According to statistics, dimples on the cheeks are present in only 30% of the world’s population. But now medicine offers a special procedure – a dimplectomy. You can make dimples in the cosmetology center. It is important to find a good doctor and a worthy clinic.
Advantages and disadvantages
You can make artificial dimples on the cheeks with the help of cosmetics, piercings and special exercises. An effective method is the surgical method. Before plastic surgery, you must familiarize yourself with its advantages and disadvantages.
|Short duration – about 60 minutes||Artificial dimples become more pronounced with age, which leads to the appearance of deep wrinkles.|
|There is no need to administer drugs for general anesthesia||The result of the procedure is irreversible: having done a dipllectomy, it is impossible to completely restore the previous appearance|
|Recovery takes a short period of time||There is a rehabilitation period with its limitations|
|The result is preserved for life||The operation needs to be adjusted to the patient’s usual lifestyle, both before and after|
|There is the possibility of surgery, both on thin and overweight patients||Perhaps the appearance of pain when moving facial muscles (passes over time)|
|The appearance of postoperative scars is not observed.||After the procedure, the face swells|
|The result is noticeable immediately after the procedure.||Bruises appear in some cases.|
Positive and negative points depend on the individual characteristics of a person. Now cosmetology centers are equipped with a high-quality arsenal of drugs, medical equipment and a variety of effective methods that are selected strictly for the patient. All this helps to reduce the risk of further complications.
There are no indications for a dimplectomy, except for the patients’ desire to change their appearance. The procedure has no age restrictions and is carried out on any type of skin.
The main reasons for the operation are:
- desire to give expressiveness and beauty to round cheeks;
- the need to adjust the line of the cheeks;
- the desire to highlight the line of the cheekbones;
- age-related decrease in skin turgor.
Dimples on the cheeks will be able to make the surgeon, if there are no contraindications to the procedure.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
There are a number of contraindications for the procedure:
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels in the acute phase (complication may occur);
- diseases and tumors caused by viruses;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic diseases that are in the acute stage (provoke severe complications);
- pathologies of the circulatory system, leading to a deterioration in coagulation (for example, hemophilia – provokes large blood loss during surgery);
- general ailments;
- oncology (the presence of benign neoplasms is also the reason for refusing surgery);
- diseases of the central nervous system;
- mental disorders;
- diabetes mellitus (decompensated and in the stage of decompensation can provoke a ketoacidotic coma; compensated diabetes is estimated as a relative contraindication, so some surgeons will be able to perform the operation);
- allergic reactions to medications (causes of anaphylactic shock and death during an invasion);
- long smoking experience (leads to a violation of the natural tissue regeneration, the rehabilitation period is delayed by 2-3 weeks);
- menstruation (may increase bleeding during surgery);
- severe obesity of 3-4 degrees;
- elderly age;
- children under 18 years old.
What examinations you need to pass
If the clinic performs a dipllectomy under general anesthesia, it is necessary to pass and undergo the following tests and examinations:
- examination by a general practitioner (based on the results of a clinical examination and laboratory, instrumental examination data, determines the general condition of the patient and his willingness to transfer the necessary amount of surgical intervention) (cost about $ 24);
- coagulogram (about $ 18);
- the procedure for determining the blood group and Rh factor of the patient (about $ 9,52);
- blood test for AIDS, syphilis, hepatitis B and C (cost about $ 6,01);
- chest x-ray (bring with you if the procedure was carried out over the past year) (about $ 22);
- clinical analysis of blood, ESR (about $ 4,28);
- a detailed biochemical blood test (determination of the content and amount of sugar, ALT, AST, bilirubin, creatinine, urea, total protein) (about $ 81);
- urinalysis with microscopy of sediment (within $ 4 – $ 9);
- ECG (about $ 7,21).
Dimples on the cheeks can be done using surgery under local anesthesia.
List of analyzes:
- clinical blood test (necessary to determine platelet count and clotting time) (about $ 4,28);
- blood test for AIDS, syphilis, hepatitis B and C (about $ 6,01);
- ECG (within $ 7,21);
- biochemical analysis of blood (determination of sugar, ALT, AST, bilirubin and creatinine) (about $ 81);
- general analysis of urine (within $ 4 – $ 9);
- examination by a general practitioner (about $ 24).
Analyzes will be valid for 14 days after they are performed.
Preparation for surgery
The desired result depends not only on the professionalism of the surgeon, the equipment of the clinic with special medi
cal equipment, but also on the proper preparation and psychological mood of the patient.
It is necessary to be guided by the following rules:
- refrain from taking medications (for example, drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid, anticoagulants, hormones, vitamins E and C affect the nature of the blood flow). Do not take them 2 weeks before surgery. Drink medications prescribed by your doctor to correct blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar;
- refuse nicotine 14 days before the procedure;
- stop drinking alcohol a week before a dimplectomy (they contribute to bleeding);
- prepare food with a small amount of salt;
- eliminate spicy foods and caffeine (this prevents puffiness after surgery);
- reduce the consumption of meat, fresh vegetables and fruits, as well as vitamins;
- stop visiting the solarium;
- start a good rest.
In the evening, on the eve of a dimplectomy, have dinner until 18:00 with light food. After midnight, abstain from constant drinking. Cleanse the body of toxins and toxins with an enema. Take mild sedatives. Before the procedure, it’s good to rest and sleep.
On the day of surgery, refuse food and drink. In the morning, take a hot shower, wash your hair and apply an antiseptic to the area of the procedure. Wear the most comfortable clothes, wash off manicure and makeup, remove jewelry and abandon contact lenses.
You should think about a way to return to your home in advance. For some time, ask for help from loved ones, as some drugs reduce the concentration of attention and the speed of metabolic reactions. Before the operation, it is important to discuss with the surgeon where the dimples will be, what is their size and depth.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Dimples on the cheeks will be able to make an experienced surgeon by following these steps:
- a special marker marks the area where the recess will be located in the future;
- an injection is made with an anesthetic for local anesthesia (if the patient wishes and the doctor’s testimony, you can conduct a dimplectomy procedure under general anesthesia);
- a small incision is made inside the cheek with a surgical instrument;
- in the produced place of the incision, fatty layers are removed;
- the treated area is stitched and pulled together with surgical silk, a dimple is formed.
The procedure lasts from 35 minutes to 60 minutes. After it, there is no need for the patient to stay in the hospital, he can immediately go home.
Recovery after a dimplectomy will take from 2-3 weeks to 1 month. For some time, the patient will be chased by swelling. Pain will be present, they can be removed with painkillers. After 2-3 days, moderate pain will remain, noticeably increasing in the operated area with movements or touching it.
Attacks of nausea are possible. Their appearance depends on the duration of local and general anesthesia. Side effects when taking analgesics are minimal, but sometimes people experience them. The face after surgery will be prone to swelling. The peak falls on 2-3 days, after which there is a decline. After 8 days, the skin is smoothed and tightened tighter than usual.
After 14 days, only small edematous zones are visible. To speed up the regenerative processes after surgery for 6-7 days, sleep on dense pillows. This will help reduce swelling. Ice and cold water also help. Surgeons recommend cooling the intervention area on day 1 of rehabilitation. Herbal remedies, ointments and physiotherapy may be prescribed.
Important physiotherapeutic procedures are:
microcurrents (exposure to the wound with weak electric impulses is necessary to restore the functioning of the skin receptors and improve blood circulation; they restore the previous innervation);
- phonophoresis (a medicine is applied to the skin, then ultrasonic treatment of the damaged area is carried out; the procedure is painless, quickly eliminates swelling and bruising);
- darsonval (stimulates the good movement of blood through the vessels, quickly restores skin sensitivity, relieves swelling);
- ultrasound (affects the capillary walls, improves blood circulation, relieves edema that has appeared);
- laser treatment (improves the functioning of skin cells, accelerates the regeneration of soft tissues, prevents the appearance of scars).
The most common ointments for scars and scars:
- Kelofibrase (smear the product with a thick layer on the damaged area 2-4 times a day, the average cost is $ 22);
- Zeraderm ultra (apply 3 times a day, the cost of the product is about $ 29);
- ScarGuard MD (apply 2 times a day for 2-3 months, the drug is absorbed in a few seconds, felt on the skin for about 20 minutes, the price is about $ 83);
- Fermenkol (apply on a napkin or scarf and apply on the affected area, the price varies from $ 8 – $ 14);
- Kontraktubeks (put on the dimples 3 times a day, the cost of funds is about $ 7 – $ 12);
- Clearwin (smear the wound 4 times a day, the cost is about $ 2,72);
- Dermatix (apply a thin layer, do not usd, apply 2 times a day, price – from $ 18);
- Solcoseryl (smear the wound 3 times a day, the cost of $ 5 – $ 6.);
- Keratan (apply 3-4 times a day, the cost is about $ 12,24);
- Ichthyol ointment (medication can be used 2 times a day, you can buy for $ 2,04);
- Madecassolum (apply 3 times a day, the cost ranges from $ 2 – $ 11.).
Edema can be treated with diuretic folk remedies. To this end, juices, decoctions, herbal teas and infusions are used.
These are the recipes:
- take 2 cucumbers, 2 carrots and 0.5 lemon, squeeze juice from the products to form 10,14 fluid ounce each, mix all the ingredients and pour a small amount of clean water, drink 3 times a day;
- stock up on a couple of branches of peppermint, pour them with
hot water, let the product stand in a dark place until it cools down, drink 2 times a day in small sips;
- chop parsley, 1 tablespoon. pour 0,1 gallon of boiling water to the raw materials, leave the broth for half a day, strain through a gauze dressing, take 1 tablespoon. 3 times a day;
- 1 tablespoon pour the corn stigmas with boiling water and strain after 10 minutes, drink the drink 3 times a day;
- 1 tablespoon pour 0,3 gallon of hot water to the hawthorn, leave to infuse for 2 minutes, drink 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
A noticeable trace after the procedure for the formation of dimples on the cheeks are bruises. This is considered normal because a small amount of blood accumulates under the epithelium. Bruises are observed for 2-3 weeks, after the initial healing of wounds disappear. If the hematoma is delayed for more than 30 days, then this is considered a complication.
The number of bruises is affected by the professionalism of the doctor and the peculiarity of the patient’s skin type. On the 1st day of rehabilitation, take aspirin and other medicines with acetylsalicylic acid to avoid blood thinning and increase bruising. Hide traces of a dimplectomy can be cosmetic.
Until 1 week you need to eat only soft and easily chewed food. Before breakfast, lunch and dinner, treat the oral cavity with an antiseptic to avoid the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms into the wound. In the morning, with care, brush your teeth, try not to touch the damaged areas of the cheeks.
You can take a shower after surgery after 4-6 days. After 2.5 weeks, a hot bath is possible. Within 30 days, cancel trips to the sauna and bath. Avoid exposure to sunlight on the damaged area, they can lead to pigmentation, which will make the seams more noticeable.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
How long will the result last
The result of the operation is visible immediately after the procedure. At the same time, dimples for 1-2 weeks will be visible both during a smile and in a relaxed state. After complete muscle recovery, they will appear only when a person laughs.
Over time, the effect may disappear, as the skin loses its elasticity and sags. If you want to remove the dimples, reconstructive surgery will help to do this.
Dimples on the cheeks can be made quickly and inexpensively. Beauticians say that the risk of complications is negligible.
Only if the recommendations are not followed, the following may appear:
- persistent edema;
- bulky hematomas and bruises;
- infection by pathogenic microorganisms;
- numbness in the cheek area;
- the appearance of asymmetry of depressions or their different depths;
- wrinkle formation;
- the formation of unnatural deepening.
Due to the individual features of scar formation, the dimples can be placed asymmetrically, and their shape will not be similar to the desired one. This is easily corrected by additional surgical intervention.
The operation, which allows you to make dimples on the female cheeks, is very popular. Now there are many clinics of plastic surgery. It is important to approach the selection of a cosmetology center and a doctor with responsibility, so that the result always pleases the patient.
Video on how to make dimples on the cheeks
Dimples on the cheeks, how the operation goes: