The modern injection technique for face correction with fillers is called contour plastic. Using special cocktail formulations, you can adjust the shape of the cheekbones, frontal and periorbital, oval, lips and nasolabial zone.
The main advantages of the technique include minimal invasiveness and a quick aesthetic result. But, before deciding on anti-aging procedures, it is important to choose the composition of the drug, assess the risks, familiarize yourself with the indications and contraindications for contouring.
- What is this procedure and price
- Oval face fillers
- Side effects and contraindications
- Indications and how the procedure goes
- Oval correction
- Getting rid of your second chin
- Types of Fillers
- The best drugs and prices
- Aftercare after modeling
- Possible consequences and complications
- Video overview of facial contouring methods
What is this procedure and price
Face contouring with fillers is a safe non-surgical method for correcting age-related changes, flaws in appearance, rejuvenation and tightening.
The essence of the technique involves the subcutaneous administration of specially formulated formulations. Biological substances, penetrating into the dermal layers and epidermis, fill the voids and activate the natural processes of regeneration. As a result, turgor rises, intercellular metabolism normalizes, and tissue tissue accelerates. The skin takes on a healthy, radiant and toned look.
The microimplant correction method allows you to simultaneously solve several problems, filling the voids inside the tissues and adding volume to those areas where it is necessary, as well as correcting the contours of the oval, making them more precise.
In modern cosmetology, this type of procedure is also used not only for the correction of facial areas, but also for the cervical, decollete, earlobes, hands and even the intimate area.
The main advantages of non-surgical plastics for facial rejuvenation include:
- affordability of procedures in comparison with operational correction methods;
- universality of technology and a wide age range;
- the possibility of significant external improvements and activation of internal regeneration processes;
- the absence of a long rehabilitation period and a complex healing process;
- a wide range of bio-based compounds on a synthetic, biosynthetic or biodegradable basis;
- minimal risk of developing negative side effects and complications after the procedures.
The relative disadvantages of contouring include the need to undergo a course of procedures and a more short-term effect, in comparison with the operational techniques of rejuvenation.
The cost of the course depends on several factors:
- qualifications of a cosmetologist;
- pricing policy of a clinic or office;
- origin of the biologics filler;
- the number of plastic sessions;
- skin condition and skin imperfections;
- specifics of the area of introduction of fillers.
The cost of a full course of contouring with fillers in metropolitan clinics can range from $ 204 – $ 612.
Oval face fillers
With age, under the influence of gravitational forces and external negative factors, the skin loses elasticity, and the contour of the oval – the sharpness of the lines. Thinning of subcutaneous fatty tissue occurs, gravitational extension of the fibers of internal tissues, the concentration of hyaluronic acid decreases, which leads to the development of gravitational ptosis of tissues.
There are several cosmetic techniques for lifting the oval; one of the most effective is the contour correction with fillers, or bio-reinforcement.
Contour modeling of an oval is recommended if:
- there is a desire to improve the shape of the oval and return the contours to a precise shape;
- the shape of the chin is unaesthetic;
- lips have a vague contour, not symmetrical;
- the effect of sunken cheeks is observed;
- there are wrinkles and creases;
- there is a deformation or violation of the symmetry of the contours as a result of injuries or surgical intervention.
For such procedures that correct the contour of the oval, cosmetologists most often recommend the use of safe and biocompatible hyaluronate-based implant formulations.
Hyaluronic acid is an integral component:
- cartilage tissue;
- connective and nerve tissue.
The substance acts as a connecting element for water molecules in the superficial and deep layers of the skin, which contributes to the maximum hydration of tissues, normalization of hydrobalance, improvement of turgor, and restoration of skin elasticity. The component also acts as an activator of cell metabolism, improvement of cellular immunity and a protector from the effects of external negative factors.
To correct the contours of the oval, fillers with the most dense gel consistency are used, which, when introduced into the tissue, fill the voids as much as possible, fill in the missing volumes and create a bio-reinforcement effect, forming a new framework and returning the sharpness to the contours.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Side effects and contraindications
Contouring of the face with fillers is a safe technique for rejuvenation, characterized by low invasiveness and minimal risk of complications after invasion of biological products.
All side effects can be caused by the following reasons:
- reaction at the injection sites with the development of erythema and hematomas;
- reaction to improper administration of drugs with the formation of seals and nodules;
- individual intolerance, allergy to the components of the biocomposition;
- vascular reactions by blockage of blood vessels or discoloration of the skin in places of microtrauma.
Normal reactions that occur after a short time (from several hours to several days) include:
- the appearance of swelling;
- bruises, bruises, small seals at the sites of infestations;
- the development of swelling and redness in the field of correction;
- minor pain, itching.
All these side effects can be removed with an ice compress, wound healing ointments, corticosteroids, antihistamines as prescribed by a cosmetologist. To avoid more serious negative consequences, the specialist, before prescribing a course with the introduction of a particular type of composition, collects an anamnesis and introduces the patient to a number of contraindications.
Contouring with fillers is not recommended:
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- during an exacerbation of various chronic diseases;
- if in places of correction there are open wounds, mechanical damage, traces of burns, rashes, ulcers;
- in the presence of moles, traces of hyperpigmentation;
- if taking medications that affect blood coagu
lation is indicated;
- with signs of hemophilia, any blood diseases;
- if diagnosed with AIDS / HIV, any manifestations of immunodeficiency;
- if there is a risk of allergic reactions after the introduction of bioimplants.
- in the presence of cancer, neoplasms;
- with diabetes mellitus of any type in the stage of decompensation;
- diseases of a viral, bacterial or fungal nature;
- mental and autoimmune disorders.
It is also not recommended to carry out injection procedures for correction and rejuvenation under the age of 18 years. The optimal age for therapy with fillers is from 30-35 years. Sessions of modeling biological products after installing silicone implants in places of future injections and laser resurfacing procedures are contraindicated.
In order to avoid serious complications, it is necessary to first obtain expert advice and take tests to exclude any contraindications.
Indications and how the procedure goes
Contour plastic surgery for the face, cervical and decollete is performed only under clinical conditions by qualified cosmetologists. Filling of flaws and voids in the tissues is carried out by fillers – preparations with a synthetic, biological or biodegradable base.
Showing skin contouring sessions:
- with signs of gravitational ptosis;
- with traces of acne;
- results of premature aging;
- with formed facial wrinkles and age-related wrinkles and nasolabial folds;
- lost volume and elasticity;
- with signs of hyperpigmentation that is dull and has lost a healthy color;
- thinned, with signs of sagging, excessive dryness.
Also, modeling is shown to those who want to correct asymmetry, lack of volume and excessive pallor of the lips, make cheekbones more voluminous, eliminate sagging of the earlobes, hands and neck. Due to the active action of the substances that make up the filler preparations, visible improvements will occur after 1-2 sessions.
Depending on the specifics of the correction zone, cosmetologists use several techniques for introducing sealing cocktails:
- Point, or papular. The needle is placed at an angle of 45 degrees and the drug is administered on points in small doses. In the places of injections micronodules are formed, which resolve within 2-3 days.
- “Point by point.” The technique involves the introduction of a cocktail in the lower or middle part of the skin tissue in small portions parallel to the crease or wrinkle line.
- Linear retrograde . The classic technique of introducing fillers with filling wrinkles “from the bottom” and gradually to the upper layer of the epidermis. The needle is inserted at an angle of 30 degrees and the substance is released by the piston, gradually pulling the needle out.
- Fan . The principle is similar to linear retrograde technology. The peculiarity is the implementation of one injection with a needle, and then foot fan injection of the filler from the turns of the needle at an acute angle.
- Bolus. A technique with the deepest possible introduction of the composition to the periosteum. The cosmetologist selects a direct or acute angle of injection individually, it depends on the nature of the defect.
In addition to the basic techniques, cosmetologists also apply Paris, Hollywood, multipuncture or grid technology for introducing fillers. The choice of filler introduction method is subcutaneously selected depending on the specifics of the modeling field.
Using the technique of contour lifting with fillers, correction of various facial areas is performed, it all depends on the indications and desires of the patient. The drug is administered deeply subcutaneously using ultra-thin nano-needles, which practically leave no traces and do not injure the epidermis.
Before starting the procedures, the cosmetologist selects the optimal composition of the cocktail and notes the areas that need to be adjusted – the cheekbone area, cheeks, and the chin area. As a rule, fan technique is used for suspending with modeling of individual sections.
The filler correction session is performed according to the following algorithm:
- The treatment area is cleaned of contaminants and makeup.
- An anesthetic gel is applied to anesthetize sensitive areas.
- The injection sites are marked with a medical marker.
- The filler is introduced into problem areas.
- A soothing gel or mask is applied to the treated area.
A modeling and correction session can last 40-50 minutes, it all depends on the specifics of the treated area, the condition of the skin, as well as the type and amount of the drug administered to correct the flaws.
To restore clarity to the contours of the face and eliminate the effect of a blown oval, the correction procedure is performed as follows:
- First, correction zones are marked and cleared.
- A filler is injected into the marked areas – the cheekbone, chin, frontal.
- After the session, a soothing mask is applied.
Getting rid of your second chin
In order to eliminate the second chin, hyaluronidase-based fillers are used. The drug has a dense gel consistency. Together with the correction of the chin area, sagging of the neck can be eliminated.
For such procedures, the fern technique is selected. Its essence lies in the fact that the needle is inserted perpendicular to the central part by a cut into the middle layer of the skin by half or two thirds of the needle. Also, the maximum effect when eliminating the second chin is given by the mesh method of introducing the composition, which allows you to form a dense skeleton and tighten the skin. The procedure takes no more than 20 minutes.
To correct age and expression creases, preparations with hyaluronic acid are used directly in the fold zone.
The following types of techniques are used:
- multipuncture – to eliminate horizontal frontal wrinkles;
- linear retrograde – for the correction of nasolacrimal grooves and deep folds;
- Parisian – to eliminate fine facial wrinkles;
- sandwich method – for smoothing the deepest creases.
The most popular procedure, the cost of one session varies from $ 122 – $ 163.
To simulate individual zones – enlargement and correction of the lips, replenishing the volume of the cheekbone area, raising the tip of the nose and correcting the shape, giving the contours of clarity, dense gel prepar
ations are used.
Fillers are introduced into the marked areas using miniature cannulas – hollow tubes with a rounded end, which make the procedure more effective, painless and safe. In contrast to the introduction of needles, during the simulation using the cannula adjacent tissues are not injured, blood vessels are not damaged.
As a result, you can return the cheeks roundness, crisp cheekbones, seductive swelling of the lips, symmetry, the correct shape of the nose and chin.
The bio-reinforcement method is used for complex correction and facial rejuvenation. This is the most optimal way of non-surgical correction in cases where mesotherapy and peels do not give a positive result. The bottom line is to form a skeleton of skin tissues to strengthen them and reduce the impact of gravitational forces.
The drug, when administered, is distributed in such a way as to form a network of gel to prevent further deformation. The method can be used both independently and in various combinations with other contouring techniques.
Types of Fillers
Face contouring with fillers is an effective rejuvenation technique and an excellent alternative to surgical intervention.
To correct various flaws, several types of fillers are used:
- Synthetic. The composition based on synthetic components has a constant universal effect. The basis of the drug is made up of substances such as paraffin, silicone or polyacrylamide. A special property of such substances is their inability to naturally excrete from the body, so synthetic fillers are used for contour plastics with a constant effect. One of the main disadvantages is the insufficient level of bioinertness of substances, which often leads to the development of negative consequences – allergic reactions, inflammation.
- Biosynthetic. The innovative composition of such drugs is based on chemically modified components of biological origin. The composition of such cocktails contains a high percentage of soluble collagen, hydroxyapatite, polycaprolactone. As synthetic components, fillers are supplemented with polymethyl methacrylates, carboxymethyl cellulose. Natural components activate the physiological processes of renewal, and synthetic ones fill the voids in the tissues and create the necessary volume.
- Biodegradable. Temporary drugs that have the ability to completely remove from the body. The main advantage of biodegradable formulations is to minimize the risk of complications after contouring. The main components of the composition are purified collagen, hyaluronic and lactic acid. The maximum effect after such sessions lasts no more than 9-12 months, then the procedure must be repeated.
The choice of the type of drug for contouring is carried out by a cosmetologist after assessing the condition of problem areas, the presence of contraindications and characteristics of the patient’s body, as well as the desired aesthetic result.
The best drugs and prices
The result and duration of the effect depends on the choice of the type of filler – with a biosynthetic, biodegradable or synthetic base.
The best highly concentrated professional formulations for contouring are presented below:
|The name of the drug||Type of composition||Impact Feature||Cost (1 pc.)|
|Juvederm||Biodegradable||The main active ingredient – high concentration hyaluronidase, is used in cases where it is necessary to achieve a pronounced rejuvenation effect||$ 95.|
|Restylane Vital||Biodegradable||A preparation based on hyaluronic acid helps to create a visible volume effect, smooth deep wrinkles, filling the inside with the active substance.||$ 125|
|Collost||Biodegradable||Gel filler based on natural purified collagen activates natural processes and fills the voids in the tissues. It has a cumulative effect when repeating a course of procedures.||$ 48.|
|Artecall||Biosynthetic||Due to the synthesis of soluble collagen and insoluble polymethylmethacrylate, the process of encapsulation of the drug particles in the tissues is activated, which causes the long-term effect of contour plastics.||$ 109.|
|RMMA||Synthetic||Composition based on polymethyl methacrylate and synthetic collagen. It is indicated for use in the presence of scars, deep wrinkles and wrinkles, visible soft tissue defects.||$ 75.|
The most popular drug of the new generation is Surzhiderm composition with a minimal risk of complications and high impact effectiveness.
The French manufacturer presents a whole line of compositions for local and complex struggle with age-related changes, creating additional volume and eliminating skin defects.
Aftercare after modeling
Contouring of the face with fillers is a procedure with minimal trauma, as cannulas or thin nano-needles are used for invasions. Despite this, in order to avoid negative consequences and to achieve a lasting result, it is necessary to observe a number of rules for leaving after modeling.
Rules for leaving after modeling:
- In the first 4-5 hours after the plastic session, it is not recommended to take a horizontal position, lean forward.
- Limit coffee in the morning for 2 weeks, exclude spicy, fatty foods, alcohol from the diet.
- Within 2-3 days after the session, do not touch the corrected areas with your hands, choose a sleeping pose on your back to avoid gel migration.
- Within 3-5 days, do not apply decorative cosmetics, exclude cleansing procedures, scrubbing.
- For uniform distribution of the gel, it is recommended to perform massage exercises, but under the guidance of a cosmetologist.
- For 2-4 days before and after the procedure, exclude the use of blood-thinning drugs to reduce the risk of hematomas.
After contouring, it is necessary to carefully monitor the cleanliness of the skin, it is recommended to treat the areas with mild disinfectants. If complications arise during the rehabilitation period, you should immediately seek help from a specialist.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Possible consequences and complications
The course of procedures may include from 3 to 8 sessions of injection plastic. The appointment of the drug and the number of sessions is carried out by a cosmetologist after assessing the condition of the skin. After the procedure, the occurrence of early or delayed negative reactions is possible.
Early reactions include the appearance of tumors, redness, bruising, pain, itching, and infectious inflammation. Granulomatous inflammation with the formation of nodules and seals is a dangerous delayed complication that can develop after contour plastic surgery due to improper administration or incorrect selection of the drug.
To avoid possible consequences and complications in the future, cosmetologists recommend:
- Start contouring with temporary fillers based on hyaluronic acid.
- 2 weeks before the procedure, stop taking blood-thinning drugs.
- Turn only to experienced qualified cosmetologists who can choose the individually optimal filler insertion technique.
Unlike biodegradable and biosynthetic preparations, permanent compounds can only be removed by dissection and drainage of tissues. To eliminate fillers based on hyaluronic acid, hyaluronidase injections are used, biosynthetic fillers can be corrected by laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, and corticosteroid injections.
Effective facial contouring with special fillers is a safer and more effective alternative to surgical rejuvenation.
As maintenance therapy, 1-2 months after the modeling course, it is recommended to carefully care for the skin, perform vacuum massage and ultrasound rejuvenation sessions.
Video overview of facial contouring methods
Face contouring: what is it: