The union of ordinary nail polish and gel for nail extension allowed to obtain new properties that extend the life of the coating. Photos of matte gel polish for short nails can be seen on many sites on the Internet.
- Gel Polish: Benefits
- Modern shape of short nails
- Fashionable shades of matte manicure
- Methods of matting the surface of the nail
- How to make a matte manicure at home
- Decor methods for matte manicure
- Matte gel polish for short nails
- Lace design
- Patterns and ornament
- Matte French
- Moon manicure
- Video about matte gel polish on short nails
Gel Polish: Benefits
Gel polish, unlike ordinary varnish, lasts on nails for 2-4 weeks without damage.
It has several advantages:
- not erased at the tips;
- while wearing, retains shine;
- strengthens the nail plate;
- no unpleasant odor;
- there is no harmful component of formaldehyde in the composition;
- You can create volume effects and decorate nails with rhinestones and broths.
Manicure trends rush to such nail motifs as rainbow, amber, lace, geometric and floral ornaments, gradients.
Modern shape of short nails
The main trend in the forms of manicure 2021 is short nails up to 4/32 inch, sometimes up to 6/32 inch from the edge. Oval and almond-shaped and a soft square shape are preferred.
Matte gel polish for short nails (photos clearly show and perfectly confirm this) by manipulating with contrasting colors visually lengthens the fingers.
Fashionable shades of matte manicure
In fashion – deep rich tones. Black and white colors serve as the main tone on the nail plates, as well as an additional pattern.
The fashionable color of manicure 2021 will be blue and all its shades:
- sea wave;
In the front rows of the fashionable path of flowers march and red tones – burgundy, cherry, chocolate and marsala. Matte gel polish for short nails (the photo shows such options) of muted colors in 2021 is very popular. In the spring and summer of 2021, solar and diamond shades are in demand.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Methods of matting the surface of the nail
There are several ways to get a matte surface on gel polishes:
Top with a matte effect. On nails coated with gel-varnish technology (base + 2 layers of colored varnish after polymerization + top coat) and ends, a matte top is applied with a thin layer. Polymerized in a UV lamp. Relieve stickiness.
- Grinder for nails. Gel-coated, as in the first method, the surfaces are wiped with a liquid to remove stickiness. The grinder lightly treats the entire coating, including the end, removing only the gloss. Disinfected and dried.
- Matte gel top. Prepared, as in the first two cases, the nails are covered with a matte top from varnish. Dried.
- Acrylic Powder. Gel polish is applied to the nails coated with the technology of gel polish and ends are applied to the ends. Sprinkle acrylic powder on top. Polymerized in a UV lamp. Excess powder is removed with a fan brush.
How to make a matte manicure at home
Those who prefer to save time and money on visiting a salon can do a matte manicure at home.
Tools and materials needed:
- UV lamp;
- pusher (scraper), to shift the cuticle and remove pterygium;
- gel polish;
- antiseptic or primer;
- acrylic Powder;
- cuticle softening oil.
To soften the cuticles, the fingers are kept in warm water with a few drops of oil. Wipe with a napkin.
The process is as follows:
- give the selected shape to the nails, shift or remove the cuticle with a scraper;
- a coarse-grained file (buff) removes the keratin layer;
- clean the surface and degrease it, cover with a primer;
- rubbing a thin layer of the base, dry;
- 2-3 thin layers of gel polish are applied, each layer is dried in a UV lamp;
- perform top coating (gel polish), dried in a UV lamp;
- make a gel-varnish coating, seal the ends with it;
- apply acrylic powder and dry with a lamp, remove excess powder.
Decor methods for matte manicure
The procedure for applying the decor of matte manicure is almost the same and follows one principle.
Matte gel polish for short nails
Matte gel polish for short nails (photo of the compositions are presented below) with rhinestones and broths give solemnity to manicure when they are used in decor.
Process of creation:
- The file is shaped, the cuticle is removed.
- Lay the foundation, dry.
- Topcoat with 2 layers of gel polish and dry them alternately in a UV lamp.
- Impose a top on the places of the picture under rhinestones and broths.
- Rhinestones and broths are neatly laid with tweezers on a dry top, gently press them to the surface, dried in a lamp.
- With a transparent top, brush the spots around the jewelry with a brush and dry for 2 minutes. lamp, remove stickiness.
Kamifubuki give creativity to manicure:
- After standard processing of nails, apply the base and dry in a lamp.
- Coated with colored gel polish twice, each layer is dried in a lamp.
- Put the top and until he got up, spread the pattern with tweezers or wax pencil with kamifubs, dried.
- Cover with top, polymerized for 2 minutes.
Fashionable decor elements also include:
- holographic grid;
- holographic hearts and ribbons;
- luminous powder (glow-in-the-dark);
- holographic rivets;
- rectangular rhinestones;
- golden figures.
Lace design is performed by different methods. It is applied to one, two or all fingers.
- Nails cover the gel with varnish in 2 layers and top with 1, dried in a lamp. Remove stickiness. A little gel of paint of contrasting color to the main or close to it is dripped onto the palette.
- A thin brush (you can number 5.0) capture the drop and sequentially create a lace pattern. Dry and remove stickiness.
- A primer layer is applied to the defatted surfaces, the base is dried in a lamp.
- Coated with 2 layers of gel polish, dried sequentially in a lamp.
- A lace sticker or lace tape is placed on the nail, pressed.
- Cut off excess and cover with a layer of transparent varnish.
- Dry and remove stickiness.
When using simple lace without impregnation, the nail is pre-treated with a layer of glue.
- A stencil is applied to the prepared nails (1 primer layer + base + drying in a lamp + 2 layers of gel polish dried in a lamp).
- Apply gel polish or acrylic paint, dried in a lamp. Remove the stencil and cover with a layer of transparent varnish.
- A slider with an openwork pattern is placed on a damp cloth for softening.
- Prepare the nails as in the first case.
- The slider is freed from the base and applied to the nail with a slight deviation from the cuticle.
- The bulges that have arisen are cut.
- Sew off surplus, cover with a top 2 times.
- Relieve stickiness.
Patterns and ornament
Monograms and patterns are performed with thin brushes. There are other techniques: stamping (using stamps) and spotting (dotots, a needle or any sharp objects).
For stamping you need a stamp, a metal plate with patterns, a stamp with a rubber surface, a scraper to clean the disc.
Process of creation:
- They shape the nails with a nail file, degrease the surface and cover with a base.
- Apply the main color gel polish, dry.
- A stencil on a metal plate is varnished in a contrasting color.
- The excess is removed from the stencil with a scraper, without touching the varnish in the recesses.
- Capture the image with the rubber surface of the stamp, tightly pressing it to the stencil.
- The image is applied to the nail from the stamp, pressing them tightly against each other.
- Dried and covered with a top.
In the dot technique of patterns, the basic tool is dotz. Used and improvised: needles, pins, sharp wooden sticks.
- Form the nails, degrease with a primer, apply the base, dry.
- The gel is coated with the main color varnish, dried for 2 minutes in a lamp.
- Dots or other tools perform a bitmap gel varnish of contrasting colors. Dry by a lamp.
- Perform top, dry, remove stickiness.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Matte French is performed with matte gel polish. But you can make it a regular varnish by applying matting methods and using a different spectrum of colors.
It is done like this:
- Form the nails with a file, remove the cuticle.
- Buff # 240 removes the gloss, degrease and apply ultrabond.
- Cover the base with a thin layer of nail and edge, dry.
- Apply gel polish and dry.
- With a brush, a jacket (smile) is painted on the edges of the nails with a varnish of a contrasting or white hue, dried.
- Apply the top and cure with a lamp, relieve stickiness.
On short nails, a special decoration of the matte gel polish are the holes at the root. Example in the photo:
The holes are formed in a semicircle, arc or triangle. Luning is carried out by brush, stencil, foil.
For moon design with brush:
- On prepared nails (filing with a nail file + removing the cuticle with a scraper + disinfection + base + UV lamp + 2 layers of gel polish + drying for 2 minutes in a UV lamp), draw a contrasting shade with a brush at the root of the nail and dry it.
- Apply a fixative, dried in a UV lamp.
- On prepared nails, as in the first case, fix the stencil and apply a contrasting color to the hole.
- Sticky components are removed, dried, everything is fixed with a top and dried.
- On prepared nails (1 primer layer + base + drying in a lamp + 2 layers of gel polish dried in a lamp).
- Using a brush, draw the holes with special glue and put foil on top of it.
- When the glue dries, remove excess foil.
- Fasten with a finish, dried in a UV lamp.
The hole at the base of the nail is sometimes not painted with contrasting varnish or a colorless gel polish is used.
There are several options for this nail art using adhesive tape, shiny stripes, stencils, brushes.
Geometry using adhesive tape:
- After the standard design of nails, base coating and drying in a UV lamp, the adhesive tape is glued to the nails.
- Paint over the tape with a layer of gel polish, remove the adhesive tape, dry in a lamp.
- Cover with top, dried and degreased.
Reception with shiny stripes:
- After the standard design of nails, base coat and drying in a UV lamp glued shiny strips. Cover on top of a colorless gel varnish in several layers, drying each in a UV lamp.
- Apply a closing top, dry and degrease.
The stencils of geometry are adhesive tape, paper with an adhesive base and manicure tape.
You can make a pattern with construction tape in the form of “patches”:
- Make out nails, apply base, dry.
- After gel polishing and drying, apply adhesive tape at different angles to the surface, staining the exposed areas with gel varnish of different colors.
- Finish with top and drying.
A brush for geometric manicure is a classic.
The technique of performing a gradient in contrasting shades for one of the nails:
- Form nails, cover with a base, dry.
- Apply a white gel polish, polymerize in a lamp.
- Make on the foil 2 drops of white and burgundy varnish.
- Add a burgundy shade to a drop of white and mix with a brush.
- The rhombuses are depicted at the base, performing a toothed fence in a mixed tone, dried.
- Strengthen the burgundy color in a mixed drop on the foil and make the second row of rhombuses with a brush, dried.
- Make the color darker from row to row, drying each in the lamp.
- Close the finish, dried.
The top new products of matte gel polish for short nails include its combination with a glossy finish. The photo offers some versions of combining different techniques.
Video about matte gel polish on short nails
Original idea of creating matte nails:
Features matte top: