Hair loss often becomes a problem for many women after 40 years or after pregnancy. What to do to urgently restore normal growth and health of the hairline – it is necessary to decide with the help of a specialist – trichologist.
In complex therapy with vitamin complexes and pharmacy preparations, homemade masks for hair loss will also be effective, as well as other treatment methods, which will be discussed later.
- Causes of Hair Loss
- Why do women lose hair
- Diseases in which hair falls out
- Pharmacy treatment
- Effective Hair Masks
- Decoctions and infusions for strengthening hair
- Tar shampoo
- Brewer’s yeast
- Head massage against hair loss
- Vitamins Against Hair Loss
- How to stop hair loss after childbirth
- How to deal with seasonal hair loss
- In winter
- In the spring
- Hair Loss Video
Causes of Hair Loss
The main factors of prolapse are divided into 2 groups: anagen (sudden) and telogen (gradual) prolapse.
Anagen hair loss occurs under the influence of:
- powerful chemicals;
Hair loss occurs after chemotherapy . Hair follicles, when mildly exposed, recover over time. There is no cure for this loss. Recovery occurs after the cessation of the harmful effects.
Telogen loss is expressed in acute or chronic forms. The acute stage proceeds for about 6 months, after which it stops. The chronic stage lasts more than 6 months, may not stop for several years.
The causes of acute telogen hair loss include:
- Changes in hormonal balance. This loss is especially characteristic after childbirth in the first few months. In women who are on HB in the absence of a balanced diet.
- Health abnormalities: infection, blood loss, high fever, injuries, surgery. Improper diet, unbalanced diet.
Recovery occurs one year after the elimination of the causes.
Chronic loss occurs as a result of:
- A long period of drug use.
- Low content of iron, zinc, selenium in the body.
- Chronic diseases (arthritis, psoriasis, hepatitis, hyperthyroidism, tumor, etc.)
- Severe stress.
- Improper hair care, frequent use of a hairdryer, thermal effects by ironing, curling.
Why do women lose hair
Hair loss in women for reasons related to the physiological characteristics and changes in hormone levels, for example, during pregnancy. What to do depends on all the influencing factors. Doctors advise against panic on this occasion.
If there are no other pathological causes of hair loss, the condition of the hair is restored with normalization of the hormonal background.
On average, after 6 months, these symptoms disappear. And in subsequent pregnancies, the loss becomes less pronounced.
Causes of pregnancy loss can be:
- stressful conditions, lack of sleep, chronic fatigue, decreased plasma protein level;
- often an unbalanced diet becomes a cause for loss;
- a woman during pregnancy and lactation receives a large load on the body;
- lack of trace elements, especially calcium, zinc, iron, leads to poor blood circulation, respectively, to insufficient nutrition of the follicles;
- women undergoing surgery, instead of natural childbirth, also observe a similar process;
- during lactation, a hormonal change also occurs in the body: the amount of the female hormone, estrogen, which is responsible for the condition of the hair, drops.
Hair falls out in all healthy people, but in small quantities. With a good condition of the scalp, normal blood circulation, excessive loss does not occur. This unpleasant process quickly stops. If the process of loss after childbirth persists for a long time, it is necessary to establish the cause. This phenomenon is often a symptom of the disease.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Diseases in which hair falls out
Often hair loss becomes a symptom of a number of diseases:
- Nervous experiences and stress. With prolonged exposure to stress, excitement, metabolic and circulatory processes are disturbed. The vessels expand or contract, including on the head. With poor nutrition, the bulb weakens and hair falls out.
- Stomach problems, in particular an ulcer. Since the presence of the disease requires a certain diet, the body does not receive a number of necessary components and vitamins. For example, oranges and citrus fruits, which have a huge amount of vitamin C, are forbidden to eat. A similar situation is with dairy products containing large amounts of calcium.
- Gastrointestinal diseases. Any disturbance in the functioning of the digestive tract leads to a malfunction in the metabolism, not assimilation of the necessary vitamins and minerals. Pancreatin leads to an imbalance of vitamins that hair needs.
- Infections They are able to cause conditions and trigger processes that have a negative effect not only on the hair, but on the whole organism. A large amount of energy is spent on eliminating the “alien” component, there is an increased loss of vitamins and minerals.
- Intoxication. The reasons may be different: the presence of helminths, poisoning (food, chemical), improper use of drugs, etc. Metabolic processes are disrupted, which has a negative effect on the condition of the hair.
- Dysbacteriosis If intestinal microflora is disturbed (pathogenic bacteria prevail over beneficial bacteria), the absorption of valuable components and vitamins decreases. Hair will fall out if the problem becomes chronic.
- Burn. When exposed to high temperature, follicle damage occurs. In most cases, hair in such areas no longer grows.
- Physical injuries in which deep damage to the epidermis occurs. If the injury touches the bulbs, they are not able to recover.
- Skin diseases. For example, oily seborrhea of the head.
The prescription of drugs is carried out by the doctor. Dosage, duration of administration is established solely depending on the degree of the disease. It may be necessary to take advantage of the advice of other specialized specialists (endocrinologist, neuropathologist).
Hormonal drugs in the form of oral Diana, Yarina, Zhanin can be prescribed.
Non-hormonal drugs are also used for treatment. This series includes zinc preparations.
They are presented in the form of oral preparations, balms, shampoos:
- Nutricap is a bioactive supplement. It is taken in the morning and in the evening on one dragee.
- Rinfoltin. The main composition is natural components. Nevertheless, it is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation. It can cause allergies. Assigned to 1 tablet per day.
- Selencin – consists of natural ingredients. It is prescribed for severe loss and baldness. 1 tablet should be drunk 3 times a day.
- Hair Expert is a natural component. Not recommended during pregnancy and lactation. 1 tablet is taken twice a day.
r is a natural preparation, the course of administration is designed for 3 months in 2 tablets daily.
- Perfectil is a complex of vitamins. Not recommended for hypervitaminosis. Take 1 tablet daily.
- Revalid – a natural drug produced in dragees, the dosage is 2 pieces every day.
Effective Hair Masks
Hair falls out (what to do at home depends on the cause of the loss), depending on seasonality, or other reasons not related to the disease.
Then, to strengthen any type of hair, masks from natural components have an effective effect:
- Egg: mix aloe juice ( 0,85 fluid ounce), yolk, honey (35 g). Aloe leaf must first lie in the cold for about 3 days. If the smell of garlic does not scare, you can add a couple of drops. It contributes to the activation of the follicles. Distribute the mixture through the hair and massage into the skin. Stand for half an hour.
- With cosmetic and essential oils. The basic rule: base oil is taken (burdock, castor, olive, etc.), essential (ylang-ylang, fir, mint, bitter almonds, etc.) is added. Mixing is necessary in parts 1: 5. Some essential oils have a strong effect. If desired, you can add aloe juice, honey. Masks with essential components are recommended to be kept on the head for no more than half an hour. Masks from base oils can be kept for an hour.
- Yeast with fermented milk products has proved to be excellent. Mix kefir ( 1,18 fluid ounce) with yeast (15 g) until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Add the yolk.
It is recommended to cover your head with polyethylene and a towel. After washing the head, rinse with lemon or vinegar water.
Decoctions and infusions for strengthening hair
Hair often falls out for banal reasons. Some cosmetologists advise: what is allowed to do at home to nourish and strengthen the hair with medicinal herbs. As a rule, decoctions of herbs are included in the composition of masks, applied for some time to the hair, or simply used as a rinse.
Plants from which decoctions are made:
- Chamomile broth effectively acts on the hair. It has anti-inflammatory effect, gives hair shine and strength.
- Nettle is a means of accelerating blood circulation and hair nutrition. The follicle is strengthened, growth is enhanced.
- Mint and calendula, in addition to nutrition, have antiseptic properties.
- Burdock helps strengthen hair and prevent hair loss.
- Coltsfoot is effective for hair loss and dandruff.
Decoctions are prepared by brewing, preferably in a thermos. It is necessary to withstand about 2 hours. Before use, strain.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Hair falls out for various reasons. Beauticians found that the use of tar shampoo makes hair better and solves a number of issues, including the problem of hair loss. At home, it is convenient and easy to use. Its main effect in the treatment process is the strengthening of weak roots.
For a greater effect, it is necessary to choose a shampoo with the most natural composition. Main component: tar and soap solution. Often hoods from plants are added (succession, celandine, burdock).
A distinctive feature of the product is the smell.
Since it is a medicine, a number of tips should be observed when using it:
- Soften. Shampoo is a harsh remedy. After use, it is recommended to use a balm.
- You can wash 2 to 4 times a week. The frequency of use depends on the neglect of the disease. Increased frequency of use can adversely affect hair.
- The course of use is up to 7 weeks.
- After a break, you can take a preventive course.
- Can be used as a mask. After soaping, leave without rinsing for a quarter of an hour.
When using, it is recommended to massage the head well. Such manipulations contribute to increased blood circulation.
The basis of yeast is fungi, which are a source of valuable trace elements.
- vitamins B, E, PP, F, D;
- organic protein;
- amino acids;
- trace elements (iron, zinc, selenium, etc.);
They are perfectly absorbed and have a beneficial effect on the body and hair. Biotin deficiency is one of the main problems with hair loss because cell division and regeneration of hair cells is reduced. It is yeast that has the right amount of biotin, which can qualitatively affect the hair structure.
Methods of receiving funds:
- Ingestion. The consumption of biological additives, which are based on yeast, helps to strengthen the hair from the inside. There is a recovery of the body as a whole. Consumed in the form of dragees, capsules.
- Outdoor use. Dry or fresh yeast is part of the hair mask. Their action is enhanced by additional components of the mask.
Head massage against hair loss
Hair health provides blood supply to the scalp, which leads to the nutrition of the bulbs. One of the methods of treatment is head massage. It allows you to relieve stress, headache, increase blood circulation and, accordingly, nutrition of the follicles.
Massage is carried out in the direction of growth.
It is important to take a comfortable pose. Essential oils are often used for massage. It is desirable to carry out such a procedure at night, since the work of the sebaceous glands is activated.
Hands. It is considered the most effective, especially for damaged and falling out hair. It starts with stroking the forehead, the area of the eyebrows and temples. Then move to the back of the head along the hairline. Particular attention is paid to the crown area, where a large number of active points are located. After that, make rotational movements in the direction from the temples to the behind-the-ear area. Light hair pulling also improves blood circulation and
nutrition of the bulbs.
- Massage using a brush. It is selected from natural materials: wooden, from bristles. Massaging movements direct from the temples to the occipital part, from the temples to the forehead. The movements are soft so as not to injure the skin.
- Using a laser comb. The energy of the laser beams is used. This procedure helps to improve protein synthesis, accelerates metabolism.
- With a Darsonval comb. Exposure to a high-frequency current accelerates blood circulation, and the nutrition of the hair bulb is enhanced.
Vitamins Against Hair Loss
Hair health is ensured by the presence of a number of vitamins in the body:
- Vitamin A normalizes metabolic processes, promotes regeneration, slows down the aging process of cells.
- Vitamins of group B. Since stress is often the cause of hair loss, it is B1 that strengthens the nervous system. B2 is responsible for the regeneration of cells, including the scalp, improves the condition of the hair follicle. B3 helps to improve metabolism, providing nutrition to the hair roots. B5 – strengthens the follicle. B7 provides regulation of carbohydrate and fat metabolism. B9 enhances cell regeneration. B12 is responsible for the nutrition of cells with oxygen.
- Vitamin C improves immunity, helps to normalize blood circulation, which has a beneficial effect on the nutrition of hair roots with beneficial substances and oxygen.
- Vitamin E enhances the function of sleeping bulbs, enhances growth.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to stop hair loss after childbirth
Despite the fact that postpartum prolapse is a completely natural process, efforts must be made to maintain their health. This is quite easy to do at home using masks, oils and proper nutrition.
Home care tips come down to the following recommendations:
- To preserve and strengthen hair, you must follow the rules for hair care. Do not comb them wet, in this condition they are more injured. Try not to dry your hair. Minimize thermal effects on hair.
- An important parameter for hair restoration is a balanced diet. For healthy hair, you need to consume foods with a high content of vitamins A, E, groups B, C and D, rich in calcium, iron, zinc.
- Masks from natural, essential oils with the addition of plant juice, decoctions of herbs are well strengthened, enhance hair growth.
- If necessary, you can drink the vitamin complex. But taking medications, even vitamins, is required to be performed strictly after agreement with a specialist. Even regular vitamins can cause allergic reactions in a breastfed baby.
How to deal with seasonal hair loss
Hair loss: what to do at home with periodic loss depending on the season, depends on causal factors. The basic rule is a balanced diet. Other recommendations are developed depending on the season. It is recommended to massage the skin to improve blood circulation and nutrition of the follicles.
In cold weather, growth slows down. The body accumulates the necessary energy, the nutrition of the internal organs is activated, the blood circulation is centralized, and the remote areas eat less. Accordingly, the nutrition of the bulb is weakening. Also, the cause of the loss may be staying in the cold without a hat. The temperature difference provokes spasm of blood vessels, reduced nutrition of follicles.
It is necessary:
- be on in a headdress, preferably from natural material;
- doesn’t go outside after washing her hair; she needs to cool.
In the spring
There is an acceleration of metabolism, increased growth. Loss and fragility due to lack of essential vitamins. To prevent loss, improve the diet, if necessary, use vitamin complexes.
During this period, growth is significantly enhanced due to the abundance of vitamins and a varied diet. Metabolic processes are accelerated. But the cause may be aggressive exposure to sunlight. Hair is dried out, their density decreases. Become brittle.
- use products with a high level of sun protection;
- wear a hat;
- wash off salt water when relaxing at sea;
- consume enough moisture.
The loss is due to a decrease in the protective function of the body to various viruses. Especially the process intensifies after the illness. Autumn depressive state may negatively affect. It is recommended to use methods of nourishing hair with masks, oils.
Establishing the cause of hair loss will determine what needs to be done. Often a similar phenomenon can be dealt with at home on your own.
Hair Loss Video
Why women can lose hair:
Mask at home for hair loss: