The hair extension procedure is designed to give the hairstyle volume and increase the length. Hollywood technology allows hair extensions to look natural. It is harmless and has a long-term result.
- The essence of technology
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Who is suitable for
- Equipment and materials
- Build-up procedure
- Hollywood Short Hair Extensions
- How much is holding
- How to care for hair after the procedure
- How to remove Hollywood hair extensions
- After tress removal
- How much does the Hollywood extension cost
- Reviews on the network about the effectiveness of the procedure
- Hollywood Hair Extensions Video
The essence of technology
The method of hair extensions using this technology originated more than 10 years ago. She was invented to create lush hairstyles for movie actresses. Long and voluminous hair extensions quickly penetrated the masses, and the service became available in beauty salons.
The extension technology was improved in 2006 to make donor strands comfortable in everyday life. The inconvenient and noticeable tresses with which the strand was attached to natural hair were replaced with keratin capsules. These capsules have a miniature size, so they are not felt and do not stand out in the total mass of hair.
The result of the procedure looks natural, and donor strands do not cause inconvenience.
Hollywood technology is carried out using keratin capsules, but does not apply to hot techniques.
It has a number of distinctive features that distinguish the procedure among other building methods:
- When building, hot and cold technology is combined. This technique is unique. Its feature is the use of keratin capsules, as with hot building. However, their fastening occurs by the cold method. For this, an ultrasonic iron is used;
- unlike cold building, glue is not used during the procedure. This eliminates restrictions on hair color. On dark hair, adhesive capsules brighten, which makes them noticeable. Keratin capsules are selected based on the shade of natural hair;
- A distinctive feature of hot building is the safety of the procedure. When using hot forceps to attach keratin capsules, natural hair is exposed to high temperature. This leads to damage to their structure, which does not occur with ultrasonic exposure.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Advantages and disadvantages
|For this technology, only natural donor strands can be used. This allows you to achieve the most natural effect.||To carry out this building requires expensive equipment and materials, as well as the professionalism of the master. These factors determine the high cost of the service.|
|Ultrasonic fastening of capsules requires significantly less time, which reduces the duration of the procedure.||Correction of the extension takes longer than the procedure itself. Moreover, its cost is slightly lower.|
|There are no restrictions on the amount of donor strands used. The strength of the keratin capsule allows you to reliably fix any number of hairs.||On capsules, care products with nourishing and moisturizing components in the composition should not be applied in order to avoid their softening.|
|The absence of the heating stage of the capsule avoids overheating of natural hair. After removing the donor strands, natural hair will not be affected.|
|The reliability of fastening with ultrasound is much higher than that of other methods. Due to this, donor strands are not combed out during the entire period of socks, and also are not confused.|
|The strength and durability of the capsules allows you to extend the wear of donor strands and delay the correction. This saves on the procedure.|
|The microscopic size and lightness of the capsule makes it imperceptible. Color matching the natural shade of the hair allows you to achieve a natural result.|
|Ultrasonic waves have an accurate focus on the capsule. They do not interact with the structure of the hair.|
|For extended strands, complex care is not required. Hair can be tinted and dyed, as well as the temperature effects of styling devices.|
|The resistance of the capsules to temperature changes allows you not to refuse to visit the bath, solarium and pool.|
Who is suitable for
Hollywood hair extensions are suitable for those who:
- ready not to save on the procedure in order to get a high-quality result;
- wants to give the hairstyle volume and length for a long time, without worrying about the state of the capsules;
- Concerned about the condition of the hair, and wants to maintain their health;
- wants to achieve the most natural result;
- does not have a lot of time to go to the master;
- needs regular hair coloring, as well as the creation of hairstyles;
- visits the sauna, solarium or pool, and also often goes on vacation to the sea;
- wants to save time on styling;
- does not tolerate the discomfort that other varieties of hair extensions cause;
- Does not strive for a frequent change of image, wanting to get a long-term result.
Hollywood hair extension is a safe procedure, but this does not exclude the presence of contraindications:
- oncological diseases and a course of chemotherapy;
- chronic endogenous diseases leading to hair loss;
- fragility of natural hair;
- fungal diseases of the scalp;
- psoriasis and seborrhea;
- eczema and increased sensitivity of the scalp;
- vascular disease;
- chronic migraine;
- head injuries and headaches;
- the presence of open scratches, abrasions, as well as scars and bruises;
- taking drugs that affect the stability of the hormonal background;
- a course of antibacterial therapy;
- natural hair length less than 7’9 inch.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Equipment and materials
An ultrasound machine is used for the Hollywood extension procedure. The device allows you to set individual parameters. The master evaluates the structure, thickness and quality of the client’s hair, and then selects the power of ultrasonic waves. Thanks to this, it is possible to achieve a high level of security for natural hair.
In addition, for a quality build-up you need:
- keratin capsules, which allow you to fix the donor strand to natural. They are made of protein, which is part of the hair structure. Such capsules do not damage the structure of the hair, and also mimic their color;
- Slavic hair having the highest quality characteristics. This type of hair does not undergo chemical treatment to give shine. Slavic hair initially has a smooth structure and a radiant appearance. They do not change over time and can be reused for building;
- An analogue of Slavic hair can be European. They also do not lend themselves to heavy chemical processing, which is why they retain a silky texture. The term of use of this type of hair is slightly lower, but re-extension is possible. Such strands are cheaper.
Hollywood hair extensions cannot occur using South American or Asian hair. The quality of such strands is quite low. After chemical treatment, they acquire an artificial shine that is quickly washed away. Hair becomes dull and stiff. This leads to their confusion.
The procedure is carried out in several stages:
- The master first cleanses the hair with shampoo, and then thoroughly dries it.
- Small strands are alternately separated from the total mass of hair. For uniform extension, the master divides the hair with longitudinal partings.
- On each separated strand, a donor is attached using a keratin capsule. Melting of the capsule occurs when it is clamped with ultrasonic forceps. The master sets the time and power of the exposure based on the condition of natural hair. About 100 to 130 donor strands are usually sufficient to achieve the result.
- The procedure ends with styling in accordance with the wishes of the client.
The advantage of building on this technology is the speed of the procedure. Time depends on the volume of extension and density of natural hair, however, an experienced master will need no more than 2 hours.
The outdated technology of attaching strands by the weaving method is also divided into several steps:
- The master braids a braid from natural hair in the form of a longitudinal parting.
- With the help of a wax thread, donor strands are woven into a braid.
- Excess thread is removed.
This technology is also referred to as African American. With the advent of the latest ultrasound techniques, it has lost its relevance, and is currently practically not used.
Hollywood Short Hair Extensions
Extension according to Hollywood technology can be performed with a hair length of 7’9 inch or more. This restriction is necessary so that the result of the procedure looks natural. Shorter strands will not hide the attachment points of keratin capsules. At the same time, the property of the capsules to adapt to the color of the hair allows you to work out hard-to-reach areas. Extension can be performed in the parting area and temples.
Short hair extensions were made possible by the improvement of old technology. The method of weaving tresses into braids from natural hair did not allow to increase the length of short hair. This was the main disadvantage of the outdated methodology.
How much is holding
The duration of the wear of artificial strands is determined by the growth rate of natural hair. When the roots grow, the attachment points of the strands become noticeable, as well as difficulties with combing and washing the hair. Hair roots get confused, and rinsing them becomes more difficult due to poor accessibility.
Correction of the buildup will be required every 2 to 3 months. However, there is no need to purchase new donor strands. When using high-quality hair, they can be used repeatedly.
In addition, avoiding combing out strands will help compliance with simple rules:
- refusal to apply masks and conditioners to the attachment points of the strands
- refusal to use oils for hair roots;
- use of a comb with frequent cloves:
- minimization of actions with hair which can lead to their mechanical damage.
Hollywood hair extensions require correction when growing strands. Also, this service is necessary in case of damage and combing of strands with improper care to restore the appearance of the hairstyle. Scheduled correction is carried out every 2 – 3 months.
Correction of a Hollywood extension using an ultrasonic technique takes up to 4 hours. The complexity of the procedure lies in the need to remove the capsules with a solvent composition, and after they are reconnected to artificial strands. Only after that the master begins a new build-up.
The advantage of outdated technology is the speed of correction. To do this, you will need to braid the braids, and then braid them at the base of the hair roots.
How to care for hair after the procedure
For hair care after a Hollywood extension, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- combing hair with a wooden comb. It is desirable that the distance between the cloves is as far as possible. This will protect the
attachment points of donor strands from combing;
- Before washing the hair, untangle the knots by hand if they are formed, and then comb the hair. When washing, it is necessary to lower the head down and rinse it with a stream of shower;
- after the procedure, in the first 2 days, it is required to refrain from washing the hair;
- on the place of attachment of the strands, care products with a bold texture should not be applied.
How to remove Hollywood hair extensions
To remove keratin capsules, a professional emollient is used. It is applied to the capsule, after which its shell is easily affected. The master removes the capsule with forceps, and then comb out the keratin residues with a comb.
This procedure is painless and does not harm the hair. The chemical composition and forceps affect only the capsule. In time, it takes about 1 hour.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
After tress removal
Extension according to the Hollywood method does not damage the hair. However, donor strands exert increased pressure on the roots. The volume and weight of the hair increases, which can lead to weakening of the roots.
To strengthen them, you must use:
- oils that stimulate hair growth;
- strengthening serums;
- nourishing masks;
- restoring balms;
- shampoos with a mild detergent base.
How much does the Hollywood extension cost
The cost of the service in different salons is different. When choosing a master, one should rely not only on the price, but also evaluate his experience. It is advisable to find the site of the salon, where photos of the master’s works are presented.
The cost of the procedure is about $ 136. The price is due to the quality of materials for building, as well as the level of professionalism of the master. The higher cost also includes the level of service in the cabin. The correction price is on average 3 times lower.
Reviews on the network about the effectiveness of the procedure
On the Internet, mostly positive reviews are noted. Users note the smoothness and shine of hair extensions that do not get lost over time. Also, the advantage of this building is a simple care for the strands, which does not require restrictions in the usual life.
It is important that expensive strands can be used several times. Women appreciate the convenience and lightness, as well as the strong attachment of hair extensions. The modern Hollywood extension procedure is different from the previous technology. After improvement, this service has become the safest for hair, compared with similar procedures.
Posted by: Alena Lash
Hollywood Hair Extensions Video
Hollywood short hair extensions: