Excess fluid in the connective tissues of the body often causes swelling under the eyes. To eliminate this very unpleasant ailment, there are a number of cosmetic procedures. A tonic mask for edema under the eyes at home is a quick and effective way to eliminate such a delicate problem in the shortest possible time.
- Causes of edema under the eyes
- Principles of the fight against edema
- Rules for Using Eye Swelling Masks
- Cosmetics for edema
- Review of the best cosmetic masks for edema
- Folk recipes for edema
- Emergency mask
- Potato mask with lifting
- Mask with parsley
- Mask with cucumber
- Mask with birch infusion
- Mask with pumpkin
- Buckwheat mask
- Sage mask
- Mask with cabbage, clay and potatoes
- Oat mask
- Honey mask
- Melissa mask
- Mask with coffee
- Mask with starch
- Cucumber mask
- Mint leaf mask
- Milk mask
- Chocolate mask
- Tonic apple mask
- Egg mask
- Strawberry mask
- Ice mask
- Banana mask
- Mask for edema and wrinkles
- Eyelid Care Rules
- Beautician Tips
- Home Swelling Videos
Causes of edema under the eyes
Swelling under the eyes or “swelling of the eyes” implies a violation of the water-electrolyte balance in the body, which leads to fluid retention in the tissues.
The key factors leading to puffiness under the eyes are as follows:
- Inflammatory processes. Manifested in redness of the skin in the eye area, are accompanied by painful sensations when touching the inflamed area. Most often occur against the background of colds, barley or furunculosis. With such inflammation, the upper eyelid is mainly in the affected area.
- Allergic reactions. Swelling is often accompanied by an allergy that occurs when exposed to a number of external factors. In this case, a swelling of one eyelid occurs. Such edema passes as quickly as it begins. Often the causative agents of an allergic reaction are various medications, cosmetic products, food or pollen.
- Internal diseases of the body. Thyroid disease, pituitary, heart and vascular disease. All this leads to swelling of the eyes. Local inflammation occurs in the lower eyelid. If swelling is observed in the morning, then this indicates a violation of the kidneys. Puffiness, manifested during the evening, indicates heart failure.
- Disorders of the hormonal background. The excessive amount of estrogen produced before the onset of the menstrual cycle contributes to stagnation of fluid in the body, which subsequently leads to swelling.
Principles of the fight against edema
To eliminate puffiness, you should adhere to a number of such recommendations:
- checking cosmetics for tolerance;
- the use of cooling items for ever;
- finger massage from bottom to top using cosmetics;
- if swelling appears suddenly (if other home remedies do not bring benefits) immediately consult a specialist.
Rules for Using Eye Swelling Masks
Beauticians recommend adhering to several key rules for using masks.
- It is not recommended to remove or apply cosmetics with sharp movements or hard fiber sponges, this damages the epithelium around the eyes.
- Before using cosmetics, it is imperative to conduct testing, having previously applied a small amount of the product to the area in the wrist area.
- Means that are used to combat puffiness should always have a light and weightless consistency.
- Do not put the product on your eyelids with your hands, for this it is better to use a sponge or cotton pad.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Cosmetics for edema
The main cosmetic products that can be purchased in the mass market, without spending a large amount of money on this:
- Essential oils. To combat puffiness, essential oils derived from tea tree, jojoba and jasmine are suitable. Such products tone and refresh tired skin, increase its elasticity.
- Alginate masks. This tool smooths fine wrinkles well, evens out skin tone, deeply moisturizes and nourishes, and is also a necessary assistant in the fight against puffiness.
- Eye serum. Contains a vitamin complex, eliminates excessive puffiness, increases the overall tone of the skin.
- Cream gel with a cooling effect. Such a tool strengthens the walls of small vessels, improves blood circulation in them, fights well with swelling and dark circles under the eyes.
Review of the best cosmetic masks for edema
Swelling under the eyes can be eliminated by professional cosmetics.
A review of the masks was compiled by experts in the field of cosmetology and based on customer reviews on the Internet:
- Ondevie is a mask. A good helper in the fight against puffiness, ideal for mixed or combined skin types.
- Plazan – mask. A regenerating mask for edema under the eyes, which helps strengthen collagen fibers. It gives a moisturizing effect, which is so necessary for those whose skin has a tendency to dryness;
- Mijin is a fabric mask with the effect of green tea. Helps to improve blood microcirculation, suitable for girls with oily skin.
- Anskin is an alginate mask with the effect of green tea. It has a nourishing and tonic effect on the skin, eliminates puffiness. This mask is suitable for girls with skin prone to oily, and for the mixed type.
- Klorane – mask compress. Helps smooth wrinkles in the eye area, provides a clear contouring of the face, gives a refreshing look. This mask is perfect for owners of dry skin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Folk recipes for edema
The basis of folk recipes is a number of natural ingredients, decoctions of herbs, refreshing fruits and vegetables. With the help of such tools, it is easy to make home masks and compresses to eliminate puffiness around the eyes, which are not expensive and are in the arsenal of any housewife. The best ones are listed below.
Such a mask from edema under the eyes contributes to the immediate elimination of puffiness on the face, while triggering regenerative processes of the skin.
- 0,17 fluid ounce of chamomile flowers;
- 0,17 fluid ounce of cornflower flowers;
- 0,17 fluid ounce of lipflower;
- 0,17 fluid ounce large leaf green tea;
- sprig of mint;
- a glass of water.
Place the herbs in a small container with water, boil, leave for a quarter of an hour in a water bath, cool the broth obtained before use. Moisten cotton pads in a herbal broth and apply them for 7-10 minutes in the form of a compress.
Potato mask with lifting
Such a mask has an increased lifting effect. With constant use of the potato mask, microcirculation of the blood can be improved and small wrinkles eliminated.
- 1 small fresh potato.
Grind the pre-peeled potatoes in a blender, wrap the resulting composition in gauze napkins, which ultimately will give the effect of patches. Put the bags under the eyes for a quarter to half an hour, then wipe the skin of the eyelids with a decoction of green tea.
Mask with parsley
The mask from edema under the eyes quickly removes the swelling and eliminates the bags, replenishes the natural water balance.
- a bunch of parsley;
- Art. l sour cream.
Finely chop the pure parsley in advance, grind it to a liquid consistency, mix the resulting parsley juice with sour cream. Apply the finished composition in a dense layer under the eyes, after 40 minutes, rinse the mixture using a cotton pad.
Mask with cucumber
This mask has a tonic effect. It is quite simple to prepare and use.
- small cucumber
Grind the cucumber, spread the mass evenly on gauze strips and apply to the problem area for a quarter to half an hour.
Mask with birch infusion
This mask well removes traces of edema under the eyes, has a calming and tonic effect on the skin in the eyelids, has a cumulative effect.
- 100 g of birch buds;
The raw materials are placed in a container with cold water, the next day add grated potatoes. Leave the resulting mixture for a quarter to half an hour in the inflamed areas. At the end of the procedure, the mass should be washed off with a decoction of chamomile.
Mask with pumpkin
The mask successfully fights skin fatigue in the eye area. This tool is good to use in the summer, as the skin is more prone to dryness, and pumpkin provides the necessary hydration for the skin around the eyes.
- small pumpkin.
Grind the pumpkin, mix the resulting mixture with cucumber juice, leave the mixture under your eyes for a quarter to half an hour.
This mask compression type well eliminates puffiness. Buckwheat compress is a necessary assistant in the fight against fatigue of the skin around the eyes.
- 100 g of buckwheat;
- a small glass of water.
Grind buckwheat, add water to the pollen obtained, mix. Wrap gruel in marlechka and put under each eye. Leave the compress for 30-40 minutes.
This recipe also fights well with puffiness. Herbal masks are used in modern cosmetology and are the main ingredient in the manufacture of all cosmetics.
A mask with sage extract will have an immediate calming effect on swollen skin in the eye area.
- dry sage mixture 30 g;
- glass of water.
Add two tablespoon to a container of water, mix the composition, bring to a boil. Such a decoction is mainly used in a warm form. Cotton pads should be moistened and left in the eye area until completely dry.
Mask with cabbage, clay and potatoes
Mask – compress eliminates traces of dark s
pots under the eyes.
- sauerkraut 6 g;
- white clay;
- potato mass 6 g;
Mix the vegetable mixture, additionally adding clay to the formation of gruel. Leave the mass in the puffiness zone for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Swelling under the eyes quickly removes the composition based on oats. This option well removes traces of skin fatigue around the eyes, as it is the source of all the necessary and nutritious trace elements. The mask is famous for its immediate action and tonic effect.
- oatmeal 10 g;
- half a glass of milk.
Pour oatmeal with warm milk, wait until the mixture swells, leave the resulting composition in the puffiness zone for a quarter of an hour, rinse with warm water. To moisturize, you can use a cream.
This type of mask is suitable for owners of dry skin. The honey product has a cumulative effect, visibly tightens and moisturizes the skin.
- egg yolk;
- flower honey 5 g.
Add 5 g of flower honey to the egg yolk, mix the mixture, leave in the problem area for 10 – 15 minutes.
The mask is a compress, removes puffiness and gives the skin the necessary hydration.
And the ingredients:
- 50 g lemon balm;
- a slice of wheat bread.
Squeeze out Melis, so that the juice finally forms. Soak slices of bread in the resulting liquid and apply to the eye area for a quarter of an hour.
Mask with coffee
This mask well strengthens the skin of the eyelids and fights swelling.
- 10 g of yogurt;
- 5 g of ground coffee.
Mix coffee with yogurt. For application, you can use gauze or cotton pads. Leave the mixture for a quarter of an hour.
Mask with starch
This mask gently moisturizes the skin around the eyes and fills with all the nutrients that are so necessary for the natural process of restoring collagen fibers.
- rice starch 20 g;
- milk 5 g.
Stir the ingredients until gruel, apply to the skin around the eyes, leave to dry.
This product has a cooling effect. Cucumber mask is famous for its irreplaceable lifting effect.
- cucumber 2 cloves;
- 5 g sour cream.
Cut the cucumber into rings, spread slices with sour cream, wrap with gauze, put on eyes and leave for a quarter of an hour.
Mint leaf mask
The product provides a regenerative effect for the skin. The mint mask also has a pleasant smell and has a calming effect.
- 5 g mint leaves;
- 5 g of chamomile leaves.
Grind the components, steam in a water bath, moisten cotton pads in a decoction and leave for a quarter of an hour.
Swelling under the eyes is removed with a mixture based on milk. Such a composition well whitens the skin around the eyes, which is why it is widely used in SPA and beauty salons.
- milk 0,68 fluid ounce;
- cottage cheese 15 g.
Stir the ingredients, roll the balls and attach to the eyes.
Such a mask is an effective tool in the fight against puffiness. It fills the skin with nutrients, which contributes to radiance and a healthy look.
- 20 g of honey;
- 20 g of chocolate.
Melt the chocolate, add honey, mix the resulting mixture and apply to the area around the eyes.
Tonic apple mask
The tool has a cooling and tonic effect. Apple mask is suitable for all skin types and for all ages, easy to prepare and has an immediate effect.
- an Apple.
Chop the apple, apply the resulting slurry to the eyes.
Egg mask has a calming effect on the skin around the eyes. Yolk is another necessary component that is used in the preparation of any salon mask, as it whitens the skin well, without depriving it of moisture and necessary nutrients.
- egg yolk;
- 5 g of olive oil.
Mix the ingredients with each other, dip a cotton pad into the mixture and apply to the area in the eye area. Leave the product for a quarter of an hour, at the end – wipe the eyelids with a damp cloth.
Strawberry mask has a calming and cooling effect, and also improves microcirculation.
- 30 g of berries.
The berries are finely cut into slices and applied refrigerated to the skin around the eyes. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
Such a mask has a refreshing and tonic effect.
- chamomile broth 1,69 fluid ounce.
Put the resulting broth in the mold for freezing, leave it in the freezer. To get ready ice cubes and wipe the skin around the eyes.
The mask has a calming effect on the skin around the eyes. Also, banana extract is famous for its moisturizing effect and replenishes the necessary balance of nutrients.
- sour cream 30 g;
- bananas 50 g
Mix the ingredients with each other, crush the banana with a spoon until a porridge-like mass, leave the mixture under the eyes for a quarter of an hour.
Mask for edema and wrinkles
Such a mask is a great helper for aging skin of the eyelids. Beauticians recommend using the product for women older than 40 years. This mask against edema under the eyes has an accumulative effect and fights fine wrinkles well.
- sour cream 30 g;
- yogurt 30 g
Mix sour cream and yogurt to a uniform mass, leave the mixture in problem areas for 15 to 20 minutes every day.
Eyelid Care Rules
The appearance of puffiness and wrinkles on the skin can be delayed by following these recommendations:
- the first rule for eyelid skin care is the correct and delicate removal of cosmetics from this area;
- the second rule is the use of special cosmetics for skin care in the eye area;
- the third rule is a full 8-hour sleep.
According to experts in the field of cosmetology, there are a number of rules that should be followed to avoid puffiness under the eyes, preserve the skin of a well-groomed appearance and stimulate regenerative properties.
- limit spicy and salty foods;
- do not drink large amounts of water at bedtime;
- pay attention to proper nutrition and eating foods rich in vitamins;
- you should completely stop smoking and do not abuse alcohol.
You can apply nourishing masks for edema under the eyes from 22-25 years old. The more carefully skin care is carried out, the longer it will retain its beauty and youth.
Home Swelling Videos
The best homemade recipes for edema under the eyes:
5 ways to overcome swelling under the eyes at home: