Due to the harmful effects of the environment, age-related changes, improper lifestyle, signs of aging appear on the skin of the face: pronounced wrinkles, flabby cheeks and chin, loss of freshness. When it is no longer possible to cope with such signs with the help of cosmetics, a circular facelift will come to the rescue.
This is a plastic procedure that allows you to adjust the oval of the face as a whole, as well as smooth wrinkles. You can see the results of the procedure using the before and after photos, the changes on which can be seen with the naked eye.
- What is a circular facelift and cost
- Indications for the procedure
- Possible negative effects of a facelift
- At what age can you do a lift
- Types of circular facelift
- Place of operation
- Operation Methods
- Preparation for surgery
- Is anesthesia used
- Operation Technique
- The technique of conducting a circular facelift with threads
- Laser Procedure
- Radio wave lift without surgery
- Surgical procedure
- Rehabilitation period
- Proper skin care after the procedure
- How long does the effect last
- Facelift video (circular facelift)
What is a circular facelift and cost
The essence of the operation is to tighten the entire muscle-aponeurotic layer, including the skin and soft tissues.
The operation of a circular facelift allows you to achieve the long-term effect of facial rejuvenation, namely:
- removal of deep folds of the skin;
- return to the face of a clear contour;
- smoothing wrinkles of medium depth;
- restoration of the aesthetic angle between the neck and chin;
- special attention is paid to wrinkles in the eyes, lips, forehead and cheeks.
In general, the face visually becomes 5-10 years younger, depending on the initial condition of the skin and individual anatomical features. It is important that in addition to the anti-aging effect, a circular facelift (before and after photos) slows down the appearance of new wrinkles and other signs of skin aging.
The cost of the procedure depends on the complexity and volume of the upcoming procedure, as well as on the pricing policy of the center of plastic surgery itself. Taking into account all the nuances, the scale of price variation is quite high: from $ 2584 – $ 4896.
Indications for the procedure
These are the following disadvantages of appearance:
- the appearance of pronounced nasolabial folds;
- lowered corners of the eyes and eyelid tissue;
- fuzzy contours of the chin, the appearance of a second chin (its presence is manifested in the appearance of a seal between the chin and neck when lowering the head);
- sagging cheeks and neck (this problem may appear not only due to aging of the skin, but also in connection with a sharp weight loss);
- pronounced wrinkles;
- floated face oval;
- sagging skin, which occurs due to the loss of stocks of elastin and collagen in the epidermis over time).
There are a number of contraindications for facelift:
- Pregnancy. This contraindication is mainly due to the fact that the procedure will be a waste of money: during pregnancy, women gain weight, and after the birth of a child, the total body weight begins to decrease sharply, and therefore a problem of sagging cheeks may appear. That will reduce the effectiveness of the operation to 0.
- The presence of cancer.
- Poor blood coagulation functionality.
- Severe infections associated with infections.
- Reduced skin elasticity.
- Acute diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Possible negative effects of a facelift
A circular facelift, the photos before and after which this is clearly demonstrated, can lead to the following complications:
- Swelling of the face. As a rule, edema passes after 2 to 3 weeks from the operation, but in some cases this period may increase. Most problems associated with edema occur due to fluid stagnation, and is solved by a doctor through various tools: drainage tubes, compression masks, lymphatic drainage massage. However, increasing edema, which is accompanied by pain, can be the cause of more serious problems, such as internal bleeding.
- The formation of hematomas. During the operation, the surgeon can touch the vessel, the blood from which spills and forms a hematoma. In most cases, these problems are solved by themselves, pass through Z-8 days, like a normal bruise. However, in some cases, when the hematoma does not go away on its own, a doctor’s intervention may be required to remove blood clots and seal the damaged vessel.
- Necrosis of the skin (necrosis). This complication can appear both due to the individual characteristics of the patient (poor blood circulation, diabetes), and due to poor-quality surgery (excessive skin tension). Signs of necrosis can be seen by the changed skin color, loss of sensitivity. Treatment is carried out both medically and surgically, depending on the stage of the disease.
- Nerve damage. The blame for the appearance of this problem rests entirely with the surgeon. The consequences of nerve damage can be different: from loss of sensitivity to paralysis of a separate area of the face. Treatment may be surgical or medication.
- Pronounced scars. A similar problem arises from the individual characteristics of the patient’s skin. Therefore, before appointing an operation, you should consult your doctor for reasons that can cause this complication. Scars can also appear with improper skin care after surgery. Depending on the size, scars can be eliminated using special creams or laser removal.
- Hair loss. Often, those hairs that are at the seams weaken and fall out, but other parts of the cover can also suffer losses. To treat the problem, it is necessary to identify the cause of its appearance: scars, stress, etc.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
At what age can you do a lift
Often this operation is recommended for women whose age exceeds Z5-40 years. At an earlier age, there are still no prerequisites for the procedure that could not be solved with the help of cosmetic preparations.
Types of circular facelift
A circular facelift can be divided into 2 groups, depending on the area of intervention and the technique of the procedure. Photos before and after the procedure will clearly demonstrate their difference.
Place of operation
Upper part of the face . This type of operation includes lifting the upper eyelids, forehead and eyebrow area. An endoscope is used to carry out the procedure, which allows an operation to be performed with the least risk of manifestation of any consequences. The doctor’s goal is to rid the patient of excess skin with the help of special tool
s and tighten the muscles, with further fixing them with self-absorbable threads. Complete healing of sutures occurs in 2-4 weeks, after which there should be virtually no residue.
- The middle part of the face. It affects the area from the lower eyelid to the upper lip: the area around the eyes, nose, cheeks and corners of the mouth. With this type of operation, it is necessary to move tissues along the vertical axis.
- The lower part of the face and neck. Surgeons include everything that is located below the corners of the mouth, including the chin, partially the cheeks and neck, to this site. In this type of operation, the doctor does not work with the skin, but with the muscle-aponeurotic layer. Its implementation is justified in the presence of pronounced sagging skin. The surgeon’s task here is to make several incisions (under the chin, slightly below the ears along the hairline), pass through them the fixing threads, which are then pulled and held together.
The operation is carried out:
- By threads . The procedure takes from Z0 min. up to an hour, depending on the complexity of the problems. It is carried out in a day hospital. Leaving the hospital is allowed after 3 to 4 hours after the operation. Using special threads, the surgeon forms the frame, which is necessary to hold the tissues in position.
- With a laser. The procedure is usually limited to 60 minutes. To protect the patient, he needs to arm himself with special glasses from radiation. Waves of different lengths help to solve various problems: the destruction of adipose tissue, sealing vessels, the effect of lifting. Most effective for surgery on the lower face.
- Radio waves. This operation is carried out up to 3 sessions in 3 minutes. each. The essence of the procedure is as follows: radio waves of various lengths penetrate the skin, heating the skin and strengthening the collagen layer.
Preparation for surgery
The patient does not need to carry out any special preparatory procedures, it is only necessary:
2 weeks before surgery, refuse:
- tobacco products;
- drugs of medicinal origin.
- a solarium, baths and saunas (during laser surgery).
The day before the operation:
- do not eat heavy food;
- do not apply any cosmetics to the face and hair;
- eat diet foods in small quantities.
On the day of direct surgery, the patient should not drink fluids and food at all.
Is anesthesia used
A circular lift (before and after photos) implies anesthesia in all forms, except for the procedure using radio waves. Since it does not cause any pain and does not require punctures and incisions of the skin. Under general anesthesia, as a rule, only a surgical procedure is carried out, other types of operations are performed under local anesthesia, which is administered using injections.
However, in some cases, for example, if the patient has an increased sensitivity, other types of circular facelift can be performed under general anesthesia.
The technique of conducting a circular facelift with threads
The sequence of operations:
- The introduction of pain medication. For this, the surgeon puts special injections in the area where the operation will be performed. The injection lasts from 5 to 10 hours, protecting the patient from discomfort and pain.
- Disinfection. In order to avoid contaminants and microorganisms getting into the punctures, the patient’s face is treated with special substances.
- Drawing a marking . At this stage, the doctor determines in which areas of the face punctures will be made.
- Embedding threads. Using thin needles, the surgeon pulls the threads through the punctures, then regulates the tension and holds them together.
The sequence of the procedure:
- Accommodation Before starting the procedure, the patient must take the necessary position. It is laid facing the ceiling so that the body is at an angle of between 0-40 degrees. In this case, the muscles should be completely relaxed.
- The introduction of pain medication. With this technique, as a rule, local layer-by-layer anesthesia is used. However, in some cases general anesthesia may be used.
- Cleansing the skin. For this, facial skin is treated with a degreasing and antibacterial effect. Then you need to wait for the complete drying of the substance.
- Division of the face into sections. Before the procedure, the doctor draws the necessary lines and points where the cuts will be made. This stage allows you to make the procedure the most accurate.
- Application of the gel. This substance has a heating effect and is used to obtain the greatest effect from the laser.
- Direct laser application. This stage of the procedure is the main one. The laser is directed to the necessary areas of the skin, with different wavelengths.
Radio wave lift without surgery
This method of circular facelift is the only one where cuts are not made. However, this, as you can see from the photo before and after, does not make it less effective.
- Cleansing and toning of the epidermis. To do this, a special gel is applied to the surface of the face, which activates the cells responsible for the production of elastin and collagen – fibroblasts.
- Lifting effect. At this stage, the patient’s face is covered with a special substance that has a lifting effect. Coverage areas are selected according to the criteria for exposure to microwaves. Then you need to wait for the complete absorption of the product.
- Skin heating. At this stage, 1Z-20 minutes are allocated. The temperature is selected depending on the complexity of the problems. It is worth considering that choosing an incompetent doctor, at this stage you can get a burn. Therefore, do not start from the cheapness of the procedure when choosing honey. center.
- Moisturizing the epidermis . Each specialist chooses a moisturizer in his opinion. However, as a rule, various vegetable oils are used for this purpose.
- Anesthesia Since this operation is the most painful compared to the others, it is performed under the influence of general anesthesia.
- Cleansing the epidermis . In this case, all facial tissues and those adjacent to them are processed, including the chin and neck.
- Direct operation. The stages of the operation include exfoliation of the skin using incisions. They are done as follows: first, an incision is made in the temporal, which continues to the ear. Then the incision is brought to the nape of the neck, which contributes to the exfoliation of the dermis of the cheeks, neck, temples and chin. Then the surgeon redistributes the muscles, epidermis and fat deposits to the necessary positions. Next, pull-up is used, with which the skin is fixed in the desired position. The final steps are the removal of excess fat and fixing the result with sutures. Incisions are sutured with special threads that exclude the appearance of scars.
- Bandage application. It must be changed every few days.
The duration of the procedure varies from 60 minutes to 1.5 hours.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
A circular facelift (before and after photos) has a different effect on patients and on the rehabilitation period, depending on the chosen method of the procedure.
How is the rehabilitation:
- Thread Lift . The most difficult period lasts 3 days. At this stage, it is necessary to exclude active movements of the oral cavity, including chewing food. It is best to abandon solid foods at this time, and cut the rest into as small pieces as possible. At least 3 times a day should be treated with peroxide punctures in order to avoid infection. Patches should be removed no earlier than after 1–3 days. Complete rehabilitation takes place on average in 4 weeks.
- Laser Lift. Edema in the areas of laser exposure pass on average after 3 days, and feelings of stiffness and discomfort after 1–3 days. To avoid complications, it is necessary to abandon alcohol and hot showers, as well as control the pressure. When strong hematomas appear, the use of special gels is allowed.
- Tightening by radio waves. With this method of skin tightening, there are no consequences and restrictions – the patient can immediately return to his usual lifestyle. Over 3 days after the procedure, redness of the skin may appear, but soon it will pass on its own.
- Surgery . In the first 3 days, the patient is recommended to remain under the supervision of doctors in case of complications. It is forbidden to use any makeup for a week after the operation. Every few days you should remove the bandage, replacing it with a new one. Sutures are removed after 2 weeks, and the total rehabilitation period takes up to 1 month.
General rules for any type of facelift are:
- limitation of exposure to UV rays;
- Do not engage in heavy physical labor;
- refuse visits to saunas and steam rooms.
Proper skin care after the procedure
There are no specific recommendations in this regard: the main thing is to implement the recommendations on the rehabilitation period. After the expiration of the recovery period, skin care can be the usual procedure: cleansing, toning, moisturizing and nutrition.
How long does the effect last
The duration of the effect depends on the selected area and method of operation. In general, the average duration is a period of 3 years. However, the radio wave method has the shortest retention time of the effect.
Modern technologies provide several methods for circular facelift, most of which involve minimal surgical intervention.
With this diversity, everyone will be able to find the best option, and the photos before and after will help determine when they are selected.
Facelift video (circular facelift)
How is the facelift surgery performed:
Circular facelift today and 10 years ago: