Mousse is a modern product in the list of hair products. This type of cosmetics is presented in several varieties and is produced both by luxury brands and mass market brands. Information about the features and rules of using mousse will help you navigate when buying a product.
- Why is hair mousse needed
- Differences from foam
- Hair Mousse
- Mousse for shine
- Curly Hair Mousses
- Foam Wax Mousse
- Caring mousse conditioners
- Tinting Mousses for coloring
- Problems Solved With Mousse
- How to choose a styling mousse
- Mousses for different types of hair
- What to look for when buying
- Instructions for use
- How to use to create bulk styling
- Rating of the best brands: table of names and prices
- Women’s reviews on the quality of products of different brands
- Mousse Schwarzkopf Perfect: a palette of colors
- Schwarzkopf Silhouette Mousse Flexible Hold
- Estel Professional Airex
- Syoss Ceramide-Keratin Complex
- Syoss curl control
- Kerastase “Mousse Bouffante Volume Injection”
- Tecni.Art by L’Oreal
- Matrix Vavoom
- Mousse “Protection” from the brand “Prelest”
- “Romance” Sibiar
- TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls
- Avon Techniques Mousse by Avon
- Mousse from the manufacturer “Taft”
- How to cook mousse at home
- Hair Mousse Video
Why is hair mousse needed
Mousse is a cosmetic product for hair care and styling. Its main tasks are to facilitate the process of creating hairstyles, to give the styled hair an attractive appearance and to preserve it for a long time.
Applying mousse to the hair makes it easy to give the desired shape. The tool protects the strands from the negative effects of hot air during styling with a hairdryer.
The finished hairstyle using mousse acquires additional volume and shine. The product provides easy elastic fixation without weighting the hair. The strands remain mobile and maintain a neat appearance. Mousse stays on the hair during combing and is easily removed with water and shampoo.
In appearance and consistency, the mousse resembles egg whites, whipped into elastic foam.
The product has perfumes. Some mousse producers try to emphasize the environmental friendliness of their products and supply it with a perfume composition with natural notes of herbs and berries. The “natural” aroma should not be misleading regarding the composition of the mousse: synthetic components are present in all cosmetic products of industrial production.
Mousses are sold in metal containers with a capacity of 5,07 fluid ounce or more. They are equipped with a dispenser dispenser, which provides a comfortable and economical use of the product.
Differences from foam
The confusion between the mousse and styling foam is warranted.
- Destination. Mousse and foam are needed for styling and fixing hair.
- Release form. Funds are sold in metal bottles with dispensers. In the store they can be distinguished only by the inscription on the label.
- Consistency. Both products are white foam that holds their shape.
Hair mousse shows its differences from foam during application to the hair and in the final result of styling:
- Mousse for styling is lighter than foam and easier to distribute through the hair.
- A finished hairstyle based on mousse is more mobile and less voluminous than after applying foam. Mousse creates an easy fixation and preserves the natural shape of the hairstyle.
The strengths of the mousse are manifested in the features of its gentle effect on the hair and styling characteristics made with the help of a cosmetic product.
- Safety. Compared with other hair styling products, mousse gently affects the hair and contains less toxic synthetic components in the composition.
- Convenience in daily use. Mousse is easy to use and does not require much time for styling.
- Hair protection. Mousse envelops the hair and protects them from the damaging effects of the hot air of the hair dryer, temperature extremes and ultraviolet radiation.
- Fixation of hair with mousse occurs without gluing and weighting strands.
- Improving the appearance of hairstyles. Mousse will add strands of splendor and shine.
- Care and restoration of hair. The nutritious ingredients of the cosmetic product are responsible for softening and moisturizing the strands.
The difficulties of using mousse can be associated with the unusual texture of the product and the individual characteristics of the hair.
- Weak fixation. Mousse is not suitable as an independent tool for fixing complex high styling.
- Efficiency depends on the structure of the hair. Mousse gives volume and increases the obedience of thin hair. Owners of dense hard strands do not see the result promised by the mousse producers.
- Difficulty in dosing. Determining the optimal portion of mousse is possible only through trial and error. A small amount of product is useless; too large a dose of mousse will create the illusion of dirty hair.
- Excess mousse is noticeable on the hair. It leads to bonding strands. The tool can create a whitish coating on the styling, which resembles dandruff.
Mousse for hair is presented in 2 main varieties:
- For styling and hair care.
- For hair coloring.
Products for styling (styling) hair and care are most diverse. They are presented in a wide price range and are produced by most well-known brands of hair cosmetics. Mousses for styling create an attractive hairstyle, retain its shape for a long time and improve the appearance of strands.
Products for laying vary in power and have 4 fixation options:
- Weak Mousses of weak fixation are the safest and hypoallergenic.
- The average fixation keeps the styling result for 6-7 hours.
- Strong Hats, rainfall and wind are not afraid of a hairstyle fixed by a strong fixation mousse. The comb will return the styling to its original appearance.
- Super strong. Super powerful products fix styling for a period of up to 2 days.
Mousses vary depending on the tasks that can be solved with their help and are presented in 4 forms:
- To add volume to styling.
- For shine of hair.
- For curls.
- Mousses conditioners for gentle care.
These abilities are indicated on a bottle of mousse. Sometimes a particular mousse ability is brought to the fore. In other cases, the product promises a comprehensive effect on the hair, for example, “Shine + care”, “Volume + shine”.
Mousses for coloring – a modern analogue to traditional hair dyes. This is a relatively new product in the cosmetics market, which today is produced by few brands, but is gaining interest among consumers.
2 varieties of mousses for hair coloring:
- Toning – is aimed at owners of hair of different shades and lovers of experimenting with avant-garde hairstyle colors: pink, blue, purple.
- Lightening – designed for blondes.
Means give volume to the styling and allow you to make up for the natural deficiency of hair splendor. This effect is achieved due to the composition of the funds. Mousse particles envelop and thicken each hair, as a result of which the hairstyle looks more voluminous.
Some volumetric styling mousse manufacturers supply the bottle with a thin dispenser. It is especially convenient for targeted application of mousse closer to the roots of the hair, which allows you to raise the strands at the base and create the illusion of an impressive volume.
See the most honest Top 5 ranking:
Professional hair clippers
Mousse for shine
Styling and grooming products give the strands a natural, healthy look. Gloss mousses do not contain sparkles, unlike some hair sprays. The positive effect of mousses is achieved thanks to the nutritional ingredients in the composition of funds.
Popular additives include natural substances like panthenol, vegetable oils and silk proteins. They act on the hair from the inside, moisturizing and improving their health.
The “lamination effect” of styling mousses for shine is manifested in the creation of a smooth shell on the hair. It provides protection against adverse external influences and gives the strands a specular sheen.
Curly Hair Mousses
Mousse for hair curly from nature, simplifies the process of styling. Moisturizing ingredients are added to the product. They make curls more obedient and soft. The finished hairstyle looks neat, the hair is easier to comb.
Mousses designed for curly hair can be used in two ways:
- Emphasizing curls. Products for wavy hair are suitable for creating elastic, flexible styling with curls on wavy and straight hair.
- Straightening curly hair. Mousses tame tough curls and allow you to straighten them with a brush and hairdryer.
Foam Wax Mousse
A product that combines the properties of foam, mousse and wax for styling. The goal is the same as that of traditional solid wax for styling – the creation of styling with the effect of wet locks.
The product has a light elastic consistency, traditional for mousse, and is sold in a bottle with a dispenser. Mousse wax gives styling a moist glossy shine and extra volume. He models and captures the graphic torn contours of avant-garde haircuts.
Caring mousse conditioners
The products combine the properties of styling mousses and hair care products. Unlike a caring balm or hair mask, the mousse conditioner does not wash off after application, but remains on the hair and acts as a styling cosmetics: it forms and fixes the hair.
The inscription “conditioner” on the bottle with styling mousse means that the manufacturer focuses on the nutritional components of the product: plant extracts and vitamins.
Common useful additives in the formula of mousses and their abilities:
- Vitamin B 5 activates hair growth.
- Vitamin B 3 neutralizes the effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Ceramides strengthen the structure of the hair, heal and restore damaged strands to life.
- Bamboo extract provides hydration and regulates the sebaceous glands. The substance slows down hair contamination.
- Citrus ingredients have an antibacterial effect.
Tinting Mousses for coloring
Toning mousses are suitable for correcting the tone of hair. They are designed for experiments within the next few shades of the palette and eliminate the risk of a radical change in hair color. Mousses are recommended for those who want to make adjustments to the hairstyle tone, make a fresh color accent, but are not ready for radical changes in the image.
The advantages of the mousse over the paint are a more delicate and gentle effect on the hair. Ammonia is not part of the product, so the mousse does less damage to the structure of the strands.
The lack of mousse is the weakness and fragility of the effect. In the absence of active chemical components, the effect of the product is superficial. He is not able to create a bright hairstyle color and is quickly washed away.
Mousse for hair with a tinting effect is available in 2 versions:
- Bottle with dispenser – identical in appearance and technique to styling mousse.
- Set for the preparation of paint based on mousse. By the configuration and the principle of use, such a tinting mousse is equivalent to a traditional hair dye. The package contains substances for mixing ingredients, gloves and a balm to soften hair after dyeing.
Problems Solved With Mousse
Shortcomings of hair – an obstacle to the desired hairstyle.
Mousses for styling and dyeing solve common hair problems:
|Problems with the structure and condition of the hair||Hair Color Problems|
|Lack of volume||The consequences of failed staining|
|Hair brushing||First gray hair|
|Strand dullness||Regrown hair roots|
|Increased oily hair||Bored shade of hairstyle|
|Dry and split ends|
|Damage to strands after hot styling|
How to choose a styling mousse
The choice of styling product depends on the purpose of its use and the degree of fixation of the hairstyle suitable for it.
What is suitable in a specific situation:
- Minimum fixation is suitable for basic laying.
- Medium fixation will ensure the stability of the hairstyle during the working day.
- Strong fixation is appropriate for complex styling.
Mousses for different types of hair
Cosmetics selected taking into account the structure and condition of the hair will improve their appearance, take care of the health of the strands and do no harm.
- Dry, thin and damaged hair will benefit from the use of volume and shine mousse. Mousse will provide nutrition and thickening of hair. Hair will gain splendor and shine.
- Hair prone to oily look neat thanks to the use of mousse conditioner. The antibacterial properties of the product will slow the contamination of the strands.
- Normal hair leaves room for product choice for styling, care an
The recommendation for owners of hair of any type is to remember a sense of proportion. A weak concentration of the active components of the mousse is not the basis for its uncontrolled use. Excess product threatens the development of allergies, scalp problems and an unaesthetic appearance of styling.
What to look for when buying
Hair mousse requires a careful approach to choosing a product in the store.
In addition to the brand, price and the promised effect, you need to pay attention to details:
- Packaging integrity. It is necessary to check the bottle for dents, cracks and defects of the dispenser.
- Structure. A good mousse does not contain alcohol, which dries hair. Arguments in favor of buying funds – the presence of vitamins and plant extracts.
- Availability of instructions. A worthy producer of cosmetics informs the buyer about the rules for the safe and effective use of mousse.
- Smell. The sharp unpleasant aroma of cosmetics for hair is a reason to refuse to purchase mousse. Its use threatens the development of migraine and will not bring positive emotions.
Instructions for use
Mousse for hair with any effect and degree of fixation has general requirements for use:
- Before applying styling products, wash your hair.
- Hair gets wet with a towel. The strands should remain moist, but without water flowing from them.
- Shake the bottle with the product and squeeze the mousse.
- The tool is distributed from the basal zone along the entire length of the strands. You cannot smear your scalp with mousse.
- Hair is laid with a hairdryer or dried without it.
- The finished hairstyle is laid with a brush.
- For reliable fixing of styling between hair styling and going outside, it is advisable to wait about 15 minutes.
Popular article of the site:
Fashionable women’s haircuts of the new season for medium hair. Photo
How to use to create bulk styling
The general algorithm of actions during styling does not change.
The special technology of applying the product and styling the hair will make your hair more magnificent:
- Wet hair needs to be divided into separate locks.
- The tool is applied in small portions to the root zone of each strand.
- Mousse is distributed along the entire length of the hairstyle.
- Hair dryer. At the same time, the head is lowered down, and the strands are raised by fingers or a comb during drying and styling.
Rating of the best brands: table of names and prices
Hair mousses are presented in a wide cost range and are produced by both domestic and foreign cosmetic brands. The table shows the most popular brands that produce mousses for styling and hair coloring. These products can be bought at most modern cosmetics stores and supermarkets. The approximate cost of production is indicated in American usd.
|The brand||Name of facility||Price|
|Kerastase||“Mousse Bouffante Volume Injection”||1600|
|L’oreal||“Tecni.Art Volume Lift”||700-800|
|Schwarzkopf||“Silhouette Mousse Flexible Hold”||900|
|Taft power||Cashmere Touch||200-220|
|Matrix Vavoom||“Height of Glam”||700-900|
|Syoss||“Curl Control Mousse”||370|
|TIGI Bed Head||Mousse cream “Foxy Curls”||1020|
|Schwarzkopf||Toning “Perfect Mousse”||400|
|Wellaton||Wellaton toning mousse||220|
Women’s reviews on the quality of products of different brands
Reviews of hair products allow you to evaluate the difference between mousses of different brands.
What is the difference between the means:
- The ability to fix the hairstyle. Strong, according to the manufacturers, mousses in the performance of different brands differ in fixing power.
- Volume effect. It can be both noticeable and weakly expressed. Owners of dense thick hair argue that the mousse was useless for them.
- The consistency of the product is from a reference elastic foam to a suspicious liquid. Moreover, the quality of the mousse texture does not depend on the price of the cosmetic product.
- Effect on the hair. Some mousses give strands softness, brilliance and obedience. Other products glue hair and enhance their electrification and fluffing.
- Product efficiency. It does not depend on the volume of the bottle and allows us to conclude that the benefits of the purchase are only in use.
Mousse Schwarzkopf Perfect: a palette of colors
This is a hair dye in the form of mousse.
The product packaging includes 3 components:
The palette of shades consists of 3 collections:
- Basic colors ranging from light to dark tones.
- Caramel is a collection of warm colors. It is designed for brunettes who want to lighten their hair.
- Nude – powdery shades. They are suitable for tinting hair and give the strands an interesting color accent.
The positive side of the paint-mousse is ease of use and an even result of hair coloring.
Cons – the result of staining does not match the shade stated on the package. The balm in the kit is not effective for softening strands.
Schwarzkopf Silhouette Mousse Flexible Hold
Another product of a well-known brand of hair products from Germany. Mousse promises elastic fixation and attractive splendor styling.
Customer reviews confirm the reliability of styling based on this mousse. The tool is used economically, does not weigh down and does not stick hair. The only disadvantage of the product is the high price.
Estel Professional Airex
The brand of professional hairdressing cosmetics offers mousses for everyday styling. Products are able to give thin hair the necessary volume. Buyers are attracted by the large bottle size and the economical use of mousse. Negative moments – it is possible to glue the hair and a weak effect of volume on the hair of a dense structure.
Mousses of the same name with a popular brand of products for styling are presented in a variety of degrees of fixation – from weak to super strong, which will retain the shape of the hairstyle for 2 days.
Customers note that Wellaflex mousses increase the volume of strands of any length and give them a healthy shine. Cons of the product – fragility of fixation and sticky consistency.
Read the popular heading:
Fashionable haircuts for medium hair, giving volume.
Syoss Ceramide-Keratin Complex
Mousse for styling the popular democratic brand of the mass market contains a set of reinforcing components.
The tool fixes the hair well and cares for the strands. Minus – in case of overdose, the product creates the illusion of unwashed hair.
Syoss curl control
Mousse made for curls. The product is economically consumed, creates a natural styling and neutralizes fluffing. Judging by the negative comments of customers, the mousse can increase the dryness of the strands and make it difficult to comb them.
Kerastase “Mousse Bouffante Volume Injection”
Mousse from an elite French brand of professional hair care and styling products. The product is comfortable to use, creates an air styling with a natural healthy shine. The downside is the high cost.
A brand of eco-friendly hair care products. Mousses care for strands and give them softness. The product is available in large bottles and has a pleasant smell. Among the shortcomings of the customer, the oily texture of the mousse and the shortness of the care effect are noted.
Toning mousse, sold complete with balsam and gloves.
The paint is presented in 20 shades for 4 groups of customers:
- Brown hair.
The advantages of Wellaton paint-mousse are high-quality shading of gray hair and beautiful color of strands. Balm softens hair well. Disadvantages – a “chemical” smell and an uncomfortable bottle.
Tecni.Art by L’Oreal
Mousse promises to give a noticeable volume to the hairstyle. The tool copes well with the stated task on thin hair. Mousse is pleasant to use due to its good smell and convenient dispenser. The disadvantage of the product is ineffective on dense hair.
Mousse is suitable for creating volumetric styling. The bottle is equipped with a thin dispenser for applying mousse to the root zone of the hair. The tool gives a natural volume and shine to the strands. Negative experience with use is associated with the effect of the electrification of hair and the pungent smell of mousse.
Mousse “Protection” from the brand “Prelest”
The product belongs to the line of professional styling products from a popular domestic brand.
Buyers like the reliability of fixation, the neat volumetric look of the hair and the affordable price of the mousse. The minus of the product is the bonding of strands.
Modern styling product for hair at an affordable price. The tool is suitable for creating easy styling.
Negative characteristics – poor fixation of any hairstyle, increased fluffiness of hair.
TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls
Creamy mousse for styling curly hair. thanks to which they look shiny and well-groomed.
Negative moment – an excessive amount gives oily hair.
Avon Techniques Mousse by Avon
The product has a pleasant smell and makes the strands soft and docile. Consumer dissatisfaction is caused by unreliable fixation and fluid consistency of the product.
The European brand of professional cosmetics produces styling products for care and styling. Users are satisfied with the economy of the mousse and a healthy appearance of hair. Negative moments are associated with exfoliation of the liquid in the mousse.
Mousse from the manufacturer “Taft”
The well-known German brand of styling products offers mousses for reliable fixation and splendor of hairstyles. Customer reviews confirm the effectiveness of the product. Cons of Taft mousses – gluing strands and white plaque on the hairstyle after drying with a hairdryer are possible.
How to cook mousse at home
Home-made hair mousse is an alternative to industrial cosmetics. The advantages of homemade mousse are its natural composition, cheapness and the effect of fixation and volume, comparable with similar properties of products of famous brands.
Ingredients: 5 raw chicken eggs.
- Squirrels are separated from the yolks. Yolks are not needed.
- The protein mass is cooled in the refrigerator.
- Cold squirrels are poured into a bowl for whipping.
- Proteins are driven in by a blender 3 times for 5 minutes. Between sessions of whipping, the protein mass is left alone for cooling.
- A sign of the readiness of the mousse is the density and elasticity of the foam. She must keep her shape.
For styling, the finished product needs to be rubbed in the palms of your hands and applied to wet hair at the base. You need to wait for 5 minutes to give the mousse a foothold. Then the strands are dried and stacked in the usual manner.
Mousse is a multifunctional hair care and styling product. He is able to improve the appearance of the hairstyle, fix the result of a successful styling and get rid of the natural flaws of the strands. Functions of care and protection make the mousse a worthy tool for regular hair care.
Hair Mousse Video
How to make “beach curls” styling using hair mousse: