According to statistics, vascular asterisks are present in 30-40% of people. This problem is not only aesthetic, but also medical. Their appearance indicates violations of the vascular system. Due to the efficiency and painlessness of the process, laser removal of spider veins on the face is one of the most popular procedures.
- What problems does laser removal of spider veins solve
- Indications for the procedure
- Contraindications to laser removal of spider veins
- Method Advantages
- Cons of the procedure
- Preparation for the procedure
- Laser removal steps
- How many treatments are needed for treatment
- Terms and features of rehabilitation
- Possible complications and consequences
- Types of laser devices for removing spider veins on the face
- Which laser is better
- Before and after photos
- Price table: the cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles and the
- Reviews of doctors about the effectiveness of laser treatment
- Laser technique video for removing spider veins on the face
What problems does laser removal of spider veins solve
An indication for removal is any degree of severity of spider veins on the face. People with sensitive skin type, prone to irritation on the face, are most often affected by blood microcirculation. Not always superficial cosmetic procedures can cope with this problem.
Laser removal procedure is recommended to eliminate small and medium damaged vessels.
Using laser radiation, you can deal with the following problems:
- point defects;
- pronounced capillary networks.
In some cases, such a procedure may be prescribed to children. When vascular asterisks appear on the face of a child, itching and burning can begin, so it will not be possible to ignore the problem.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
Indications for the procedure
Not so long ago, only cosmetologists dealt with the issue of removing spider veins on the face. Therapeutic measures were aimed at restoring a pleasant aesthetic appearance.
However, the loss by vessels of their elasticity can be caused by various factors:
- hormonal disruptions;
- diseases of the internal organs;
- disturbance of blood circulation processes.
That is why the solution to this problem must be approached comprehensively.
Indications for laser therapy are:
- Persistent vasodilation.
- The appearance of vascular pattern.
- Progressive rosacea, in which there is no vascular contractility.
- The formation of inflammatory processes. Rosacea is the most common type of inflammatory disease in which rosacea and small vessels in the upper layer of the skin appear.
With the ineffectiveness of alternative cosmetic procedures and in the late stages of development of rosacea, the removal of spider veins on the face with a laser is indicated.
Contraindications to laser removal of spider veins
The laser exposure method is not aggressive to the skin.
However, like any procedure, it has a number of contraindications:
- the presence of chronic diseases;
- oncological diseases;
- predisposition to the occurrence of keloid scars;
- taking medications that increase the sensitivity of the skin.
In addition to the above contraindications, there are relative ones that are temporary in nature. After their completion, laser removal can be performed.
- breastfeeding, pregnancy;
- fresh tan;
- acute viral diseases.
In order to avoid excessive influence of ultraviolet rays, it is recommended to carry out the procedure in winter, early spring or late autumn.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
The use of non-invasive methods of eliminating spider veins on the face, which include massages and cosmetic procedures, do not always bring a positive effect.
The following advantages of the laser removal method can be distinguished:
- thanks to a thin laser beam, only damaged vessels are exposed;
- the procedure is painless, so there is no need to use anesthesia;
- cicatricial changes and burns will not appear;
- the procedure does not take a long time. In the initial stages of the appearance of spider veins, one procedure may be sufficient. The removal process itself takes no more than half an hour;
- side effects are practically absent;
- the appearance of puffiness and erosion is excluded;
- the effectiveness of laser exposure. Changes will definitely be visible after the first procedure.
In some clinics, there is a special laser equipment that will be useful for people with dark skin color or for lovers of tanning – the procedure can be carried out in the summer.
Cons of the procedure
Removal of spider veins on the face and finding an even beautiful skin color in most cases allows you to forget about the disadvantages of laser therapy.
The disadvantages of removing damaged vessels with a laser include:
- in the treatment of large vessels, several procedures may be required;
- strong peeling of the skin may occur in the treated area;
- if a full course of procedures is necessary, financial expenses will naturally be increased;
- after the procedure, redness of the epidermis may persist, which disappears on its own for several hours.
These disadvantages of laser exposure are the subjective opinion of each person and do not apply to all patients.
Preparation for the procedure
For effective removal of vascular asterisks on the face with a laser, the skin must be prepared.
For this, it is not recommended 2 weeks before the procedure:
- specially sunbathe in the sun and refrain from visiting the solarium;
- conduct aggressive procedures with skin in the form of chemical peels;
- take tetracycline antibiotics.
In addition, 3 days before the procedure, you should refuse:
- from visiting the sauna and bath;
- wipe the skin of the face with alcohol-containing agents;
- exclude the use of alcohol.
If the recommendations are not followed, the risk of complications increases, and the length of the rehabilitation period will increase.
Laser removal steps
Laser therapy involves exposure to hemoglobin cells, the content of which in the dilated vessels is increased. At the same time, the enclosing integuments remain intact and are not affected. Blood cell heating is achieved by laser waves of a certain length. The walls of the dilated vessel stick together and within 3-4 weeks the treated vessel will resolve.
The procedure for laser removal has a certain sequence:
- If necessary, anesthetics are performed.
- The doctor and patient wear safety glasses, as direct flashes of the laser will cause bright flashe
- To protect against burns, various cooling methods are used: applying special sprays, installing saprophytic glass.
- Starting with the thin part, the damaged vessel is heated with a laser. When a lilac hue or clot appears, the effect is stopped. This means that the vessel is already sealed.
The laser beam power range is selected individually from 0.8 to 1.2 W, the exposure time is 0.2 sec. In the presence of a large number of spider veins, the course is carried out in several stages. In the first stages, the largest vessels are removed, in the subsequent – medium and small.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
How many treatments are needed for treatment
Spider veins can be removed on the face in 2 minutes due to the high power of the equipment.
The duration of laser exposure and the total number of procedures depends on the condition of the skin and the size of the damaged vessels:
- to remove point and small spider veins need 1-2 procedures.
- Extensive nets are removed in about 5 sessions, which are held intermittently.
Small vessels will disappear instantly. The depth and size of the spider veins will fully determine the required number of sessions: the deeper they are located, the harder it is to affect them. Discomfort in this case will be more noticeable.
Terms and features of rehabilitation
Laser removal of spider veins on the face implies the implementation of certain rehabilitation measures after the procedure.
To successfully fix face cleansing, it is recommended:
- Limit your time in the sun.
- Lubricate treatment sites with special agents: Bepanten or Panthenol. They will have a restorative effect and will promote rapid healing.
- Do not go to baths and saunas for 2-3 weeks.
- Apply antibacterial ointments to the laser exposure sites.
- The number of water procedures during the first 2-3 days should be limited.
- Temporarily refrain from carrying out cosmetic procedures for 2-3 weeks.
In rare cases, after laser therapy, crusts or dark swelling may appear. This condition will pass on its own within 2 weeks, you can not tear off such crusts.
Possible complications and consequences
The likelihood of any complications is minimal. However, in cases of non-compliance with recommendations during the rehabilitation period, low qualification of the doctor or individual laser intolerance, some complications may arise.
They may be as follows:
- Swelling . High-temperature laser exposure to the skin can lead to minor edema. In this case, you should not be scared, you can fight this consequence yourself. To do this, it is recommended to drink an antihistamine and apply cold to the problem area. In order not to stiffen the facial nerves, a cooled compress is applied for 15-20 seconds.
- Hematomas. When processing large vessels, small bruises on the face may remain. To eliminate them, it is also worthwhile applying cold to the place of bruising, using heparin ointment.
- Dill crust. Within 3-4 days, such a crust will fall off on its own. In no case is it recommended to remove it or usd it, this can lead to the formation of scars. To speed up the process, you must use an antiseptic, Bepanten or Panthenol.
- Increase in body temperature to 37.2-37. 41°F. This may be an individual body reaction to the procedure.
- A very rare complication is loss of skin sensitivity . This phenomenon disappears on its own within 1-2 months.
The patient can cope with most complications on his own, but in the case of a protracted recovery process, a doctor’s consultation is recommended.
Types of laser devices for removing spider veins on the face
Laser removal of spider veins on the face with a laser is performed by various types of laser equipment.
To eliminate various pathologies, the following types are used:
- Neodymium laser. This installation is very effective and is able to remove any type of education. It has a powerful cooling system, so that the skin is completely protected from overheating. Of all known lasers, it is neodymium that removes blood vessels in the least number of procedures.
- Diode laser. Most often used to remove blue vessels, the laser copes with red spider veins with great difficulty.
- American photosystem. This device shows good results and is able to eliminate even complex problems in the form of rosacea and wine stains.
- Quantum It is used in many professional clinics, because with it, the procedures are painless, and the rehabilitation period is quite short.
Each of the devices has interchangeable nozzles, thanks to which specialists can choose the depth of laser beam penetration necessary for different patients. The same principle is used to select the intensity of exposure, which can be adjusted.
Which laser is better
Which device should be preferred – the choice of each person, which must be taken together with a specialist after consultation. The choice of the laser will depend on the depth of the damaged vessels, the size of the nets and stars, their color.
The most popular is a neodymium laser , because it fights against any damage to blood vessels, regardless of their size. The choice of laser may also be affected by the need for additional correction of cosmetic defects in the affected area.
Before and after photos
Laser removal of spider veins on the face with a laser is a fairly effective non-surgical technique that has gained popularity due to its painlessness and quick ability to solve the problem.
Price table: the cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles and the
The price will depend entirely on the degree of problem in the patient. The size of the spider veins on the face will determine the necessary time for exposure to the laser and the number of flashes required. When choosing a prestigious cl
inic or specialist with a high reputation, costs can increase significantly.
Average prices in New York, Los Angeles and for the laser removal procedure:
|New York ( 0’8 x 0’8 inch mesh)|
|Minimum price||Maximum price|
|$ 15.||$ 75.|
|Los Angeles (nets up to 1 cm2)|
|By ( 0’8 x 0’8 inch mesh)|
|From 450 (in city clinics)||Up to 4500 in specialized clinics|
The procedure is relatively affordable and does not require huge financial costs.
Reviews of doctors about the effectiveness of laser treatment
Among doctors, there are quite a few different, often radically opposite opinions, regarding the removal of spider veins by laser. Some have a negative opinion about the procedure. The presence of pigmentation, the appearance of edema and redness are problems that a fairly large number of patients encounter.
During the rehabilitation period, many of them complain about the inability to visit crowded places, to go to work. Maybe you should think about other ways to solve the problem. Other doctors have a completely different opinion. It is necessary to solve the problem of spider veins by effective progressive methods.
The use of a laser makes the procedure quick and painless , and the consequences in the form of redness and swelling can be hidden from prying eyes if laser therapy is planned for the duration of the vacation. Spider veins on the face can lead to insecurity and complexes.
This problem is not only in the aesthetics of the appearance, but can also contribute to the appearance of health problems. Laser removal of damaged vessels is an effective technique to combat this problem.
Laser technique video for removing spider veins on the face
How is this procedure carried out:
What lasers are used, when to wait for the result: