According to doctors, swimming is good for both adults and children. It contributes to the development of the musculoskeletal system, tones the muscles, develops the functioning of the joints, which improves posture and figure, which is especially important for women.
Swimming in ponds or a pool is recommended both for therapeutic purposes and as a preventive measure to maintain good health and a stable psychological state.
- The benefits of swimming in the pool for the female body
- Swimming for the spine
- Cardiovascular system
- Swimming in the physiotherapy treatment program
- Reducing the risk of developing diabetes when swimming
- The benefits of swimming for a figure
- Muscle effect
- Swimming for weight loss
- Help with asthma
- The effect of swimming on mood
- How swimming affects immunity
- Swimming in the pool during pregnancy
- How to swim in the pool
- Breaststroke Technique
- How to swim a crawl
- What style of swimming to choose
- Video about the benefits of swimming in the pool
The benefits of swimming in the pool for the female body
The benefits of swimming in the pool for women is that it is a good way to prevent and treat female diseases and problems.
Regular swimming classes:
- They prevent the occurrence of excess weight, which can provoke diseases of the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract and respiratory system.
- They allow you to get rid of cellulite, make the skin supple.
- Promote the formation of proper posture and make joints flexible.
- They help to cheer up and get rid of stress. Water is an excellent remedy for insomnia.
Swimming for the spine
Swimming helps not only to relax, but also to train muscles. For problems with the spine, water is an alternative way to treat and prevent diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In water, the load on the spine is reduced, which makes it possible to perform wellness exercises without discomfort.
- strengthen back muscles;
- remove pinched nerves and displacement of the intervertebral discs;
- correct posture, violations of which adversely affect the musculoskeletal and nervous system.
Swimming has a good effect on the cardiovascular system. It normalizes metabolism and improves stamina.
The benefits of classes:
- During classes in the pool, the swimmer is in a horizontal position. In this state, it is easier for the heart to push blood.
- When swimming, a person breathes deeply, and the muscles work actively. This allows you to remove stagnation of blood and lymph in the vessels.
- Swimming normalizes blood pressure.
- During swimming, heart function improves and the likelihood of premature wear decreases.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Swimming in the physiotherapy treatment program
Swimming increases the therapeutic and preventive benefits of physiotherapy, allowing you to achieve better results in the treatment of diseases. Swimming in the pool is prescribed before many physiotherapeutic procedures to facilitate better penetration of drugs into the body.
And swimming prescribed after physiotherapy helps to preserve the effect of drugs on the body.
Indications for visiting the pool in conjunction with physiotherapy:
- spinal problems;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- overweight problems;
- respiratory system diseases.
Reducing the risk of developing diabetes when swimming
People with diabetes should not give up physical activity.
The benefits of classes:
- Swimming helps control weight.
- Classes in the pool have a beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels, enrich the body with oxygen.
- All muscle groups are involved in swimming. As a result, they actively use glucose, reducing its concentration in the blood.
To avoid changes in blood sugar, you should always carry medicines and a medical bracelet with you.
After swimming, hunger often appears, so you should take with you to workout products that are allowed for a snack.
The benefits of swimming for a figure
The benefits of swimming in a pool for women are due to the fact that many muscle groups are involved, which perfectly affects the figure:
- waist volume decreases;
- tightens the inner side of the hips;
- manifestations of cellulite are reduced;
- muscles of the shoulder girdle are strengthened, which helps to improve posture;
- muscles of the breast develop, as a result of which it becomes more elastic.
After giving birth, a woman can improve her figure by visiting the pool 2-3 times a week.
During swimming, the muscles alternately tighten and relax, which allows them to strengthen. The muscles of the shoulder girdle, legs and arms are tensed the most. Swimming styles develop different muscle groups.
Therefore, when choosing a technique, you can choose which muscles the swimmer wants to strengthen more:
- with breaststroke, the back and hips are actively involved;
- while swimming butterfly stroke muscles of the abs, arms and legs. Oblique muscles also develop on the abdomen;
- if a person swims freestyle, the load goes to the broadest muscles of the back and arms;
- while swimming on the back, the muscles of the back and abdomen are most active;
- with a rabbit, almost all muscles are involved, but a large load is placed on the shoulders.
The best option is the alternation of styles. It will strengthen the muscles of the whole body.
Swimming for weight loss
The benefits of swimming in the pool for women are due to the fact that water exercises accelerate the metabolism, which contributes to weight loss. For 60 minutes of active swimming, a woman burns about 400-500 calories. This is almost 2 times more than when doing fitness or during exercise on simulators.
Swimming not only contributes to weight loss, but also helps to increase endurance. Unlike, for example, running, this sport reduces the load on the spine and joints, which is its advantage when choosing physical activity for weight loss.
To increase the effectiveness of training, it is recommended to learn different swimming techniques. This will help to w
ork out different muscles as much as possible. The temperature in the pool should not exceed 35,6 – 46,4°F – more energy is spent in cool water, so the body will spend more calories to heat the body.
To achieve the result, the pool must be visited 3-4 times a week. However, losing weight is a long and painstaking process that requires an integrated approach.
Help with asthma
Swimming has a beneficial effect on people with asthma, due to:
- ventilation of the lungs during proper breathing, necessary during training;
- saturation of cells with oxygen;
- an increase in lung volume.
As a result of regular training in the pool, patients with asthma minimize the risk of cramping and suffocation.
The effect of swimming on mood
Swimming helps to relax and helps relieve stress. Classes in the evening eliminate fatigue accumulated during the day, and help to establish a sleep pattern.
During swimming, endorphins (hormones of joy and pleasure) are produced in the brain, which contribute to improving mood and increasing performance.
How swimming affects immunity
The pool is an excellent means of preventing colds. Training helps strengthen immunity and improves blood flow, and the difference in temperature of water and air adapts the body to changes in the environment, tempering the body.
To prevent colds while visiting the pool, you should adhere to the following recommendations:
- It is necessary to move intensively in water so as not to freeze.
- So that the body gets used to temperature changes, the first visits to the pool should be limited to 20-25 minutes. Gradually, time can be increased to an hour.
- After bathing, you need to dry yourself well and dry your hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Swimming in the pool during pregnancy
Swimming in the pool is one of the most rewarding activities for pregnant women.
It is advisable to start swimming lessons after 12 weeks, and you can continue until the end of pregnancy.
Swimming has a positive effect on the well-being of mothers and children. With incorrect presentation of the fetus, a woman can perform special exercises in the pool that will help change the position of the child from the pelvic to the head.
The benefits of classes:
- In the water, the muscles of the back relax, the load on the spine decreases. This helps to relieve lower back pain.
- Classes in the pool allow the expectant mother to prepare for childbirth. During swimming, a woman begins to breathe deeper.
- Air retention during diving also prepares the baby for childbirth, during which the flow of oxygen to the fetus decreases.
- Swimming is a great way to prevent extra pounds, which add to the load on the body of the future mother.
- Training has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. The pregnant woman normalizes blood pressure, edema passes.
- In the water a woman calms down, forgets about the problems. As a result, her mood improves.
Before you go to the pool, you must always consult a gynecologist.
- If a woman cannot swim, she can just walk in the water or do useful exercises.
- In the process of swimming you need to breathe correctly. The pregnant woman should not swim quickly, it is better to choose a moderate pace. During classes, you need to take breaks.
- Pool water should not be colder than 37,4 – 32°F. Pregnant can be carried out in water no more than 25-30 minutes.
How to swim in the pool
An important role during swimming is proper breathing. You need to breathe through the mouth, not through the nose. To achieve better results, it is better to use all styles alternately – then the load will be evenly distributed across all muscle groups. Do not forget about the breaks between classes, which are an important element of a successful workout.
There are 5 basic swimming techniques:
Someone is fluent in all styles, while others prefer a specific swimming technique.
The technique of swimming the breaststroke resembles the movement of a frog in the water. Hands move from the chest and back, dissecting the water surface. The palms should be straight and fingers closed. Swimming speed depends on the movement of the legs. The stronger the push, the higher the speed of sliding on the water. Inhalation is through the mouth when raising the head. Exhalation is done under water.
Breaststroke requires the least effort, however, this is the slowest swimming style.
When swimming on the back, unlike other styles, you can take air at any time. Hands are on opposite sides, replacing each other: one below the body and the other above the head. The work of the hands resembles the movement of a mill. The legs move up and down due to the applied effort by the thigh muscles.
How to swim a crawl
The fastest swimming style. The crawl technique is similar to backstroke. Only the starting position is different: the swimmer is on his chest. The actions of the upper and lower extremities complement each other, which makes it possible to develop high speed.
During the slide, the body turns slightly so that the swimmer can breathe air. The head looks down, and when inhaled – sideways.
Butterfly stroke is one of the most difficult and tedious swimming styles. Hands move sweeping, like butterfly wings.
The legs perform a wave-like movement. The actions of the lower extremities allow you to raise the chest above the water.
What style of swimming to choose
|Butterfly||This style requires the most energy, which contributes to effective weight loss.|
Swimming in a pool or in reservoirs is extremely useful for the female body, as it strengthens not only the muscles, but also allows you to bring the figure in order. It has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, respiratory system, helps to improve mood and increase immunity, and helps prevent chronic diseases.
Video about the benefits of swimming in the pool
The program about which health problems will help solve swimming: