After going to a beauty salon, each girl’s hair looks well-groomed and beautiful, but to maintain this effect at home, you should only buy high-quality professional cosmetics. After the girls find among the products of this segment exactly what is suitable for their hair type, they will never return to the mass market.
- The difference between professional hair products and mass market products
- Indications for use
- Features of care depending on the type of hair
- Damaged and brittle strands
- Dry hair
- Oily scalp and greasy strands
- Thin hair
- Thick hair
- The best tools and rules for their use
- Hygienic shampoos: names, features
- Balms, conditioners and masks: names, features
- Oils, sprays and serums: names, features
- Ampoules and liquid keratin: names, features
- Stacking means: names, features
- Professional tools
- Prevention of hair loss, dandruff, section of the tips with the help of professional cosmetics
- Recipes for folk hair care products
- Video about professional hair products
The difference between professional hair products and mass market products
The main purpose of any shampoos, gels and liquid soap from the mass market segment is to wash away the dirt. Quickly, but not carefully. And all because the basis of all these products is anionic surfactants – the cheapest and most aggressive surface-active substances in their effect.
They wash away not only dirt, but also the lipid (protective) layer from the surface of the skin and hair. This leads to evaporation of moisture and accelerates aging.
In order to regenerate the protective layer, the sebaceous glands begin a more active production of fat, due to this process the surface of the scalp and body is contaminated faster. Also, anionic surfactants can lead to allergic reactions to the skin: itching, seborrhea, irritation.
Professional products are based on nonionic and amphoteric surfactants. These are expensive, but 100% safe and biodegradable substances that gently affect the skin, are extracted from natural raw materials, enhance the beneficial properties of volatile silicones and polymers in high-quality cosmetics.
Cheap funds are aimed at the mass consumer, who buys a lot of different products that do not give an effect, instead of buying one, but really working. All these products are divided into only a few segments: for dyed hair, for oily / dry scalp or normal strands.
Such tools have the same basis and only a tiny fraction of the components aimed at solving the problems indicated on the package. Shampoo from the mass market promises to solve the problems of the scalp and hair, but for this we need means of completely different effects.
Professional cosmetics work differently. She copes with a narrower range of tasks: for damaged, brittle, thin, curly hair – there will be separate products that are produced by the complex. In order not to make a mistake in choosing, it is better to turn for help to a salon master or a sales assistant.
Professional hair care very rarely includes 2 in 1 products. It can be creams or sprays with moisturizing or nutrition functions + thermal protection. Or styling products, which include caring components. An exception is also air conditioners for co-washing (head wash only with air conditioning without silicone).
But even expensive co-washing products are suitable only for thick, dry and damaged hair. From the category of the mass market there are many 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 directivity products. Do not trust these products. Especially when it comes to such incompatible products as shampoo + conditioner.
Or shampoo at the same time for all types of hair. Usually they do not contain a large number of useful ingredients, but simply work on aggressive surfactants and insoluble silicones.
Economical expense. All professional cosmetics are very concentrated. It does not need to be used much. Accordingly, the expense will not be large and the funds will last long.
Applying high-quality cosmetics is necessary for everyone who cares not only about beauty, but also about the health of skin and hair. In the beauty industry market, there are tools to solve absolutely any problems with hair and skin, both for women and men.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Indications for use
Even if a person has healthy scalp and normal hair condition, then this is not a reason to deny yourself the pleasure of trying out the benefits that professional products provide.
Here are a few reasons to use intensive care if there are no visible problems:
- hydration is necessary for any hair, and products from the mass market are not able to provide the proper level of moisture;
- conventional means are not able to protect the structure of the strands from damage as a result of chemical, thermal and mechanical effects;
- constant staining with low-quality dyes can destroy curls that are naturally strong, and even if a dye of good quality, an ordinary shampoo will wash off the color much faster than a professional one;
- it’s easier to prevent damage than to repair it.
There are also indications in which it is already necessary to change care to professional:
- constant irritation, tightness and peeling of the skin;
- fragility and lifeless state of strands;
- oily scalp;
- dry hair;
- damage after chemical or thermal exposure;
- hair loss;
- sensitive scalp;
- split ends;
- frequent use of styling products.
To combat each of these problems, there are entire complexes of funds. When used correctly, they will not only cope with the task, but also provide a reliable preventive effect so that similar difficulties do not appear in the future.
Features of care depending on the type of hair
Professional hair care of each type will be completely different. To accurately determine the type of hair and scalp (after all, the skin can be oily and the hair can be dry), you need to remember a few key signs.
Features of the normal type of hair and skin:
- there is no need to wash your hair more than once every 3 days;
- lack of irritation and seborrhea;
- hair does not break when combed;
- there are no ends tipped;
- shine and elasticity are present.
Signs of dry hair and scalp:
- hair becomes oily only a week after washing;
- porous structure of the hair;
- hair is dull and brittle;
- fine dandruff and itching are present;
- constant feeling of tightness of the skin.
Signs of oily scalp and hair:
- head should be washed daily, otherwise the hair does not look clean;
- hair is elastic, but quickly lose volume;
- large flakes of dandruff are present.
The mixed type has such features:
- at the roots, the hair quickly becomes oily, but their length is dry and brittle;
- dry and electrified tips;
- there are no problems with the scalp, and the hair is dull and brittle.
All these problems are easily solved with the help of well-chosen professional means. But what products are suitable for this or that type
Damaged and brittle strands
Damaged hair is characterized by dryness, brittleness, lack of shine and elasticity. They
require not just intensive care, but treatment. Such a state can be caused by chemical, thermal and mechanical effects.
As well as a lack of moisture, keratin and collagen in the structure of curls. To cope with such a difficult task, you need to choose a set of tools for the regeneration of lifeless strands.
The composition of cosmetics for damaged hair includes:
- nutritional components: oils and plant extracts;
- hydrolyzed proteins;
- amino acids.
These ingredients help penetrate deep into the hair and fill its damaged structure with protein components. After regular use of such cosmetics, the hair becomes elastic, shiny and resilient.
The main problem with this type of hair is a lack of moisture.
Accordingly, all balms, masks and indelible products must contain active moisturizing components:
- lactic acid;
- volatile silicones (retain moisture inside).
It will not be superfluous to acquire indelible products with a high level of SPF protection for hot weather. After all, the scorching sun causes great harm not only to the health of the skin, but also to the hair.
Oily scalp and greasy strands
The most finicky skin type. Here you need to select a complex of care products very carefully. Shampoo should be professional, therapeutic for oily scalp.
It is a mistake to think that such skin does not need hydration. Excessive sebum production can be caused by a lack of moisture. Therefore, in professional care for oily skin, you need to include a peeling mask and a tonic lotion.
A peeling mask is used before shampoo and has several advantages:
- cleans the surface of sebum, keratinized particles and dandruff;
- relieves itching and normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- prepare for the use of shampoo;
Lotion moisturizes and refreshes clean skin. It should be applied after using shampoo and conditioner.
The hair of European girls, by their nature, has a fine structure. There are many problems with such curls: they are electrified, split, prone to brittleness. Such hair never looks attractive unless you select the right care for it.
Here are a few rules for selecting professional tools for thin hair:
- the conditioner and the mask should be light so as not to overload the curls; moisturizers that add density and for moisturizing will become a universal option;
- if there are no serious problems with the scalp, then shampoo for volume is perfect for thin hair;
- when laying, it is better to always use a spray for basal volume or mousse;
- finishes should remove static and prevent tip cross-sections.
On thin hair, careless styling looks beautiful. It is better not to expose them to unnecessary exposure to thermal instruments.
Even those who are fortunate by nature to have luxurious thick curls face a number of problems. Such hair is often fluffy, tangled, it is difficult to style.
To make a thick pile look well-groomed and beautiful, there are several rules for the care and selection of cosmetics:
- the composition of the care products should be a lot of oils, they nourish and make the hair more obedient;
- as a final care, it is better to take creams, not sprays;
- combing such hair should be from the bottom to make it easier to untangle;
- Professional combs and brushes for hair care are best taken with large, not thick teeth.
If you follow these simple tips, your hair will be healthy, supple and supple.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The best tools and rules for their use
There are many brands that are considered professional and guarantee quality and safe hair care. Time and user reviews have already identified the best manufacturers of professional cosmetics.
Hygienic shampoos: names, features
For oily scalp such shampoos are ideal:
- Kerastase Bain Divalent Specifique Shampoo – for delicate cleansing based on the unique System Bi-Active technology, which normalizes the hydrolipidic balance of the skin. Shampoo contains salicylic acid, vitamin B6 and tonic ingredients.
- L’Oreal Professionnel Pure Resource Shampoo – create protection from the harmful effects of the environment, perfectly removes not only pollution, but also the remnants of styling products, gives shine.
For dry scalp and damaged hair, the best treatment options are:
- Kerastase Resistance Strengthening Shampoo – a strengthening shampoo to take care of the health of exhausted hair, the organic ingredients in the composition will restore beauty to dry and lifeless strands.
- Lebel Proedit Soft Fit – normalizes the pH balance of the scalp and the moisture level in the hair. It softens and neutralizes the effect of free radicals.
For thin hair, the best brands have developed such care products:
- Kerastase Densifique Bain Densite Bodifying Shampoo – an innovative formula that gives density, and hyaluronic acid and Omega-6 nourish and normalize growth. Using this shampoo accelerates hair growth.
- L’oreal Professionnel Volumetry – thanks to the hydralight component, shampoo has a moisturizing property. And calcium crystals envelop each hair and separate it, due to which a 3-dimensional effect is achieved.
- Lebel Proedit Curl Fit – Adds volume to even the most naughty, thin hair. Seals the structure of each hair. Makes curls more elastic.
Rinse hair with shampoo twice. The first time dirt is removed, and the second time a professional product gives useful components to hair and skin.
Balms, conditioners and masks: names, features
Professional hair care is difficult to imagin
e without these funds. They nourish, regenerate, moisturize hair. Apply after shampoo to towel-dried strands. Conditioners (balms) are used after each wash, and masks no more than 2 times a week, since their composition is more concentrated.
It is worth highlighting such products of famous brands:
- Kerastase Discipline Mask Curl Ideal – for naughty and curly hair, there is no better way to find it. It can be used both as a mask and as a balm. Will make curls smooth, beautiful and pleasant to the touch. Additionally possesses thermoprotective properties.
- Loreal Professionel Vitamino Color Conditioner is an ideal protection for the color of dyed hair. The product also contains UV filters. The antioxidant effect of the air conditioner allows you to make the color more vibrant and shiny.
- LOreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium Instant Reconstructing Masque is an absolute hit among all Loreal masks. Recovery of severely damaged hair. Lactic acid in the composition neutralizes the effect of iron, which is contained in tap water. Phytokeratins effectively regenerate hair.
- Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask is a universal tool of the Israeli brand. Helps in a very short time to restore the beauty of hair damaged by perm or straightening, as well as a result of unsuccessful staining.
Masks and conditioners should never be applied to the scalp (unless authorized by the manufacturer). They are designed to work only with hair problems.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Oils, sprays and serums: names, features
Oils, sprays and serums are the finishes in a hair care ritual. They do not wash off, but protect the strands from the harmful effects throughout the day. The main objectives of these products are: moisturizing, thermal protection, nutrition, smoothing, giving shine.
The best products in this category:
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oil is a universal oil for all hair types. It has a unique aroma of expensive perfume. Thanks to camellia and argan oils, the product effectively prevents the delamination of the ends. It will give your hair smoothness and shine.
- L’Oreal Professionnel Vitamino Color A-OX 10 in 1 is another super hit of the dyed hair series. It acts immediately in 10 directions. Among its functions are restoration of colored strands, protection of their color, shine, smoothing. It has thermal protective properties and UV filters.
- Lebel Viege Root Care Mist – spray regenerates the skin, maintains a balance of molecular moisture, relieves discomfort. It gives density to the hair and provides a basal volume.
All these products are the finishing touches in the care of the beauty of curls. Before applying, it is better to grind in the palms, and then apply.
Heated components absorb better and act faster. You can use these funds every day. They are suitable for use on dry and wet hair.
Ampoules and liquid keratin: names, features
Ampoules are active, concentrated agents aimed at treating and eliminating such problems of the scalp as loss, dryness and irritation, a tendency to oily. Keratin – regenerates the structure of the hair, saturating it with the missing component.
The best products in this category:
- Indola Innova Repair Instant Keratin Filler – restores the level of natural keratin, which decreases when exposed to high temperatures. Available in a convenient bottle with a dispenser-spray. Apply to dry and wet hair. It is not washed off and is suitable for daily use.
- Erayba 18b Balancing Lotion – regulate the secretion of the sebaceous glands. They are used for increased oily skin. The product is based on aloe vera and cucumber extract. Apply to clean scalp, rubbed and not washed off. It is applied 3 times a week.
- Kerastase Specifique Cure Aminexil is an ampoule product of the French brand, which is designed to combat loss. It works on the basis of plant components and castor oil. They nourish and strengthen the hair follicle. Applied by the course: one ampoule per day, for 2 months.
A trichologist should prescribe a course of ampoules. He defines a remedy, the composition of which will be most effective in combating individual problems of the scalp of each person.
Stacking means: names, features
The most popular styling products are:
- for long hair – sprays and creams;
- for medium – mousses and varnishes;
- for short ones, pastes and waxes.
Here are some of the best styling products from professional manufacturers:
- Revlon Professional Pro You Extra Strong Hair Spray Extreme – a very strong fixing spray that provides perfect styling for the whole day in all weather conditions, and organic components nourish and protect hair.
- Helen Seward Indaco Styling Mousse – a mousse for mobile fixation, does not stick and does not make heavier, provides strength and keeps styling even in high humidity.
- SexyHair HealthySexyHair Soy Paste Texture Pomade – a paste with a memory effect based on soy protein helps to change and maintain your hairstyle throughout the day and at the same time take care of the health of your hair.
Products of the best brands help to quickly and efficiently create new images every day.
Professional hair care cannot be complete without the use of tools for hairdressers. They are more expensive than household appliances, but when used properly, provide care in the cabin.
Advantages of professional hair dryers:
- the presence of 6 or more modes, while household hair dryers have 2-3;
- ionization button, it is needed to maintain the quality of the hair with frequent use of the hair dryer;
- cold blowing, provides quick cooling of curls during styling, thanks to it – the hairstyle lasts longer;
- the power of advanced hair dryers is 1800-2400W, which allows you to quickly dry the strands, thereby less damaging them;
The disadvantage of advanced hair dryers is their weight. While conventional appliances weigh about 300 g, the weight of professional hair dryers is 450-600 g. When using a powerful hair dryer, the main thing to remember: it can not be sent to the scalp so as not to get burns.
The best brands of professional hair dryers in the world:
- Moser (Germany).
- Parlux, Babyliss PRO (France).
The main advantages of professional ploques, curls and irons:
- the maximum coverage of household styling tools will be ceramic, while the manufacturers of salon equipment have gone further and use the latest and more gentle coatings: titanium and tourmaline, or combinations thereof;
- ionization technology allows for more gentle care;
- the presence of temperature sensors;
- auto power off function;
The most popular manufacturers of such equipment:
- Babyliss PRO (France).
- GAMA (Italy).
- Sibel (Belgium).
Brushes and brashengs from professional manufacturers guarantee gentle care and durability.
Their main advantages:
- materials: wood, carbon, ceramics;
- removal of static electricity;
- ion coated;
- bristles with natural bristles perfectly polish hair;
The best manufacturers who provide a wide selection of tools for all types of hair and any styling:
- Mustang (America).
- Olivia Garden (Belgium).
- YS Park (Japan).
Prevention of hair loss, dandruff, section of the tips with the help of professional cosmetics
To treat scalp from the problem of hair loss, dandruff and cross-section of hair, a special trichological complex has been developed that can immediately eliminate all these problems – a complex of hair loss of the Finnish brand System 4.
It has a safe, organic composition:
- undicylic acid and salicylic acid;
- extracts of herbs;
- Castor oil;
Includes such means:
- peeling mask – normalizes the sebaceous glands, eliminates dandruff, has an antifungal effect;
- bio-botanical shampoo – stimulates blood circulation and prevents loss;
- serum – completely stops hair loss, nourishes the scalp, stimulates the growth of new healthy hair.
A complex for the treatment of hair loss caused by seasonal changes, pregnancy, stress, and aggressive effects is shown. It is used for 1 to 3 months.
Recipes for folk hair care products
Finally, some of the best folk recipes for care that complement the actions of professional products and do not harm the hair.
|Hair type||Ingredients and Application|
|Dry hair||150 g of kefir mixed with 1 small tablespoons of olive oil and a slice of brown bread. Leave on for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm water.|
|Damaged and dyed hair||2 small tablespoons of lemon juice mixed with 1 teaspoons. heated castor oil and 1 small spoonfuls of burdock. Apply to wet hair for 1 hour, wrap with a film. After rinse with shampoo.|
|Thin and brittle hair||3 tablespoon of ground green tea infused with glasses of boiling water, mix with 2 egg yolks. Apply to hair and scalp for 30 minutes. Wash off without shampoo.|
Professional, high-quality and safe hair care is achieved through the competent selection of the right products and tools. Due to the availability of information about the features and benefits of professional cosmetics, you can easily choose an individual complex that will work, taking care of the beauty and health of curls.
Video about professional hair products
Overview of professional lines of hair care products: