Nature did not give smooth and shiny hair to everyone. To give curls a chic look, hair straightening methods will help, which do not require large financial costs and can be implemented even at home.
- Keratin straightening
- Pros and cons of the procedure
- Hair care after the procedure
- Gelatin lamination for hair straightening
- Hair straightening with folk remedies
- Oil masks (burdock, olive or castor oil)
- Vinegar rinse
- Colorless henna
- Dark beer
- Tea leaves
- Milk mask
- Honey cream
- Velcro curlers
- Professional Tools
- Chooz Anti-Frizzer Serum
- Spray Elnett Heat Protect Styling Spray Straight
- Hemp Natural Strength Straightening Balm
- Tecniart Hair Mix Supreme Smooth Cream
- Fluid Day by Day Straightening Fluid no Frizz
- Tips for straightening after folk and professional remedies
- Home Hair Straightening Video
The procedure for straightening hair with keratin should be carried out after the initial preparation and acquisition of the necessary devices. You will need a quality remedy with keratin. And if the product will include proteins and additional vitamin compounds, then this will only improve the result of the procedure.
Also, for the procedure, you will need a shampoo aimed at deep cleansing the hair. This property has the so-called shampoo peeling. It allows you to clean the hair and skin of the head from residual impurities, after applying styling and paint products. Shampoo for deep cleansing removes silicone and chlorine from the hair.
Note! Shampoo peeling not only cleanses the hair, but also makes them more vulnerable to external irritants.
Hair straightening with keratin-containing products is possible with the following tools:
- Spray gun. Allows you to evenly distribute the solution through the hair.
- Hair straighteners. It is necessary to choose a device that has a ceramic coating and the ability to warm up to 230 degrees. At lower temperatures, the procedure will not be possible, since the substance in question does not penetrate the hair.
- Hair dryer. A device capable of drying with cool air should be purchased in order to prevent drying out and trauma of curls.
- Latex gloves.
- A comb with rare teeth.
- Capacity that does not have metal parts.
Keratin hair straightening at home should be done with caution.
In order to prevent negative reactions, the following should be considered:
- Refuse the procedure during pregnancy and breastfeeding so as not to harm the baby.
- During the procedure, apply a face mask to prevent toxic poisoning from formaldehyde released during the heating of the cosmetic product.
- To protect your ears from burns, use special pads.
Straighten hair should begin with a thorough washing of the head with a deep cleaning shampoo. Experts recommend conducting this procedure 2 times to achieve the best result. After washing, comb the hair well and divide it into strands with a width of 1’2 inch, fixing each clip for convenience.
It is necessary to pour a means with keratin into the spray bottle and spray it on each strand. About 3,38 fluid ounce of solution is consumed on medium-length hair. It should be distributed along the entire length of the strand, departing from the roots of 0’4 inch. Do not regret keratin, since its lack will lead to poor straightening. However, pouring a lot is also not necessary, otherwise the hair will look contaminated.
After all the curls are covered with a solution, they should be combed and left for half an hour so that the keratin mask is absorbed. Then dry the hair with a hairdryer at low temperatures and go ironing, highlighting strands of 0’4 – 0’6 inch.
The temperature of the iron should be 230 degrees. Each strand should be passed at least 5 times. The last stage of keratin straightening is gentle combing and styling.
Pros and cons of the procedure
Hair straightening at home with keratin has the following advantages:
- restoration of damaged hair;
- healing effect;
- effective straightening of even curly hair;
- lack of chemical effects on the hair;
- cumulative effect of the procedure, i.e. the more procedures are completed, the better the result;
- protection of hair from ultraviolet radiation;
- lack of weighting effect;
- preventing the accumulation of static electricity in curls.
Despite all the positive aspects, the procedure also has drawbacks.
The main disadvantages of home keratin straightening:
- During the procedure, the hair is exposed to high temperature, which can lead to damage.
- The presence of contraindications for use.
- When carrying out straightening, allergic manifestations can be observed.
- The high cost of high-quality keratin.
It is important to remember that just keratin straightening is not enough, it is necessary to provide hair with special care after the procedures. Without it, the result will not last on the hair for a long amount of time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Hair care after the procedure
In order for hair to retain its beauty longer after straightening, the following care rules recommended by specialists must be observed.
- After the procedure, it is forbidden to wash your hair for 3-4 days.
- It is forbidden to apply various styling products to hair.
- For the first few days, you should not use hair accessories, such as elastic bands, headbands, hair clips, crabs, etc.
- It is important to ensure that no creases form on the hair.
- It is necessary to refuse to wear hats, or to carry out the procedure exclusively in the warm season.
- For 2 weeks after the procedure, curls should be protected from any chemical influences. It is forbidden to glaze or highlight hair.
- Products for washing hair should not contain sulfates, as these substances lead to leaching of keratin.
- Keratin-coated hair should not come in contact with salts. You can not take salt baths or swim in sea salt water.
- After the procedure, you need to daily apply a special serum to the hair, which will help keep keratin in the hair.
Keratin hair straightening will last for more than one month only if all the rules presented are observed.
Gelatin lamination for hair straightening
Hair straightening at home using gelatin in its result is very similar to keratinization. There are several methods approved by specialists.
The first method is more time-consuming:
- To make a hair straightening solution, you need to combine 8,45 fluid ounce of hot water with 3 tablespoons of gelatin. Mix the resulting mixture thoroughly until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Next, add 2 teaspoons of hair balm to the solution for easier washing off the mixture with curls.
- Before the procedure, you must thoroughly rinse your head with running water and regular shampoo. Separate use of balms and conditioners is undesirable. On a clean and damp hair, the resulting solution should be evenly applied, avoiding the area at the roots. The applied product will have to be kept for 45-60 minutes, after having warmed the head with a towel or scarf.
- The last stage of the procedure is rinsing t
he hair with cool water and natural drying. The straightening result will be visible immediately.
The second method involves a different method of preparing a gelatin solution:
- Sheet gelatin (2 sheets) pour cold water ( 8,45 fluid ounce). Next, wait 2-3 hours for the gelatin to swell, after which the resulting mixture is heated in the microwave for 2 minutes until the product is completely dissolved.
- Before the procedure, rinse your hair with shampoo and apply a hair balm. Wet hair should be moistened with the product and left on the hair for half an hour, wrapping his head in a terry towel. After this time, the head should be thoroughly washed with warm running water and allowed to dry at room temperature in an even position.
Using any of the presented methods once a week, you can significantly improve the condition of the hair. The procedure has a cumulative effect, each subsequent use of gelatin will only make hair better.
Hair straightening with folk remedies
Straightening hair with folk remedies at home can not only smooth the hair, but also restore their health. For the procedure, only natural components of plant origin are used.
Oil masks (burdock, olive or castor oil)
Applying a mask consisting of vegetable oils allows you to straighten your hair and nourish it with B vitamins. You just need to apply a mixture of oils (olive, castor and burdock) to the hair, avoiding the area near the scalp, 15-20 minutes before washing your hair.
While wearing the mask, it is important to wrap your head in a towel to achieve a faster and better effect.
Further, the mask can be washed off with hot water, and let the hair dry in a natural position. It is also possible to apply each oil separately. Such masks nourish and straighten hair well. The time and method of applying the mask does not change.
Acetic rinse is the easiest hair straightening method. It is only necessary to rinse your head after washing with warm water, in which vinegar was previously dissolved. The product needs so much that the taste of the water is slightly acidic. Acid rinse straightens soft hair well. However, with thick and coarse hair it will be difficult to achieve the desired result.
Important! Hair should dry on its own . The use of high temperatures after the vinegar procedure is unacceptable.
Colorless henna can not only strengthen, but also straighten curly, naughty hair. To achieve a lasting result, it is necessary to carry out the procedure at least 2 times a week.
To prepare the solution, you will need the following ingredients:
- henna powder (1 tablespoon);
- hot water ( 4,23 fluid ounce);
- grape seed oil ( 0,08 fluid ounce);
- citrus oil ( 0,08 fluid ounce).
The resulting mixture must be infused for at least an hour. After the creamy mass should be applied to the hair and hold for 30-40 minutes, wrapping them in a towel. At the end of the procedure, thoroughly rinse the head with running water.
Dark beer perfectly straightens and fixes the hair in the right position. The essence of the procedure is to apply on clean curls of beer with a sponge or brush. Unlike many other hair straightening procedures, the product should be applied from the very roots to the ends.
Wet hair from beer must be combed. They straighten and dry at room temperature. This is precisely the procedure that will consolidate the result.
To straighten any hair except greasy, tea brewing is perfect: you need to brew strong tea and add 5 grams of sugar to it. Apply the resulting solution to wet hair and allow to dry, combing periodically.
To prepare a milk mask, you need 8,45 fluid ounce of milk and the same amount of boiled water. All ingredients must be combined and poured into a spray bottle. Spray the prepared product evenly onto the hair and comb, straightening them as they dry. After the curls dry out, you need to repeat the procedure again. The final step is to rinse and dry your hair.
You should not expect an instant result from such a mask. However, the more procedures performed, the better the result will be noticeable.
To straighten hair, you can make a honey cream yourself at home. To prepare the product, 50 grams of honey and 1,35 fluid ounce of brandy are required. All components must be mixed and heated to obtain a homogeneous mass. Gelatin should be added to the resulting mixture and heated again until it is completely dissolved.
Mix homemade cream with hair balm and apply for 30 minutes on wet hair. After time, rinse your head with warm water. Note! Owners of blond hair, this method is not suitable, since the tool dyes hair in dark colors.
Hair straightening with such an unusual device as Velcro curlers is exclusively suitable for owners of natural curly hair. If you twist the hair, having small curls, on the Velcro curlers, you can get light, large and elegant curls.
To obtain a more lasting result, wet hair should be twisted. The only drawback of this procedure is its fragility. After washing the hair, the procedure will have to be repeated.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Professional hair straighteners can be used not only in the salon, but also at home. You can visit the hairdresser once and watch how these tools are used by professionals. Without certain knowledge, it’s not worth undertaking this business.
Chooz Anti-Frizzer Serum
Chooz Anti-Frizzer serum is aimed at smoothing hair, eliminating static electricity and caring for curls. The use of a cosmetic product is acceptable for any type of hair. It allows you to make the strands smooth and at the same time protects them from high temperatures and external stimuli, which helps to maintain the health of the hair.
Serum is easy to apply: spray it evenly on dry hair and comb it. Experts recommend using Chooz Anti-Frizzer spray daily to maintain and consolidate the result.
Spray Elnett Heat Protect Styling Spray Straight
The spray in question is an indelible product that gives hair shine and elasticity. The composition of the product includes keratin, which gives the hair the effect of laminating hair.
Use a cosmetic product as follows:
- Before applying the spray, prepare the hair. Preparation includes washing the head and removing excess moisture from the hair.
- On wet hair, apply the product evenly. The greatest amount of it is better to distribute in problem areas.
- It’s important to comb your hair covered with a spray and go over it with an iron heated to 230 degrees.
Straightening hair with Elnett Heat Protect Styling Spray Straight at home will not only smooth hair, but also strengthen it due to the B vitamins and plant components included in the product.
Hemp Natural Strength Straightening Balm
A cosmetic product is able to smooth any type of hair, strengthen it and protect it from high temperatures during styling. Does not require rinsing.
The application of the balm is extremely simple: it must be distributed over wet hair, and dried with a hairdryer or iron to obtain the desired effect. Due to the plant components included in the composition, the product not only straightens the hair, but also improves their structure.
Tecniart Hair Mix Supreme Smooth Cream
Tecniart Hair Mix Supreme Smooth cream gently strengthens, straightens and protects hair from the harmful effects of the environment and elevated temperatures.
It is simple to apply the cream: it is enough to evenly distribute it through the hair and blow dry with a hairdryer, giving the hair style the necessary shape with a comb. For wavy hair, you can use an iron.
Fluid Day by Day Straightening Fluid no Frizz
Fluid Day by Day Straightening Fluid no Frizz effectively smoothes and strengthens hair. Before use, rinse your head well with warm water without the use of balms and conditioners. Remove excess moisture from the hair by patting it with a towel.
On wet strands, it is necessary to evenly distribute the product, and then dry in a convenient way. For a smoother hair, you can use an iron.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Tips for straightening after folk and professional remedies
After the hair straightening procedure, it is necessary to provide the curls with proper care. The most important period is the first few days. Subject to all the rules, the action of folk and professional means will be maximum.
Basic rules for hair after straightening:
- At first, contact with moisture should be avoided. If the hair is wet for some reason, you need to quickly dry it and straighten it with an iron.
- It is important to ensure that the head does not sweat during a night’s sleep. It is worth using bedding only from natural materials, since synthetics provokes increased sweating, and sometimes allergic reactions. It is also necessary to remember about airing the room before going to bed.
- After the procedure, experts strongly recommend not to use devices that have a thermal effect on the hair.
- Do not touch hair with your hands. This violates the structure of the coating, and also additionally pollutes the hair and scalp.
- At first, you should refrain from hairstyles. It is best to leave your hair loose.
- It is forbidden to use styling products, as they spoil the styling effect.
- You should not carry out the procedure of dyeing after hair straightening, as this negatively affects their structure.
In order to keep the result from hair straightening, carried out at home, longer, and the hair to be healthy, after each shampooing, apply balms to the curls. For easier combing, special sprays can be applied. They will help to avoid excessive hair injury.
It doesn’t matter what means will be used, folk or professional, the main thing is to strictly follow the instructions. Then the procedure will be safe, and the hair will remain straightened and healthy for a long time.
Home Hair Straightening Video
Keratin hair straightening at home, see the video clip:
Gelatin hair straightening at home: