The trend of puffy and sensual lips has become a kind of standard of beauty for the fair sex of the 21st century. The preferred majority of girls tend to increase the shape of the lips with the available methods provided by medicine and cosmetology.
- Ways to increase the volume and correction of the shape of the lips
- Contouring (Cheiloplasty)
- Indications for the procedure
- Lip care after cheiloplasty
- Surgical method of correction of shape and volume
- Contouring with fillers
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection
- Possible complications
- Recovery period
- The benefits of lipofilling
- Disadvantages and side effects
- Botox injections
- Liquid silicone in the lips using threads
- Lip augmentation video
Ways to increase the volume and correction of the shape of the lips
Based on physiological characteristics, not every girl who wants to meet the current standards of beauty has beautiful, plump lips.
In such cases, for local or visual lip augmentation, professional intervention is used, which implies both minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in the form of fillers with hyaluronic acid, and lip augmentation with plastic surgery.
The most popular, current and affordable at the present time are the following procedures:
- plastic surgery to change the shape and size;
- cheiloplasty fillers;
- hyaluronic acid fillers;
- the introduction of Botox to the lips;
- the use of liquid silicone thread;
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
The procedure is a plastic manipulation designed to change the size, contours and shape of the lips. Also, with its help, defects of the labial line, which can be both congenital and acquired, are eliminated.
For its carrying out there is no need to hospitalize the patient.
As injective drugs, several special substances can be used /
Which differ from each other in properties and timing of exposure:
- How to enlarge the lips with hyaluronic acid, modern cosmetologists have long known, because this method is the most common in contouring. Hyaluronic acid has an organic composition and practically does not cause an allergic reaction. The injective administration of the drug is quite painful, swelling after the procedure disappears in the shortest possible time.
- The safest way to contour plastic surgery is the introduction of the patient’s own adipose tissue, the collection of which occurs in certain areas of such parts of the body as the buttocks, thighs or abdomen.
- Use for injection own collagen that is extracted from the relevant parts of the patient’s body. Any allergic reactions are completely excluded.
- In addition to using your own collagen, it is possible to use this substance of animal origin, but in this embodiment there is a risk of an allergic reaction to the drug administered.
- Synthetic injections are used much less frequently than the methods listed above, since they often cause allergies in patients.
The introduction into the labial tissue of synthetic preparations or one’s own adipose tissue is characterized by a period of lip augmentation up to a year. When collagen is used, the effect lasts less than 3-4 months, using your own collagen gives a short-term result than using this substance of animal origin. As a result of the administration of such drugs, lips can be increased up to 30%.
Injections, both with hyaluronic acid and other drugs, are considered a minor surgical intervention, which lasts no more than 45 minutes, local anesthesia is used during the procedure.
At the injection site, redness and small swelling may form, which resolve within a few hours after the procedure. The final result is evaluated on the 3rd day after injection, when the injected substance is completely, evenly distributed over the entire surface of the lips and begins its effective effect. The rehabilitation period after the procedures is 3-5 days.
Indications for the procedure
The use of contouring has no age restrictions and is preferably used for the following purposes:
- lip asymmetry correction;
- increase or decrease in volume;
- raising the lowered corners of the lips;
- wrinkle removal;
- change in the shape of the lips.
Contour plastic does not apply:
- when the patient is pregnant or nursing;
- when skin diseases exist;
- weakened or sick immunity;
- lip skin damage;
- when the patient has recently used similar substances;
- an allergic reaction or complete non-perception of any component of the administered substance or anesthesia.
Lip care after cheiloplasty
After contour cheloplasty, the lips need careful care.
In most cases, such injections are accompanied by the appearance of minor edema, which disappear after 2-3 days.
The doctor’s recommendations should not be ignored, the following rules should be observed:
- 12 hours, after the procedure, it is strictly forbidden to apply makeup on the skin of the lips, if this action is absolutely necessary, the use of hypoallergenic drugs is allowed;
- avoid hypothermia and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 2-3 weeks after manipulation;
- regularly use moisturizers for the skin of the lips.
Surgical method of correction of shape and volume
To completely change the shape of the lips, resort to surgical reconstructive intervention in the form of plastic surgery. The procedure is characterized by excision of a specific area of the skin that is in the area of the lip, and subsequent introduction into the incision of the implant.
Indications for reconstructive plastic surgery are birth defects, also performed to eliminate such shortcomings as:
- filiform lips;
- “Cleft lip” or “cleft palate”;
- excessive exposure of the gums;
- benign formations, papillomas;
- cysts, fibromas;
- sagging of the lower lip;
- cicatricial and post-traumatic defects.
As implants, the use of:
- collagen plates;
- own fat;
- synthetic fillers.
Contraindications to performing reconstructive plastic surgery are:
- heart or vascular disease;
- blood clotting disorder;
- pregnancy and lactation period;
- chronic diseases during exacerbations;
- open wounds or recent damage to the lips.
The procedure for reconstructive plastic surgery has a preparatory stage.
At which qualified specialists must carry out the study:
- forms and structures of the patient’s lips, as well as examine her facial muscles;
- face shape;
- skin thickness;
- the general condition of all mucous membranes, as well as the bend line of the upper lip.
The cost of the operation depends on the level of complexity, and can vary from $ 544 – $ 1360.
The general complex for lip augmentation begins long before the procedure itself, since there are a number of requirements.
Which must be followed without fail in order to avoid further complications:
- complete cessation of smoking 2 weeks before and a month after completion of plastic surgery;
- exclude the use of drugs containing aspirin 2 weeks before plastic surgery;
- taking a bath in the evening before the procedure;
- immediately before the start of the procedure, exclude food intake;
- brush your teeth thoroughly and rinse your mouth.
After the operation, you must:
- relieve puffiness by applying ice to the site of surgical intervention;
- use special ointments or creams to treat the skin;
- eat preferably soft or liquid foods that do not need to be chewed actively;
- exclude sports and serious physical activity for 3 weeks after surgery;
- the first 6 months after the procedure, avoid direct sunlight on the skin of the lips.
The time for reconstructive plastic surgery varies within 1-2 hours. Local anesthetics, such as lidocaine, or intravenous anesthesia are used for pain relief. The procedure is quite simple: the surgeon makes several cuts, with the help of an implant sets the desired lip shape, and then carefully sutures the places of the cuts.
Such seams are cosmetic, absorb in a few days. When the procedure is completed, a sterile dressing is applied to the lips for several hours. The recovery period passes relatively quickly and without any special difficulties.
Within 1-2 weeks after the end of the procedure, the appearance on the lips is characteristic:
- numbness of the nerve endings of the skin of the lips, which causes a temporary loss of sensitivity;
- pain syndrome;
- feelings of tightened skin;
It is very important during this period to monitor the general state of health, in the event of a sharp jump in temperature, when chills or large swelling appears, you must immediately call an ambulance.
Possible complications are preferably expressed as:
- allergic reactions to anesthesia or implants;
- implant rejection processes;
- damage to the facial nerve due to medical error;
- infectious complications;
- scars that are corrected by reoperation, which is possible only after a year from the moment of this procedure.
Contouring with fillers
Contour plasty with fillers is the injective administration of the drugs listed above, preferably hyaluronic acid is used. Also, botox or adipose tissue (lipofilling) is injected with the help of a filler. Such substances are introduced into the deep skin layers with a thin needle, the execution of one procedure does not exceed half an hour.
Due to the fact that lidocaine is added to fillers for cheiloplasty, the injections pass without obvious pain. The period of action of fillers depends on what specific drug is selected for administration, therefore, the final result is recorded from 2 months to 2 years.
Using a filler with hyaluronic acid, you can both enlarge the lips and smooth wrinkles on the lips and around the mouth. In most clinics, the price of the procedure varies, the observed cost is from $ 150 – $ 245.
Hyaluronic acid fillers are characterized as monophasic or biphasic. The first species is considered safer than the second. Correction with monophasic fillers is 90% painless and does not require repeated procedures. Due to these qualities, manipulation is popular among people with a low pain threshold.
Also, a distinctive feature is considered 0 probability of the occurrence of infectious complications. If obvious visual flaws are found, they are simply smoothed out with your hands.
Indications for the use of fillers can be:
- the need for correction of lip asymmetry;
- the need to increase or decrease the volume;
- the implementation of raising the lowered corners of the lips;
- the need to eliminate wrinkles of varying degrees;
- change in the shape of the lips.
Contraindications are also standard for this category of cosmetic procedures:
- any duration of pregnancy, as well as breastfeeding;
- skin diseases in any form;
- mechanical or any other damage to the skin on the lips;
- use of similar drugs earlier;
- allergy to the drug or pain medication.
There is no recovery period, it is only necessary to adhere to the general recommendations of a cosmetologist only a few days:
- avoid serious physical exertion;
- Do not go to baths and saunas;
- no smoking;
- Do not use makeup for the first 12 hours after the procedure.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Hyaluronic Acid Injection
There are several ways to increase lips with hyaluronic acid – injections or external use. It is preferably used in fillers by injection. The effect after administration is not long-term, and therefore it is recommended that the procedure be repeated every 6 months.
The main indications for the use of hyaluronic acid injections are:
- rejuvenation of the skin of the lips;
- change in volume;
- change in the shape of the lips.
There are practically no contraindications to the use of hyaluronic acid, it is an exclusively natural substance, without any synthetic impurities.
At the end of the procedure, sometimes characteristic side effects occur that disappear in a short period, and therefore do not pose a specific danger.
Side effects are manifested in the form:
Rehabilitation after the procedure is not required, it is worth following some recommendations:
- 24 hours after manipulation, it is forbidden to contact the lips with any surface;
- drink as little as possible, and only liquid at room temperature, food to drink only liquid, and also room temperature;
- Water procedures are prohibited for 3 days, especially in a bath or sauna;
- For 3 days after manipulation, avoid physical exertion;
- take special drugs against inflammatory processes for 5 days after the manipulation;
- any cosmetic facial treatments are prohibited a week after administration.
Immediately after completion of cheiloplasty with fillers with hyaluronic acid, it is recommended that ice be applied to the lips in order to reduce hemorrhage and edema, as well as for faster restoration of the skin.
Such a method as lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid costs significantly higher than the use of other drugs, since the substance is a natural product. The price of the procedure can vary from $ 177 – $ 272, depending on the manufacturer and the reputation of the clinic in which the procedure will be carried out.
The principle of the lipofilling procedure is no different from the introduction of hyaluronic acid, the only difference is in the drug. Lipofilling involves injecting one’s own adipose tissue into the lips in order to give them a larger volume and natural color to the skin of the lips. After the procedure, the lips can increase by 35-50% of the initial size, while they will look as natural as possible.
The benefits of lipofilling
- the procedure does not cause allergies;
- change in lip shape and volume at the same time;
- injection is quite simple and quick;
- the appearance of a visually noticeable result upon completion of the procedure;
- natural appearance of the lips after the procedure.
Disadvantages and side effects
For 2 weeks before the proposed procedure, any mechanical effects on the lips should be avoided. Limit the use of makeup, do not drink alcohol and do not smoke.
The alleged disadvantages of lipofilling include:
- an allergic reaction to anesthetics;
- subsidence of the injected substance, which requires correction;
- the occurrence of asymmetry with an insufficient level of qualification of the doctor performing the injection;
- possible infectious complications.
These shortcomings are possible only when performing an increase by unqualified doctors or neglect of the procedure.
Indications for the use of this method of contour plastics is:
- correction of the asymmetric shape of the lips;
- skin rejuvenation;
- increase in volume and brightening the skin of the lips.
Since the introduced fat cells are a natural substance, such a procedure has no contraindications; there is also no special recovery period.
It is necessary to adhere to general recommendations:
- avoid direct exposure to sunlight on the skin of the lips;
- any physical exertion;
- baths, saunas or hot tubs.
In addition to the procedure, permanent lip tattooing is attached, which visually makes them as natural as possible. This service is in demand as it minimizes daily application of cosmetics. Before performing a tattoo, a consultation with a professional cosmetologist is mandatory.
Contraindications to lipofilling are the same as to other methods of contour cheloplasty, however, they are still subject to an age restriction. The procedure is contraindicated for girls under 25 years of age, since up to the indicated age there is a natural formation of body cells, and injections disrupt this process.
Fat cells, which are introduced during lipofilling, are quickly absorbed, therefore, the result remains for up to several years. If, however, resort to additional securing procedures characteristic of this method of increase, in the future it is possible to achieve lifelong consolidation of the result.
A method of lip augmentation with Botox injections is carried out in the same way as with another similar substance. For administration, a local anesthetic is used, and the procedure itself lasts no more than one hour. The effect of injections is observed immediately after manipulation, the result is recorded for 2-3 months or up to a year, after which a correction is performed.
Botox is a synthetic drug, it often causes allergic reactions, therefore, before deciding on such a procedure, appropriate tests are performed to exclude negative consequences. This substance is very toxic.
When properly proportioned, the skin is rejuvenated. Wrinkles, even very deep ones, are remarkably smoothed out due to weakening of the muscle tone of the lips and smoothing of the skin layers.
Indications for using Botox injections are:
- asymmetric lip shape;
- the presence of facial wrinkles in the mouth;
- when natural lips are too thin.
The introduction of Botox may be contraindicated in such cases:
- allergic reactions to botox;
- various blood diseases, including poor c
- diabetes mellitus in a patient;
- endocrine diseases in a patient;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- inflammatory processes and diseases in the patient;
- infectious and fungal diseases, especially with an exacerbated form.
The recovery period passes as quickly as possible, complications are observed not too often.
The main thing is to adhere to all recommendations:
- avoid physical activity 3-5 days after the procedure;
- take anti-inflammatory drugs;
- exclude solid foods that require active chewing;
- no smoking;
- Do not visit the bathhouse, sauna and do not take a hot bath the first week after the procedure.
The cost may vary depending on the level of the clinic where the procedure is planned. The approximate price varies from $ 68 – $ 204.
Liquid silicone in the lips using threads
The procedure for introducing liquid silicone into the lips using mesothread is designed to tighten the skin of the lips, which can sag due to aging. The introduction of liquid silicone is a complete plastic surgery.
This is justified by the process of performing the procedure:
- local anesthesia is used for input, which is applied to the place of operation as an anesthetic ointment;
- for the introduction, a sharpened, ultra-thin and flexible needle is used, which is used for microscopic puncture of the lip contour;
- in places of punctures in the contours of the lips, the thread is made of liquid silicone, thanks to these threads there is the formation of a 3-dimensional skeleton, which is subsequently surrounded by fibrous tissues that preserve the external natural appearance of the shape of the lips;
- Despite the fact that liquid silicone threads can dissolve after a year, the result that appeared at their expense is fixed for many years, due to the formation of collagen fibers in the lips.
The benefits of lip augmentation with liquid silicone threads include:
- easy transfer and minimal contraindications;
- the absence of allergic reactions due to the hypoallergenic properties of the threads;
- serious complications rarely occur;
- does not require a long rehabilitation period;
- fast and traceless healing of microscopic punctures;
- natural end result of the procedure;
- lack of age limit;
- the end result remains for many years, even after the dissolution of the threads;
- quick thread entry.
There are many varieties of liquid silicone threads. They differ in length and shape, cross-section and type of surface. Which in turn is flat, springy, like a pigtail, with a notch or spikes.
Threading is performed to accelerate the production of collagen directly at the injection site.
Indications for the introduction of silicone thread into the lips are:
- thin lips by nature;
- asymmetric lip contour;
- long-term increase in volume.
- any gestational age;
- any skin, infectious diseases, including with herpes;
- autoimmune diseases;
- scars and scars on the lips;
- the presence in the labial tissue of drugs of a similar effect;
- the presence of individual intolerance to the administered substance, or an allergy to local anesthesia.
Recovery is fast, standard recommendations for such procedures:
- the first day after injection, you need to limit the movement of the facial muscles, especially the lips, to not touch the lips, avoid contact with any surfaces;
- food intake should be minimized, eat only those foods that do not require chewing;
- it is forbidden to visit beaches, saunas, baths, tanning salons for 3 days;
- water procedures, the first day after manipulation, are strictly contraindicated;
- exclusion of physical activity 3 days;
- the first 2 days it is necessary to take anti-inflammatory and disinfectant drugs;
- the first week it is forbidden to perform physiotherapy and facial treatments;
Such a procedure can cost from $ 340 – $ 503.
There are many methods and techniques for lip augmentation and their shape, but injections of fillers with hyaluronic acid are the safest and most demanded today.
Lip augmentation video