Fragility of the nails on the hands is inconvenient. The reasons depend on both external factors and may indicate the occurrence of health problems. Therefore, at first, you should understand the cause of the unsatisfactory condition of the nails and only after that proceed with actions to solve the problem.
- External causes
- Internal causes
- Psychological reasons
- Recommended Nutrition and Water Consumption
- Vitamin therapy
- Cosmetic treatment
- Folk methods
- Wax mask for nails
- From clay
- With salt
- Healing oils
- Vitamin A bath
- With green tea and chamomile
- Video: why nails break and how to deal with it
Some external factors can have a negative effect on the nail plate on the hands, which leads to its thinning and damage:
- The nails on her hands break – the first of all lies in the negative impact of household chemicals , which female representatives have to deal with constantly. Neglect of safety rules is the result of fragility and weakness of the nail plate. Despite the recommendations to wear rubber gloves, which manufacturers of chemical products constantly indicate on the packaging, not all women follow them.
- The use of poor-quality products for hand care , which include harmful components, due to which the nails exfoliate and become thinner. Particular attention should be paid to the choice of paints. Acetone can greatly damage the nail plate, so frequent use leads to weakening of the nails.
- You should not use a metal file, and even more so, “saw” the nails in the direction “back and forth”. You need to use a soft file and move the tool in one direction.
- A very harmful effect on the nails is the extension procedure. After removing the extended nails, the relatives look lifeless and weak.
- Microcracks resulting from injuries associated with the type of activity also cause destruction of the nails of the hands: for example, playing some musical instruments.
- Too dry air or prolonged exposure to cold also adversely affect the condition of the nail plate.
- A long stay in water is one of the reasons for breaking off nails, since water weakens keratin fibers.
- Nicotine leads to yellowing of the nail plate and its weakening.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
When the fingernails break, the reason lies in various internal failures.
An unhealthy state of the nails may indicate one of the following factors:
- fungal disease;
- weakened immunity;
- iron deficiency anemia;
- abuse of diets;
- malfunctions of the internal organs responsible for the distribution of micro and macro elements in the body;
- lack of water consumption;
- hormonal disorders;
- skin diseases;
- taking antibiotics;
Fragility of nails in some cases can be hereditary.
Some psychological disorders affect the appearance of the nails and lead to their injury:
- the habit of biting nails and cuticles;
- obsessive habit of tapping the nails on the table;
- prolonged stress, insomnia, depression weaken the immune system, which immediately affects the health of nails.
Recommended Nutrition and Water Consumption
If the fingernails break, the reason may be an insufficient amount of water consumed, a deficiency of which reduces the elasticity of the nail plate, making it brittle. As a result, the nails exfoliate and break off. Experts recommend drinking up to 0,5 gallon of clean water daily.
The lack of trace elements and vitamins due to an unbalanced diet immediately affects the health of nails and hair, therefore, in a daily diet, it is necessary to include foods rich in vitamins A, B, C and group B:
- Liver, paprika, carrots, tomatoes contain vitamin A. Its deficiency leads to a broken nail in the middle.
- Cereals and nuts – vitamin B, which protects nails from inflammatory processes.
- Citruses, bell peppers, sauerkraut contain vitamin C, which produces collagen and prevents stratification.
- Fish, meat, seafood, seeds serve as sources of phosphorus – a participant in all biochemical processes in the body, it is also part of bone tissue and nails.
- Liver, meat, soybeans, greens, nuts, cauliflower prevent iron deficiency, which causes oxygen deprivation of nails.
- Poultry, seafood, buckwheat, oatmeal, radish – are a source of sulfur, which is part of protein compounds and B vitamins.
- Eggs, cottage cheese, beans, cheese are valuable due to the high content of calcium, which stimulates the growth of nails.
The amount of useful substances coming from food is small. Specially developed complexes of vitamins and dietary supplements with regular use can increase the intake of necessary vitamins and contribute to the improvement of nails.
|Natures bounty||Vitamin B6, Biotin, L-Cystine, Inositol||USA||The effect of this remedy, according to some reviews, is, however, its main purpose – to enhance hair growth, therefore, along with hair, hair begins to grow actively and not only on the head. Some expected an expensive tool to be more effective.||1400|
|Solgar||Zn nitrate, Cu, methylsulfonylmethane||USA||It strengthens nails and hair, helps with deterioration of the condition of nails associated with pregnancy.||1000|
|Evalar||Vitamin C, Cu||USA||Effective vitamins, not cheap, but give a long-term effect. They tidy up not only the nails, but also the skin and hair.||~ 1000|
|Doppel herz aktiv||Wheat germ oil, biotin, millet extract, zinc, B6.||Germany||According to reviews, the effect is noticeable a week after the start of the course.||500|
|Special dragee MERZ||Retinol, ascorbic acid, vitamin E, pyridoxine, B12, iron, cystine||Germany||Of the shortcomings, a high price is noted, but it is completely justified by the quality of the drug. Skin, hair and nooy after taking the product look well-groomed and healthy.||800|
|Complies with RADIANCE||8 different minerals, 11 essential vitamins, green tea extract||USA||These vitamins have earned a lot of negative reviews. They note that the tool does not give an effect, although there are those to whom the drug helped to cope with brittle nails.||400|
When using any vitamin complex, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the recommended dose and first consult a specialist.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Some professional cosmetic ways to strengthen and improve nails that are performed by specialists in salons are widespread :
- Applying a special decorative gel to the nails protects the nails from external factors, making them denser, the effect is fixed by gel manicure.
- Acrylic not only strengthens the nails, but also helps to reconstruct the damage to the nail plate by filling voids and cracks.
- Sealing nails with beeswax.
When the cause of the unhealthy state of the nails is identified, the necessary consultation with a specialist has been held, you can try home treatment with traditional medicine. They give good results in eliminating fragility and delamination of the nail plate. The duration of the baths and hand masks is from 15 minutes to half an hour and it is recommended to perform them at night.
Wax mask for nails
The procedure is recommended for overnight.
In a water bath, a piece of wax is melted, slightly cooled, so as not to get burned. In turn, dip the tip of each finger into liquid wax and allow the wax to solidify on the nail. It is left overnight, and in the morning the remnants of the wax are removed.
Blue clay powder is diluted in warm olive oil and 3-4 drops of iodine are added to the composition. The resulting mass is smeared on the nail plate and wait 20 minutes. The mask is done daily for one week.
It is recommended to perform 3 times a week. Strengthens nails, and stimulates blood circulation. It is advisable not to wash your hands for a while after the procedure.
On the 0,3 gallon of warm water l salt (sea or table) and add 2 drops of some medicinal oil: lemon, pine nuts, pine, tea tree, etc. Hold your hands in the bath, gently massaging, for about 15 minutes.
Brewed in a glass with boiling water 1 tablespoon. gelatin powder. They wait until it cools down and the temperature becomes comfortable for dipping your fingers. Duration of immersion in a gelatin bath up to 30 minutes. Apply every other day.
Before going to bed, usd healing oils into the nail plate. Well suited oils of sea buckthorn, jojoba, castor, avocado.
It should be rubbed not only into the nail plate, but also into the skin surrounding the nail and cuticle.
Vitamin A bath
Vitamin A (1 ampoule), lemon juice are added to warm vegetable oil, and stirred. Keep your hands in the mixture for a quarter of an hour. To enhance the effect, usd the mixture into the skin around the nail and directly into the nail itself, after which gloves are put on the hands and left overnight.
With green tea and chamomile
Mix by Art. a brewed leaf of green tea and dried chamomile flowers ( 6,76 fluid ounce of boiling water per 1 tablespoon of pharmaceutical chamomile).
Usually this procedure is done in the cabin, but it is not difficult to do the paraffin wrap yourself.
It has a beneficial effect on the skin of the hands and helps strengthen nails.
300 g of pharmaceutical paraffin must be carefully melted in a water bath and slightly cooled. It is advisable to pre-prepare the hands for this procedure by removing the keratinous scales with a scrub and generously greasing with a rich nourishing cream.
The hands should be immersed in liquid paraffin for 10 seconds, then removed and lowered again. Continue the procedure of immersion and pulling up to 7 times, after which they put plastic gloves or sachets on their hands and wrap them with a bath towel to maintain heat.
After half an hour, remove the gloves and remove the remaining paraffin with a napkin. Finally, moisturize your hands with a nourishing cream.
Dipping your fingertips into a lemon cut in half has a very beneficial effect on the nail plate, and also helps to whiten it.
With the help of special procedures, nutrition correction and a responsible approach to your health, you can get rid of brittle nails and enjoy beautiful well-groomed hands. It is only necessary to identify the cause and not spare the time for the procedures, the regularity of which will please the achieved result.
Video: why nails break and how to deal with it
Live healthy! 5 reasons for brittle nails:
Why do the nails peel and break. Reasons and treatment: