Push-ups are included in many sports programs, because this exercise does not require additional accessories and strengthens the muscles comprehensively and globally. For those experiencing difficulties in this branch of physical education, there are several ways to achieve noticeable results within half a month.
How to start classes – instructions for beginners
For beginners, the main task is to hone the technique of the exercise and get used to a number of basic rules:
- maintain an even back position without bending or lifting the pelvis;
- monitor breathing: inhalation with flexion of the elbows, exhale with extension;
- Do not overwork, at the same time do not spare yourself.
Do not forget about the diet and avoid dehydration (dehydration).
To feel cheerful and fresh, it is enough to adhere to the list of classical rules:
- have a good quality rest – sleep at least 8 hours;
- drink at least 0,5 gallon of fluid per day;
- daily consume 5 small servings of food;
- Do not eat an hour before training;
- before lunch – carbohydrates, after – protein;
- more fiber and vitamins;
- if you want to lose weight – do not eat after training for 2 hours.
Before starting the lesson, it is necessary to conduct a warm-up, most of all the shoulder body and hands need it. You can take such movements into service: circular and sweeps with your hands and hands, exercise “scissors”, tilting the case in different directions. Improvisation is welcome, it is very important not to turn the workout into an unpleasant routine, which knocks down the whole mood for hard training.
Push-ups may not be able to beginner, in this case, a training program will come to the rescue. The initial stage is push-ups from the wall.
The arms are located shoulder width across from the pectoral muscles, and push-ups are performed with the straight body. The number of repetitions is not limited, this exercise is an easy preparatory stage. Then you can go to the lower objects – a table, bedside table, bench.
The next step is push-ups on the knees. The technology is still the same, but here the number of repetitions and approaches matters. Numbers vary depending on gender, age, and physical fitness: women should initially focus on 2 visits 2 times, men on 3 visits 2-4 times.
With each workout, you need to increase the number of either approaches or push-ups. When pushing out 15-20 times on your lap, following all the rules, will no longer be a problem, you can finally go to full push-ups.
Standard training program to maintain the effect
When performing several push-ups from the floor is no longer a problem, it is important not to lose the acquired skills and regularly keep fit. For beginners, the following program of push-ups from the floor is suitable, which allows you to hone your existing skills and progress:
This is an example of a simplified program designed for a week. Result – the number of push-ups performed doubles, the body is accustomed to a gradual increase in load.
The standard program implies maintaining a constant ability to fulfill the norm of push-ups for a person of a certain gender and age. According to the 2021 TRP, the average norm for women aged 18-50 is 11 push-ups per set.
For men of the same age, a minimum of 25 accomplishments. That is, the program maintains muscle tone and allows you to easily fulfill the norm at any time:
Push-ups from the floor are a serious matter, and when carrying out a program of any complexity, amateurs should learn:
- Quality over quantity! It is more advisable to do several push-ups with the technique followed, than many, but incorrectly.
- In no case should you torture yourself and do the exercise through force! Besides the fact that it will not bring benefits, the opportunity to earn serious injuries increases!
- On the other hand, you do not have to hack things and implement the plan not until the end, when there is still strength. Only hard work bears fruit.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Classic push ups
Classical push-ups is the first stage to be learned by an inexperienced sportsman who develops almost all the muscles of the torso and trains willpower.
Are made with this position:
- lying on the floor;
- hands lean vertically on the floor;
- the legs are perpendicular to the pelvis;
- weight is distributed between the toes and palms;
- the body does not bend at the waist.
Inhaling, the athlete lowers the body to the floor, while the body continues to form a line. Hands extend as you exhale. Thanks to this type of exercise, triceps, deltoid and pectoral muscles are strengthened, the position of the palms affects this.
If you change it, the effect of the lesson will also change:
- To develop triceps, the palms are located at chest level at the width of the waist. When the elbows are bent, the forearms will touch the sides.
- For the internal pectoral muscles, push-ups with a narrow grip are suitable – the palms touch each other.
- If you place your arms wider than your shoulders, you will notice a positive effect on the muscles of the back, chest, abs and triceps, but this option is much more complicated than the previous ones and is recommended for execution only if you have the proper preparation.
The angle of rotation of the
brushes does not play a significant role, it is better to place your fingers in the most convenient way. When doing push-ups, the main burden falls on the hands, which can lead to uncomfortable, painful sensations or even injuries.
Therefore, those athletes whose hands do not have natural flexibility and plasticity should consider purchasing special stops and wristbands for push-ups. With this problem, stretching the wrists can help – for example, put your palms against each other at chest level, while keeping your forearms horizontal.
Complicated push ups
When the classics are already fully mastered, for a change and increase the load, you can go to more complex types of push-ups.
In total, more than 100 varieties are distinguished, the most common of them are:
- Push-ups with cotton – this variety is considered explosive or plyometric, often used by boxers to improve the power and speed of impact, reaction. The initial position is the emphasis lying. The body gradually leans down, as in a classic push-up, and the elbows do not lean against the torso, but move sideways. Then you need to abruptly push your hands off the floor and have time to make a clap in front of you at the level of the solar plexus, then have time to return them to their original location. Complicated versions of this type of push-ups – slam twice in a row or behind.
- Push-ups without legs – an exercise for those who want to be able to control their body and feel themselves in space. The initial position differs little from the classical one: one limb either rises or is laid on another so that only the second rests on the surface. Now the upper limbs hold the load, so you have to make twice as much effort as before.
- Push-ups without arms affect the muscles of the torso and forearm. The emphasis is made with the bending of one arm back and a slight tilt of the body in the same direction. This option is suitable for men who, after gaining significant experience in the classics, wanted to pump up their arms and pectoral muscles.
- “High” push-ups will also help to strengthen them – when the feet rest on a hill. The higher the lower body, the more difficult it is, because the load that the brushes withstand changes. Some athletes practice upside-down push-ups, which is not recommended for people with pressure problems.
- To stretch the pectoral muscles, push-ups with hands on high objects are intended. It can be hinged belts, stops or chairs – this equipment is used to increase the amplitude of the body downward movement, which in other types of push-ups is limited by the floor surface. The debate about the benefits and harms of stretching the muscles of the chest does not stop, but in any case it is very important to be more careful and increase the amplitude gradually, thereby preventing the possibility of rupture of muscle tissue.
- The “folding knife” technique is used by wrestlers and dancers to develop hip mobility and endurance. The initial state is socks perpendicular to the surface, palms under the shoulders, and the legs are straightened at right angles to the torso. The elbows should be bent until the neck approaches the floor. Next, with your nose you need to reach for the ceiling, and your pelvis – for the floor. The cycle is over when the limbs are straightened, the shoulders are straightened, and the pelvis almost touches the surface. From this position, the body abruptly returns to its original position and the process repeats.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Program for pushing up chest muscles
Push-ups are one of the common methods for developing the pectoral muscles, which is characterized by a variety of programs. This exercise allows you to achieve the desired results at home without buying additional equipment.
The pectoral muscles are formed by 4 conditional lobes: upper, lower, middle and internal. All types of push-ups involve the middle part in the process, but the rest of the departments need accented tasks.
With rare exceptions, men and women use the same methods and variations of push-ups to build pectoral muscles, and the difference is only in the size of the repetitions in the approaches.
The emphasis on the muscles of the chest is placed in these types of push-ups:
- with a narrow grip;
- on stools;
- tilted forward;
- with legs on a hill.
The fastest and most effective way to pump up the pectoral muscles is to do push-ups by combining the above exercise options.
With such an intensive regimen, it is necessary to give the body a rest in 1-2 days:
Before you begin to exercise, it is worth stretching and warming up the muscles – it will not take more than 15 minutes, but will facilitate the task. The use of a warming cream will help reduce the risk of tissue damage. If discomfort or pain occurs, you can’t turn a blind eye to it – if the reason cannot be found, a visit to a specialist is necessary!
Focusing on the muscles of the chest, it is important not to forget about the spinal muscles (trapezoid, rhomboid) and the press, otherwise there is a risk of stoop.
On rest days from chest exercises, you can work out these and other areas. In addition to muscle building, push-ups burn the fat layer, so it is especially useful to perform them losing weight. At the same time, if the main goal is to increase muscle, after sports you should saturate the body with protein for 20 minutes.
The program “100 times in 6 weeks”
The goal of the “100 times in 6 weeks” scheme is to achieve hundreds of push-ups with one approach in 42 days. Anyone can achieve such success if there is motivation, discipline and free time (1-2 hours a week). The program includes classes of 5 visits in a day. Minute respite before the next episode.
For girls, the program is less intense:
And male athletes should perform classical push-ups according to a less sparing scheme:
Upon reaching the last row of the table, it is time to take stock – to squeeze as much as possible for the attempt. If the number equals or exceeds 100, then the goal is completed! If not, then it’s worthwhile to work on the basis of the tasks of the last two weeks.
When implementing the program, it is advisable to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid stress. Full and regular nutrition, 4 – 6 pint of clean water daily is the key to a strong and ready-to-train body. Do not neglect the regime of the day – to get up, eat and go to bed better at the same time every day.
Basic rules of the final stages
To achieve the desired result, it is worth following a few simple rules to complete your workout:
- During exercise, muscles produce lactic acid and shorten. To avoid distortion of posture, to get rid of pain after training and to visually improve the muscular texture, it is recommended to stretch after each session, especially those muscle groups that predominate.
- Massage will help to relax muscles – it can even be done independently. Close attention should be paid to the shoulders, shoulders and shoulder joints. A half minute massage will be enough.
- It does not hurt to take a warm (but not hot) shower or bath with aromatic oils – this will help relieve stress.
- After training, it is undesirable to go outside in cold and windy weather – the risk of getting sick increases, as a sharp change in temperature negatively affects the body that is heated after exercise.
Push-ups from the floor are a varied exercise, and everyone will choose a suitable program for themselves. The main thing is not to stop believing in yourself and strive for new achievements!
Video: push ups
A very effective beginner push up program:
If you can’t squeeze out 100 times in a row: