To achieve the goal of mass gain, girls need to draw up and adhere to a training program so that they can attend sports 3 times a week.
- Features of the training program for girls 3 times a week
- Introductory period for beginners
- Base period
- Nutrition during weight training
- Warm up exercises
- 2 weekly training options
- Strength boost
- Is insulating exercise necessary
- Rest between sets
- Supplements Recommended for Weight Training
- What to do if there is no result
- Sleeping mode
- Video training programs 3 and 2 times a week for girls
Features of the training program for girls 3 times a week
The training program, which is designed 3 times a week, is most suitable for weight gain. Moreover, exercises for the fair sex are slightly different from men’s occupations. Unlike women’s training, men’s exercises are performed with frequent approaches and an increased number of repetitions.
During the week, you can change the schedule of visits to the gym. The only moment – it is recommended that classes be held every other day so that the body can adapt and relax.
The gym is allowed to be replaced with group exercises once a week. Also, gynecologists recommend abandoning training in the first days of the menstrual cycle, because the body is currently experiencing a stressful situation, and a pass of 2-3 days will not affect the physical condition of the girl. The training itself can be built in different ways.
Some experts recommend working out the whole body in one session, while others recommend focusing on only a few muscle groups. But, in any case, it is advisable for beginners to choose those programs that are aimed at the whole body at the initial level, since such training can help to dry out faster.
Introductory period for beginners
Beginners in the field of weight gain are very difficult. The introductory period is necessary for the full adaptation of the body to the loads and the recommended type of nutrition. The duration of the adaptation process for each girl is individual (some take 3-4 months, while others need 6 months of grueling training).
In fact, it all depends not only on the level of preparedness of the body, but also on the technique of performing the exercises (you can do 30 squats, which will not bring any benefit, but you can do the right 10 squats, from which the muscles will “burn”). During this period, you need to establish a dream and start eating right.
Girls are recommended to alternate strength training with cardio. In this case, do not forget about the rest between sets (the optimal recovery time is 30-60 seconds).
An example of training for a novice athlete:
- Classic squats – 15 times.
- Plie squats – 5 times.
- Squats “Sumo” – 5 times.
- Push-ups from the floor – 3 cycles of 6-8 times.
- Deadlift on the legs – 3 cycles of 4-6 times.
- Plank – 20-30 seconds.
- Press – 20 times.
This training in time will take less than 20 minutes a day, but thanks to these exercises, you can easily bring the body into tone.
After the introductory period, the process of muscle building begins. This period is called the base due to the results achieved. Training at this time is tightened and divided into a larger number of repetitions (up to 8-10 repetitions). Rest in this case increases to two minutes.
Exercises are now done with weighting (barbell, dumbbells, etc.). If the exercises are too light – it is recommended to choose a barbell with a large weight.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Nutrition during weight training
In addition to drawing up the right training program, girls need to improve their nutrition and decide on foods that need to be consumed so that training 3 times a week is not in vain. If there is greasy, unhealthy food, then the muscles will not be visible under a pile of fat on the body.
To emphasize the muscles on the body, it is advisable to lose weight and adhere to special nutritional rules. The right choice would be to replace sweets with complex carbohydrates. Refusal of flour products will only benefit.
It should be remembered that you need to eat foods rich in carbohydrates (for example, cereals) for breakfast. It is also advisable to take a special look at the important role of protein foods during weight gain. An excellent example of such food is eggs, breast, cottage cheese and other dairy products, as well as various types of fish.
If you can’t often buy and cook protein food, you can buy various sports supplements, including protein. As for the number of meals – it is necessary to eat at least 5 times a day in small portions.
Warm up exercises
Warm up is a mandatory procedure before performing the main set of exercises.
The main warm-up exercises include:
- Rotation of the head, shoulders, hands, torso.
- Slopes, jumping.
- Swinging and swinging with your feet is a great exercise to warm up your pelvic girdle.
- Lifting on socks – warming up the calf muscles.
- Easy run (3-4 minutes).
Without warming up, it is extremely dangerous to start your workout, as you can pull the muscles.
2 weekly training options
ise building your training program so that only a specific muscle group is worked out in 1 day.
Suppose a girl is engaged in the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then her training program 3 times a week will be as follows:
- Training on the development and strengthening of the muscles of the legs and shoulders: squats with the bar on outstretched arms – 2 sets of 15 times; pull-ups on the crossbar – 18 times (can be divided into several approaches); bench press – 6 times per area (legs and shoulders).
- Training on the development of muscles of the back and triceps: flexion and extension of the arms with dumbbells in an inclination forward – 12 times for each arm; bench press (if it is very difficult – you can take only the bar) – 7 times; flexion and extension of the arm behind the head (you can take dumbbells or another type of weighting) – 7 times for each arm.
- Training on the development of muscles of the chest and biceps: French bench press (take only the bar) – 10-12 times; bar – 40 seconds; push-ups – 10 times; lifting the bar (in a standing position) – 2 to 8 times; flattening and wiring straight arms with dumbbells – 8-9 times.
The second option:
- Training on the development of leg muscles and abs: any squats with weighting – 18 times; press – 25-35 times; squats “plie” with dumbbells – 16-18 times; lunges forward and backward – 12 times on each leg.
- Training on the development and strengthening of the muscles of the chest and triceps: bar – 30-45 seconds; reverse push-ups – 10-12 times; pulling up on the crossbar – 20 times; chest press – 8-12 times.
- Training on muscle growth of the back and shoulders: pull-ups (arms at such a distance so that an angle of 90 degrees is obtained when pulling up) – 6-8 times; deadlift – 20 times; rod pull to the chin (another option – to the belt) – 12-14 times.
During the period of mass gain, girls often need to attend strength training, which is aimed at developing either the whole body or a specific muscle group. It often happens that after some time of intense training, exercises are easier and do not bring the significant results that previously.
Therefore, to increase the effect on muscles, girls need to gradually increase the weight of their weighting agents. At this time, the girl has an increase in strength parameters, and training becomes more effective. There are programs for mass and power, which are very different from each other by the technique of execution.
For example, rest during a workout for strength is about 3-5 minutes, while a workout for weight is only 1-2 minutes. There are general recommendations that are suitable for any type of training – these are various sports nutrition supplements.
A mixture of a huge amount of protein and carbohydrates is suitable both for muscle growth and for increasing strength.
Is insulating exercise necessary
Many girls who work out on their training program and go to the gym 3 times a week often ask the trainer about isolating exercises. Such exercises are designed to increase blood flow to the muscles, so that a sufficient amount of the hormones necessary for the growth of other components enter the muscle tissue.
Some experts believe that it is isolating exercises that help to increase weight. But do not forget about the importance of basic exercises for a girl, because basic and isolating exercises will not work without each other.
Isolation exercises supplement the basic effect, therefore, experienced specialists draw up their training program so that for each lesson, in addition to basic exercises, there will be an additional 3-4 rows of isolating ones.
Rest between sets
In order to fully consolidate the result of the exercise, the trainers strongly recommend that you stick to a certain rest. According to the theory of specialists, it is the formation of lactic acid in muscle tissue that contributes to their growth. Therefore, to relax during weight training, it is recommended to reduce the rest time to two minutes.
The minimum rest time should be at least half a minute. Based on various studies conducted earlier, it is a short rest interval that is suitable for releasing the right amount of growth hormone into the blood. Important for muscle growth is testosterone. However, there are other studies whose results contradict the previous expression.
According to the findings of scientists, during a short rest, a large amount of cortisol is produced, which in turn prevents the active growth of muscles. That is why you need to know the optimal rest time between exercises, because out of ignorance a person can lose his time and money in vain.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Supplements Recommended for Weight Training
In the process of gaining mass, often girls resort to a special diet, the basis of which is protein food. To accelerate the achievement of the desired result, experts recommend additionally using special additives that help to achieve a better result.
Among the popular sports nutrition supplements, trainers distinguish:
- Protein is a key sports supplement for mass gain, because protein is one of the main components that contribute to the construction of muscle tissue. According to the recommendations of professional athletes, for every pounds of a person should be 2 grams of protein. Thanks to this type of supplement, the girl’s body will not need an additional meal. You need to consume protein during the day at 25 grams at a time.
Creatine is another type of popular sports nutrition supplement. Creatine is not only an additional and powerful energy resource for humans, but also a stimulator of the growth of strength indicators. Another important point of this supplement is the tendency
to accumulate fluid in muscle tissue, which leads to an increase in the mass of the girl.
- BCAAs belong to the group of amino acids that contribute to the improvement of the metabolism of the body of a sports girl. Experts advise taking this type of supplementation directly during training, because such amino acids perfectly protect muscles during weight loss (it is fat cells that break down, not muscle cells). BCAAs can be bought not only in powder form, but also in capsule form.
- A gainer is a supplement that contains a huge amount of protein and carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy, while protein is a great contributor to muscle growth. You need to take a gainer in the morning and after each workout.
What to do if there is no result
It happens that girls after a month of training in the gym do not notice any shift to the planned levels.
Experienced experts identified several errors and ways to solve them:
- Error: too large requirements. Solution: you need to understand that it is impossible to immediately achieve tremendous success. You need to reduce your needs and achieve your goal gradually. It should be understood that even 4 -7 pounds of additional muscles is an excellent result;
- Mistake: training to the point of exhaustion. After such a training, I want to immediately make up for the lack of energy with extra carbohydrates, and I hardly want to visit the gym the next day. Solution: break the workout into several cycles, and it is advisable to take a short rest between each exercise (1-2 minutes is enough);
- Error: improper nutrition. Solution: balance your diet so that the body does not need anything. If possible, resort to the help of experienced professionals who will suggest additional supplements for sports nutrition;
- Mistake: exhausting workout and not enough calories. Solution: review your daily diet and gradually increase the amount by 300-400 calories.
Sleep plays an important role in the process of mass gain. An exemplary amount of sleep is in the order of 8-9 hours per day. During sleep, a person develops the most important hormones and assimilates the protein so necessary for muscle growth. At this time, the muscles have the opportunity to completely relax, and the body can restore its strength.
Experts assure that for weight gain it is desirable to adjust the sleep mode, as well as the meal time . It is also advised to sleep during the daytime after exercise and main meals.
To restore sleep, as well as to avoid insomnia, you need to attend sports in the morning, and eat light food for dinner.
Nutrition, sleep, and exercise itself are key during weight gain. Visiting the gym only 3 times a week, according to the training program, and adhering to proper nutrition, any girl can very well achieve success.
Video training programs 3 and 2 times a week for girls
Training program in the gym for girls:
Training program 3 times a week:
The training program in the gym 2 times a week: