A healthy lifestyle has become popular, many girls strive for an ideal figure, eating right and going to the gym. Most do not pay enough attention to the muscles of the chest, and in vain. After all, the bench press of dumbbells lying on the bench is as important an exercise for girls as squats.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
- Dumbbell bench press for women: the goal of training
- How to use the angle of the bench
- Bench press on an inclined bench at an angle of 30 degrees
- 40 Degree Bench Press
- Tight grip bench press
- Fat Burning Press Technique
- Bench Press Technique
- Technique for burning fat and increasing pectoral muscle mass
- Dumbbell Wiring
- Dumbbell bench press with a narrow parallel grip
- Dumbbell bench press with supination and pronation
- Dumbbell bench press alternately
- Dumbbell bench press for girls on a horizontal bench
- Dumbbell bench press on reverse, negative tilt down
- Positive Dumbbell Bench Press
- Tips from professionals: how to improve your workout
- Video on how to press dumbbell lying on a bench for girls
Dumbbell bench press for women: the goal of training
The bench press of dumbbells lying on the bench is the basis of basic exercises in bodybuilding. It is available in all gyms, where there is a bench with tilt adjustment and regular dumbbells. The main thing is to follow the correct execution technique for the result to appear.
The following muscles are involved in the bench press with dumbbells:
- pectoralis major muscle – it raises and brings the elbows;
- pectoralis minor muscle spreads the scapula;
- the deltoid muscle provides movement of the upper arm;
- triceps of the shoulder helps to straighten the elbow.
A large role is played not only by the working muscles, but also by the stabilizing muscles. These muscles do not directly help in lifting dumbbells, but regulate the functioning of the main muscles.
The stabilizing muscles are:
- shoulder joint, muscles that rotate the shoulder;
- the lower part of the trapezius muscle;
- latissimus dorsi.
They begin to practice the exercises in order to work out the pectoral muscles and increase their performance. In everyday life, especially in girls, these muscles are little involved and lose their tone. To achieve aesthetic proportions of the body, it is important to master the technique of bench press dumbbells.
The results appear after 1-2 months with regular training 2-3 times a week. If you don’t have time to visit the gym, some bench press exercises can be performed at home.
The integral factors affecting the increase in the effect of training are:
- sleep mode – it is important when recovering muscles after heavy physical exertion;
- proper nutrition – it is important not to starve, but to eat 5-6 times a day, but to exclude fast carbohydrates and trans fats.
If these points are not observed, achieving the result will be several times more difficult.
How to use the angle of the bench
Perform bench press in most cases is performed in a horizontal position. Inclined benches often remain empty, as the effect of the exercise on them is underestimated.
The dumbbell bench press lying on the bench seems to be something useless for the girls, especially at an angle of inclination. But the inclination of the bench allows you to more effectively work out the pectoral muscles and engage the rest.
There are several options for tilting the bench for a dumbbell bench press:
- Negative. In another way it is also called “reverse or head down.” This type of tilt is used to work out the expressive lower part of the pectoral muscles. For girls, it is especially useful, as it allows you to tighten the chest and decollete line. Also, when performing exercises with a negative slope, the performance in an ordinary bench press improves. The correct technique allows you to remove a significant load from the shoulder joint.
- Positive. This angle of inclination involves the upper pectoralis major muscles, improves their balance and shape. Moreover, in the bench press with a positive slope, the pectoralis minor muscle, triceps and anterior deltoid muscle are involved, which allows you to strengthen several muscle groups at the same time.
It is important to alternate the dumbbell bench press on an inclined bench with the classic bench press in a horizontal position, for deep study of the muscle group. If you perform the bench press only on a horizontal bench, then the indicators will grow more slowly, and the shape of the pectoral muscle will be slightly flat. Also, a lot depends on the level of the slope, since both the positive and negative angle can be adjusted.
Bench press on an inclined bench at an angle of 30 degrees
When doing the bench press on an inclined bench at an angle of 30 °, the chest, triceps and front delta work.
The principle of implementation:
- In the initial position, it is necessary to lie on the bench, pressing the lower back and buttocks tightly to it. The feet are firmly on the floor.
- On inspiration, the projectile lowers until the forearms are parallel to the floor.
- On exhalation, the projectile rises to its original position.
It is important to observe several rules: not to allow collisions of dumbbells at the highest point, not to bend the lower back. The number of repetitions for girls is 10-15 if the weight of the projectile is from 9 -13 pounds.
40 Degree Bench Press
The dumbbell bench press lying on a bench for girls at an angle of 40 ° differs from the previous exercise in that the shoulder joints work more. If it is necessary to achieve the development of muscles of the shoulders and chest, you need to increase the incline of the bench.
The principle of execution coincides with the bench press at an angle of 30 °. It is not recommended to set the angle of the bench to more than 40 °, since in this case only the shoulders will be involved.
Tight grip bench press
When performing a bench press with a narrow grip, the triceps muscles and the triceps muscle of the shoulder are mainly involved.
Execution technique :
- In the initial position, it is necessary to lie on your back, lower back pressed to the bench. Hands are located on the bar already shoulder width.
- On inspiration, the bar drops to the chest; elbows cannot be taken far from the body.
- On exhalation, the projectile returns to its original position.
To achieve the best result, it is important:
- Do not ex
tend elbows to the end at the highest point;
- lowering the bar to the chest should be twice as slow as lifting to its original position;
- elbows move along the body.
Fat Burning Press Technique
Dumbbell bench press on a bench for girls is a great way to reduce the percentage of fat in the body. When you save the execution methodology, several requirements are added.
The main ones are:
- The nature of the workout. To reduce adipose tissue, you can use the style of pumping or circular training. Pamping involves the press of dumbbells of small weight for the maximum number of repetitions (from 12 to 25). In a circular training session, the dumbbell press is performed in several ways, but the exercises follow one after another, without interruption. At the end of the cycle, rest is no more than 3 minutes.
- Proper nutrition. Without observing the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates 30/10/60, subcutaneous fat will not decrease.
A feature of the press technique for burning fat is important that there is a large expenditure of energy that the body draws from fat stores.
Bench Press Technique
The barbell or dumbbell bench press is often used by experienced athletes to gain muscle mass. In order for the exercise to achieve its goal, it is necessary to comply with generally established rules.
The basic rules include:
- the number of repetitions is minimized, while the weight of the projectile is set to the maximum possible;
- increase in the number of approaches from 7 to 10;
- a large range of movements, hands should cover a greater distance, then the muscles will be in maximum tension;
- speed should be low.
When all the rules are followed, the involved muscle fibers break and they begin to grow.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Technique for burning fat and increasing pectoral muscle mass
Many people want to lose weight without losing muscle mass and attractiveness of their body.
This can be done by following simple tips:
- The bench press technique should combine both repetitive exercises and work with large weights. Such a load allows you to increase the mass of the pectoral muscles, while reducing the fat layer, since a large number of repetitions is performed due to carbohydrate, and a small one due to proteins.
- Aerobic exercises should be added to strength exercises – walking, running, jumping rope.
- Basic strength exercises for various muscle groups cannot be ruled out, it is they that contribute to the burning of fat throughout the body.
An increase in muscle mass does not always entail a significant increase in weight. With the right technique, you can combine muscle gain and weight loss.
- in the initial position it is necessary to lie down on a bench and squeeze the lower back, arms with a shell bent at the elbows;
- dumbbells are pulled apart, while the angle in the elbow joint decreases on inspiration;
- on exhalation, the arms with the shell return to their original position.
It is important when doing the exercise not to bend your elbows strongly when breeding to the sides. It is also necessary to monitor the position of the lower back.
Dumbbell bench press with a narrow parallel grip
When pressing dumbbells with a narrow parallel grip, the muscles of the chest, back and triceps work.
- in the initial position, the athlete lays on a bench and presses his lower back tightly, hands with a shell unfolds his palms to each other at a width already shoulders;
- on inhalation, the arms lower to a 90 ° angle with the forearm;
- on exhalation, the dumbbells are pushed out by the pectoral muscles, the arms return to their original position.
Dumbbell bench press with supination and pronation
The dumbbell bench press with supination and pronation allows you to get all the benefits from an exercise with dumbbells.
The order of the exercises:
- When performing a bench press with supination, the initial position is maintained as with a conventional bench press lying on a horizontal bench. When raising your hands while inhaling, you need to turn your palms towards each other. The rotation is not done at the expense of the wrist, but with the help of the elbow joint.
- When pressing dumbbells with pronation, everything is done the opposite: in the initial position, the palms look at each other, and at the top point they are facing forward.
To achieve the greatest result, it is necessary to reduce the shoulder blades and straighten the chest.
Dumbbell bench press alternately
This type of bench press can be performed on a straight bench or on a bench with a slope. Exercise allows you to work out the left and right chest separately.
How to do the exercise:
- for the starting position it is necessary to lie on a bench and take your arms to the sides at an angle of 90 °, elbows facing the floor;
- on inspiration, the right hand rises;
- on exhalation, the right hand descends to its original position;
- on a second breath, the same thing is done with the left hand;
- as you exhal
e, both hands return to their original position.
Dumbbell bench press for girls on a horizontal bench
Dumbbell bench press lying on a bench without a tilt is a great way to build strength and quality of the muscles of the chest.
How to do the exercise:
- in the initial position it is necessary to lie down on a bench, tightly fixing the lower back, arms with a shell are spread apart at right angles, elbows are directed to the floor;
- on inspiration a pushing movement is made and the dumbbells come together, but do not collide;
- when exhaling, you must return to the original position.
Dumbbell bench press on reverse, negative tilt down
The dumbbell bench press on a bench with a negative slope is also called the bench press with a reverse slope or tilt down. With this type of bench press, the lower chest and triceps work.
- for the initial position, the bench is lowered down, it is necessary to lie down so that the head is below the torso, legs are brought under the fixing rollers, hands hold dumbbells shoulder-width apart;
- on inspiration, dumbbells fall to the lower part of the chest, elbows not to be taken far from the body;
- on exhalation, the arms return the projectile to the width of the shoulders.
Dumbbell bench press lying on a bench with a negative slope is very useful for girls, as it helps to tighten the chest, giving it elasticity and the formation of aesthetic forms.
Positive Dumbbell Bench Press
The dumbbell bench press on a bench with a positive slope suggests that the torso is raised up at a certain angle. The standard angle of the incline bench is 30–40 °. It does not make sense to establish a larger angle, since the load will transfer completely from the chest to the shoulders.
The dumbbell bench press on a bench with a positive slope is suitable for those who have the experience of a classic bench press. A positive slope allows you to work out the muscles of the chest, along with triceps and delta.
- in the initial position it is necessary to lie on a bench with a slope, legs pressed to the floor, hands holding dumbbells shoulder-width apart;
- on inspiration, dumbbells fall below the chest line, elbows not to be taken far from the body;
- on exhalation, the arms again fall to the width of the shoulders.
Tips from professionals: how to improve your workout
Many experienced athletes note that the effectiveness of training directly depends on how correctly the basic generally established training rules are followed.
The rules are as follows:
- Technique of execution. If the exercise is performed with technical errors, then the result will be 0, since the muscles will not be properly involved in the work. It is not only useless, but also not safe. With the wrong technique, injuries and damage to the joints are possible. In order to supply the right equipment, it is advisable to use the services of a professional trainer at the initial stage.
- The regularity of training. It is important to observe the regimen of visiting the gym, as long breaks minimize the result and you have to start all over again.
- Recovery. Excessive constant loads for the body are just as harmful as lack of activity. Training should be completed by recovery, that is, sleep for at least 8 hours. It is important to take breaks of no more than 3 days between workouts. Once every 6 months it is recommended to take a two-week rest. For recovery, it is also important to eat right, include more protein and fiber in the diet, which contribute to muscle growth.
- Keeping an exercise diary. This technique promotes self-monitoring and tracking progress in training. In the diary, you can mark the training calendar, strength indicators, duration of exercise and weight.
The bench press of dumbbells lying on the bench is a great way for girls to develop the strength and endurance of the body, increase the percentage of muscles in the body. Also, the press helps to lose weight or gain muscle mass, depending on the chosen technique.
Video on how to press dumbbell lying on a bench for girls
Dumbbell bench press on an incline bench: the right technique and common mistakes:
Video lesson how to perform a bench press with dumbbells lying at an angle: