The nasolabial folds are a pair of thin grooves extending from the wings of the nose to the corners of the mouth. They are especially pronounced during a smile. The older the person, the stronger they appear, respectively, and masking wrinkles becomes more difficult. In the fight against this problem, a whole range of actions is needed – gymnastics, massage and the use of cosmetics.
In fact, nasolabial folds are deep wrinkles that are laid at a young age. While the skin has good elasticity, they are hidden, but as they grow older, the nasolabial folds appear more and more.
Usually, this aesthetic problem is characteristic of smiling, emotional, and active facial expressions – when you smile, your cheeks rise higher, as a result of which the nasolabial folds deepen.
There are 3 types of folds:
- hatch. It is a slightly noticeable wrinkle on the skin, which can be eliminated by superficial correction;
- GAP fold. It is formed due to age-related aging and a decrease in the subcutaneous fat layer;
- gradient wrinkle – a type of nasolabial fold, which is the most difficult to get rid of. It occurs due to a sharp difference between the lip and cheek.
Reasons for the appearance
Nasolabial folds, like any other wrinkles, appear due to age-related skin changes. If a person regularly performs massage and gymnastics for the muscles of the face, then the appearance of a problem can be delayed. However, there are additional provoking factors.
Dashed folds may appear if not properly maintained. It is important not only to take care of the skin of the face, but also to do it correctly. Do not stretch and massage the skin strongly or pick up products that are not suitable for the type of skin.
The appearance of GAP folds can be caused by the following reasons:
- sharp weight loss. The appearance of folds is caused by the rapid loss of subcutaneous fat, to which the skin is not able to quickly adjust. As a result, full cheeks are replaced by saggy skin;
- dehydration. Dermatologists do not stop recalling how important it is to maintain water balance in the body and drink more water;
- environmental impact. The skin condition may worsen as a result of frequent and prolonged exposure to the sun, poor ecology and sudden changes in temperature.
The following factors affect the appearance of gradient wrinkles:
- heredity. Of great importance are the genetic predisposition, the anatomical features of the face and skull. The formation of a malocclusion or protruding cheeks can cause the nasolabial folds to be laid in childhood;
- incorrect position during sleep – face in the pillow. If you do not change the usual position, facial wrinkles will appear at a young age;
- bad habits – alcohol and tobacco addiction.
Beauticians advise starting to care for the skin of the face, neck and decollete as early as possible. This will prevent the formation of nasolabial folds.
As a preventive measure, the following measures should be taken:
- protect the skin from UV rays. The big mistake is to use products with SPF protection only while on the beach. Ultraviolet light destroys cells, even if a person just jogs, so you should use sunscreens daily. Arriving for a long time in the sun, you need to use products with the highest possible degree of protection, as well as refresh the coating every 2 hours;
- moisturize the skin. You must regularly use means that retain moisture. These are creams, serums and lotions with hyaluronic acid, chitosan and glycerin in the composition;
- use protection against free radicals. From the age of 20, it is necessary to use cosmetics with antioxidants, plant extracts and vitamin complexes. They protect tissues from free radicals – the main enemies of youth;
- Carefully care for your skin. No need to usd your face during water procedures, just get your skin wet. Beauticians note that the less a person touches a face during the day, the better – the risk of bacteria entering is less;
- choose the right sleeping position. It is necessary to take the habit of sleeping lying on your back, so you can avoid the early appearance of wrinkles not only on the face, but also in the decollete.
When the first signs of nasolabial folds appear, one should start taking measures to correct the situation, as they visually age the face and do not add attractiveness to the person. To correct such wrinkles, folk methods, cosmetic masks, massages, gymnastics are used.
Most cosmetologists agree that folk remedies are more suitable for prophylactic use. Deep wrinkles can be eliminated only with the help of modern rejuvenation methods.
One of the popular methods of alternative treatment is ice. To make the folds less pronounced, cosmetologists recommend using ice massage. This remedy tones up, improves blood circulation, promotes cell regeneration.
To process the problem area, the following procedure should be carried out:
- Apply a little warm unrefined vegetable oil to the nasolabial folds.
- Wrap an ice cube in a small piece of tissue and wipe the nasolabial folds with it, giving each at least 10 seconds. The procedure lasts until the ice cube melts.
Ice can be made on the basis of mineral water, milk, juice of seasonal fruits or decoctions of such herbs:
- lime color.
Milk and fruit juice must be diluted in half with water.
Another popular prophylactic for the formation of nasolabial folds are creams prepared at home. During the procedure, you can relax, try not to smile and not talk.
Recipes for self-cooking formulations are presented in the table:
|Cream name||Cooking technique||Method of use||Efficiency, duration of use|
|Honey Chamomile||A tablespoon of chamomile flowers pour 3,38 fluid ounce of boiling water. Mix 0,85 fluid ounce of strained infusion with 30 g of flower honey, 0,85 fluid ounce of grape seed oil and 20 g of glycerin, then beat everything||Apply the cream with a layer of 3/32 – 4/32 inch on the folds, after 1 hour rinse with warm water||The cream is effective against dashed and GAP folds. Use it should be in the morning and evening for 1 month.|
|Chocolate|| 1,18 fluid ounce of any unrefined oil mixed with 30 g of honey. Dilute a tablespoon of cocoa powder with
water to a mushy state and mix with a mixture of honey and oil. Melt 25 g of cosmetic wax in a water bath and add chocolate mass
|Apply the composition with a layer of 4/32 inch for 0.5-1 hour, then rinse with warm water||The cream is used to correct gradient wrinkles. It is recommended to apply the cream daily for 1 month.|
Gymnastics for nasolabial folds in combination with massage of the problem area will help to cope or prevent the early appearance of wrinkles, if the procedure is carried out regularly – the course consists of 10-15 sessions and is carried out 2-3 times a year.
It is important to prepare the skin before performing the massage. During the manipulation, the pores expand, the infection can easily penetrate through them, so you need to wash your hands first. Massage is performed by light pressure, using jojoba oil, almond or grape seed.
These products effectively nourish, saturate, and smooth wrinkles. Oil can be replaced with any nutritious cream, the main requirement is that its base must be vegetable. If there is no suitable cosmetic product at hand, you can replace it with baby cream.
After the massage, it is recommended to wipe the face with a decoction of herbs prepared the day before. The first procedures are recommended in front of the mirror in order to be able to control every movement.
Contraindications to the manipulation are:
- the presence of birthmarks and warts on the face;
- open wounds, abscesses, cracks, acne;
- inflammatory process, accompanied by rashes on the face;
- very sensitive skin;
Massage is performed in several techniques. One of the most popular is the Japanese technique – Shiatsu. It allows you to quickly smooth out wrinkles.
Shiatsu massage is performed in this way:
- The tips of the index finger and thumb must be folded together and gently tapping them on the nasolabial folds, moving first up and then down.
- Gently stretch facial skin along massage lines with stroking movements.
- With your fingertips, stroke the skin around the lips, moving from the middle of the upper lip to the corners.
Another effective technique is acupressure. The point effect on the nasolabial folds enhances collagen production. As a result of regular procedures, you can not only get rid of deep wrinkles, but also prevent the appearance of new folds, increase skin firmness and elasticity.
Technique of execution:
- The mouth must be opened, giving it the shape of the letter “O”, while the lips should be firmly pressed to the teeth.
- The middle finger pads should be placed at the top of the folds and the first point should be fixed. Then go up 6/32 inch and put down the next point, the last point is fixed at the corners of the eyes.
- The final stage is point movements from the corners of the eyes down to the lowest point of the nasolabial folds.
Compresses prepared from medicinal herbs help activate collagen production.
The most pronounced effect among plants has:
- St. John’s wort
- mother and stepmother.
The procedure is performed as follows:
- Prepare an infusion of several types of herbs.
- Moisten cotton pads or a gauze flap folded several times in it, squeeze slightly
- Place the material on the folds for 15 minutes.
Manipulation must be repeated daily for 1 month.
Another option is to prepare oil compresses. This procedure is performed using vegetable oil, heated in a water bath. To achieve a faster result, for every 0,68 fluid ounce of such oil it is recommended to add a couple drops of essential oils. Apply the compress for 15 minutes, then pat it dry with a dry cloth.
Gymnastics for nasolabial folds is an effective way to solve the problem. Exercises are performed daily for 1 month.
In the presence of such contraindications, manipulations are prohibited:
- skin diseases caused by viruses;
- inflammation of the facial nerve;
- pustular lesions;
- allergic manifestations.
The classic complex consists of the following exercises:
- cheeks strongly inflate and abruptly release air. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times;
- fold the lips into a tube and pull it forward. Hold for 5 seconds, then relax the muscles. Need to do 10 repetitions;
- with index fingers, fix the corners of the lips and stretch them by 0. 2 inch, then remove the fingers. Repeat exercise 40 times;
- fold lips and pronounce the sounds “u” and “o”. Need to do 20 repetitions;
- bring the lower jaw forward, tighten the lips, tensing the muscles. It is enough to perform 10 repetitions;
- lips relaxed, protruding slightly. Take a deep breath through the nose and exhale slowly through the mouth;
- inflate cheeks and alternately transfer air from left to right and back;
- inflate your cheeks, hold your breath and begin to gradually push out the air with effort;
- with the fingers of both hands, fix the muscles of the cheekbones, then start smiling and freeze for 4-5 seconds. After that, relax the muscles. Need to do 10 repetitions;
- with tightly closed lips hold a spoon and try to smile. Fix the position for 5 seconds. The exercise must be repeated 10 times;
- palms placed on the cheeks so that the little fingers are located on the folds. Within 1 min hands up with moderate pressure on the skin.
Using a plastic bottle is an easy way to do gymnastics. For classes you will need a capacity of 0,1 gallon.
Technique of execution:
- A third of the bottle is filled with water and placed on any flat surface.
- Then the container must be raised only with the lips, teeth are forbidden to help.
- The bottle must be held for 20 seconds.
The more repetitions done, the better.
Gymnastics for nasolabial folds from Lourdes Dopli
to helps to eliminate the problem, strengthen the muscles of the neck and face.
The complex is carried out as follows:
- Pull the upper lip 5/32 – 6/32 inch down, holding the outside with the index, and with the thumb inside the mouth.
- It is necessary to take a deep breath and maximize the lips in a smile so that the eyes are wide open and nasolabial folds do not form.
- It is necessary to hold your breath for 5 seconds, exhale, breathe again with a breath hold. Repeat exercise 3-5 times.
Gymnastics for the nasolabial folds on the recommendation of Carol Maggio helps to get rid and prevent the appearance of wrinkles in the lips.
The complex is carried out as follows:
- It is necessary to adopt a sitting posture, the back should remain straight.
- Then the index finger is placed in the middle of the upper lip, and the thumb is in the middle of the lower lip.
- Lips must be slowly stretched to an oval. It is important to ensure that the lips remain pressed to the teeth, and wrinkles do not form around them.
- Lips relax and fingertips begin to make movements from the corners of the mouth to the nose and back.
The movements must be repeated until a burning sensation appears in the area of the nasolabial folds. Then you need to tap your fingers along them 30 times.
Masks and Patches
Anti-aging masks and patches are especially effective in combating nasolabial folds. It is recommended to use these funds 2 times a week for 1 month.
Among masks, the following compositions are popular:
- starchy. This mask allows not only to smooth wrinkles, but also to tighten the skin. To prepare the mass, you must mix 1 large spoonful of starch and fat cream. Then pour 1 small spoonful of carrot juice and mix thoroughly. Apply the mask on the face for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water;
- berry – a mask that has excellent nutritional and tonic properties. It is made from raspberries or strawberries. Grate 10 berries and mix with 1 small tablespoons of liquid honey. Lubricate the nasolabial folds with the resulting mass and leave for 15-20 minutes;
- gelatin mask with algae. To prepare you need 1 small tablespoon of gelatin, pour 3,38 fluid ounce of cold water and set aside. At this time, crush the algae into powder. Place the gelatin container in the microwave for 10 seconds, then mix the algae powder. The mask must be applied to the nasolabial folds with a special brush. After solidification, it turns into a film, which must be carefully removed after the procedure;
- banana Chop part of the ripe banana in mashed potatoes, mix with 1 small tablespoons of almond oil and a pinch of ginger powder. Mask on problem areas, and after 20 minutes. rinse with warm water.
Also effective on the problem area are patches – a hydrogel flap that is saturated with cosmetic serum. It is possible to use such patches, both as quick help before going out, and in courses twice a week for 1 month.
Method of application:
- Cleanse the skin with a scrub.
- Attach the patch to the desired area and leave for 15-30 minutes.
- After time, peel off the product and wash your face with water.
In rare cases, patches cause an allergic reaction. To avoid this, it is necessary to conduct a test, for which gluing the product on the inside of the elbow and monitoring the skin reaction for 1 hour. Do not use patches if there are wounds, irritation, dermatitis, eczema or a rash.
The mesoscooter is an effective manual cosmetology device, which is a roller rotating on the handle. On it are located thin needles with a length of not more than 1/32 inch. The device can be used both in beauty parlors and at home. The mesoscooter is able to correct even deep folds of the skin.
It is recommended to refuse to use the device in the following cases:
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- the presence of fungal lesions or purulent inflammation;
- inflammatory processes;
- the period of bearing and feeding the child;
- autoimmune diseases;
- the presence of any damage to the device;
- alcohol addiction;
- poor blood coagulability;
- age up to 25 years;
- the appearance of an allergic rash after the procedure;
- use of one device by several people.
It is forbidden to carry out manipulations with the mesoscooter for 2-3 hours. before going out.
Instructions for use:
- Before using the device in the area of nasolabial folds, it is recommended to tighten the lips.
- The roller should be carried out on each fold from 5 to 10 times in the horizontal, vertical and diagonal direction. The video must be carried out smoothly and carefully, without effort. Before changing the direction of hire, the device should be removed from the skin.
- If blood droplets appear on the skin during processing, they can be removed with a cotton pad moistened with a solution of chlorhexidine or hydrogen peroxide.
For mesotherapy, it is allowed to use only specially selected vitamin cocktails. Such drugs have been repeatedly tested, safe and sterile, they do not contain preservatives, dyes, perfumes, additives of artificial origin. If deeply introduced into the skin, these components can cause an allergic reaction and bacterial infection.
The number of procedures is determined by the nature of the problem. The mesoscooter must be used no more than 2 times a week. The exposure time is 15 minutes Course therapy – 15 procedures, after which a monthly break should be taken.
Gymnastics for nasolabial folds in combination with other preventive methods that prevent the appearance of wrinkles, has an effective effect on the skin. The solution to the problem lies in the regular application of procedures. Smooth skin allows you to look younger not only for women, but also for the strong half of humanity.
Gymnastics video for nasolabial folds
How to remove nasolabial folds: