Triceps is a triceps muscle located in the upper part of the arms. It consists of 3 connected heads of different sizes. To keep your hands healthy and fit, it’s important to keep your triceps in good shape. Simple exercises that can be done in the gym can help with this.
- Rules for pumping triceps for girls to gain muscle mass
- Safety Precautions During Training
- How often do you need to do to achieve results
- Training preparation
- Top 15 Triceps Gym Exercises For Girls
- Triceps extension
- French bench press or triceps extension lying
- Bench push ups
- Push ups
- Ball push ups
- Side push ups
- One-handed extension
- One-handed extension
- Triceps extension with standing expander
- Tilt thrust
- Side bar with lifting dumbbells
- Narrow grip bench press
- Press down on the block
- Fitball pushups
- Horizontal bends with an expander
- Useful triceps exercise videos for girls in the gym
Rules for pumping triceps for girls to gain muscle mass
Triceps exercises in the gym allow you to build beautiful arm muscles. Regular training will help to avoid sagging, stretch marks and excess fat. To achieve good results, girls need to focus on the number of repetitions, rather than on weight and weighting agents.
When pumping muscles, it is necessary to take into account the purpose of the training:
- for mass gain – 8-12 times;
- to achieve muscle relief – 13-17 times;
- for burning fat – up to 20 times.
Each exercise is performed in 2-3 sets. In addition, athletes need to take short breaks between sets. The smaller the pause, the better the result. Also, do not forget about the warm-up before training. It is important to warm up all muscle groups well, because many of them are indirectly involved in pumping triceps.
Stretching is necessary to minimize injuries during exercise, which are possible with weak tissue elasticity. In each room there is a specialist who will help you choose a training program. In mass work, communication with the trainer is necessary to complicate the technique of exercises, in the process of mastering them, and to include weighting agents in the program.
For 1 workout, it is not recommended to perform 10 or 15 exercises. Enough 15 minutes. warm-ups and 3-4 exercises for pumping all triceps heads. Training must be arranged in such a way as to gradually alternate the selected number of exercises.
Equally important is food. When gaining muscle mass, more material is required for building tissues, so it is necessary to increase the number of meals from 3 to 5. The amount of absorbed food also needs to be increased.
Menus are made up of such products:
In addition to performing basic exercises, you must follow the classic rules of a healthy lifestyle.
In combination with training, they contribute to a faster set of muscle mass:
- sleep at least 7-8 hours a day;
- drink 4 – 5 pint of water without gas;
- exclude the use of carbohydrates after 19:00;
- perform cardio and strength training 3 times a week;
- Do not eat fast food and trans fats.
Safety Precautions During Training
The right technique is the key to success and effectiveness of the exercise. In addition, following the rules and the sequence of actions during training helps to avoid injuries and sprains. A good workout is the base of the workout. Without warming up all muscle groups, the risk of injury increases several times.
During triceps exercises, a very important factor is the grip width and the position of the elbows. No need to start the complex without making sure that the arms are shoulder width or slightly wider. Too narrow a grip can damage the wrist in the first seconds of training. Elbows should not look in different directions or is in a relaxed state.
They help to remove excess load from the triceps, so their correct position guarantees the quality of the exercise. As strength skills improve, weight training is included in training. It is important not to overdo it, but to increase the weight of the weighting agents very slowly, in order to avoid injuries.
You should also consider several points:
- a set of triceps exercises is performed after pumping the biceps, back or shoulders;
- triceps is involved in many bench exercises, so you should not set aside a separate day just to train this muscle;
- the pause between sets should not exceed 2 minutes, otherwise the muscles will have to be reheated;
- Do not chase the number of repetitions and approaches, as the muscles need rest;
- no need to build a workout from exercises on 1 muscle group, you need to use them all;
- when the slightest pain occurs, stop training;
- after the end of the complex of exercises, you need to spend 2-5 minutes stretching the triceps.
How often do you need to do to achieve results
Exercises for triceps in the gym is enough to perform 2-3 times a week. Too often, loading the triceps is not necessary, since a completely different effect can be achieved. Triceps overload will not only lead to the formation of large arms of the male type, but will also affect the elasticity of tissues, which in the future can cause injuries.
The duration of 1 training is 40-45 minutes. This time is enough for preheating the muscles, and for performing a set of exercises. For a set of triceps muscle mass in complex training, it is enough to take 1-2 hours a week for 2-3 months.
Triceps exercises in the gym are best started with a trainer. Consultation with a specialist and the construction of a training plan according to their purpose are necessary both for the correct handling of devices and for the correction of errors during exercise. Only 3-4 joint training sessions will create the basis for subsequent independent work with the body.
In addition, teamwork will help you better plan the exercises for each workout during mass gain. Nevertheless, warming up is the basis for training any muscle group. It is necessary to warm up all the tissues and tendons in order to give them elasticity.
Do not come to the hall with a feeling of hunger. 1.5 hours before training, it is recommended to eat vegetables or potatoes, and 20 minutes to drink a glass of water without gas.
It is also important for the athlete to remain positive and avoid stress. During training, it is necessary to mentally work out each movement with an orientation toward achieving the goal. If you approach the classes with a positive attitude, then the result will not be long in coming.
Top 15 Triceps Gym Exercises For Girls
Girls should not be afraid of triceps exercises. Their implementation will not turn women’s hands into a mountain of muscles, like in men. They have a lot of t
estosterone in their body, which contributes to enhanced muscle gain.
Exercise for triceps will help the beautiful half of humanity to get rid of sagging hands and bring muscles to tone. In addition, physical activity extends to other parts of the body, which will allow you to work out almost all problem areas.
Triceps exercises in the gym are performed on lever machines. In addition to triceps, deltoid and pectoralis major muscles are involved in the training. An arm curl trainer is best suited for the exercise, but in its absence you can use a crossover.
Execution in the lower block:
- Take the starting position – stand straight, facing the simulator, not bending forward. This will help direct the weight precisely to the triceps, and not to the remaining muscle groups.
- Grasp the handles with your palms. Elbows should be motionlessly pressed to the body. This step is the most important throughout the workout.
- Bend your arms, align your back, raise your chest and bend a little in the lower back.
- Stretch your arms fully so that the load goes to the shoulder muscles.
- For convenience, you can put one of the legs forward.
Performing in the lower block is ideal for beginners, and in the upper block for experienced athletes. The use of a simulator for exercises in the upper block is extremely traumatic, therefore it should be performed in the presence of a trainer.
French bench press or triceps extension lying
Triceps extension is considered the best exercise for pumping this muscle. It is carried out using a bar. It is important to remember that for performance it is worth taking less weight and doing more repetitions.
- Lie on a wide horizontal bench so that the crown hangs slightly. Put your feet on the floor, firmly press the buttocks to the bench. The chest is directed to the top, the press is tense.
- Lower the bar so that the forearms are straight. The main thing is to monitor the elbows, they should not move.
- Place your elbows behind your head and slowly lower the bar below the level of the crown. The closer the projectile is to the head, the more effective the exercise.
- Quickly raise the bar above your head and repeat the exercise.
When performing the French bench press, do not lower the bar too low. It is also necessary to ensure that throughout the exercise the lower back and buttocks fit snugly against the bench.
Bench push ups
Bench triceps exercises have gained popularity among athletes due to their ability to pump triceps heads using their own weight. Among its advantages also distinguish the ability to feel muscle tension during training and control it.
Girls push-ups from the bench in the gym will help in the fight against cellulite and sagging hands.
- Set benches at a certain distance parallel to each other. It depends on the growth of the athlete.
- To stand between the benches, put your palms on the back bench, and place the other legs. Hands should be spread shoulder width or slightly wider. The feet must be pressed down or leave a gap between them.
- Straighten your legs and bend a little in the lower back. Buttocks should be at a small distance from the palms.
- Slowly lower the pelvis down on inhalation, press your hands to the body and bend them at the elbows. It is necessary to lower to a comfortable position, avoiding pain in the joints.
- On exhalation – return to its original position.
During execution, attention should be paid to the setting of hands. With a large distance between the palms, the risk of damage to the ligaments and cartilage of the shoulder and elbow joints increases.
Push-ups help to qualitatively improve the athlete’s endurance and tone the general condition of the body, due to the work of all muscle groups. The classical exercise develops not only triceps, but also the elasticity of the shoulder muscles.
- Settle down on the floor.
- Put your palms under your shoulders, elbows are at an angle of 45 °, not too apart. The body should form a straight line, the head is in the middle position, the back is straight. The body should not bend in the pelvis or lower back, the press is tense.
- Bending your elbows, slowly lower the body as low as possible so that the elbows form a right angle.
- Having practically reached the floor with the chest, without touching it, straighten your elbows without sudden movements.
During push-ups, the body should not move, but is in a tense state. For girls, this exercise is recommended due to the lack of additional means of weighting – so the triceps will take on a natural shape.
Ball push ups
To complete the exercise you will need any ball (soccer, basketball). Push-ups of this type are good in that they allow you to work out not only triceps, but also the press, as well as the shoulder muscles. It is difficult for beginners to immediately master the technique of working with the ball, however, after training, they will certainly appreciate all the benefits of the exercise.
- Sit down on the floor with the ball in front of you.
- Grasp the ball with your palms and rest against it, legs apart at shoulder width.
- Straighten your back and hold it in that position.
- On inspiration, bend your elbows and drop down until the chest touches the ball.
- On the exhale, straighten your arms and squeeze from the ball, not forgetting to keep your back straight.
For experienced athletes, an exercise with 2 balls is also suitable. It will help to additionally load the pectoral muscles. During execution, it is necessary to monitor the position of the legs, since a small distance between the feet provokes an increase in pressure on the knees.
Side push ups
Push-ups on the side are a complicated exercise. It can be performed by advanced athletes who possess the ability to maintain balance. Lateral push-ups well pump arms and lateral abdominal muscles.
- Sit on the floor, on the right side, bend your knees and put forward your right hand.
- Put your left hand in front of your chest, bend your elbow and focus on the floor.
- Straighten the elbow of the left hand and tear off the body from the floor without raising the legs and pelvis.
- Make the required number of approaches and repeat the exercise on the left side.
With lateral push-ups, body weight passes to the main arm, so it is important to monitor the position of the lower body. All actions during the exercise are performed slowly, with a small amplitude.
Exercises for triceps in the gym of this type are using dumbbells. Extra weight helps to tone muscles faster and build weight. In this exercise, the main focus is on pum
ping the back of the triceps.
- Get on the floor, place your feet slightly wider than your shoulders, align your back and take in a dumbbell.
- Raise your hand above your head by turning the brush forward so that the thumb is below.
- Without moving your arm, take a dumbbell behind your head while inhaling, until the hand touches the biceps.
- As you exhale, raise your hand up.
- After the desired number of repetitions, change hand.
In the gym, for one-handed extension in the standing position, you can use the block simulator with a rope handle. Girls are recommended to start with small dumbbells, gradually increasing the load.
You will need a bench and dumbbells to complete this exercise. Extension in emphasis is effective both for the triceps and for the biceps, back and shoulders.
- Place dumbbells on both sides of the bench.
- With your left knee and palm rest against the bench and lean forward with the body. The back is straight. Right leg on the floor, knee slightly bent.
- Take the dumbbell with your right hand, do not take your shoulder from the body. The upper and lower arms should be at right angles.
- As you exhale, take your forearm back and linger a little.
- On inspiration, return the hand to its original position.
Triceps extension with standing expander
The expander in this exercise helps organize additional muscle load. In addition, the use of this simulator has a positive effect on muscle elasticity.
- In a standing position, place your foot on the middle part of the expander, and grasp the handles with your palms.
- Raise arms bent at the elbows so that the elbows look forward.
- On the exhale, straighten your arms and fix this position for a few seconds.
- On inspiration, lower your hands to the starting position.
To perform this exercise, you must have a bar for the bar. The draft with a slope pumps the muscles of the back, arms and gives relief to the stomach.
- Arms apart shoulder width apart, take the bar. Keep your back straight and bend your knees slightly.
- Bend your elbows, and pull the bar to the chest.
- Hold the position for several seconds, they return to their original position.
During execution, you need not to bend your lower back and make sure that your knees are bent. It is important to fix the gaze strictly in front of you – this will help not to be distracted and not to break the traction technique with an inclination.
Side bar with lifting dumbbells
In addition to working out the triceps, the side bar uses the muscles of the legs, abs and back. Exercise relieves lower back pain and helps to reduce fat mass at the waist.
- Lie on your right side. Take a dumbbell in your left hand.
- Place the elbow against the floor. Put your left foot on your right.
- Lift the body so that the right elbow forms an angle of 90 *, and the emphasis was only on the arm and lower foot.
- To straighten the left hand with weight.
- With low amplitude, return the hand to the starting position.
It is not recommended to carry out a lateral level during pregnancy or the presence of intervertebral hernias. If severe pain occurs during the exercise, it is also better not to use it.
Narrow grip bench press
To complete this exercise, you will need additional tools – a bar and bench. The narrow-grip bench shakes well the shoulders, abs and triceps.
- Lie back on the bench. Hands grab the bar at a distance equal to the width of the shoulders.
- With a breath, you need to lower your hands down until the bar is touching the chest.
- Hold the position for 3-5 seconds.
- As you exhale, return your arms to a straight position.
Before starting the exercise, you need to warm up well and warm up the muscles. During the press, do not grab the bar too wide and tear the pelvis off the bench.
Press down on the block
During the exercise, the knees should be slightly bent. Keep the chin straight, without pressing it to the neck.
- Insert the straight handle into the upper block of the simulator.
- Stand facing the simulator, grab the handle with your palms. Extremities dilute shoulder width apart. Press your elbows to your body.
- Pull the simulator handle towards the chest without moving your shoulders.
- On inspiration, lower the hilt to the base of the hips.
- As you exhale, return your hands to your chest.
It is worth remembering the position of the brushes. They do not need to be tilted down or rotated, otherwise the load will shift to the forearms.
Exercise is another modification of the classic push-ups. To perform it, you need to take a gymnastic fitball. Classes with him train the ability to keep balance, and increase stamina.
- Lie down on the floor. Rest your palms on the floor. The palms should be located slightly wider than the shoulders, the abdominal muscles need to be strained, and the arms should be even.
- Place your feet on the fitball, keeping your balance.
- Bend your elbows and lower yourself to the floor until your hands are at a right angle.
- On inspiration, slowly return to the starting position.
Horizontal bends with an expander
Exercise trains the entire triceps muscle, especially its upper part. Also horizontal extension is beneficial for the muscles of the back.
- Stand on the expander, grab his hand with his palms.
- Lean a little, leaning forward, bend your knees.
- Pull the expander, moving your elbows and shoulders back.
- Slowly move your arms back until they form a straight line.
- As you exhale, return to starting position.
Exercises in the gym will help any girl to build triceps and tighten her arm muscles. The main thing in this business is patience, adherence to safety precautions and a mood for results.
Useful triceps exercise videos for girls
in the gym
Triceps Workout Program:
How to pump up your hands: