A new round of development of the procedure of manicure and pedicure began with the mass production of devices for home and professional use. Such devices have undeniable advantages, are convenient to use, and allow you to perform the procedure quickly and efficiently.
- Advantages of the hardware technique
- What is the difference between home devices and professional ones
- How to choose a professional device
- Types of nozzles
- Additional features
- Manicure and pedicure machines: brand overview
- RuNail (USA)
- Strong (Korea)
- Marathon (Korea)
- PlanetNails (Korea)
- Podotronic (Germany)
- Glazingmachine (China)
- Hardware manicure: step by step instructions
- Features of the pedicure (instruction)
- Professional manicure and pedicure machine: video
Advantages of the hardware technique
The specialized device has a wide range of capabilities: it easily and quickly modifies the shape of the nail, delicately polishes rough nail plates, a variety of nozzles allows you to handle the most inaccessible places.
The hardware technique of manicure and pedicure is a simple procedure and is easily comprehended at home.
Indisputable advantages of hardware manicure and pedicure:
- the opportunity to get spectacular, with a healthy shade, smooth and symmetrical nails;
- hardware nozzles help to quickly and easily change or give the desired shape to the nails, allow you to correct the defects of the nail plate, guaranteeing a further absence of its brittleness and lamination;
- the technique allows you to smoothly and gently polish a thin, sensitive nail plate;
- suitable for soft grinding of problem, exfoliating and damaged nails;
- sterility of the procedure completely eliminates the possibility of infection of tissues;
- the absence of traumatic nozzles allows you to safely carry out light and gentle skin treatment;
- the painlessness and ease of cleaning the cuticle: the device removes dead skin tissue and at the same time maintains the integrity of the treated area;
- such mechanical cleaning qualitatively processes the feet, removes coarsened areas of the skin, corns, chronic calluses;
- contributes to saving time, being a less time-consuming process in comparison with the classical processing method – manual tools;
- has a lasting effect: the achieved result pleases about 3 weeks;
- produces acupressure during the procedure, which positively affects the general condition of the body and improves mood.
What is the difference between home devices and professional ones
Special devices intended for manicure or pedicure, which are called milling machines among professionals, are divided by manufacturers into stationary and portable.
The latter have an entry-level level and have only a minimal set of functions; they are more suitable for solving simple problems.
Professional equipment includes stationary devices. Having the richest functionality and high technical characteristics, they allow you to achieve perfect results even at home use.
The main differences between home and professional devices:
- The main parameter of the difference is the power of manicure milling machines, calculated in watts. The number of revolutions issued by the cleaning nozzle directly depends on it. Home appliances have power from 35 to 60 watts and make about 35000 revolutions per minute. The professional router is capable of delivering about 65000 revolutions and has a capacity of more than 70 watts.
- An equally important difference is the general concept of the device’s structural design, which affects its usability. Most milling machines for home use are a small stylus, while the professional device has a convenient handle with rotating heads, attached by a cord to the main unit of the stationary part of the body.
- The devices differ in the complete set, type and purpose of the nozzles, which significantly affect the speed and efficiency of processing of nail plates and skin integuments. Entry-level devices usually have a minimal set of cleaning heads. In contrast, professional equipment is equipped with a wide variety of nozzles, greatly facilitating the process and processing of even the most inaccessible places.
- Professional equipment has additional features and is characterized by a variety of functions.
- Devices differ in cost, quality, service life and work efficiency. It should be understood that devices of a low price category may not meet the stated requirements. To be poorly made or poorly equipped.
How to choose a professional device
The main criteria for choosing a professional apparatus for manicure and pedicure are several. Before buying, you need to carefully consider the capabilities of various models of milling machines. Understand how often and with what intensity the device will be involved.
Knowing the basic specifics of the work, pay attention to devices with the necessary additional functions.
Types of nozzles
A professional device must be equipped with all the necessary polishing, grinding and sawing nozzles:
- heads and cones for working with the nail roller;
- polishing discs for grinding and smoothing the surface of the nails;
- nozzle for heating and drying varnish;
- medium and large cylindrical cutters for working with thick and hard nail plates;
- flat nozzles and discs for removing calluses;
- brushes for removing keratinized skin particles;
- shoulder blades and heads for convenient work with cuticles;
- conical cutters and heads to remove coarse skin structures, ingrown nails and calluses.
When purchasing a device, it is worth paying attention not only to the number of nozzles, but also to the quality of the material of manufacture.
The main materials for making nozzles:
- ceramic and carbide milling cutters are produced in different grains and are considered gentle, safe tools;
- diamond , being effective nozzles, serve much longer than ceramic products;
- silicone , suitable for polishing both natural and acrylic nails.
The speed of rotation of the milling nozzles is usually measured in the number of revolutions per minute. Due to the specifics of the work performed, the maximum speed of the device is not always required.
Entry-level devices produce about 20000 rpm, which does not allow for high-quality nail processing. Milling machines, c
apable of 25000 rpm, make it possible to make a good manicure, adjust the nails. Ideal option are devices with a speed of 35000 rpm.
This milling cutter easily copes with the whole complex of manicure and pedicure procedures.
A good choice would be a powerful device with adjustable nozzle speed.
It is considered the main criterion for the selection of the necessary model. Responsible for the speed of rotation of the nozzle and the preservation of speed under load. The most optimal are machines operating in the range of 35 – 70 watts that cope with the basic requirements of a quality manicure and pedicure procedure.
For a more versatile or salon application, you should choose a router with a power of more than 70 watts.
A useful feature that allows you to switch the rotation of the nozzles in the opposite direction. Significantly simplifies the work with abrasive cutters. Helps to process any surfaces more carefully and conveniently. It is an essential attribute of most professional appliances.
Not every device for manicure and pedicure has additional features. The professional
device has the following additional functions:
- backlight, significantly improving the overview of the working area;
- built-in vacuum cleaner that removes particles of skin, dust and nail cuts;
- work from the pedal, which allows you to smoothly control the rotation of the nozzles;
- protection against overheating, increasing the durability and reliability of the device.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Manicure and pedicure machines: brand overview
Professional manicure and pedicure machines can be purchased at a specialized household appliance store. At the same time, preference should be given to well-known brands in this industry. Such a device will not only guarantee a good manicure / pedicure, but also confirm its quality and long service life.
It has a significant set of functions in a compartment with low power and is positioned by the manufacturer as an ideal option for home use. Advantages of the model:
- 25000 rpm;
- comfortable ergonomic handle;
- simple and clear control on the block;
- complete set with a set of 6 mills;
- lack of vibration;
- nozzles change without a key;
- ease of use of the foot pedal.
According to user reviews, it is a reliable and uninterrupted device. It copes well even with complex nail processing. It has a multifunctional and very convenient handle, which makes it possible to adjust the speed of rotation of the nozzles.
The manufacturer SAESHIN from South Korea is considered the world leader in the production of high-quality equipment, which is why Strong professional devices have deservedly established themselves as reliable, comfortable and powerful devices.
Advantages of Strong products (Korea):
- high power, allowing you to work at 35000 rpm;
- has increased reliability;
- lightweight, silent and comfortable tip;
- effective overload protection;
- soft, smooth, variational pedal of control of turns of a tip;
- the ability to select various configurations of the device;
- complete absence of tip vibration;
- interesting, modern design of models;
- reliable collet clip of mills.
The company from South Korea SMT began its work back in 1976. Great experience and reverent attitude to product quality, allows you to create reliable and popular devices at an affordable price.
Advantages of Marathon devices (Korea):
- a wide range of diverse professional appliances;
- convenient adjustment of turns;
- reverse equipment of the entire model range;
- lack of vibration and noise, ergonomic design of a tip;
- quick, convenient change and fixation of cutters;
- integrated security system.
Another factor that prompts the purchase of Marathon devices is the developed network of warranty service.
PlanetNails – decent machines from the manufacturer from South Korea, high-quality and easy-to-use milling machines. Due to its high power, the device is especially effective in combating corns, ingrown nails and calluses.
In the absence of any function can be easily equipped with the necessary accessories at the request of the buyer.
Due to their high reliability, they have high consumer demand. According to numerous user reviews, there were no serious problems in the operation of the devices.
The company from Germany Unitronic has been manufacturing high-quality equipment for manicure and pedicure for 30 years. Podotronic devices are considered the crown of the fruitful and successful work of an experienced manufacturer. All devices are assembled in the company’s workshops, which guarantees unprecedented quality and long product life.
Advantages of models:
- excellent performance;
- intuitive control panel;
- beautiful design;
- digital adjustment of the cutter speed;
- the presence of a built-in spray, vacuum cleaner;
- memory of operating modes;
- high power and high speed;
- convenient ergonomics of the handle;
- Quiet operation with complete absence of vibration.
The device in question is similar to the popular Strong 210, at the same time it has a lower price. Suitable only for manicure.
- convenient foot and manual control;
- equipped with reverse;
- no vibration even at maximum speeds;
- low noise level;
- handle cooling system;
- 35000 rpm.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Hardware manicure: step by step instructions
It is not difficult to independently learn hardware manicure. The main thing is to understand the prescribed steps and the purpose of the available nozzles.
Stages of independent manicure:
- You need to start a manicure with cuticle processing. Means with fruit acids soften the stratum corneum and make it elastic, preventing damage and simplifying further work.
- With a thin, finely abrasive cutter, starting from the side rollers, proceed to cuticle processing. Performing movement along it and trying to gently lift. You need to act carefully, trying not to injure the matrix and not leave grooves on the surface of the nail.
- After inserting a cone cutter, carefully remove the prepared cuticle.
- Using a grinding mill, carefully align and modify the pads, as well as the surface around the nails.
- In the presence of growths and cracks on the skin, clean with a spherical bur.
- To process the edges of the nails with a cylindrical nozzle, giving them the desired shape. Processing should begin from the middle and spend to the edge of the nail.
- To polish the surface and apply the vitamin complex, your favorite nourishing cream.
At the initial stage, it is important to learn how to control the milling cutter. Feel the speed of rotation of the tips, understand the force of pressing and impact on tissues of different hardness. Keep track of time for a long time without lingering on one cultivated area.
Features of the pedicure (instruction)
A big plus of a hardware pedicure in convenient and safe work with the most inaccessible areas of the feet. Using a milling cutter, it is simple and effective to remove corns, corns, irregularities and growths, and process nails efficiently and quickly.
Stages of the pedicure:
- After treating the feet with an antiseptic, the nails are trimmed carefully to the required length.
- Preparing the skin for the procedure, places for future treatment are covered with softening gel. Paying increased attention to corns, coarsened tissues, corns.
- After waiting for 10 minutes, the softening effect, begin processing the coarsest and granular nozzle of the entire surface of the feet.
- Next, the nozzle is changed to less granular and polished skin surface.
- After treatment, the feet are washed and wiped dry.
- The next step is the processing of fingers, as well as areas of skin between them. Rough, problematic skin is treated with a softening gel. When cleaning, a fine-grained truncated cone is used. After high-quality cleaning, the softening composition is removed, and the foot is washed and wiped dry.
- Next, proceed to the processing of the nail roller and cuticle. The nail roller is treated with a fine-grained truncated cone. The cuticle is smoothed and aligned with a small spherical nozzle.
- At the final stage, using a felt nozzle, align and polish the nail plate. Lubricate the feet with a fat cream.
Only a professional apparatus for manicure and pedicure is able to cope with high-quality processing of rough skin of the foot. The frequency of application of the procedure depends on the condition of the skin of the feet. On average, a pedicure is recommended 2 times a month.
Professional manicure and pedicure machine: video
Overview of the professional Marathon manicure and pedicure machine:
Professional apparatus for manicure and pedicure “Strong-204”:
Hardware manicure and pedicure are available at home. The main thing is to choose the right device that would meet all the necessary quality requirements.