The basis of isometric exercises isometrics. This is the name of the system of static exercises, the purpose of which is to develop strength and strengthen the articular apparatus.
- What is isometric exercises
- How to exercise and safety
- Necessary equipment
- Methodology of Alexander Zass
- Bruce Lee Technique
- Volitional gymnastics Anokhin
- Isometric gymnastics Borschenko
- Training complex for various parts of the body
- To strengthen the buttocks and legs
- To strengthen the press
- For the back
- For breast
- For the neck muscles
- Exercise with a belt Alexander Zass
- How to build an isometric workout
- Isometric Exercise Video
What is isometric exercises
Isometric exercises are the foundation of strength training. The term “isometrics” lends itself to translation from Greek, which can be interpreted as “constant distance.” In the process of isometric exercises, the athlete’s physical efforts are aimed at power tension, while the muscles do not change their length, and the joints do not change the bend angle.
When completing the task due to the fact that the muscles do not have the usual dynamic contractions, the main burden falls on the tendons. The process leads to a gradual build-up of physical strength, as well as an increase in the body’s ability to create increased effort over a short period of time.
Different phrases are used to indicate isometric exercises:
- Samson gymnastics, Zassa;
- tendon gymnastics;
- static exercises;
Isometric exercises are different from dynamic training:
|Develop maximum strength||Contribute to the development of opportunities for jerk|
|Strength development for static poses||The development of strength in the range of motion|
|Helps strengthen tendons||Activate muscle building|
There are several benefits of isometric exercises that relate to time spent. Experts characterize isometric training as a means of achieving their goals in a short time.
Regular workouts take a lot of time, between the main approaches it takes rest to restore strength. Isometry has the main advantage: the time period devoted to statics fully utilizes the muscles throughout the entire working time.
In addition, there are advantages of isometry strength training:
- Availability . For isometric exercises do not choose special rooms. You need a room where there will be enough space for stretching the body, as well as basic things, such as towels, belts or tows, support.
- An opportunity to train daily . To recover from isometric exercises, long breaks are not required. Classes are held regularly, daily, several times a day.
- The ability to increase strength indicators in a short time with the right approach to performing exercises.
Among the disadvantages of isometric exercises, there are several points:
- They do not recommend starting to do isometry on their own. At the initial stage, you need to be accompanied by a coach.
- When performing exercises, special attention is paid to proper breathing.
- To achieve maximum results, isometry is always accompanied by dynamics.
- Isometric exercises are not aimed at improving coordination abilities.
- Long isometric exercises contribute to muscle shortening.
Exercises do not perform if there are contraindications. Fixing isometric poses, training tendon muscles significantly increases blood pressure.
Therefore, isometry is contraindicated:
- with hypertension;
- with hypotension;
- the presence of diseases associated with a violation of the structure of the vessels of the brain, blood flow, heart problems.
How to exercise and safety
Strength training, built on the basis of isometry, has characteristic features. When conducting classes, special attention is paid to safety. Power load on the muscles and tendons with improper implementation of the methods can provoke painful injuries.
Before you start training, experts recommend that you study the basic safety rules:
- daily carry out from 10 to 20 exercises, no more;
- when fixing the posture, breathing is not delayed, the muscles are strained only by inspiration;
- when performing exercises on certain muscles, they strain the whole body;
- certain types of exercises last no more than 6 seconds; between them make a minimum break of 30 seconds;
- increase and decrease in muscle load is smooth, without jerking;
- with the appearance of headaches, sharp pains in the joints and tendons, classes are stopped.
To perform isometric exercises, a support is necessary, which can serve as walls, chairs, window sills. For stretching use belts, ropes or towels.
Immediately before training, it is recommended to perform a set of exercises that promote muscle stretching. This helps to warm up and sets the muscles for further work.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Methodology of Alexander Zass
Alexander Zass was the founder of static exercises in the XX century. on American territory. The complex, developed with its help, is based on yoga exercises, as well as the techniques of Chinese martial art. Alexander Zass was called Samson or Iron Samson, he was awarded the title of “The Strongest Man on Earth.”
At the same time, his body weight was only 165 pounds, but in the circus arena, where he worked, he could raise 2 adult lions on a special rocker.
Zass attached great importance to isometric exercises in his own training, he believed that isometrics can save not only time but also energy. The methodology of Alexander Zass is based on training with chains or belts. In this way, Samson increased his own abilities, which he then demonstrated in the circus arena.
Bruce Lee Technique
Sports experts believe that for his daily workouts, Bruce Lee took isometric exercises based on the technique of Alexander Zass as a basis. In additio
n, he used the basic rules of bodybuilding. As a result, the Bruce Lee system was formed, it includes isometric exercises that are available even to inexperienced athletes.
Bruce Lee daily performed one exercise from the list, supplementing it with other workouts according to his own technique, while he believed that when performing static exercises, several basic rules must be observed.
- he did the exercises in the early morning;
- thoroughly ventilated the room before training;
- after gymnastics, he considered compulsory to take a contrast shower.
- They stand up straight, stretch their arms up across the width of their shoulders.
- The crossbar is set a few inch below the outstretched arms, grasping the crossbar.
- Then they press on it with a maximum force of about 6 to 10 seconds.
- The crossbar is installed above the shoulders, then gradually rise on the toes.
- In this case, the shoulders create pressure with maximum force on the crossbar for 6 to 12 seconds.
- Set the crossbar at such a level that you can lean on it with your shoulders in the squat position.
- Squat and create pressure on the crossbar for 6 to 10 seconds.
Volitional gymnastics Anokhin
By the beginning of the 20th century The system of physical exercises of the American athlete, Dr. Anokhin, which was called volitional gymnastics, became popular. To perform these exercises do not require special equipment or facilities. Anokhin volitional gymnastics is often called room gymnastics.
In drawing up the methodology, the doctor was guided by the principle that it is impossible to come up with new movements for the body, you can only vary the principles of their execution. The absence of weights (dumbbells or weights) was not an obstacle in order to strain the corresponding muscles.
Anokhin formulated 8 principles for those wishing to familiarize themselves with the methodology:
- all attention should be focused on the muscle being trained or muscle group;
- increase in load, mastering a new exercise should be slow;
- when performing the exercise, it is necessary to monitor the sequence of breathing;
- exercise must be performed in front of the mirror;
- After training, you need a contrast shower and thoroughly rubbing the body with a rough towel.
In addition, Anokhin recommended a restrictive diet. Food, in his opinion, should be varied, but simple.
The main exercise:
- Hands spread apart, clench a fist, palms turn upward, straining biceps.
- Bend their arms at the elbows, while simulating the attraction of a large load.
- Then they begin to extend their arms as if they want to push away the load.
- When the arms are bent, inhale, when extended, exhale.
- Legs are set shoulder width apart, raise hands forward, clench a fist. At the same time, they strain the back muscles.
- Arms are spread, then they begin to bring them together, as if they are squeezing a large box at chest level.
- When breeding hands, take a breath, while mixing exhale.
- They lie on their backs, maintain complete immobility of the body, but at the same time quickly raise and lower their legs.
- The lifting angle should be 50.
Isometric gymnastics Borschenko
Dr. Borschenko created a special complex of isometric gymnastics, the purpose of which is to combat back diseases, characterized by dystrophy and muscle degeneration. The technique is used to treat the spine and musculoskeletal system. Borschenko’s methods are focused on the lumbar spine.
The advantage of the system is security and availability. Gymnastics is suitable for people with different backgrounds and backgrounds. Gymnastics is effective as a preventative measure or concomitant comprehensive measure in the treatment of back diseases. Its goal is to increase the endurance of the corset of the back muscles.
When performing gymnastics, Borschenko is recommended to adhere to the main recommendations:
- the sequence of exercises does not matter;
- stretching is required before classes;
- in order to perform the exercises correctly and increase efficiency, it is important to observe the system; training should be regular.
Despite the fact that gymnastics is available to most people of varying degrees of physical fitness and age, it is necessary to consult with your doctor before starting it.
Training complex for various parts of the body
Isometric exercises in different methods are designed for special muscle groups. According to the observations of practitioners, the founders of theories in strength training, it is important to observe the sequence of muscle tension or muscle groups.
To strengthen the buttocks and legs
A whole range of statics exercises has been developed, which helps to work out these muscle groups. They recommend conducting classes in sneakers that are slip resistant.
Stand with side outlet. This effort helps strengthen the muscles of the hips and buttocks, as well as the inner surface of the thigh.
- A half-squat on one leg is made from a classic rack.
- Take the second leg to the side, while pulling the sock towards you.
- The legs allotted in the side semi-squat remain static for 5-10 seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the lunge with the other leg.
Tilt stand . The force holds the pose for 5-10 seconds.
- From a classic rack with legs spread out across the width of the shoulders, they tilt forward at a right angle to the floor surface.
- Hands should continue a straight line of the body, that is, be stretched forward.
- In this position they freeze, tensing the muscles, then return to their original position.
Squats Static exercises with squats strengthen muscles of buttocks well.
- From the classic rack, they squat deeply until the thighs are completely parallel to the floor surface.
- In this case, the feet should be widely spaced, the heels should look at each other.
- Squat is carried out on toes with maximally raised heels.
Based on the wall. One of the most popular stati
c exercises to strengthen all parts of the thigh and gluteal muscles.
- To perform, they lean against the wall, legs are placed shoulder width parallel to each other.
- Then they begin to crouch, not looking up from the wall.
- Squat until you reach a right angle in your knees, freeze for 5 seconds, then slowly straighten. Hands in this position can be extended forward or slide along the wall.
To strengthen the press
The abdominals are usually strengthened from a prone position. In order to conduct training use a hard mat.
- They lie on their backs, their hands are lowered along the body.
- The legs are lifted 3’9 – 7’9 inch from the floor surface, then they begin to bend and unbend them alternately without touching the heels of the floor. The breathing should be uniform, not knocked down.
- Exercise is performed with effort, tensing the abdominal muscles.
The bar is one of the most popular exercises with which it works out different muscle groups.
- From the position, resting on the elbows or hands, they lift the body so that it is parallel to the floor surface.
- In this position remain for 10-20 seconds.
Each time, the exercise time is increased. Shoulders should be located exactly above the level of the elbows, legs straightened, be in a state of tension.
After mastering the simplest way to execute the plank, they proceed to the execution of the plank with complication:
- raise one hand;
- raises one leg;
- raise arm and leg at the same time;
- stretched out on its side.
For the back
One of the typical mistakes when performing an exercise on muscle development is the emphasis on pumping up the abdominal muscles and completely ignoring the muscles of the spinal cord.
- From a standing position, raise the leg at an angle of 90.
- Then they rotate with one foot in one direction, with the other foot in the other direction.
Compliance with safety precautions, a carefully planned training schedule for static training will not only increase muscle mass or strength indicators, but also strengthen the body and improve body reliefs.
Change of hands:
- In the standing position on all fours, resting on the knees and outstretched arms, they raise their hands behind their backs in turn.
- The hand is held on the lower back for about 5 seconds, then returned to its original position.
The pectoral muscles are difficult to study. Professional athletes often include exercises to work out the muscles of the chest press in daily exercises.
- From the position of the classical stance, the arms are pulled forward, while tensing the pectoral muscle as if a big burden were pressing on the chest.
- Hold tension for 15 seconds, then relax the muscles.
- The exercise is repeated several times. To perform static exercises, interior items are suitable.
- In the sitting position at the table, they take on the opposite edges of the table.
- Lean forward in an attempt to bring their hands together.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
For the neck muscles
The cervical spine is important for the spine.
Training to strengthen the neck helps strengthen the subsequent spine:
- Sit down on a chair.
- A book is placed on his head, then he swings it back and forth a little.
It is important to maintain balance, to ensure that the book does not fall. This exercise trains the muscles of the cervical spine, increases their endurance.
- The palm is placed on the back of the head, then tilts its head back to look up.
- In this case, the palm exert strong resistance, hold the voltage for 10-15 seconds.
Such exercises can be modified depending on preferences:
- Place the palm on the forehead, tilt the head down.
- The palm is resisted, held for no more than 10 seconds.
Exercise with a belt Alexander Zass
Initially, the exercises of Alexander Zass were carried out using a chain. But over time, the author, as well as his followers, changed chains to belts.
- Hands are pulled over the head, they hold a chain. For several seconds, they make an effort to stretch the chain with hands in different directions, while loading the broad back muscles, chest muscles, and main triceps.
- The chain is thrown behind the back, clenched in clenched fists. Hands are stretched in different directions. The main tension falls on the pectoral muscles.
- One end of the chain is fixed on the foot, the second end is squeezed in the palm of your hand. The tension is concentrated in the biceps of the shoulder and the latissimus dorsi muscles, the effort is necessary to break the chain.
How to build an isometric workout
Isometric exercises are built in accordance with the basic rules and safety precautions.
Attention is paid not only to the choice of a training session, but also to related factors:
- Training is carried out in the morning, when the muscles begin to awaken after a night’s rest.
- Before you begin the static exercises, do stretching. Consistently stretch the muscles of the back, legs, arms.
- For classes choose a muscle group for study.
- When fixing poses take into account the maximum and minimum duration of the exercise.
- Take a break between exercises.
After a workout, a contrast shower becomes a good relaxation for the muscles. After training, it is recommended to follow a diet, to replenish the fluid balance in the body.
People with varying degrees of training can use isometric exercises. For those who are engaged in bodybuilding, static poses with muscle tension are a way to increase strength. For non-professional athletes, isometrics can be a way to strengthen different muscle groups and improve body relief.
Isometric Exercise Video
A set of isometric (tendon) exercises: