The appearance of dandruff is an unpleasant phenomenon that every adult can face at any age. To eliminate the causes of the disease, you should choose the right remedy, and also take a comprehensive approach to eliminating the problem.
The most convenient and effective form of the drug is a dandruff shampoo, which has healing and nourishing, and possibly general strengthening properties. Many of these funds are sold in pharmacies, but not all of them are really high-quality and can help.
To choose the most effective product, you must first determine the type of hair:
- Types of Dandruff Shampoos
- Tar containing
- What components should be included in the shampoo
- How to recognize quality shampoo
- Top 10 Treatment Dandruff Shampoos
- Shampoo Sebazole
- Dermazole (Dermazole)
- Shampoo “Nizoral”
- Dandruff control shampoo
- Instant Clear L’Oreal
- Shampoo Bioderma Node DS
- Shampoo Vichy Dercos
- Shampoo Squaphane S
- Keto Plus Shampoo
- Tar Shampoo Tervapuun Tuoksu
- Klorane Shampoo for Dry Dandruff with Nasturtium
- The best shampoos for the prevention of dandruff
- Mirrolla Sulsen Forte
- Shampoo-tonic Sorcerer “Prevention of dandruff”
- Video on how dandruff shampoos work
Types of Dandruff Shampoos
The composition of professional shampoos includes active healing elements, but with them dyes and aromatic substances.
The most effective dandruff shampoos have a highly targeted therapeutic effect. If sulfates and artificial flavors are present in the composition of such a product, it is better to abandon its use, since these substances can harm the hair and scalp.
Means that actively eliminate the causes of dandruff act purposefully against the fungus.
They usually contain:
- selenium disulfate
- zinc pyrithione
Cleansing the skin of dead particles prevents the formation of dandruff. The composition of such funds, as a rule, contains tar, sulfur and salicylic acid.
Medical tar is a long-proven remedy. It normalizes cellular metabolism, which helps eliminate dandruff. Tar has a firming effect on the hair roots. Birch tar also removes skin particles and excess fat.
What components should be included in the shampoo
The fight against dandruff for owners of oily hair is difficult, therefore, complex remedies are most effective. The composition includes antifungal and exfoliating substances, as well as tar and ichthyol, which can eliminate oily hair.
Other active ingredients in effective dandruff shampoos are:
- Ketoconazole (shampoos “Nizoral”, “Perhotal”) is an effective substance that destroys the fungus.
- Selenium disulfide is included in the Sulsena shampoo formula. The active substance inhibits the growth of yeast fungi, exfoliates skin particles, normalizes the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Zinc pyrithione is a component of Keto Plus. Relieves peeling of the skin, eliminates itching and irritation.
If it is necessary to use a mild agent, one of the professional children’s dandruff shampoos sold in pharmacies can be used for treatment. They are more gentle, contain active ingredients, but in a smaller volume, which is safer for the skin of the child.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How to recognize quality shampoo
Trichologists recommend paying attention to such characteristics of shampoo when buying:
- Dense fluid consistency.
- Comprehensive hair care.
- The composition contains extracts of herbs and essential oils.
- No aggressive sulfates, mineral oils, or artificial flavors (DEA, MEA, TEA)
- Low foaming.
- No pungent odor.
To quickly eliminate dandruff, along with shampooing, it is recommended to adhere to a healthy lifestyle and rationalize nutrition.
In addition, getting rid of dandruff helps:
- regular cleaning of hats
- cleaning of combs and hairpins
- head massage.
Top 10 Treatment Dandruff Shampoos
Remedies for dandruff vary in degree of therapeutic effect. The most optimal shampoo can only be determined by individual use during the minimum course of treatment in 1-2 weeks.
Means “Sebazol” – a drug in the form of shampoo and ointment. Designed to treat a range of skin diseases: seborrheic dermatitis, folliculitis, mycoses, pityriasis versicolor.
Medicinal properties: the drug is effective against a wide range of fungal organisms. In addition, it destroys staphylococci and streptococci. The active substance (ketoconazole) prevents the formation of colonies of pathogenic microorganisms.
It is also actively used for prevention, providing a lasting effect.
Contraindications: the drug is not recommended for use in lactation and pregnancy.
Side effects: may change the color of hair subjected to perm, as well as skin irritation.
Instructions for the treatment of dandruff:
- Stage 1 – treatment. Dosage: 0,17 fluid ounce per procedure. The drug is applied to washed hair for 5 minutes. The course is 4 weeks, 2 times a week.
- Stage 2 – prevention. “Sebozol” is used with a frequency of 1 time per week.
- quickly eliminates dandruff after several procedures;
- it is applied after water procedures on vacation, on tourist trips, since it is there that there is a great risk of dandruff;
- the drug is recommended by hairdressers as an improvement in the appearance of hair with improper staining;
- re-formation of dandruff is excluded, which means the product compares favorably with the rest, which cannot provide such an effect.
When applying, it is necessary to strictly observe the dosage in order to avoid side effects, since this is a medication.
“Dermazole” (Dermazole) is a broad-spectrum preparation containing a specific antimycotic. The concentration of the active substance is moderate, and therefore it is recommended by specialists for use in training and water procedures. The formula also includes zinc, known as a substance that actively acts against dry type of dandruff.
Dermazole should be applied strictly according to the rules in 2 stages:
- at the first application, apply a small amount, and then thoroughly rinse the hair;
- foam the product, apply and hold for a while for the purpose of treatment.
Precautions: the manufacturer recommends an allergy test. To this end, a little tool is applied to the elbow. If the skin does not react, you can apply.
For preventive purposes, shampoo is used once every two weeks.
Shampoo “Nizoral” is a well-known dandruff
shampoo, sold as a medicinal in a pharmacy. The effect of it is first felt on the skin. The active substance acts on the surface of the skin, so it can be used by pregnant and lactating women.
- destroys dandruff;
- nullifies irritation and itching;
- suitable for prevention;
- has a healing property;
- prevents hair loss;
- economical in consumption;
- rinses dirt and grease well.
- must be applied within 3-5 minutes;
- specific smell;
- with hormonal disorders is ineffective.
The formula includes an aggressive component of SLS that acts on the skin. To avoid trouble, before use it is necessary to do a normal test: anoint a small area of skin behind the ear and wait about 5-10 minutes.
If no reaction is observed, the application will be safe. Nizoral is not recommended for sensitive and dry skin.
Dandruff control shampoo
Dandruff Control Shampoo is a special product designed for men who have problems with dandruff. The preparation contains zinc perition, which optimizes the secretion of skin glands. This ingredient soothes the skin, perfectly cleanses and prevents the occurrence of dandruff.
The composition of the product contains menthol oil, refreshing and cooling the skin.
Thanks to plant extracts, the “Classic” line product nourishes, restores the hair structure, gives them elasticity. The formula contains antioxidants and trace elements.
Application: for regular care and prevention of dandruff. It is recommended to use 1-2 times a week. The product is applied to wet hair, foaming and evenly distributing it over the hairline. Do scalp massage for 1 minute, rinse with water. Strengthens the effect of the conditioner for daily care.
Instant Clear L’Oreal
Instant Clear L’Oreal is a shampoo that easily removes itchy skin, normalizes its balance and nourishes hair roots. The composition includes innovative components. Alpha pyrithone and alpha bisabolol destroy dandruff forever. In addition, brittle hair is reduced.
The effect on the skin is similar to gentle peeling, when keratinized skin particles are easily removed. The ingredients penetrate the hair cuticles, nourishing them, and also normalize the balance of the skin.
After application, the hair does not tangles and is easy to style. The product has a pleasant perfume aroma.
Shampoo Bioderma Node DS
Bioderma Node DS contains the Dsactiv® complex. Thanks to this component, shampoo has a multifactorial effect.
- prevents the growth of yeast-like fungi, which cause dandruff and itching;
- normalizes the secretion of sebaceous glands;
- exfoliates skin flakes;
- quickly relieves itching of the skin.
- gives shine to hair, makes it flexible and voluminous.
At the beginning of the course and during exacerbation, it is recommended to use the drug 3 times a week (only 3 weeks). For the purpose of maintenance therapy, 1-2 applications per week are sufficient.
Safety: do not allow the product to get into the eyes, and if it does get it, how to rinse it.
Node DS + is not used to wash children under 3 years of age.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Shampoo Vichy Dercos
Vichy Dercos – shampoo designed to restore balance and protective properties of the skin, is used for sensitive, dry and oily skin. The composition is based on thermal water. In addition, the product contains selenium, which effectively acts against a fungus that provokes the appearance of dandruff.
The composition of the dandruff shampoo includes therapeutic keratin, which strengthens the hair structure. Salicylic acid exfoliates skin particles, and vitamin E nourishes it.
- good foaming;
- does not dry hair;
- quickly relieves itching;
- no parabens in the composition;
- can be used for allergenic and sensitive skin.
- not recommended during pregnancy and lactation;
- not applicable for children under 12 years of age;
- sometimes causes allergies.
The shampoo is pleasant, perfumed, but to obtain a therapeutic effect, it should be kept for some time on the hair.
Shampoo Squaphane S
Squaphane S is a keratoregulator that acts against acute forms of the disease. After changing the form and packaging, Squafan S was named “Biorga Cystifan DS”. This dermatological preparation eliminates redness, itching and burning of the skin with any form of seborrhea the first time, exfoliates dead scales.
- soft surfactants cleanse the skin, while maintaining hydrolipidic protection and a natural pH;
- Climbazole + Miconazole complex does not allow the development of a fungus that causes peeling and discomfort;
- resorcinol and salicylic acid have antiseptic properties;
- juniper oil soothes and softens the skin, while strengthening the hair;
- polyquaternium-10 prevents the electrification of the hair mass.
Biorg Squafan S is not always found in the pharmacy. The volume of the bottle increased from 0,3 – 0,4 pint, respectiv
ely, the price also increased. However, the demand for shampoo is high because of its effectiveness.
Keto Plus Shampoo
Keto Plus Shampoo is a combined preparation. Ketoconazole included in its composition is effective against fungi (dermatophytes) and yeast-like fungi that affect the skin.
Zinc pyrithione acts on epithelial cells and destroys organisms that cause peeling of the skin. The product quickly soothes irritated skin, eliminates peeling.
Special instructions : when using the product, caution should be exercised. Eye contact is unacceptable. If this does happen, rinse them under running water.
In rare cases, increased hair loss was observed during use.
Tar Shampoo Tervapuun Tuoksu
Tervapuun Tuoksu – Finnish tar shampoo. The main ingredient is made from pine bark. This product contains the strength of pine resin and other natural ingredients.
The product soothes the skin, counteracts dandruff, makes the hair soft, docile. Suitable for daily use. The effect of use is noticeable after the first time – hair loss is reduced.
Pros: inexpensive and efficient. Cons: specific odor, long weathering, poor foaming.
Klorane Shampoo for Dry Dandruff with Nasturtium
Klorane is a French product based on a hydroalcoholic extract of nasturtium.
The action of the ingredients:
- the washing base cleanses the skin and hair without disturbing their structure;
- panthenol moisturizes the skin;
- Biotin is a substance that strengthens the hair and gives a natural shine;
- pyridoxine promotes hair growth;
- nasturtium extract disinfects and heals the skin;
- salicylic acid effectively eliminates dandruff.
- To foaming, whisk a small amount under running water or dilute.
- Apply to scalp and hold for several minutes until rinsing.
To get the effect of shampoo, just do this procedure once. Use the tool 2 times a week in the form of a course, and then apply weekly to consolidate the result. For sensitive skin, it is recommended to use the product with Klorane shampoo containing peony extract.
The best shampoos for the prevention of dandruff
The main advantage of therapeutic dandruff shampoos is the ease of use. The treatment is easy, without any serious side effects.
Mirrolla Sulsen Forte
Mirolla Sulsen Forte is a selenium disulfide product. This ingredient is dermatological, as it acts against the yeast causing dandruff.
- It is recommended to use as a detergent 3 times a week;
- course duration – 1-1.5 months.
Active component action:
- inhibits the reproduction of microorganisms, destructively acting on their habitat;
- normalizes the processes of exfoliation of skin flakes, which serves as a preventive measure in case of dandruff;
- normalizes the functioning of the glands and the processes of epidermal renewal.
According to the results of studies, it was found that sulsen shampoo prevents the effects that occur after dandruff. This is seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, focal hair loss.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Shampoo-tonic Sorcerer “Prevention of dandruff”
Shampoo-tonic “Sorcerer” Prevention of dandruff “is a cosmetic product that has a preventive effect. Its formula includes synthetic active substances and herbal extracts. Hop nourishes the hair and burdock acts against dry seborrhea and dandruff.
- moisturizes the skin;
- produced in bulk containers ( 0,3 gallon);
- has a natural smell;
- easy to foam;
- after application, the hair is easy to style.
- missing dispenser;
- The component includes the SLES component;
- requires the use of a balm.
The main advantage of this tool is that it thoroughly cleanses the hair of dirt.
When fighting dandruff with shampoos, you must understand that:
- Professional dandruff shampoos provide not only cleansing from dirt, dead cells, but also comprehensively care for your hair.
- And special medicines from the pharmacy have active substances aimed at quickly getting rid of the problem with a radical effect.
Thanks to the participation of doctors (dermatologists, cosmetologists, allergists and others) in the development of such products, such shampoos have the highest effectiveness in the fight against dandruff.
Video on how dandruff shampoos work
Which dandruff shampoo to choose Find out in the video:
An overview of dandruff shampoos, see the video: