Natural blonde hair is the pride of their owner. Blondes rarely decide to radically change their image. But highlighting with dark strands will help to bring variety. This is a fashionable direction in dyeing, which allows you to darken the overall shade of the hair without repainting their entire volume or add some attention-getting details to the hairstyle.
- What does highlighting on fair hair look like with dark locks
- Features highlighting with dark strands
- Highlighting with dark locks on white hair
- Dark strands on light brown hair
- Dark strands on dark blond hair
- Dark locks on red hair
- On the grown roots with the addition of dark strands
- Cutting the bean with highlighting with dark strands
- Highlighting with dark bottom strands
- Large or thin strands to choose
- What technique to choose
- Staining sequence
- How to make at home
- With foil
- Through a hat
- With rubber bands
- Using a comb
- How to highlight on short hair
- Highlighting on fair hair with dark strands
- Video about highlighting blond hair
What does highlighting on fair hair look like with dark locks
A new trend in dyeing blonde hair emphasizes the individuality of a girl, her originality and originality. Dark strands due to the contrast of colors visually add volume to the hairstyle. It is possible to experiment with several close shades at once.
Highlighting on fair hair with dark locks can be performed with smooth transitions from one lock to another. It is important that the dyeing result looks natural, in harmony with the natural color of the hair.
You can use other staining techniques:
- start staining at the roots and move to the tips;
- darken several strands;
- make a circular dimming all over the head.
Features highlighting with dark strands
For dyeing the lock, experts recommend the use of ammonia-free compounds that do not penetrate deep into the hair structure and do not damage it. This is a plus of technology, but the main disadvantage follows from this – after some time the paint is washed off. On average, this happens after 3 months.
Highlighting with dark locks on white hair
The blond, diluted with dark locks, visually looks more saturated and bright. The contrast in the combination of colors allows you to focus on a separate part of the haircut, emphasizing it and making it play in a new way.
Experts recommend that when dark tinting on white hair, opt for dark blond, natural blond, chocolate, honey, light chestnut, and coffee shades.
These tones are well combined with each other and especially advantageously emphasize the natural naturalness of blond hair. The strands look more structured and crisp. The image becomes fresher and younger.
Popular among young owners of blond hair tinting in “rose quartz”. A delicate pink shade on white hair adds romance and tenderness, emphasizes the youth of the fashionista.
Dark strands on light brown hair
Fair-haired girls often believe that their natural hair color does not have the brightness they desire. However, it is this shade of hair that lends itself best to coloring and is combined with a huge palette of shades. Without changing dramatically, you can easily change the image, giving the image a new touch.
Highlighting on fair hair with dark locks when deviating the natural tone to light brown is recommended to be done using shades of a tone or 2 darker than natural. Dark blond, honey, light chestnut, caramel shades are suitable.
You can use several tones at once, creating smooth transitions of colors. An optimally selected combination of shades will only emphasize the beauty of the natural color.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Dark strands on dark blond hair
Chocolate and coffee colors, chestnuts and warm shades of cinnamon and caramel are well suited to emphasize a dark blond shade of hair. On a caramel background, dark and light locks are remarkably combined. Especially good, these harmonious overflows of colors emphasize the haircut cascade.
Cinnamon shades include a number of tones from copper to golden and blend perfectly with dark brown curls.
Dark locks on red hair
The structure of red hair is slightly different from the rest. Red hair has a large thickness, however, it remains quite fragile and porous. Highlighting on red hair will give them shine.
To darken the red locks, it is recommended to use warm coffee shades, cognac, dark red, walnut tones, deep copper. For a brighter extraordinary result, scarlet, copper and bright red shades are suitable.
When choosing a shade, the complexion and shape of the hairstyle should be considered. The main thing for red-haired girls is to preserve an unusual golden hue when staining so that the tone of hair so beautiful from nature does not turn into a dull, rust-giving color. It is also necessary to correctly choose the right care for colored hair.
On the grown roots with the addition of dark strands
With any hair coloring, after some time, a correction will be required. The hair growth rate is individual: for some, correction is necessary after 3-4 weeks, while for others, the hairstyle lasts up to 8-10 weeks. Highlighting on overgrown roots is a great opportunity to refresh the hair, avoiding the application of paint along the entire length of the strand.
Basal correction should repeat the color of the previous staining and not go over 0’4 inch beyond its border. To make the hairstyle look natural, and the border of the new dyeing is not traced clearly, the transition line does not need to be made even. Asymmetry gives the hairstyle a natural look.
Cutting the bean with highlighting with dark strands
Highlighting can easily revive a haircut, give originality and personality to a regular hairstyle. But for each hairstyle, different highlighting options are suitable.
Asymmetric bean goes well with contrast highlighting. Dark locks at the roots and lightened ends of the hair will add splendor to the hairstyle. Also on a short bob with torn ends, black and white highlighting looks great.
Long stylists recommend stylists refresh with ombre technique.
Highlighting with dark bottom strands
A distinctive feature of the Peek-a-Boo highlighting is that the lower part of the hairstyle is painted in dark or bright colors. Selected shades contrast with the main color of the hair and add volume to the hairstyle. When toning, bangs and the temporal part are distinguished. This technique is suitable for short haircuts.
Large or thin strands to choose
Before you begin highlighting, you should decide what kind of preference to give: rare or frequent, paint thin strands or larger ones.
The final result of painting depends on this:
- If the locks are thin, they should be painted over as often as possible, so the result will be clearly visible and more natural.
- Large strands sharply contrast with the bulk. This coloring allows you to achieve the desired visual volume with thin hair.
- The most daring, experimentally prone girls can try an interesting combination of large and small strands.
What technique to choose
Highlighting on fair hair with dark strands can be performed using one of the existing techniques.
Each variety has its own characteristics and distinctive features:
- “French” blonding has a visual, natural result. The edges of the color transition are smooth, since the dimming is done at 1 or a maximum of 3 tones.
- When staining ombre, the gradation of shades is pronounced and goes from darkening at the roots to a natural color in the middle of the hairstyle and bleached hair at the ends.
- With “classical” highlighting, a sequential alternation of light and dark curls occurs.
- Highlighting with dark roots is carried out by coloring thin strands indented from the roots by 0’4 – 1’2 inch. This technique differs from ombre in that individual strands are painted, and with ombre, all hair is dyed in several shades entirely.
- Highlighting with sequential use of two close shades of the same color, for example, a cold and warm spectrum.
- Veil highlighting is interesting because for staining a layer of hair is allocated not from above, but on the inner layer of the hairstyle. This technique looks good on haircuts that have a clear outline.
- When choosing the “glare” technique, the effect is very interesting and is especially suitable for girls with curly hair. An experienced stylist holds his hands with dye through undisturbed wavy hair, barely touching them.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
- At the first stage, the root zone and some individual strands are dyed in the darkest of the selected shades.
- Then, evenly selected some strands all over the head are painted with a shade of a tone lighter.
- The lightest of the selected shades is applied to the rest of the hair.
Depending on which final result it is desirable to achieve, the coloring of the selected strands is carried out in a strict order or randomly.
How to make at home
There are several ways to highlight on fair hair with dark strands. And they can be used at home. Having decided in favor of self-highlighting, you need to choose a method taking into account the length of the hair and the desired effect of the procedure.
This dyeing technique is simple and convenient, suitable for highlighting on long hair. Before dyeing, prepare foil strips 3’9 inch wide and at least 1’6 inch longer than hair. You can also purchase special foil for highlighting, already cut into strips of the desired width and a length of 11’8 inch.
- The hair is divided into 6-8 parts and fastened with a clip so as not to interfere.
- Staining should begin from the central lower part, moving up.
- When the central zone is stained, you need to process the side zones.
- Strands of the desired width are highlighted and placed on top of the foil.
- The coloring agent is carefully applied with a brush, 0’4 inch back from the roots.
- The foil is wrapped around the edges and fixed.
- The paint is aged on the hair the time necessary for a particular shade and is washed off.
- At the end of the procedure, a mask or balm should be applied to the curls.
Through a hat
This option is recommended for owners of short haircuts and is convenient for execution with home highlighting. The colored locks turn out smooth, it is possible to vary the frequency of the locks. A special hat is put on the head and, with the help of a hook or a comb with a thin tail, locks of hair are pushed out through the holes.
Considering which result is desired, the locks are threaded through one, several or all holes.
Paint is applied using a brush, the specified time is maintained and washed off. Rinse off without removing the cap. The cap should be removed only after removing the remnants of the composition from the hair. To make the transition smoother, it is recommended to rinse your hair with a tonic of the desired shade and apply a balm.
With rubber bands
The technique is good for curls of medium length. Due to the fact that at the roots the tone is darker than at the tips, this technique allows you to create the effect of “overgrown roots” and play with colors and concentration of shades.
Hair parting is divided into uniform zones and collected in ponytails. It is necessary to stock up on the right amount of gum. The tips of each ponytail are subject to coloring. The exposure time of the paint is determined in accordance with the recommended in the instructions.
Using a comb
The method is simple, but requires some skill, otherwise the result will be uneven.
The technology is as follows:
- Dry hair should be thoroughly combed so that the comb glides freely along the strands.
- The coloring composition is applied directly to the plastic comb (note that the result depends on the thickness of the comb).
- They are carried through their hair, not tearing away, from the roots to the ends.
- After some time, wash off the dye from the hair and treat the hair with balsam.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to highlight on short hair
There are special highlighting techniques suitable exclusively for short haircuts.
They are as follows:
- For cascading haircuts, it is best to do diagonal highlighting. For coloring, contrasting, but harmonizing with each other, shades are selected.
- You can colorize short strands using a hat, foil or an open method. It depends on the highlighting technique and the number of shades.
- Back tinting will give short hair lightness and add visual volume.
Highlighting on fair hair with dark strands
Advantages of dark highlighting blond hair:
- adds depth to the image and adds volume to the main color;
- does not require frequent correction;
- not all hair is exposed to dye;
- Due to the dark strands, the hairstyle becomes more structured and you can focus on a separate part of the haircut.
An unusual way of highlighting – with dark strands – allows girls with blond hair to give the hairstyle liveliness, personality. The advantage of this technique (which looks especially advantageous on blond hair) is the ability to mask gray strands.
Video about highlighting blond hair
Highlighting at home: