Humanity has long been looking for ways to get rid of body hair forever, for example, Queen of Sheba removed hair with wax. Smooth velvety skin has always been appreciated by both women and men. Often the removal of unwanted vegetation is not only a tribute to aesthetics and fashion, but also tradition.
In the Middle East, there is a traditional ritual of hair removal for a woman before marriage and throughout marriage.
- Why hair grows on the body, face
- Hair removal methods
- Chemical depilators
- Mechanical hair removal
- Medical hair removal
- Bio epilation
- Waxing (waxing)
- Folk methods
- Contraindications to hair removal
- How to slow down hair growth on the body, face
- Possible complications after hair removal
- Video on how to get rid of body hair
Why hair grows on the body, face
Hair growth is laid by nature in both sexes, as a means of protection against temperature extremes and mechanical effects on the skin. In men, the hairline not only enhances the body’s thermoregulation, but also preserves male hormones that contain pheromone, which attracts the opposite sex.
The hairline is formed during the period of fetal development of the fetus and has the name – lanugo. After birth, after 1-3 months, it is replaced by thin fluffy hair, and during puberty a thin fluff becomes stiff. The degree of density, stiffness and hair growth depends on the genetic predisposition.
The hereditary factor affects the production of hormones by the body, and hormones directly affect hair growth. The degree of hair growth of the skin in men depends on the level of male hormones androgens and testosterone, if a woman has these hormones increased, then her hair will also grow actively. Doctors have identified several pathologies in women that increase body hair growth.
|Hirsutism||If in a woman’s body the level of male hormones is much higher than normal, then male type of hair is observed: on the chest, back, lower abdomen, on the chin and tendrils grow above the upper lip.|
|Hypertrichosis||With this pathology, the growth of cannon hair, which covers the whole body, is enhanced.|
|Hyperandrogenism||A very high level of production of male hormones, along with impaired ovarian function, body hair begins to grow actively.|
|Excessive production of male hormones, without hormonal imbalance. Often found during pregnancy and after menopause.|
Also, the following factors affect the speed of hair growth:
- Age – the older a person becomes, the slower the hair grows.
- Stress – stressful and depressive conditions reduce hair growth rate.
- Improper nutrition – the use of harmful foods, alcohol and a lack of vitamins, adversely affect the growth and health of hair.
- Season – in summer, hair grows faster due to improved blood circulation.
Hair removal methods
How to get rid of body hair forever – this issue is extremely relevant for women with hormonal disorders, because of which hair grows on the face or chest. According to surveys, women often use body depilation for beauty, as smooth skin looks attractive. Men resort to depilation due to irritation of the skin after shaving.
Modern technologies offer several different ways to permanently get rid of body hair: chemical, mechanical, creams and many others.
Chemical hair removal is a method in which depilatory creams are used. The composition of these creams includes thioglycolic salt of sodium and potassium and calcium hydroxides, the chemical effect of these components on keratin destroys the structure of the hair, thereby dissolving it.
Depilatory creams do not affect the hair follicles, so the smoothness of the depilated areas of the skin will last only 3-5 days. Chemical depilators do not affect the growth or density of hair, their effect will be temporary.
But they have advantages:
- Painlessness . Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Leaves no irritation . The cream includes substances that care for the skin.
- Simplicity . The method does not require special skills.
- Availability . The cost of cream – depilatory from $ 2,72.
Before using depilatory cream, the following recommendations should be considered:
- Carefully read the instructions and composition in order to eliminate the risk of allergic reactions.
- Make a test – an allergy test. Apply a little cream to the bend of the arm and follow the reaction for 2 hours.
- Do not use the cream on areas of skin with damage (wounds, scratches).
- After using the cream, do not sunbathe for 2-3 days.
Instructions for use:
- Apply the cream to the skin in a thin layer with a spatula.
- Wait 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cream with a spatula and rinse off any residue.
- After 1 hour, apply a moisturizer to the skin.
Mechanical hair removal
Mechanical hair removal methods include hair removal machines. They are divided into 2 types: machines for removing facial hair and machines – depilators for the body. Machines – depilators for the body work on the principle of tweezers, their design includes rotating plates or vibrating springs that grab the hairs and pull them out with the root.
Cars can work on batteries or from a network. In the functions of the machine there can be several speed modes and additional nozzles. The depilation process with the machine is very painful, so manufacturers make nozzles with vibration spikes or cooling strips that reduce pain. After depilation, the machine will not grow hair for 2-3 weeks.
Depilatory machines have the following advantages:
- Low price.
- Ease of use, you can do depilation at home.
The disadvantage of the machine is the painfulness of the procedure and often the ingrowth of hairs under the skin. To remove hair with a machine, their length should be 0.5-1cm. Before use, the skin must be cleaned with a scrub and dried. To reduce pain, you can use lidocaine – a spray or essential oils of menthol. After the procedure, it is recommended to treat the skin with an antiseptic.
To reduce skin irritation, you can apply Bepanten cream (D-Panthenol). Within 3-5 days after the procedure, you should refrain from visiting the baths, saunas and long exposure to the sun.
The cost of depilatory machines is from $ 16.
The epilator for the face is a spiral of wire with comfortable handles. To remove hair, the epilator is bent in the shape of the letter U and scroll. The spring contracts and grabs the hairs, tearing them out with the root. Gliding the epilator should be against hair growth.
This epilator does not require a network connection or batteries. It is small in size and easy to care for, just wash it with water and dry it. Just like with depilatory machines, the hair removal procedure is painful, and hair growths under the skin are possible. It is better to use an epilator for the face in the evening or before bedtime, as the skin turns red and irritation may appear.
Preparation and application:
- Steam the face skin and clean it with a scrub.
- Dry the skin.
- Bend the spring and slide over the face against hair growth.
- Treat the skin with antiseptics without alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
- After 15-20 minutes, apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream.
The cost of an epilator for a face is from $ 2,04.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Medical hair removal
How to get rid of body hair forever – for this you can resort to laser hair removal. The laser beam heats the hair cells containing melanin, as a result of which the bulb is destroyed. Often a hair has a “duplicate” bulb, so more than one procedure will be required to completely remove hair.
Since the laser acts on melanin, the effectiveness of hair removal will depend on the contrast of the skin and hair, so that the laser beam is absorbed by melanin from the hair, and not from the skin.
There are 4 types of lasers suitable for different skin types:
|Ruby laser||It is used for contrasting fair skin and dark hair. Due to the short beam length (620nm), its use on dark skin can lead to burns.|
|This type of laser has the ability to adjust the beam length (700-820nm), it is used to epilate dark hair on dark skin.|
|Diode laser||It has a high beam length (about 800nm) and can remove dark hair.|
|Neodymium laser||It has the highest beam length (1080nm). Its technical characteristics allow you to effectively remove all types of hair on different types of skin.|
Advantages of laser hair removal:
- It does not cause severe pain.
- Does not damage the skin.
- Hair does not grow for a long time (up to 5-6 years).
- Simple preparation for the procedure, you only need to grow hair by 4/32 – 6/32 inch.
- Short duration of the procedure. For example: facial hair is removed in 10-15 minutes, in the bikini area 15-20 minutes, hair removal – 1 hour.
With severe pain, it is possible to use local anesthesia, for example, lidocaine spray or gels with lidocaine. During the procedure, it is necessary to protect the eyes by wearing dark glasses. According to statistics, to completely remove hair, it takes from 6 to 15 procedures.
Laser hair removal has a course character, after one procedure it is difficult to draw conclusions about effectiveness. The interval between sessions will be 3-4 weeks, after 3-4 sessions, the hair will begin to grow much more slowly, and the interval can be increased. During the break, you can only remove hair using a razor or depilation creams.
It is important not to apply:
- Cars – depilators.
You can not remove the hairs with the root, otherwise the hair bulb will recover, and the hair will grow again. After the procedure, special means are used to reduce skin irritation. 7 days after removal, moisturize and nourish the skin. For severe irritation or burns, use Bepanten ointment.
After the procedure, it is not recommended:
- Be in the sun for a long time or visit the solarium.
- Visit the sauna or bathhouse.
- Take medication.
- Remove crusts from burns.
The average cost of laser hair removal:
- Legs completely – from $ 136.
- Axillaries – from $ 20.
- Bikini area – from $ 34.
- Face – from $ 14.
- Hands – from 7000 time.
How to get rid of body hair forever – using the photoepilation method, which is considered the most effective way. During photoepilation, hair is removed using high-pulse light.
The melanin contained in the hair shaft and bulb absorbs light waves. The hair and the bulb are heated to a temperature of 167 – 176°F, as a result of this, the blood that feeds the follicles coagulates, depriving them of food. After this, the follicle dies, and the hair falls out.
Photoepilation has advantages:
- Universality. Removes hair of all types except gray hair.
- Large impact area, up to 5-6 square foot. inch.
- The result is noticeable after 2-3 procedures.
- High security method.
- Painless procedure.
- There is no ingrown hair.
- The minimum risk of infection, as the method eliminates contact with the skin.
- Short duration of the procedure, from 5 to 30 minutes.
- Suitable for removing hair from all parts of the body.
Photoepilation treats some skin diseases and pathologies:
Preparing for photoepilation is simple, it is enough to grow hair by 1/32 – 3/32 inch. On the day of the planned procedure, you do not need to use cosmetics. Long hairs are shaved 2-3 days before the procedure.
Hair does not need to be shaved if removal is carried out in the following areas:
- The back.
- The face.
The preparation of these parts of the body for depilation is carried out by the specialist who conducts it. 3 weeks before photoepilation, you should not sunbathe or visit the solarium. After a photoepilation session, you should not visit the bathhouse, sauna, pool. Take a hot bath, sunbathe and use tanning.
The results of this method will be noticeable after the first session, a complete course can eliminate unwanted vegetation forever or for a very long time.
How to get rid of body hair forever – this question has been asked by mankind since ancient times, the first mention of hair removal was found in chronicles of Ancient Egypt. Nefertiti removed hair using the method known today as shugaring. Mention of another method of bio-epilation – waxing, is also found in ancient Egyptian manuscripts and dates back to 1150 A.D.
The method of shugaring is based on the removal of hair with a paste made from sugar. The paste has the ability to penetrate deeper into the base of the hair follicles, so it can effectively remove hairs from 3/32 inch long. The method has absolute safety and hypoallergenicity, as it consists of natural products.
The principle of action is that the heated paste is kneaded and applied to the epilated area against hair growth. After the paste hardens, it is suddenly torn off in the direction of hair growth. Sugar mass for shugaring is easy to cook at home or buy ready-made.
Shugaring pastes are divided into 3 types:
|Soft||Has a consistency of honey. This type is most suitable for beginners who are engaged in hair removal at home.|
|Medium density||Effectively removes stiff hairs; depilation of hands and feet is more often used.|
|Thick||A paste of dense consistency is used for depilation in the bikini area and armpits, it is used to remove thick and hard hairs.|
Pasta recipe with lemon juice:
- Cook 8 tablespoon. sugar, 2 tablespoon. water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients and put on low heat.
- Stirring to a boil, make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a prepared container with cold water, add a little sugar syrup. The resulting ball should easily be flexed with your fingers, but not flow.
- Remove the syrup from the heat, and cool to a temperature of 37-38os. The paste is ready to use.
- Excess paste can be stored in the refrigerator, in a container with a tight lid. Heat in a microwave before use.
Shugaring has advantages:
- Safety. The low temperature of the paste eliminates burns.
- Skin care. Sugar paste not only removes hair, but also has an exfoliating effect.
- The method eliminates ingrown hair under the skin.
Preparation for the procedure:
- Do not use scrubs the day before the procedure.
- Do not sunbathe or visit the solarium.
- Do not use creams before the session.
- Cleanse the skin with soap. To dry.
- Apply talcum powder.
- Apply a paste against hair growth. Wait for the paste to solidify.
- With a sharp movement, remove the paste in the direction of hair growth.
- Treat the skin with an antiseptic.
After the shugaring procedure, the hair will not grow for 2-4 weeks. The hair in the armpits grows faster, and the removal procedure may be necessary after 2 weeks. In the bikini zone, repeated removal will be needed after 10-15 days. The cost of finished paste for shugaring – from $ 5,44.
- Bikini area – from $ 6,8.
- Axillaries – from $ 4,76.
- One hand – from 500 time.
- One leg – from $ 2,72.
With this method, the hair bulb is not destroyed, and only the hair shaft is removed. With this method, the hairs are removed along with the root. The degree of pain of the procedure will depend on the pain threshold.
Before the removal procedure, you need to carry out preliminary preparation:
- By the day of depilation, the length of the hairs should be 5/32 – 8/32 inch.
- 2-3 days before the date of the procedure, you need to cleanse the skin with a scrub, after which do not use nourishing or moisturizing agents, as they will create a protective film on the skin.
- Exclude chemical skin peeling a week before depilation and 10 days after epilation.
Waxing is divided into 3 types:
|Hot wax depilation||The procedure is designed to remove thick and coarse hair.|
|Waxing||It is used to remove thin hair.|
Cold hair removal
|Suitable for all skin types, removes thin hair|
You can remove hair at home with any kind of wax. To use solid wax in briquettes, you will need a wax, a wooden spatula and fabric napkins. For warm wax (melts in the microwave) you need cloth napkins and a spatula for applying wax.
Before using wax, an allergic reaction test should be done: apply a little melted wax to the bend of the arm, observe the reaction for 24 hours.
If there is no allergy, then you can proceed to the procedure:
- Melt the wax, prepare cloth napkins.
- Disinfect the skin and sprinkle with talcum powder.
- Apply wax with a spatula to hair growth.
- Apply wax to a tissue. To smooth.
- Wait for the wax to solidify, remove a napkin against hair growth.
- Treat with a disinfectant.
- To soften the skin, apply moisturizing or nourishing creams.
After depilation for 12 hours, do not sunbathe and swim. Within 48 hours to refuse visits to baths, saunas. To achieve absolutely smooth skin, 6-7 waxing procedures will be required. The smoothness of the skin will last 2-3 weeks. The interval between procedures should be at least 10 days.
Using wax depilation, regrowth hair will become thinner. It is recommended to use lotions and tonics that slow hair growth. The cost of wax for depilation of a bank with a volume of 0,6 – 0,8 pint from $ 5,44.
Price for waxing on average:
li>Hair on legs – from $ 8,16.
- Bikini area – from $ 6,8.
- Axillaries – from $ 3,4.
When choosing a method to remove hair from folk methods, it should be borne in mind that some components can cause allergic reactions or adversely affect skin health. Therefore, the selected product is first recommended to be tested on a small area of the skin in order to monitor the reaction.
If a rash, irritation, or burning sensation appears on the skin, this recipe should be discarded.
Potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate) is a simple and cheap way to remove hair, but it should be used with caution, since a high concentration of potassium permanganate in solution can lead to skin burns. Also, potassium permanganate can stain the skin.
Potassium permanganate in solution penetrates the hair follicles and burns them, as it is a strong oxidizing agent. The hairs fall out, after this procedure the hair grows much thinner and softer. It will take 1-3 months to permanently remove them.
- Dissolve crystals of potassium permanganate on the tip of a knife in a glass of warm water.
- Strain the solution, as undissolved crystals cause chemical burns.
- Wipe skin areas with unwanted hair with this solution.
This method removes hair on the legs and armpits, it is impossible to apply this method on the face, since the skin is very dry.
Ammonia, castor oil, iodine and alcohol are an effective folk way to remove hair, for it you need to mix the following components:
- Medical alcohol (vodka) – 70 gr.
- Ammonia – 10 gr.
- Iodine – 3 gr.
- Castor oil – 10 gr.
The resulting liquid has no color and does not stain the skin. You need to use it twice a day, rubbing the skin with unwanted hair. You need to do this daily until the hair stops growing.
“Rivanol” 1 is a simple and effective way, for it you will need to buy the drug “Rivanol” in a pharmacy at a concentration of 1: 1000. With this tool you need to wipe the skin with unwanted hair, daily 1 time per day. After 6-8 days, the hairs will begin to thin and fall out. “Rivanol” does not irritate the skin and does not cause burns.
The walnut shell will permanently remove unwanted vegetation. The shell is burned, and the ash is mixed with water until a thick slurry is obtained. This mixture must be applied to the epilated area of the skin and incubated for 15-25 minutes. For the best effect, walnut ash should be applied 3 times a day. The course of this method is 1 month.
The next method will require green, unripe grapes and lemon juice. Juice is squeezed out of a bunch of grapes and mixed with 1 tablespoon. lemon juice. This mixture is rubbed on areas of skin with unwanted hair. Grape juice slows hair growth and contributes to the destruction of the follicle, and lemon juice discolors the hairs and prevents skin irritation. Apply this mixture daily 1 time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Contraindications to hair removal
All varieties of hair removal are contraindicated in the following diseases:
- Infectious skin diseases.
- Oncological formations at the site of undesirable vegetation.
- Allergic reactions in the area of hair removal.
With caution, hair removal is performed for diseases:
- Psoriasis, eczema.
Chemical hair removal is not indicated in the case of:
- Intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Wounds, scratches.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Kidney disease.
- Lactation and pregnancy.
Mechanical hair removal is contraindicated in the case of:
- Infectious diseases.
- Inflammatory processes.
- Oncological diseases.
- Wounds, scratches.
Laser hair removal has the following contraindications:
- Period of pregnancy.
- Oncological diseases.
- Diseases causing skin pigmentation (vitiligo, melanosis).
- Taking antibiotics, antiviral and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Recent tan.
- Tattoos in the field of application of the method.
Photoepilation is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Infectious skin diseases.
- Heart diseases.
- Recent tan.
- Skin pigmentation.
Waxing has the following contraindications:
- Skin diseases.
- Allergy to wax and its components.
- Moles, warts.
- Scratches and cuts on the skin.
- The period of pregnancy and lactation.
- Autoimmune pathologies.
- Oncological formations.
Shugaring is not recommended in the following cases:
- Taking antibiotics.
- Viral diseases.
- Wounds, scratches.
- Infectious skin diseases.
How to slow down hair growth on the body, face
You can slow down hair growth with the help of inhibitors. Inhibitors are chemicals that contain active ingredients that slow down the function of the follicle, or partially destroy it.
Hair growth will be slowed by substances:
- Formic or phenolic acid.
- Extract of unripe walnut, hyacinth.
- Citrus essential oils.
Possible complications after hair removal
Complications after hair removal can be caused by inept procedure or non-compliance with the rules of preparation and preparation.
The most common negative consequences:
- Dehydration of the skin. You can fix this problem using moisturizers.
- Mechanical damage to the skin, with inaccurate use of machines – depilators, wax or sugar paste.
- Ingrown hairs under the skin.
- Burns. With the wrong method of laser hair removal, or after visiting a bath (sauna) after hair removal.
It is recommended that you choose the method of permanently getting rid of body hair for health reasons, since even medical hair removal and procedures (photoepilation, waxing) carried out by specialists have their contraindications.
Video on how to get rid of body hair
How to get rid of body hair, budget options: