Diamond microdermabrasion is a gentle grinding of the skin using apparatuses with diamond-coated plates. Such a procedure minimally injures the skin, is applied to various parts of the body, smoothes stretch marks and scars.
- What is diamond microdermabrasion
- Pros and cons of the method
- Differences between diamond dermabrasion and microdermabrasion
- Indications for
- Preparation for the procedure
- Rehabilitation period: rules for face care and recovery
- The choice of creams for peeling
- Which devices are suitable for home use
- Peeling at home
- Procedure results: before and after photos
- The cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles,
- Reviews on the effectiveness of the procedure
- Diamond peeling video (microdermabrasion)
What is diamond microdermabrasion
Diamond microdermabrasion is the removal of a dead skin layer in which the activity of the sebaceous glands is normalized, blood flow improves, the skin gets rid of deep pollution.
Diamond peeling is a surface treatment. Her task is to update the upper layer of the skin.
Pros and cons of the method
Pros of diamond peeling:
- goes to every skin type;
- used in different areas of the skin;
- full cleansing without injury;
- hypoallergenic, hygienic;
- applicable to skin with acne: helps fight acne;
- eliminates small scars, age spots, ingrown hairs;
- rejuvenates the skin;
- does not cause discomfort during and after skin treatment.
The procedure of diamond peeling will not cure the skin of infectious and allergic rashes. Diamond cleaning should not be carried out if an inflammatory process occurs in the body and skin lesions. The procedure is expensive.
After microdermabrasion, you can not:
- to be in the sun, wind and frost;
- overheat the skin;
- use alcohol.
Differences between diamond dermabrasion and microdermabrasion
Diamond dermabrasion differs from microdermabrasion in the depth of action on the skin. Microdermabrasion – removal of the superficial keratinous layer of the skin. The cleaning procedure does not cause discomfort, the skin immediately after cleaning has a normal appearance.
Diamond dermabrasion involves a deeper cleansing of skin pores, is used in complex cases, causes microtraumas , the recovery period after such cleaning is 7 days, after the diamond dermabrasion procedure, the treated areas turn red and swell.
Diamond microdermabrasion – this is the direction of the face cleaning technique, in which the thinnest layer of the upper epidermis is removed.
Diamond polishing of the skin has the following indications:
- dull skin color, pigmentation;
- skin irregularities: scars, wrinkles, stretch marks;
- contaminated enlarged pores, blackheads;
- loss of tenderness of the upper layer of the skin;
- initial stage of cellulite;
- age-related changes in the skin.
Diamond skin cleaning can not be carried out in cases:
- intolerance to the effects of diamond crystals;
- not restored immune defense after recent illnesses;
- skin lesions;
- dilated small blood vessels;
- the presence of moles and oncological neoplasms;
- epilepsy, asthma;
- skin rashes caused by viruses and fungi.
Preparation for the procedure
The peeling specialist prescribes medications to soften the dead skin layer. A week before the diamond peeling procedure, you must stop using glycolic acid products. Immediately before undergoing microdermabrasion, the master examines the areas of the skin that he will process. A plastic hat is put on his head.
Diamond face skin cleaning is carried out in the following stages:
- Preparatory stage: the skin is cleaned of makeup and dirt, degreased, treated with a scrub, steamed. Large greasy plugs are removed mechanically.
- At the main stage, the specialist processes the skin with an apparatus having interchangeable nozzles with the smallest particles of diamonds.
- At the final stage, restoring creams, masks, serums are applied to the skin.
Beauticians recommend conducting microdermabrasion no more than once a week.
The usual course consists of 6 procedures. Deep wrinkles, tattoos, serious scars will go away after 10 treatments. To maintain the result, it is enough to repeat diamond peeling once every 3 months.
Rehabilitation period: rules for face care and recovery
The rules of restoring skin care after diamond microcrystalline peeling:
- immediately after diamond cleaning, the skin is moisturized with a cream;
- after moisturizer, sunscreen is applied;
- at first use such creams several times a day;
- frequent drinking;
- avoid open sun for a week;
- the first days do not use drugs with glycolic acid and alcohol, do not visit pools, tanning salons, gyms;
- do not do waxing;
- week do not apply decorative cosmetics on the face;
- do not use a scrub.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
The choice of creams for peeling
When choosing a peeling product, the main thing that you need to pay attention to is the composition of the cleansing components. It must strictly correspond to this type of skin.
The composition of peeling creams includes:
- fruit and lactic acids;
- ascorbic, carbolic, salicylic acid;
- resorcinol, polymers, perfumes;
- fine particles of pumice, salt, almond, apricot kernel;
- vegetable oils, hyaluronic acid, collagen, elastin.
Peelings are recommended after 15 years. The tasks of peeling at a young age: getting rid of fat, dirt and dead cells. At the age of 40, peeling creams with the content of active acids begin to be used.
Peeling creams have no contraindications, because they contain a scanty amount of aggressive component
For young skin (under 25 years old), surface glycolic peels are suitable. Their action is aimed at painless removal of keratinized cells, skin healing, and aging retardation.
From 25 to 35 years old, peels containing fruit acids and glycolic acid are used. Such peels fight the first age-related skin changes and age spots.
After the age of 35 years, the skin requires a deeper cleansing, for this median chemical peels are used. Such products rid the skin of deep wrinkles, improve complexion, and promote the production of collagen and elastin.
At the age of 50 years and older, the skin undergoes serious changes:
- deep wrinkles;
- loss of elasticity;
- gray complexion, pigmentation.
To combat such troubles, deep peeling is used, which destroys the first 2 layers of skin. Deep peels tighten the oval of the face, remove wrinkles, scars and age spots.
Popular peeling creams:
- Lactolan Peeling Cream , as part of the product contains vitamins and minerals necessary for the skin, salts and lactic acid. The cream does not contain hard abrasive particles, can be used on sensitive skin, acts superficially, thoroughly cleanses the skin.
- Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream , which contains two natural types of abrasive particles and plant extracts. The tool provides a soft and effective cleaning of the skin from sebaceous plugs, the surface of the skin is smoothed, a healthy complexion is returned.
- Microdermabrasion in its composition has salt crystals, lactic acid, natural components. High-quality product for home use, gently exfoliates and heals the skin.
- MagRuss peeling cream includes plant and mineral components, proteins, chemicals to remove dead skin and deep contamination. The cream does not contain abrasive particles, suitable for sensitive skin, prevents the loss of fluid.
- Vichy peeling product contains abrasive particles, jojoba extract, vitamins to activate cell metabolism and preserve youthful skin. The product has a very gentle effect on the skin, so it is suitable for each type. The cream gently and deeply cleanses the skin, softens and moisturizes.
- Natural composition-peeling cream Vinoperfect manufacturer Caudalie effectively exfoliates dead skin cells, evens and smooths the surface, normalizes the production of sebum.
- Clinique self-cleaning skin cleanser contains smooth non-damaging particles, natural and soothing ingredients. The cream restores youthfulness to the skin, moisturizes and nourishes, nourishes the cells with oxygen, and renews it.
- GiGi Cosmetic Labs Peeling Cream contains natural oils and stearic acid. The active components of the cream delicately remove the upper layer of cells, enrich the skin with nutrients and moisture, and improve complexion.
- Stopproblem, a popular American peeling cream with salicylic acid, is suitable for any type of skin, removes blackheads, normalizes water-lipid balance, and observes vascular asterisks. It is used for superficial and median skin cleansing.
- The structure of the German enzyme peeling Janssen includes fruit components and medical clay. Before use, the product is mixed with an activator and applied to the face for 20 minutes. The product effectively fights wrinkles, improves blood circulation.
- A variety of enzyme masks of the Danne brand : from minor wrinkles, from deep wrinkles, from pigmentation, against acne.
- Enzymatic peeling Mirra does not contain preservatives and harmful substances, economical. It is applied to the skin for 20 minutes. After application, a tingling sensation arises.
- Lirene is an enzyme peeling produced in Poland. The drug is packaged in disposable bags, inexpensive. It has an exfoliating effect, tones the skin, tightens pores. It is applied on heated skin.
- Mizon peeling contains malic and hyaluronic acids. Suitable even for hypersensitive skin, moisturizes, nourishes, gently removes the keratinized layer of cells.
Which devices are suitable for home use
When choosing a device for self-cleaning skin should pay attention to:
- Power. The higher the power, the deeper the effect on the skin. It is better to choose devices with adjustable power.
- The dimensions of the device. Facial cleansers should be lightweight and compact.
- Multifunctionality. Peeling devices with additional features will not only clean the skin thoroughly, but will also massage, tighten the face contour, and conduct ionization.
- Production and price. It is better to buy devices from trusted manufacturers with a warranty card and a quality certificate.
Self microcrystalline face peeling is carried out using such devices:
- Gezatone lonic-Ultrasonic m360 peeling device;
- Gezatone Super Wet Cleaner;
- ultrasonic peeling device Gezatone KUS 2000;
- multifunctional device GezatoneBeautyIrism708;
- peeling apparatus Galvanic Beauty SPA m777;
- multifunctional device for home skin care LW-006;
- Skin Doctors is a whole set consisting of a device that works together with a scrub and skin care cream after cleansing;
- RoC Renewex is an electric micropilling device and cream with alumina particles.
Peeling at home
Diamond microdermabrasion is such a delicate peeling action that can be carried out in a home environment using special devices.
Before the deep cleaning procedure, the face is removed from the face, the skin is cleaned of dirt and degreased. Next, a special gel means for peeling with a thick layer is applied to the face.
The movements of the nozzle of the portable cleaning device are slow and light. The angle of the nozzle in relation to the skin should be 45 °. Problematic skin areas are treated with the device 3 times. After processing the device, the remnants of the gel means are washed off with water. Moisturize the skin with cream.
Properly performed home peeling in terms of quality of the result is not inferior to salon similar procedures. The only minus of home peeling is that cleansing and exfoliating products will not help cope with scars and scars.
Types of home peeling: mechanical (using electrical appliances to clean the skin or special soft brushes), chemical (using ready-made cosmetics) and natural (self-made formulations using natural ingredients).
When performing deep skin cleansing in a home environment, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Before using a chemical cleanser, conduct an allergy test, strictly follow the rules of use;
- any exfoliating agent is applied to previously cleansed and fat-free skin;
- peeling formulations are not applied to the skin around the eyes;
- a few days after peeling do not use makeup.
Recipes for making facial peels at home:
- Mix 1 small spoonfuls of chopped zest of orange, lemon and mandarin, add 0,61 fluid ounce of olive oil, mix, apply to the skin with massage movements, leave for 5 minutes. Washed off with warm water.
- To prepare honey peeling cream, 1,01 fluid ounce of liquid honey is mixed with 1,52 fluid ounce of lemon juice, 1 large spoonful of bran is added, the composition is applied to the face for 30 minutes.
- Anti-aging cream-peeling is prepared from pomegranate seeds, oatmeal, honey and kefir. Oatmeal for a mask will require 200 gr. Honey, kefir and pomegranate seeds – 2 tablespoon each. All components are mixed in a blender. The mask is applied to the face for 3 minutes.
- For a curd exfoliating and anti-aging mask, you need to mix 0,3 fluid ounce of olive oil, 5 g of rice flour and 2 large tablespoons of cottage cheese. The cream is rubbed into the heated skin, left for 15 minutes, washed off with water.
- Excellent anti-aging peeling creams can be prepared independently on the basis of ground coffee, adding warm honey, pulp of fruits, sour cream or yogurt, vegetable oils. The components are mixed, the mixture is applied to the face for 5 minutes.
For normal skin type, coffee and sour cream peels are prepared with the addition of honey, vegetable oils, salt, fruits and oatmeal.
Combination skin is more suitable for peeling, which includes juice of sour berries, orange and almond oil, sugar, yolks, oatmeal, salt, honey, clay. Oily skin for deep cleansing will require soap and sugar, cucumber pulp and rose oil, clay and almonds. For deep cleansing of dry skin apply cottage cheese, sour cream, butter and citrus zest, strawberries, bran.
Procedure results: before and after photos
Diamond microcrystalline peeling or microdermabrasion gives the following results:
- immediately after a cleaning session, the skin turns a little pink, after a maximum of 2 days the natural color of healthy skin returns;
- pores of the skin are narrowed;
- the surface of the skin is smooth and delicate;
- wrinkles are smoothed, the skin is more elastic;
- scars, scars, stretch marks become less noticeable;
- pigmentation is eliminated;
- normal functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- oily shine is eliminated;
- makeup products stay flat, makeup lasts longer.
The cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles,
The cost of a diamond micropilling procedure:
|City||Impact zone||Price, usd.)|
|New York||Face||up to 4000|
|Face neck||up to 5000|
|Face, neck, decollete||up to 7000|
|Los Angeles||Face||from 2000|
|Hands||up to 1800|
|Face, neckline||from 2000|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Reviews on the effectiveness of the procedure
Diamond microdermabrasion is a removal of dead skin cells that spares skin.
Women who, among a huge variety of peelings and cleansers, choose diamond micropilling, leave the following reviews:
- Passing the 1st procedure is quite painful, redness is observed on the skin. Redness passes the next day. After 2 days, peeling of the upper layer of the skin begins. Peeling can last up to 5 days. After 5 days, the skin becomes smooth and supple.
- When undergoing the 2nd procedure of diamond microdermabrasion, pain is practically absent, slight redness, the skin does not peel.
- If you use diamond micropilling to remove black spots on oily skin, the effect after the 1st procedure will be practically invisible, only the complexion will improve due to the massage effect. Acne and traces after acne will go away after going through several procedures.
- Diamond microcrystalline peeling is an effective anti-aging procedure. After such a delicate grinding, wrinkles disappear with time, massage stimulates the production of collagen. To get rid of wrinkles, you will need to undergo at least 6 procedures.
- Microdermabrasion removes tattoos from the surface of the skin and corrects stretch marks. To reduce the tattoo, you will need to take a course of 5 procedures. Unfortunately, stretch marks cannot be completely removed. Diamond resurfacing of the skin will help make them less visible.
- Diamond microdermabrasion is an expensive but effective procedure; 75% of women recommend it regularly.
Devices for diamond polishing of the skin act only on the surface, without penetrating into the deeper layers of the skin. With this exposure, the risk of complications is minimized. Microdermabrasion delicately renews the skin, and when passing through a set of procedures, it successfully fights against unpleasant changes.
Diamond peeling video (microdermabrasion)
What is diamond face peeling: