To maintain women’s health and beauty, it is important to take vitamins. The rating of the best of them will help determine the choice of the optimal complex for a certain age. Each preparation takes into account age-related characteristics, the level of physical activity, the antagonism of vitamins, their mutual complement and the characteristics of assimilation.
- Vitamins Needed for a Woman
- Signs of Vitamin Deficiency
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- B vitamins
- Other vitamins
- Indications for the intake of vitamin complexes
- Rating of the best vitamins by age
- Vitamins after childbirth
- Complivite Mom
- Vitrum Prenatal
- Universal Vitamins
- Duovit For Women
- ArtLife Formula Women
- Doppelherz Asset
- Vitamins after 30-35 years
- Lady’s formula Woman 30 Plus
- Evalar Laura
- Vitamins after 40 – 45 years
- Evalar QI-CLIM
- Complivit Calcium D3
- Vitamins after 50 years
- Alphabet 50+
- Vitrum Centuri
- Reviews and advice from doctors on choosing vitamins
- Video on the topic: a ranking of the best vitamins for women
Vitamins Needed for a Woman
Women need different combinations and dosages of vitamins depending on age. There are universal vitamins responsible for metabolism, strong immunity and healthy vessels, for example, ascorbic acid, a complex of B vitamins and others.
Vitamin C must flow uninterruptedly throughout life because it does not accumulate and is not synthesized by the body. Only the dosages are different: from 40 mg in early childhood to 100 in old age, and doses of 200-250 mg are recommended for athletes. But women need certain vitamins to a greater or lesser extent, depending on age.
So, in youth, the most important vitamins:
- D, providing the growth of the skeleton and teeth,
- B, responsible for the adolescent’s stable nervous system,
- A and H, helping to clean the skin.
When the body is formed, setting up a stable hormonal system is relevant.
The following vitamins solve this problem:
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E), which enables the ovaries to function smoothly and maintains tissue elasticity.
- Hematopoietic and involved in the synthesis of collagen vitamin PP.
- Pyridoxine (B6), smoothing the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- Folic acid, which helps the nervous system.
During pregnancy, the need for vitamin complexes increases due to the active growth of the fetus and the double burden on the heart, kidneys, tissues and the musculoskeletal system of the mother.
During this period, higher dosages of vitamins are needed. The need for folic acid (B9) for the development of the child’s nervous system increases 2 times. Approximately one third more vitamins B6 and B12 are required, but vitamin A excess must be strictly monitored, this is dangerous for the child. Vitamin K will help the absorption of calcium and vitamin D.
During pregnancy, it is the balance of vitamins and strict adherence to the prescribed dosages, which may vary depending on the trimester.
During the premenopausal period, when the level of sex hormones gradually decreases, the need for vitamin E increases again. It will support fading ovaries and prolong youthful skin. Retinol – a well-known antioxidant – can also delay cell aging, and B6 and B1 will help to cope with mood swings and increase stress resistance.
Due to the risk of osteoporosis, vitamin D is again becoming one of the most important, helping calcium absorption. And a decrease in estrogen production leads to a decrease in the protection of the heart and blood vessels, vitamin B6 will take on part of this function.
Vitamins for women (the rating of the best complexes is made taking into account the age-related needs of the body) are necessary in old age. They are designed to slow down the processes of extinction of functions, to support the heart and blood vessels in a healthy state, to restrain the gain of excess weight.
The latter is solved with the help of inositol (vitamin B8), which also protects against atherosclerosis. Complexes for women over 70 years old must necessarily include lipoic acid, which accelerates metabolism and protects eyesight, as well as vitamin K, additionally mineralizing the skeleton.
Signs of Vitamin Deficiency
In case of a lack of vitamins, the body signals this in various ways, starting with a deterioration in the appearance of the skin, hair, nails, and ending with the development of diseases.
Vitamin deficiency is subnormal when deficiency symptoms are poorly expressed. Further, as symptoms intensify, hypovitaminosis and vitamin deficiency are secreted. The lack of each vitamin has its own specific manifestations.
Retinol deficiency is indicated by:
- blackheads on the face;
- flaky skin;
- dull hair;
- vaginal dryness;
- worsening discrimination of objects at dusk;
- frequent infections.
Vitamin E deficiency is manifested by the following symptoms:
- repeated miscarriages or problems with conception;
- low muscle tone;
- sensation of “goosebumps” throughout the body;
- peeling of the skin;
- early appearance of senile spots on the back of the hands.
The low content of fat-soluble vitamins K, responsible for blood coagulation, can lead to bleeding and cause bruising and hemorrhage.
The complex of symptoms with a lack of B vitamins:
- fatigue and nervousness;
- hemoglobin decrease;
- poor sleep and appetite;
- non-healing sores in the corners of the mouth and stomatitis;
- peeling skin.
There are quite a lot of B vitamins, there are both general symptoms of their deficiency and specific symptoms. For example, with a lack of nicotinic acid (niacin, vitamin B3 or PP), pellagra can occur – a disease characterized by peeling and darkening of the skin, the death of its individual areas, diarrhea.
An acute and prolonged deficiency of vitamins with a simultaneous overabundance of starchy food leads to serious damage to the nervous system , up to the development of schizophrenia, acute psychosis, dementia.
- Frequent infections, vulnerable gums, nosebleeds – this is caused by a lack of ascorbic acid. The extreme manifestation of deficiency is scurvy;
- A small amount of vitamin D can be manifested by convulsions and cramps in the legs, disturbances in the endocrine system. In the case of its long-term deficiency, calcium absorption is reduced, which threatens rickets or osteoporosis.
Vitamins for women (the ranking of the best drugs is given later in the article) take into account th
e factor of a possible deficiency of one or more components. Therefore, when choosing a complex of vitamins, you should think about what is especially not enough.
The population of our country most often has a significant deficiency of vitamins C, B1, B6, B2, B9 and a large group of carotenoids.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Indications for the intake of vitamin complexes
If a person eats fresh food from the garden every day, is moderately active, has no bad habits, is healthy and not nervous, synthetic vitamins may be superfluous.
But there are conditions when it is necessary to accept them:
- Hypo – and vitamin deficiency . They are treated exclusively with the introduction of vitamin-mineral complexes or increased doses of individual components.
- Weakened health after prolonged illnesses, operations, pregnancy, the period of breastfeeding or active growth.
- Chronic alcoholism, smoking .
- Winter-spring season. Long-term storage of fruits and vegetables reduces the content of vitamins, especially water-soluble ones. Processing products with chemicals to extend shelf life also does not add to their benefits.
- Unbalanced nutrition, both in terms of food quantity and its qualitative composition.
- Cleaning and heat treatment of products . Everyone who eats insufficient raw vegetables and fruits, and prefers exclusively cooked food, is recommended to periodically take complexes of vitamins and minerals. In temperature-treated fresh foods, the vitamin content is reduced from 25 to 100% depending on the duration of exposure. Drying, canning, freezing, smoking and even peeling also reduce the benefits of the products.
- High energy costs . Sports, work, emotional stress can lead to a shortage of a vitamin.
- Living in harsh climatic zones or environmentally unfavorable conditions;
In addition, there are many different diseases in which an increase in vitamin intake is necessary, including:
- bowel problems in which absorption is impaired,
- pancreas diseases
- problems with a liver that synthesizes a number of vitamins,
- diseases of the urinary system
- parasites in the intestines,
- systemic problems with metabolism and much more.
Vitamins for women (the rating of the best of them is made taking into account contraindications) may not always be useful. This applies both to excess dosage and the prohibition of certain components due to various diseases.
Vitamin E up to 14 years of age should not be taken.
You should consult about the dosage with the therapist during pregnancy and the following diseases:
- cirrhosis of the liver;
It is necessary to strictly control the dosage of many B vitamins due to the threat of intoxication and fatty liver. Uncontrolled intake can result in complications in the work of the heart, anemia, thrombosis and other serious diseases.
Vitamin D is contraindicated in:
- kidney problems;
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
- heart failure.
Since it is easy to overdose and thereby cause complications in the form of disruption of the intestines, nausea and vomiting, high blood pressure and other troubles up to mental changes, an additional intake of this vitamin is possible only under medical supervision.
Vitamin A can be poisoned, so the dosage is important. This is especially true for pregnant women because of its pronounced teratogenic effect. Contraindications to use are active allergic reactions and hypothyroidism, as well as any tumors, especially lung cancer in smokers.
Older women with signs of osteoporosis should avoid supplementation with vitamin A because it makes bones more fragile.
You need to be careful with vitamin C in cases of the following diseases:
- kidney stone disease.
An overdose will lead to allergies or diarrhea, making the vessels more permeable. With tumor processes, a doctor’s consultation is required, as some vitamins can stimulate the growth of tumors.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Rating of the best vitamins by age
Vitamins for women (the ranking of the best of them is presented in the table) are selected depending on the age period. In youth, with good nutrition, you can take only certain vitamins that help maintain health and beauty, and at a more mature age, it is better to choose a complex drug.
|Woman age||Vitamins||approximate cost|
|Up to 30 – 35 years old||
||From $ 0,05 – $ 3,9.
From $ 0,45 – $ 8,2.
From $ 7 – $ 22. average
From $ 0,49 – $ 8,8.
From $ 0,58. (as part of Ascorutin) up to $ 8,46.
|35 – 45 years old||
||From $ 3 – $ 5.
$ 5 – $ 7.
|45 – 55 years old||
|| $ 4,76
|55 and older||
|| $ 4,08
The drug rating provides information on the best vitamins for women, making up for the lack of essential elements in food.
Vitamins after childbirth
During this period, vitamins are necessary for several reasons:
- for recovery after pregnancy and childbirth, especially complicated or cesarean section,
- to compensate for the body’s costs for breastfeeding (after all, not all products can be eaten because of the baby’s reaction),
- to maintain energy on sleepless nights
- to smooth out possible postpartum depression.
The best vitamins for women after childbirth:
It is prescribed for those who are allergic to vitamins A and D, so there are not many of them. There are 9 vitamins in the preparation. By production their compatibility with each other is considered. Trace elements are absent, if necessary, are taken additionally. Can be used during pregnancy.
The drug supports the mother’s body during and after pregnancy. Protects the immune system, helps stabilize the hormonal background.
In the composition of 11 vitamins, as well as iron, calcium and zinc. If necessary, iodine is taken separately.
Vitamin-mineral complexes for women contain the basic necessary vitamins: A, C, B, E groups and others. They also include the components necessary for the synthesis of sex hormones and collagen – an essential element for the beauty of hair, skin, nails.
Duovit For Women
Helps fight premature aging, supports female beauty, and reduces the risk of diseases such as anemia and osteoporosis. Contains 12 vitamins and 5 minerals.
ArtLife Formula Women
The composition of the drug includes plant phytoestrogens that maintain the balance of sex hormones. They eliminate discomfort during the period of menstruation, regulate the cycle.
Mineral salts in the composition of the drug protect against osteoporosis. A method for the production of a multilayer tablet provides for the gradual release of beneficial substances as they move along the digestive tract.
The complex of vitamins and microelements was created for active people experiencing increased physical, emotional and mental stress. Contains 11 vitamins and 10 minerals, which fully covers the daily needs of an adult working person.
Vitamins after 30-35 years
During this period, a woman actively works, often has a family, spends a lot of effort on preserving youth and beauty. This requires a significant expenditure of energy and good health.
Also after 35 years, reproductive function begins to fade. Vitamins in this period are designed to maintain a woman’s energy supply, delay the signs of aging and provide the hormonal system with all the necessary components.
Lady’s formula Woman 30 Plus
The complex stimulates the production of its own hormones, but does not supply them from the outside. Thanks to this, youth, beauty lasts longer and the fight against hormone-dependent diseases is facilitated. In addition, the drug helps to control the weight and condition of the skin.
Vitamins tighten bones, support the beauty of hair, and also contribute to the normal functioning of the heart and blood vessels by controlling cholesterol. Phytoestrogens, hyaluronic acid and beauty vitamins A, E and C make the skin supple.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Vitamins after 40 – 45 years
The age before menopause or at the very beginning of this process is characterized by a restructuring of the hormonal system of a woman. There is an increasing need to support beauty preservation efforts with additional drugs.
A decrease in the level of female sex hormones makes the heart, blood vessels and nervous system more vulnerable, and, therefore, in need of additional control.
Effective in the prevention of manifestations of menopause, normalizes mood, general body tone, improves performance. Thanks to stimulation by phytoestrogens it helps to prolong the youth of the
skin, improves the appearance of hair.
Complivit Calcium D3
The drug, enhanced by phosphorus and calcium, regulates mineral metabolism, makes bone and dental tissues stronger. The absorption of calcium is actively supported by vitamin D in the complex.
Vitamins after 50 years
At this age, women especially need vitamin and mineral support, because menopause shows deterioration in health, energy and strength, becomes noticeably less, the nervous system is vulnerable, and immunity is weakened.
11 vitamins in its composition make a woman’s daily diet complete, help cope with ailments, improve metabolism and increase vitality.
Helps maintain an active lifestyle in old age. Since the drug was created taking into account the mutual compatibility of different vitamins, you should take daily not one, but 3 tablets of different colors according to a certain scheme.
The composition of the complex is rich: 13 different vitamins, 9 minerals and carotenoids. Moreover, their dosage takes into account the increased needs of older women.
Very rich composition – over 40 kinds of vitamins and minerals. The complex helps to recover from stress, periods of malnutrition and illness, supports all body systems, improves blood circulation to tissues.
Reviews and advice from doctors on choosing vitamins
When choosing vitamins, one should be guided by the universal advice of specialists:
- When solving a specific health problem or appearance, it is better to focus on a drug that has one main action. For example, a complex to support the work of the heart, vitamins for hair growth, a vitamin-mineral composition for vitality and energy, and the like.
- A multivitamin complex with a rich composition should be preferred in case of poor health, for recovery from a serious illness or operation, with significant long-term stress.
- The intake of vitamins and minerals, if they are not in the same preparation, it is better to dilute: the first – in the morning, the second – in the evening. After or during meals with water.
- An interval between vitamins and medicines is required, at least 15 minutes.
- If there is any chronic disease, the choice of a vitamin complex should be left to the doctor.
To choose the right vitamins for women, it is important to consider all possible factors. Our rating of the best vitamins is made taking into account age and available contraindications, the presence of chronic diseases and increased needs, diet and other important conditions.
Video on the topic: a ranking of the best vitamins for women
The best vitamins and complexes for women, children, pregnant women:
Rating of vitamin complexes: