The accuracy of all stages of removing gel polish dramatically affects the health of nails. Manufacturers of gel varnishes took care of how to do this at home.
- Professional Tools
- Nail polish
- Alcohol or vodka
- Necessary tools
- How to remove gel polish remover
- How to remove acetone with foil
- How to replace the foil
- How to remove nail polish remover
- How to shoot with a special apparatus – file cutting
- How to remove with special wipes
- Which method is the most gentle
- Why it is badly removed
- Why is film removed
- How to facilitate the removal of gel polish
- Tips & Precautions
- Nail care after removal
- Video on how to remove gel polish
The most preferred option is to purchase a set of tools for manicure, which contains all the tools necessary for applying and removing gel polish at home.
List of funds:
- Severina – productively copes with the removal of any coating. The process takes 10-12 minutes. An important advantage is the affordable price for most.
- Nano Professional is an effective high-quality tool that many professionals prefer to use in their work. Remarkably suitable not only for salon procedures, but also for removing gel polish at home. Qualitatively eliminates the coating after 8-12 minutes.
- CND is one of the most popular global brands. It has a high price and maximum effect. It minimizes the impact of negative effects on the nail plate, while doing an excellent job with any coating.
- Solomeya is the most budgetary option from a line of professional tools. The duration of the procedure is at least 20 minutes. The advantage of the product is its natural oils, vitamins and other caring components.
Some women manage to remove gel polish at home using ordinary acetone. But this is only worth doing if there are no other means. Acetone negatively affects the general condition of the nails, in particular, it drains them severely. If this has already happened, then it is necessary to restore the health of the nail plate due to vitamin complexes.
The use of acetone is permissible only in a situation when it is part of the gel polish remover.
At the preparatory stage of the process, it is necessary to prepare wet wipes and colorless varnish. Varnish needs to be applied to the nail plate, and then, until it has time to dry, wipe with a damp cloth.
This method is not effective in all cases. After the procedure, it is recommended to purchase gel polish remover as soon as possible. This method is useful in an emergency when a special fluid was not at hand.
Alcohol or vodka
These substances do an excellent job of removing the topcoat, but only if the correct proportions are observed. Alcohol must be combined with water in equal proportions, vodka remains unchanged. To start, blanks from cotton pads should be moistened in the prepared solution and put on nails. To speed up the procedure, the fingers are wrapped and fixed with foil.
After 17-18 minutes, the foil with cotton pads can be removed in the order in which they were applied to the nails. If the coating remains hard, then the procedure must be repeated again.
Removing gel polish, you can not use force, otherwise there is a risk of damage to the nails.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
To get rid of gel polish yourself, you do not need complex and expensive tools:
- Liquid for removal of a covering. It is easiest to remove gel polish with a special liquid. Manufacturers produce not only sets for gel polish, but also a means to remove them. It is enough to find out from the master the means of the company with which he works, and purchase a liquid to remove the same production. If there is no special tool, then you can do with ordinary acetone.
- Foil. The most common confectionery foil can be used. If suddenly she was not at home, then a plastic bag or cling film will help in the procedure. In highly specialized stores you can easily find the so-called “clothespins.” Thanks to their use, cotton pads soaked in a special liquid adhere more closely to the nails, which speeds up the process of removing gel polish.
- Orange sticks. Alternatively, you can use a special metal pusher. He not only gently removes the remnants of gel polish, but also lasts a long time.
- Grinding file.
- Cotton pads (cotton).
- Cuticle oil.
How to remove gel polish remover
How to remove gel polish at home so as to minimize damage to the nail plate, not many know. At the preparatory stage of the work, thoroughly wash your hands, prepare the tools in advance.
For work you will need: foil, remover, file, cotton pads.
- To begin with, using a file, you need to remove the top layer of the coating. If there are 3-dimensional patterns on the nails, they also need to be cut.
- Cotton pads are cut in the shape of nails. Each blank is treated with a remover and applied to the nail plate.
- On top of the finger is wrapped in a strip of foil.
- The duration of the procedure will be 13-15 minutes, depending on the manufacturer of the product.
- After the set time has elapsed, the foil and cotton pads are removed from the nail with smooth circular movements.
- Gel polish on the nails is cracked and can be easily removed with a wooden stick.
At the end of the procedure, professionals are advised to apply caring cream on their hands.
How to remove acetone with foil
How to remove gel polish at home using acetone and foil, not many know. However, this option is the easiest and most affordable. The main disadvantage is that acetone dries nails very much.
For the procedure, you must pre-prepare the product with acetone, cotton pads, foil, nail file.
- Using a file, you should cut off the top coat of varnish. This stage will reduce the duration of the procedure.
- Then you need to give the cotton pads a shape as close as possible to the shape of the nails. This is necessary to reduce the chance of getting acetone on the skin.
- Then they thoroughly impregnate the cotton pads with acetone, put them on the nails, and then wrap the fingers with foil.
- To speed up the process, it is recommended that you massage your fingertips periodically.
- After 18-22 minutes, you need to remove the foil along with cotton pads and look at the result. If the gel polish remains on the nails, you can try to remove it with a wooden stick. Otherwise, the procedure must be repeated again.
To protect the skin from the negative effects of acetone, it is advisable to lubricate it with a nourishing cream or petroleum jelly.
How to replace the foil
How to remove gel polish at home, if there is no foil, experts suggest. The best option is to use cling film. It, like foil, does not allow the chemical agent to evaporate quickly.
Replace the cling film with a regular plastic bag.
In this case, you need to wrap the nails with a package and fix it with tape. If desired, in any specialized store, you can choose silicone caps. They pour a little money into them, and then they are put on the fingers. These caps are suitable for repeated use, they are easy to wash, store.
The bath is the fastest gel polish remover. In a small dish you need to pour a chemical agent to remove the coating, and then completely immerse the nails there. 6-8 minutes are enough to get the result. But this method has significant disadvantages: firstly, the appearance of irritation on the skin is possible, and secondly, the remedy is seriously consumed.
How to remove nail polish remover
At home, it is advisable to remove gel polish with a special tool of the company that the master uses in his work. But it is not clear how to solve the problem if this information is unknown. The universal method used by most women at home is presented below.
To remove gel polish, you will need the following tools:
- cotton pads (cotton);
- acetone-containing nail polish remover;
- wooden stick;
- grinding file.
Having prepared all the necessary tools in advance, you can proceed directly to the coating removal procedure:
- At the beginning of the procedure, it is necessary to remove volumetric patterns and upper gloss from the nail plate.
- Cotton pads are divided into blanks. Each piece is completely dipped in nail polish remover, put on nails and wrapped with foil on top for fixation.
- The duration of the procedure is 17 minutes. Then you need to remove the foil and cotton from each nail.
- The gel polish remaining on the nails can be removed with a wooden stick.
- If you have difficulty removing the coating, then professionals are advised to repeat the procedure again.
- After the remnants of the gel polish are completely removed from the nail plate, it is recommended to sand the surface of the nail with a polishing file.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
How to shoot with a special apparatus – file cutting
This method is considered by specialists to be the most gentle and fast. For the procedure, you will need a special apparatus and 2-4 files of various stiffness. A gel polish remover is like a small drill or grinder. In the kit, several nozzles are attached to it: from the hardest (metal) to soft.
Using solid nozzles, the main part of the gel polish is removed. Soft ones are used at the final stage of work – when polishing a nail, during cuticle processing. At the preliminary stage, it is advisable to practice on plastic or false nails. Then you can get to work. Gel polish should be cut carefully and without haste. Begin with the hardest nozzle.
After sawing off the next layer, they switch to softer nozzles. The elbows should be in a fixed position. As a supplement, you can use nail files, but then the procedure will take longer.
How to remove with special wipes
How to remove gel polish at home using special wipes, not everyone knows. However, wipes are sold in any specialized store. Each napkin is saturated with acetone and stored in a small sealed bag. At the beginning of the procedure, use the file to remove the top layer of gel polish. After that, a thick layer of oily cream or petroleum jelly is applied to the skin near the nails.
Gently tearing the edge of the bag, you should get a napkin and wrap the nail. To fix the napkin, you need to put a bag on top of your finger. After 17-22 minutes, you need to check the result. If the gel polish is in place, you can try to remove it using an orange stick. Otherwise, the procedure must be repeated again.
The main disadvantage of this method is that there is a high risk of overdrying the nail plate.
Which method is the most gentle
How to remove gel polish at home so as to minimize damage to nails, not every specialist can answer. And this despite the great popularity and relevance of the technique of coating nails with gel polish. Each of the proposed options has its own characteristics. Basically, experts combine technology to get the fastest result.
In this case, the nails are minimally damaged. The whole process is as follows – the upper and main layer of gel polish is removed by ceramic and diamond nozzles of the milling cutter, and the base coating is removed using a special liquid. As a result, the duration of the procedure is no more than 5 minutes. This method reduces the risk of possible damage to the nail plate.
Why it is badly removed
- Gel Polish Remover . It is advisable to choose a product from the same manufacturer as gel polish. If the company is unknown, then it is possible to use liquids for removal of a varnish with acetone or means of other manufacturers. But then the procedure time will significantly increase, because each product has a certain exposure time.
- Coating manufacturer. Specialists identify a number of companies whose gel polishes are difficult to remove. In this case, it is recommended to file the top layer first, and then use the product.
- Shelf life. If the expiration date is coming to an end, using such a remover is strictly prohibited. But you can find another application – for example, using it to clean a manicure lamp.
- Nail design. If there are large volumetric patterns or sparkles on the nail plates, this complicates the gel polish removal session. Experts advise first cutting down the design, and then proceed directly to the treatment of nails with liquid.
- Thick layers. When coating nails, each layer should be applied in a thin layer. This will not only facilitate the removal of gel polish, but also reduce the time it takes to dry the nails.
Why is film removed
Gel Polish is id
eally worn for at least 2 weeks, regardless of company and price. Otherwise, it is necessary to identify the causes of detachment of the coating. Specialists divide them into 2 categories.
- Soft and brittle nails lead to a reduction in the period of wear of gel polish. In such a situation, the solution to the problem is to carry out procedures to strengthen the nail plate.
- Excessive moisture in the hands negatively affects the quality of the coating socks. The problem is eliminated by using an acid primer immediately before applying the base coat.
- Irregularities on the nails reduce the time to wear gel polish. Experts recommend aligning the nail plate before starting the session.
- Some diseases of the body lead to exfoliation of gel polish: diabetes, hormonal imbalance, disorders in the nervous system, taking potent drugs. When other causes can be ruled out, you should pay closer attention to your body.
Incorrect application technique:
- The most common cause is poor cuticle processing.
- Poor degreasing of the nail plate. Sometimes a standard nail polish remover is used as a degreaser. But experts recommend purchasing a special tool that is used specifically for gel-varnish coating.
- Insufficient baking of each layer in the lamp. Be sure to follow the instructions for the lamp.
- One of the layers is too thick. In this case, the coating will peel off in less than 2 weeks. Each product should be applied in a thin layer and thoroughly dried under a lamp.
How to facilitate the removal of gel polish
To simplify the procedure for removing gel polish, experts suggest using a few tips:
- It has been noticed that removing gel polish is more difficult if the hands are cold. In this case, the fingers can be preheated with a heating pad, hair dryer or UV lamp.
- Many gel polishes are easier to remove if the upper layer is removed at the preliminary stage using a file or a milling cutter. After that, you can start the usual soaking with a special tool by the method of wrapping.
- It is necessary to remove the foil with the remover in stages from each finger – remove the remnants of gel polish and only then move on to the next finger. Otherwise, the remnants of gel polish will harden again in air.
Tips & Precautions
- Gel polish removers often cause an allergic reaction. When the first negative signs appear, it is necessary to abandon the further use of this or that remedy.
- The procedure must be carried out in a well-ventilated area. Due to the specific smell, agents can negatively affect the body as a whole.
- Before starting the process, you need to thoroughly wash your hands with soap, treat them with an antiseptic. This stage will eliminate the possibility of infection, if suddenly the cuticle is injured.
- If possible, you should refuse to use metal tools when removing gel polish. They enter into chemical interaction with various means. It is best to use orange sticks or wooden spatulas.
- Experts recommend not using technical acetone. This leads to burrs.
- The nail plate must be handled very carefully during the removal procedure and immediately after. Due to the chemical effect, it becomes soft and easily injured.
Removing gel polish at home is a process in which there are a lot of nuances. If we take them into account, this will allow us not to waste time and money on visiting the master once again.
- The main mistake of those who remove gel polish at home is excessive pressure on the nail plate while removing coating residues. As a rule, this leads to damage to the nails. So that this is not necessary, it is enough to once again soak the cotton pad with a special liquid and wrap it around the nail.
- If at home there is not only a removal procedure, but also a gel-varnish coating of nails, you can use a little trick. So that when removing the varnish there is no difficulty, before the first layer, a regular transparent varnish is applied to the center of the nail.
- After removing gel polish at home, nails should provide comprehensive care. Perfect cuticle oil. It will soften irritated skin and provide nails with intense nutrition.
Nail care after removal
- Balanced diet. To nails after the gel polish removal procedure remained strong and strong, it is necessary to adjust the diet. The daily menu should include a complex of vitamins, minerals and proteins. Such nutrition helps to restore metabolism.
- Baths with olive oil. Olive oil will help to strengthen and restore thin damaged nails. In a shallow container, pour olive oil, heat in a microwave to a comfortable temperature and lower your hands in the bath. The duration of the procedure is 12-14 minutes. The result is noticeable after 6-8 days, subject to daily use.
- Baths with sea salt. Sea salt contributes to the speedy strengthening of nails, prevents their delamination and fragility. In a bowl with warm water, you need to dilute 20-25 g of sea salt. The fingertips are kept in this solution for 10-12 minutes. At the end of the procedure, you must always apply a caring cream on your fingers. Experts recommend using such bathtubs once every 3-4 days.
- Mask of berries. One of the most famous methods of strengthening nails after removing gel polish is considered a berry mask. Experts recommend choosing acidic berries: red currants, cranberries. Berries must be crushed to obtain a homogeneous mixture, and then put the mass on the nails, fixing with polyethylene or cling film. After 17-20 minutes, rinse your hands with warm water. The acids contained in the berries give the nails a healthy and shiny appearance.
- Lemon juice. Lemon juice will perfectly cope with stratification of nails. To do this, you just need to usd freshly squeezed lemon juice into the nail plates with your fingers or cotton pads. After 2-3 minutes, it is advisable to apply a nourishing cream to each nail to fix the result.
It is only necessary to follow professional recommendations when removing gel polish at home, as experts say, and then it is quite possible to save time and money in visiting the salon and keep nails healthy.
Video on how to remove gel polish
Secrets of easy removal of gel polish:
Foil and clips for removing gel polish at home: