Acid peels for the face are successful due to the effectiveness and variety of choice of composition. Some skin imperfections can be removed or smoothed using chemical solutions. A mixture with acid directedly affects the problem area of the skin, burns it, violates the integrity of the keratinized part and forces to revive new cells.
The process of restoring the skin depends on the degree of burn and the condition of the human skin. The stronger the burn, the more intense the response.
- Types of acid peeling and their difference
- Indications for acid peeling
- Peeling Compounds
- Fruit peeling
- Salicylic peeling
- Retinoic peeling
- Glycolic peeling
- Almond peeling
- Milk peeling
- Which acid peel is suitable for sensitive skin
- Acid Peeling Rules
- Preparation of the skin for the procedure
- Step-by-step instructions for peeling at home
- Ready-made products for home peeling
- Home Acid Peel Recipes
- Skin Care Rules After Acid Peeling
- Possible complications after acid peeling
- Useful Acid Peeling Videos
Types of acid peeling and their difference
As a result of peeling, stimulation of renewal of the skin composition occurs. It is tightened, the structure improves, acne problem areas, acne, wrinkles and small scars heal. The skin is getting younger, the enlarged pores are narrowed, the tone is leveled. The acids that cosmetologists work with have different compositions and are divided into 2 groups.
ANA – water-soluble alpha hydroxy acids that work better with normal to dry skin.
The group includes acids:
VNA – beta-hydroxyacids , fat-soluble, therefore, penetrates deeper into the pores and skin, peels the epidermis. It works better with oily and combination skin, prone to clogging pores and the development of inflammatory processes. A representative of this species is salicylic acid.
The effect of peeling has a different character in terms of penetration depth.
- Superficial – affects the epidermis.
- Median – affects both the epidermis and the dermis. Conducted only by cosmetologists.
- Deep – all layers take part in it. The procedures are carried out in medical institutions under general anesthesia, operable.
Indications for acid peeling
Facial peels with acids help fight skin problems.
Acid treatment is indicated for the following disadvantages:
- subcutaneous acne, acne, redness, comedones;
- enlarged pores, increased fat content, unhealthy shine;
- stretch marks, scars, including from the treatment of acne;
- freckles, dark spots and increased pigmentation;
- signs of aging: wrinkles, sagging skin areas, faded color, dehydration;
- preparation for plastic surgery and mesotherapy.
There are many contraindications to peelings:
- pregnancy, lactation;
- the appearance of herpes and other infections;
- acute stage of inflammation and acne;
- fever, respiratory, viral diseases;
- mechanical damage;
- taking medications for acne, immunosuppressants;
- oncology, hypertension, asthma, diabetes;
- acute period of allergies;
- fresh tan;
- rosacea – an acute skin reaction to irritants;
- vascular diseases of the skin, psoriasis, keloid sutures.
After the procedures: laser, deep cleaning, you need to wait about 2 months before peeling. The area with birthmarks and large moles are not treated with acid.
Do not miss the most popular article of the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Facial peels with acids can be used at all ages.
- From youth , peeling scrub is used, with low-percentage fruit acids and the addition of abrasives.
- Later, after 25 years, they switch to full-fledged acid peels. The surface of non-toxic ANA acids is used: fruit, almond, glycolic in a concentration of up to 20%, or trichloroacetic (TCA) starting from 1%, or salicylic up to 10%.
- Who in 35 years can carry out median peels that work deeper on the dermis. Recommended peeling methods: 20-30% salicylic acid, TCA acid 25-30%. Yellow (retinoic) peeling is suitable – a mix of acids from retinoic, koyeva, azelaic, ascorbic, and phytic acids are added to it. Another recipe for surface median peeling with retinoic, salicylic and lactic acids – this “Jessner’s youth cocktail” is a success with Hollywood stars.
- After 50 years, serious problems come. A deep peeling with phenol will help to reduce the degree of problems, it is carried out only in clinical conditions, it requires anesthesia. Peeling is suitable only for those who have a healthy heart, kidneys, and liver.
All peels include additional components from glycerin, propylene glycol, soothing oils and distilled water, plant extracts may be present.
- Alpha Complex Rapid Exfoliator (Holy Land, Israel);
- Cream mask Exfoliant (company Kora, USA);
- Fruit Peel (Aravia, USA);
- Exfoliating peeling “Skinlite” (Skinlite, South Korea);
- Anti-aging (Cosmetolog, USA).
Safe and gentle peeling for a surface treatment. Acids for formulations: tartaric, glycogelic, malic, citric – natural substances.
The penetration depth is small: they can affect only the stratum corneum or a little deeper. The process is painless, rarely a burning sensation. As a result, the skin is smooth, brightened, soft and supple. Wrinkles are smoothed out, pores are contracted, the condition of acne disease improves.
- Salicylicpee 15%; 25% (MedicControlPeel, USA);
- Salicylic Acid 20% (PeelMedical, USA / USA);
- Salipeel S25% (Mediderma, Spain);
- Anti-acne (Algologie, France);
- SalicylicPeer15%, 25% (Martinex, USA).
There are 2 types of peelings: superficial with 15-20% acid and superficial-middle with 25-30% solution. It has a high level of penetration into the depths of the skin and actively suppresses pathology in the skin. The effect is achieved due to the uniqueness of salicylic acid, it completely dissolves and eliminates dead epidermis. Collagen production is stimulated, pore narrowing occurs, discharge from the sebaceous glands returns to normal, and it helps to get rid of pigmentation and wrinkles.
- Retises Forte Cream (Mediderma, Spain);
- Yellow peel (firm
Kosmoteros, Switzerland, France, USA);
- Carrot’s peel (company Arcadia, USA);
- AGE CONTROL Super-Lift (HolyLand, Israel);
- Block Age Peel Cream (Medic Control Peel, USA).
Spend surface peeling, but the effect is achieved as from the median. Often use the popular “yellow” multi-component peeling, consisting of several types of acids. The procedure is safe, suitable for customers with sensitive skin.
The event is best carried out by a cosmetologist – you need to monitor the speed and severity of redness, in time to neutralize the acid.
Peeling removes pigmentation, has a strong antioxidant property, slows down aging, removes inflammation, enhances collagen formation, smoothes wrinkles, improves texture.
- Easy peeling with chitosan 10% (Medical Collagene 3D, USA);
- Raspberry, Cranberry (New Line, USA);
- Glicolik 70% (PromoItalia, Italy);
- Glycolic Gel-Peel from 30% to 70% (New Peel, Spain);
- Perfect Glycolic Peel (Cell Fusion C, South Korea).
2 types are performed: superficial (up to 40%) and superficial-median (40-70%). Due to the small size of the molecular weight, the peeling procedure is less painful, safe. Suitable for all skin types and all ages. The procedure in a short time helps to moisturize, smooth out wrinkles, brightens pigmentation, and stimulates collagen production.
- Mandelic (New Peel, Spain);
- Mandelac Peel (Sesderma Laboratories, Spain);
- Almond 40% (Mandelicpeel firm) (MedicControlPeel, USA);
- Almond Almond Acid 20%; 30% (PeelMedical, USA / USA);
- Almond + DMAE (Peeling Mandelico) (company SimildietLaboratorios, Spain);
- Almond ESTER C Coctail Mandelik Peel (GiGi, Israel).
Superficial peeling is performed. Large molecules cannot penetrate deep into the skin. For this reason, he treats the skin more carefully without irritating it.
It is performed even in the spring-summer period – it does not lower the skin’s resistance to the sun.
Peeling has an anti-aging effect, reduces the manifestations of hyperpigmentation, having strong antibacterial properties, fights acne, normalizes the formation of sebum in the glands, and develops the synthesis of collagen proteins.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the system of the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
- WRINKLE OFF (New Peel. Spain);
- Lingonberry (New Line, USA);
- Dairy 50% (Lacticpeel) (MedicControlPeel, USA);
- Milk Lactic Acid 30%; 50% (PeelMedical, USA);
- Deep Pore Cleanser (Oxygen Botanicals, Canada).
Superficial peeling is performed. The most gentle peeling, can be used as preparation for other procedures. Mostly suitable for older people: intensive hydration, good lifting effect, removal of black spots, reduced sebum secretion, antioxidant effect, lightening.
Which acid peel is suitable for sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is prone to irritability with an unclear reaction to them: exogenous (physical and chemical), endogenous (hormonal, genetic and other diseases). Sensitive skin most often has a thin stratum corneum, insufficient secretion of fat from the glands, and little pigment.
It manifests itself in redness, peeling, rashes, dryness and tightening.
Facial peels with acids in this case should be gentle to eliminate side effects from use. Acids are used with a minimum percentage and the exposure time of the solution on the skin. Acids are optimally suited: pyruvic acid (a derivative of grape and tartaric acids), malic, glycolic or lactic.
They are great for thin, sensitive skin, as:
- strengthen metabolic processes;
- protect from early aging;
- protect against moisture loss;
- strengthen barrier functions,
- increase density and elasticity, stimulating collagen formation.
Acid Peeling Rules
- Facial make-up is carried out, the remnants of cosmetics and dirt are removed.
- Degrease the skin.
- Apply an acid composition, observing the reaction of the skin.
- If the plan is the application of several layers, then a new layer is applied only to the dried one.
- In case of severe redness, a neutralizing agent is applied before the end of the term.
- In the case of normal conduct of the procedure, the allotted time is maintained.
- Apply a neutralizing solution.
- Compositions for soothing and moisturizing the skin.
- The composition is particularly nutritious action, for better regeneration.
Preparation of the skin for the procedure
For each client, the composition is selected individually by the cosmetologist who conducted the examination. The skin is tested for the active substance. 2 days before the procedure, the consultant may appoint to take antiviral drugs, advise you to stop taking certain drugs.
A preliminary preparation is carried out, which facilitates the penetration of the solution into the depth of the skin and the speed of recovery.
The more intense t
he penetration of acid into the layers of the skin, the stronger the skin needs to be prepared.
In 2 weeks:
- to refuse visits to pools, saunas;
- avoid exposure to sunlight and artificial rays (tanning bed);
- use creams with protection of at least 30 SPF;
- exclude scrubs, peels, microdermabrasion, use fruit peels only for their intended purpose;
- the consultant may prescribe the use of glycogelic acid lotions or a cream with retinoids.
For a week is not worth:
- perform wax or laser hair removal;
- inject Botox or collagen;
- chemical manipulations with hair: dyeing, curling, hair straightening.
Step-by-step instructions for peeling at home
Gentle face peels with acids can be done at home. Before performing the procedure, the diet should contain foods containing vitamin A: dried apricots, carrots, parsley.
For peeling, natural berries are used as ingredients:
- cottage cheese;
- sour cream;
Supplement with ingredients:
- oat flour;
- mineral water.
There are many recipes for natural peels, regardless of which one you select, the procedure consists of several steps that are the same for everyone. First you need to test the prepared mixture for a reaction.
- To disinfect skin with lotion or tonic.
- Steam the skin over the decoction with medicinal herbs for about 10 minutes. Use: for oily skin – chamomile, sage, for dry – linden, mint.
- Remove moisture with a tissue.
- Apply the mixture to the skin, keep for about 10-20 minutes.
- Remove with chilled water.
- Use a tonic or stress relief lotion.
- Treat with a nourishing cream.
Ready-made products for home peeling
To achieve the desired result from the procedure, you can purchase ready-made peeling preparations in pharmacies or cosmetic institutions for the procedure at home.
The company Kora, USA, produces an exfoliant cream mask . Main components: tartaric, lactic, citric, glycolic acid with the addition of grape seed oil. Cost from $ 8,57. ( 3,38 fluid ounce). Burning and redness in a mild form are acceptable. Usage: combination skin, oily – after 3 days; dry, sensitive – once a week; course up to 20 procedures. Improves the texture of the skin, promotes toning, moisturizing, rejuvenation.
Aravia Company, USA, produces 3 types of peelings, with a volume of 5,07 fluid ounce. All of them are intended for salon use: normal or oily skin – up to 2 times a week, sensitive, refined skin – 1 time from a week, up to 10 days.
- Peeling Lactica Exfoliate 10%. Main components: 10% lactic acid, polyquartenium, sodium hydroxide. Cost from $ 5,44. Cleanses, moisturizes, promotes regeneration, enhances microcirculation, synthesizes collagen.
- Papaya Enzyme Peel . Main components: papain, olive oil and corn. Cost from $ 5,44. Cleanses, relieves inflammation, softens the color of age spots, removes hyperkeratosis.
- Body peeling “Fruit Peel” . The main components: glycolic, citric, lactic acid, PH-corrector, bitter orange extract. Price from $ 9,93. Renews, refreshes the skin, enhances elasticity, synthesizes collagen, eliminates bumps, improves texture, color.
Firm Secrets Lan, China. They produce several types of effective fruit peels for home use. Available in tubes of 100 g, prices from $ 2,72. Apply 1 time in 3 or 7 days. Irritation is unacceptable, rinse with water when it appears.
- Seahorse – the main components: glycolic acid, extract from the seahorse, propolis. It improves blood flow, nutrition, moisturizes, due to this, elasticity is strengthened, the relief is leveled.
- Fruit – the main components: glycolic, malic, citric, polyacrylic, aminoacetic acid, glycerin. It renews the cells of the epidermis, cleanses and reduces the size of pores, has a beneficial effect on the texture of the skin and its color, gives silkiness.
- Renewing ginseng – the main components: glycolic malic acid, polyacrylic acid, ginseng extract. Improves blood circulation, promotes hydration, tones the skin.
Gemene company, USA. Produces DNC Gemene fruit peeling for home use. The main components: lactic, glycolic, hyauronic, malic, tartaric acid, radish enzyme. Price from $ 5,44. ( 0,68 fluid ounce). Apply periodically in 3 days. Enhances metabolism, improves texture, restores tone, slows down the appearance of dark spots, preventing and correcting the effect of age on the skin.
HolyLand Company, Israel. Fruit peelings of the company have natural compositions, the main component: apples, papaya, sugarcane and blueberries. Suitable for surface peeling of any skin type. Due to the natural components of the peeling does not give side effects.
- Rapid Exfoliator – A mixture of fruit acids with fig and papaya extracts. Price from $ 41. (volume 3,38 fluid ounce). Use 1 time or a week, or 10 days, mild redness, a burning sensation are acceptable. It evens out the relief, smoothes wrinkles, cleanses the pores, helps to narrow them, moisturizes, synthesizes collagen and elastin.
- Prepping Lotion – a mixture of fruit, salicylic, ascorbic acids with retinol, green tea extract. Price from $ 39. ( 8,45 fluid ounce). Apply a day after 5 minutes before using the cream, tingling is permissible. Expressed face lifting. Reduction of edema, narrowing of pores, restoration of metabolism.
Cosmetolog company, USA. Cosmetolog Rejuvenates. The main components: lactic
, malic, glycolic, citric acid, urea. Price from $ 2,86. for 1,69 fluid ounce. Apply after 3 days. A slight burning sensation is acceptable. Intensive hydration, epidermis restoration, smoothing of the microrelief, increased tone, elasticity, an obstacle for the appearance of acne, comedones, post-acne correction.
Skinlite, South Korea.
It produces 2 types:
- Gel Apple and grapes. Main components: extracts of grapefruit, kiwi, guava, orange, grape, strawberry, apple, banana, castor oil. Weight 50 g. Price from $ 2,04. Apply for home use after 2 days. Enhances metabolism, improves texture, cleanses and renews.
- Gel peeling Skinlite. Main components: apple extract, multicomponent fruit acids, castor oil. Price from $ 4,35. ( 3,38 fluid ounce). Apply for home use after 2 days. Suitable for sensitive skin, removes irritation, nourishes, moisturizes, cell regeneration, smooths the skin texture.
Home Acid Peel Recipes
Acid peels for the face can be made from fruits. They have several advantages – bleach, cleanse, affect skin rejuvenation.
The method of use is simple: prepare the mixture, put on face, hold and rinse. To obtain a certain effectiveness, other components are added to the mixture.
- Moisturizing – honey, cottage cheese (the main composition of 1 tablespoon, the remaining 1: 1).
- Vitaminization and elimination of fat content – juice with boiled water (1: 1).
- Purification – boiled water, clay (1: 1, clay to gruel).
- Pore narrowing – a slurry of juice, oatmeal and wheat equally.
- Whitening – wipe with juice in several layers.
Use berries and fruits with an acid content (%):
- Red currants (4%), use juice and mashed berries, hold for 15 minutes.
- Lemon (5.7%), use juice, the mixture is kept for no more than 10 minutes.
- Pineapple (1.2%), use juice and chopped pulp, hold for up to 20 minutes.
- Kiwi (2.6%), use juice and mashed pulp, hold for up to 20 minutes.
- Strawberries (1.3%), use juice and mashed pulp, hold for up to 20 minutes.
- Grapes (0.9%), use juice and mashed pulp, hold for up to 20 minutes.
Skin Care Rules After Acid Peeling
Facial peels are stressful. Interaction with acids is especially difficult for the skin, therefore, to mitigate the effects, some rules must be followed to ensure maximum protection.
The first 12 hours are prohibited:
- wash your face;
- touch the face;
- to raise funds;
Within 2 weeks:
- refuse decorative cosmetics, scrubs;
- the first 3 days to use only light foams and gels, then funds on the advice of a cosmetologist with anti-inflammatory, tonic and moisturizing properties;
- Do not touch the skin;
- the formed crusts should not be removed until they themselves fall away;
- abandon the bath, steam room, sauna, sports activities;
- the first 3 days to restrict visits to, after 3 days leaving the house, use creams with an SPF filter.
Possible complications after acid peeling
Predicted complications are planned temporary phenomena that do not harm the body and disappear on their own after a certain time.
- The formation of crusts.
- Moderate arterial flow or venous outflow.
Unpredictable complications that occur after the procedure are characterized by a negative effect, individual consequences may require medical intervention.
- Allergic reaction.
- Dermatosis with red-yellow papule nodules.
- Marbling – drawing the contour of blood vessels on the surface of the body with a pale red color.
- The aggravation of acne disease.
- The boundary of the treated area is sharply marked.
- Tissue compaction and scar formation.
- The formation of wen.
Pay attention to face peels with acids in case of skin problems. Solutions act differently from a mild effect to deep penetration into the deeper layers of the dermis.
You can always choose a solution individually, for each type of skin, for this it is better to contact the professionals in the beauty parlor. You can resort to folk recipes, in fact, these are the same masks that our mothers and grandmothers did.
Useful Acid Peeling Videos
Peeling mask with fruit acids at home:
The subtleties of conducting almond peeling in the salon: