To cure skin from acne and acne, you will have to make a lot of efforts – choose the most effective means, change nutrition, consult a cosmetologist. But it will be equally important to find out how to properly remove acne scars. There are many methods: surgical, cosmetic and folk, which can be used at home.
- Types of acne scars
- Causes of Acne Scars
- Treatment selection
- Drug treatment
- Scar excision
- Skin transplant
- Mid Chemical Peeling
- Deep phenol peeling
- Injection and hardware mesotherapy
- Ion and phonophoresis
- Laser resurfacing
- Fractional Photothermolysis
- Needling Therapy
- Diamond dermabrasion
- Deep grinding
- Plasma lifting
- Ozone therapy and cryotherapy
- Filler Injection
- Exfoliating peeling
- Homemade masks and scrubs
- Rubbing and washing
- Than during the day you can usd the skin. To enhance the effect
- Acne scar removal with cosmetic paraffin and wax
- Vodka and Kalanchoe from scars
- Citrus fruits against acne scars
- Manganese from scars
- Propolis Acne Scars
- Video on how to remove acne scars
Types of acne scars
To choose the appropriate method of getting rid of scars, you must first correctly determine their appearance. Scars are of the following types:
- Atrophic, below the skin level. Peculiar to skin that produces little collagen.
- Normotrophic – are on the same level with the skin, have a light color.
- Hypertrophic – slightly rise above the skin level, are formed with excessive production of collagen.
- Keloid – are a type of scar tissue. The tendency to form keloid scars is an individual problem of the body.
Scars can be either single or multiple.
Causes of Acne Scars
Someone has acne without a trace, while someone else has bumps on his skin.
Here are the most likely causes of scarring:
- Rough and inaccurate squeezing of acne;
- Infection under the skin;
- Improper facial care or lack of any care, neglected acne;
- Skin features – a very thin and delicate upper layer of the epidermis, which is easy to damage.
Normally, epidermal cells have a good ability to repair. But due to the above reasons, their strength is not enough.
In order not to act at random, you should immediately contact a qualified specialist. A dermatologist will help to deal with the skin. He will assess the situation with a professional look and give recommendations, perhaps prescribe tests for demodicosis or fungal skin lesions.
You will also have to consult a cosmetologist. A good cosmetologist must have a medical education, and he will be able to carry out modern procedures to get rid of scars.
If new acne continues to appear on your face, you will need to consult a gastroenterologist, endocrinologist and gynecologist.
How to remove acne scars if you do not want to resort to the capabilities of hardware cosmetology Pharmacy medicines will come to the rescue.
Here are some effective remedies:
- Gel Derma Cote. It contains enzymes, zinc oxide, vitamins E and K. Estimated price – $ 14.
- Collagene 3D collagen hydrogel Emalan. Designed to treat skin after acne. Approximate price – $ 10,2.
- Cream for scars Priztin from Praniva . Penetrates deep into the pores and exfoliates dead cells. The price is $ 2,04.
- Concentrated cream Bio Aqua Anti Acne. Increases the elasticity of the epidermis, contains shea butter and jojoba seed oil. Cost – $ 2,31.
- Meilibahenling scar ointment. Contains Vitamin E, Heparin, Aloe Vera Extract. Estimated price – $ 3,4.
- Pasjel Scar Ointment. Consists of natural ingredients, evens out scars with regular use. Cost – $ 9,52.
In the absence of these funds in pharmacies, you can try to order them in online stores. To achieve the maximum effect, any cosmetic product should be used regularly, strictly following the instructions.
The method of subcision is to excise the connective cords, which “pull” the scar into the skin. After tissue cutting, the bottom of the scar rises outward and the skin is leveled. Subcision is performed under local anesthesia. The procedure requires a highly qualified surgeon, since the work is very painstaking.
Scar excision is recommended in cases where the scars are quite extensive and deep, and occupy a large area. The procedure should be performed by a surgeon with the mandatory use of anesthesia.
Scars are excised using a laser or a scalpel, after which the edges of the connective tissue are lifted and connected using a suture that will subsequently be completely invisible.
Skin transplantation is another radical surgical method. It is most advisable to apply it with extensive skin lesions. These can be not only the consequences of profuse acne, but also burns.
Mid Chemical Peeling
Median chemical peeling is performed using special fruit acids and affects the basal, that is, the middle layer of the epidermis. The skin reacts to the application of acids by the active production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. Scars are leveled, age spots disappear.
Deep phenol peeling
This procedure is considered quite serious and is recommended for those who are over 40 years old. The skin is treated with carbolic acid, which causes the epidermis to regenerate new collagen fibers. Phenol peeling has contraindications: cardiovascular disease, pregnancy, herpes.
Injection and hardware mesotherapy
The method of injection mesotherapy is the introduction under the skin of cocktails consisting of hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen, plant extracts, vitamins and organic acids. The skin is smoothed and scars become less pronounced. It is recommended to go through not one, but not less than 4-5 sessions.
With hardware mesotherapy, active substances are not injected, but with a laser. This method is suitable for those who do not accept injections or are afraid to make them. The relief of the epidermis is leveled and scars are tightened.
Ion and phonophoresis
The essence of iontophoresis is the effect on the upper and middle layers of the epidermis of galvanic current. At the same time, the skin is processed by special means, which are absorbed much better thanks to the current. The procedure is somewhat painful, but it allows you to get rid of scars in a couple of sessions.
With phonophoresis, exposure to the skin occurs using ultrasound. Phonophoresis has a cumulative effect, it will take several sessions to smooth the skin.
How to remove acne scars using laser resurfacing: for this you need only 1-2 procedures. The laser beam acts on the epidermis, and due to its temperature, the problem areas are destroyed, and the skin becomes smooth.
Due to the speed of the laser, it is impossible to get a thermal burn. It will take about 2 weeks to fully restore the skin after the procedure.
Fractional photothermolysis is the treatment of the skin with laser beams. The rays penetrat
e into the middle layers of the epidermis, due to their high temperature, the microdepartments of the dermis gallon evaporate. As a result, an enhanced recovery process begins. Skin cells are updated. To achieve the best effect, it is recommended that you first undergo a surface peeling procedure.
The essence of nidling therapy is that with the help of a special apparatus micro-punctures are created on the skin. Very small size and diameter titanium needles are used. The epidermis begins to respond to microtraumas by the active production of elastin and collagen. The procedure not only eliminates scars, but also eliminates age spots, reduces sagging skin, tightens pores.
Diamond dermabrasion is an alternative to chemical peels. The cosmetologist equips with a special device, to which nozzles with diamond spraying are attached. Thus, acne scars are sanded, in addition, pores are cleansed. The duration of the procedure depends on the area of the studied area.
Diamond dermabrasion is contraindicated in cancer, asthma, diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Deep polishing of the face is very effective, it helps to get rid not only of scars, but also of a significant part of wrinkles. The procedure is performed using anesthesia and takes about an hour.
Deep grinding is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation, in the presence of diabetes mellitus or problems with the thyroid gland.
Plasmolifting is the administration under the skin by injection of plasma isolated from the patient’s blood. The procedure is carried out by courses. It contributes to the production of collagen and elastin, has a minimal risk of allergic reactions. Plasmolifting rejuvenates the skin, a visible effect appears after the second session.
Ozone therapy and cryotherapy
Ozone therapy is carried out in several ways – mesozone therapy, injections, ozone cocktails. With mesozone therapy, a specialist applies an ozone mixture to cleansed skin with a special device, while doing facial massage. You can also inject an ozone-ozone cocktail using subcutaneous injections, or simply wipe your face with it.
Ozone saturates the epidermis with oxygen. Stimulates collagen synthesis and improves overall skin condition. The essence of cryotherapy is to massage the skin with liquid nitrogen. During the procedure, a slight burning sensation may be felt. Liquid nitrogen accelerates blood circulation and heat transfer, acne scars are evened out.
Filler injections are used in dermatocosmetology for the treatment of large atrophic scars with a diameter of 5/32 – 8/32 inch. As the active substance, hyaluronic acid or native collagen is used.
Hyaluronic acid is injected under the scar, and immediately raises it to the level of the skin. Collagen also stimulates the formation of connective tissue, due to which the scar is filled.
To make peeling badagi, you need to prepare a mixture of 1 teaspoons. Badyagi powder, 3% hydrogen peroxide, and kefir. The prepared product should have a sour cream consistency. It is applied to the face, avoiding the area around the eyes, and can withstand 15 minutes. The mask is washed off with warm soapy water, then a soothing cream is applied to the skin.
Badagi peeling is contraindicated in the presence of vasculature or skin diseases on the face.
Homemade masks and scrubs
How to remove acne scars, if only the simplest products are at hand, homemade mask recipes will tell.
Here are a few options:
- Cucumber mask . 1 peel the cucumber, grate. Mix with 1 large tablespoons of kefir of any fat content. Apply to cleansed skin for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water.
- Clay mask . Powder any clay – blue, pink or white, dilute with hot water, apply the mixture to problem areas. Leave to dry completely, then rinse.
- Lemon mask. Mix 1 large spoonful of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 20 drops of aloe juice. Apply the mixture on the face for 10 minutes. The recipe is suitable for oily skin.
You can even out the epidermis and get rid of keratinized particles with the help of home scrubs.
- Grind coffee beans in a coffee grinder, mix with sour cream. Apply to the skin with massage movements.
- Combine 1 small tablespoons of baking soda, 1 small tablespoons of sodium chloride, and a little soap foam. Massage problem areas with a cotton swab.
- Add some salt to the crushed oatmeal. The tool is used in the evenings after washing.
Scrubs enhance blood circulation, which contributes to the regeneration of the upper layers of the skin.
Rubbing and washing
Getting rid of ugly traces will help washing your face with the following substances:
- Oatmeal . Oatmeal should be ground in a coffee grinder, diluted with warm water to a pulp consistency, and daily wash your face with this mixture in the morning. Oatmeal has the effect of light peeling and evens complexion.
- Apple cider vinegar. It is diluted with water in a consistency of 1: 3 and rinsed with a face. It is very important to ensure that the liquid does not get into the eyes.
Than during the day you can usd the skin. To enhance the effect
Here are a few options:
- Almond oil;
- Tea tree oil.
With individual intolerance to oils, it is recommended to use a decoction of sage leaves.
Acne scar removal with cosmetic paraffin and wax
How to remove acne scars with paraffin:
- You need to purchase a special medical paraffin from the pharmacy.
- For one procedure, 50 grams of substance will be sufficient. It is melted over a steam bath and is applied with a wide cosmetic brush in a thin layer on the face.
- When the paraffin is slightly set, you need to apply a second layer, and then cover your face with cling film or an ordinary clean ironed cloth.
- The mask is kept for 15 minutes.
To prepare a wax product, you need to purchase unbleached beeswax. It is also melted and applied to the face. When carrying out the procedure using wax or paraffin, it is important to monitor the temperature of the mask to prevent burns.
Vodka and Kalanchoe from scars
For this recipe, you will need Kalanchoe. From the fleshy part of the stem, squeeze 1,01 fluid ounce of juice, and mix it with the same amount of vodka. The liquid is infused for 3 days in a dry, dark place.
After it is necessary to strain it through a bandage and apply to the scars precisely, using a cotton swab. After half an hour, you need to wash with warm water without soap, so that the alcohol in the composition does not dry the skin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Citrus fruits against acne scars
Lemon, orange and grapefruit contain organic fruit acids that are used to create chemical peels. A pair of fresh, peeled fruit slices of fruit is recommended to wipe the problem areas. After 15-20 minutes you need to wash with warm water.
Manganese from scars
Several crystals of potassium permanganate must be diluted in warm boiled water. The resulting solution of bright raspberry color is applied to the scars dotted with a cotton swab. After 10 minutes, the face should be wiped with a damp cotton pad.
An important nuance: during the treatment of scars with potassium permanganate, you can not visit the solarium and expose your face to open sunlight.
Propolis Acne Scars
How to use propolis to remove acne scars:
- An important nuance: propolis is not used in its pure form, you need to purchase its tincture at the pharmacy.
- It is mixed with vodka in a ratio of 1 to 1, and the scars are treated several times a day.
- Vodka can be replaced with cognac.
Before choosing how to proceed in order to remove acne scars, you need to make sure that there are no contraindications.
Cosmetic and surgical procedures have a number of contraindications – pregnancy, the period of breastfeeding, epilepsy, neoplasms on the skin.
And when using folk and home methods, you may be allergic to the component of the mask or scrub.
Video on how to remove acne scars
Scars after acne on the face:
Fractional laser resurfacing: