To get beautiful curly curls, women find different ways – curls, curling on curlers, curling irons, etc. However, owners of naturally curly hair also make a lot of efforts when caring for them. Fashionable haircuts will help to add effect and completeness to a hairstyle on medium curly hair.
Features of curly curls:
- curly hair differs from straight hair in its structure: they are thinner, dry and porous;
- used products should contain nutritious and moisturizing components;
- To create a hairstyle requires a lot of time and effort, as the hair is naughty;
- curls are very susceptible to mechanical damage, heat treatment, as a result of this their ends are split;
- such hair is easily dyed, but aggressive dyes affect them strongly and negatively;
- when choosing a haircut, it is necessary to take into account the type of curls: strongly twisted spirals, curls or soft waves.
- What haircuts are suitable for thin and rare curly hair of medium length
- For thick and heavy curls
- Haircut options without styling
- Selection of haircuts according to face type
- Combination of wavy hair and bangs
- Options with bangs
- Medium curly hair
- Multilayer cascade
- Elongated Bob haircut
- Asymmetric haircuts
- If the hair is frizzy
- Features of styling curly hair
- Video: Haircuts for curly hair
What haircuts are suitable for thin and rare curly hair of medium length
Despite the fact that curly hair in any case looks more voluminous than straight, they are also thin and sparse. This may be due to genetics or be the result of age-related changes, prolonged use of medications, improper care.
For such cases, professionals recommend multilevel, multi-layer haircuts.
- Cascade – the hair is cut from the crown to the ends in layers, giving additional volume.
- Short flight of stairs – front hair cut in steps.
- Aurora – a voluminous crown is typical for this hairstyle, then – strands flowing in a cascade.
- Rhapsody – the hair retains its length, the layers are formed at an obtuse angle at a fairly large distance from each other.
- Italian – hair is cut on the sides and in the forehead, the same length remains on the back of the head.
- Graduated Bob haircut – hair is cut along the entire length.
Graduation and thinning on curly hair are invisible, but play a role in creating volume
For thick and heavy curls
The average length is considered optimal for heavy curly hair, multi-level haircuts – ladder, cascade, square, bean will be appropriate on them. Haircuts “cascade” and “ladder” are sometimes called “multi-layer bean.”
- classic (straight) – cut lines are performed clearly, the natural waviness of the hair will give volume and elegance;
- with a cap – an additional volume is formed on the crown;
- with and without bangs.
Bob haircut options:
- the hair on the back of the head is cut in steps, there is no parting line;
- elongated bean – the length of the hair does not change, the haircut can be done with smooth transitions or sharper from the back of the head to the front strands;
- bob-bob – in front, the haircut is identical to the bob, it rises more behind;
- asymmetric bean – a more daring version, curls are distributed unevenly, sometimes an uneven parting is done.
Haircut options without styling
Hairstyles for medium curly hair do not require much effort and time, because the modern fashion for hairstyles welcomes some randomness, naturalness, and “artistic negligence”.
Haircuts that do not require styling:
- Shag – air locks look great without styling;
- gavrosh – this haircut has a “salon memory”, its shape remains unchanged after washing your hair, sleeping or combing;
- cascade, ladder, bean, graduated square also do not require complex styling, it is enough to distribute a little foam or mousse with your hands through your hair;
- pixies – elongated, with graduation, with elongated bangs – styling will not cause much trouble.
Selection of haircuts according to face type
A correctly selected haircut can give the face more expressiveness, hide some “wrong” features.
To do this, you should familiarize yourself with the recommendations of stylists for choosing a haircut.
- Owners of a round face should choose hairstyles with a voluminous crown – this will visually lengthen it: cascade, ladder, square, bean.
- An oval face gives you more choice. You can afford asymmetry, shaved whiskey and other fantasies. Side curls frame and slightly round the face.
- Women with a full face should choose haircuts with an extended asymmetrical bang or parting. For this, haircuts cascade, rhapsody, classic square, elongated bean are suitable.
- Various bob haircut options fit to a tapered, triangular face.
- For a girl with a “square” face, the best option would be a graduated Bob haircut.
Combination of wavy hair and bangs
Haircuts for medium curly hair with bangs are quite common, however, bangs on curly hair have their own characteristics:
- when choosing a haircut, you should start from the structure of the hair and the type of curls (elastic curls, curls, waves);
- curly hair is often naughty, so it can be difficult to independently maintain the shape created by the master;
- bangs on such hair require special daily care;
- correctly selected and performed bangs structures the hair, hides minor imperfections of the face, can change its shape.
Options with bangs
A haircut on medium curly hair can look spectacular with a harmoniously matched bang:
- haircut cascade allows you to wear oblique and “ragged” fringe, in some cases it can simulate a short strand;
- straight bangs, weighting the appearance, is rarely used;
- a ladder with a bang is recommended for an oblong oval face, it looks more proportional;
- bangs for bob haircuts are suitable for any face shape, however, this hairstyle is better to give preference to wavy, but not very curly hair;
- a bob haircut is perfectly combined with any bangs: a slant will lengthen a round face, a straight line will smooth a square type, short or long will adjust the size of the forehead.
Medium curly hair
Caret is a universal haircut for any type of face and for any age, but it is important to choose the “your” option.
- The classic Bob haircut consists of straight lines, but on curly hair it also looks original and attractive.
- Graduated Bob haircut will suit chubby girls or smooth out the angular features of a square type. In these cases, graduation should begin with the chin line.
- Double care is recommended for thin hair – two layers will give the necessary volume.
Haircut cascade on wavy and curly hair looks especially impressive. Its characteristic feature is the increase in hair volume due to the many layers – the upper ones are shorter than the lower ones.
The cascade happens in different ways:
- cascade with smooth transitions, a large number of levels and milling;
- The “torn” cascade is also multi-stage, but the transitions are sharper;
- graduated – its feature is that the strands are cut
at an angle;
- voluminous curls along the cheekbones and cheeks will correct a narrow, elongated oval of the face;
- a uniform cascade with additional volume at the crown makes a round face harmonious;
- the cascade on medium curly hair is quite easy to style, in addition, it can be the basis of various hairstyles.
A multilayer or double cascade is characterized by a large number of layers. There are several varieties of it that differ from each other in different lengths of strands in different areas. Suitable for any type of face, but more preferred for wavy curls than for curls.
A short flight of stairs is a variant of a cascading haircut. Hair is removed in steps from the face to the back of the head. Looks great on wavy hair, with curly hair – it highlights the face and removes excess volume. Not recommended only to owners of a round face.
The bob haircut is universal – suitable for all face types and for all styles thanks to its many varieties.
Stylists offer a wide variety of hairstyles based on this haircut: elegant bean with a large curl, various waves, with accented locks (“wet hair” effect), curly “disheveled”, elongated, retro waves, textured (for a round face), inverted (for thick hair), with tangled curls and many others.
A characteristic feature of the bob-car are long strands in front of the head with a smooth or sharp transition.
- visually lengthens the neck and face (a good option for round and square type);
- suitable for both everyday clothes and evening dress;
- gives the impression of style, modernity, youth.
Elongated Bob haircut
Such a haircut allows you to wear loose hair or to collect them in various hairstyles. With the help of special products, the effect of “wet hair” or vertical perm is easily created.
For different types of faces, you can choose the optimal type of haircut and styling:
- a round face will look more oval if you lay the locks, making the bottom heavier, and make a side part;
- with a square type of face, the curls will fall, smoothing the corners;
- women with an oval face can afford torn curls, all kinds of bangs and other bold options.
Asymmetry still does not go out of fashion. This category includes haircuts with unequal hair lengths, shaved temples, oblique bangs, etc. Stylists prove that asymmetric haircuts look good even on curly hair, which may seem impossible.
The location of the strands of various lengths switches attention to facial features.
In this regard, stylists advise:
- parting and a long bang along the face visually stretch a round face;
- with a narrow face, asymmetry is done only on the sides;
- having wide cheekbones, asymmetry should be performed below them.
Asymmetric bean is a creative haircut, the effect of which is achieved by uneven distribution and length of curls (one side will be longer than the opposite), uneven parting, long bangs with a shaved nape. For fans of rock or youth subcultures, an inverted asymmetric bean is offered.
At the same time, other varieties of this haircut are suitable for women of any age, emphasizing the advantages of appearance and stopping shortcomings. It is important that all types of bangs are combined with these models.
Cutting a ladder allows you to do asymmetry in any area. These can be side curls of different lengths, asymmetric fringe, long front strands with short hair on the back of the head.
Asymmetric Bob haircut is performed both with a bang and without it. A characteristic feature is the different lengths of the strands bordering the face (the difference in length can be up to 3’9 inch). This bold option is suitable for both young girls and those who are older.
With the help of asymmetry, you can make any haircut original: a perky pixie, gavrosh with side strands of different lengths and torn or oblique bangs, shag. They always look stylish and young and do not require special styling.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Haircuts for medium curly hair sometimes have similar features. Aurora is the forerunner of a cascade haircut, but with smoother transitions.
The criteria by which you can choose an aurora haircut:
- ideal for fluffy hair;
- with small curls there may be problems with combing and styling;
- if the hair is weak and thin – it’s better not to keep the hair length, but to choose a shorter option;
- in addition to the owners of the classic oval of the face, the aurora will fit the face of a triangular type, as it frames its outline.
Shaggy haircut has some visual negligence.
Thanks to thinning and layering, it gives the hair an extra volume and can be combined with any style:
- on curly hair of medium length, the shaggy looks spectacular and fresh;
- levels run closer to the ends of the hair;
- locks along the face are graduated;
- a volume is created at the crown;
- there is almost always a bang, which for a round face is recommended to be made bilateral.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Classic gavrosh fits any face shape and hair of any type, wavy curls give it femininity and lyricism.
- a milled structure, an interesting play on the length of the strands, unusual bangs create an artistic mess on the head;
- confident and somewhat outrageous people choose the person, often complementing it with bold coloring;
- the hairstyle requires virtually no styling.
If the hair is frizzy
Curly hair requires special care, as it is usually thin and dry at the ends. Their owners experience problems with combing and styling.
To properly care for highly curly hair, it is worth listening to the recommendations of professionals:
- Of great importance is the choice of shampoo, which for curly hair should contain natural oils that contribute to their strengthening.
- Do not wash your hair too often, this contributes to the drying of the hair.
- After washing your hair, apply balm.
- It is better to comb curly hair with a comb with rare teeth, preferably wooden.
- To minimize the use of a hair dryer, ironing, curling, or use a spray for thermal protection.
- Once a week, make nourishing masks, use special tools to fix the hair.
- Lamination will improve curly hair, make it shiny and obedient. This procedure can be carried out at home.
- If you cut your curly hair with hot scissors, the tips will not cut off.
Particular attention should be paid to fluffy hair, for them there are also special tools. However, trichologists consider home-made masks to be the best drugs: a mask with burdock oil, from herbal decoction and glycerin, from essential oils, gelatin, and others. You need to use them twice a week.
Recommendations for choosing a haircut for highly curly hair:
- optimal length – medium, so that you can collect hair in a ponytail;
- bangs on curly hair will have to be straightened with an iron, it is better to choose the option without bangs;
- the best haircut for highly curly hair is a cascade, but not multi-layered; Do not bang when cutting a bob.
Features of styling curly hair
Curly hair should be laid wet until it is completely dry and curled on its own.
There are several ways to do this, for example:
- Using a hairdryer:
- after washing, comb the hair, apply styling;
- to form curls, squeezing hair with hands;
- blow dry with a diffuser nozzle, choosing a medium mode and tilting your head forward and to the sides.
- without hairdryer:
- dry the washed hair with a towel, apply the styling composition;
- massage, form curls with the palm of your hand;
- allow to dry, apply a little wax (only possible on the tips).
If you choose the right haircut for curly hair of medium length, and perform simple care and styling procedures, you can always have a stylish hairstyle with luxurious curls.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Video: Haircuts for curly hair
Short curly hair cut:
Cascade women haircut: