Papillomas and warts are a common phenomenon that can cause discomfort in life. Therefore, many people are trying to get rid of these neoplasms with medical, surgical and folk remedies.
A common pharmacological drug is Celandine. Its instructions for use contain complete information on how to quickly remove papillomas and warts. But before starting treatment, you should familiarize yourself with the existing contraindications and limitations in advance.
- What are papillomas and warts
- What causes papillomas and warts
- Description of the drug Celandine
- pharmachologic effect
- The composition of the funds
- Skin exposure
- Drug shortcomings
- Indications Celandine
- Adverse reactions
- Preparation for use Celandine
- Application rules
- Use for papillomas
- Usage for Warts
- Dry callus
- Use from polyps
- Features of application on the feet
- Features of application on the palms
- Use during pregnancy and lactation
- Use for children
- Precautionary measures
- Interaction with drugs and cosmetics
- Storage rules and expiration date
- Dermatologists reviews
- Preparations of a similar action
- Price table:
- Video about wart removal, instructions and methods
What are papillomas and warts
Papillomas and warts are benign formations that appear as a result of infection of the body with papillomavirus. Despite the fact that the reason for their development is the same, different infectious strains cause their appearance, which leads to some differences.
Warts are neoplasms of irregular or round shape, with a diameter of 3/32 – 13/32 inch. They have an uneven surface, but clearly defined boundaries. The shade of growths can be either gray or dark brown. Warts have the ability to suddenly appear and disappear.
The formations are localized in places subject to mechanical damage: hands, elbows, fingers, knees.
Depending on the species, warts are divided into the following categories:
- simple (diagnosed in 65% of cases);
- plantar (no more than 30%);
- flat (about 5%).
Papillomas are soft growths on the skin of a flesh or light brown hue. Differ in the wide basis or a characteristic leg. Their size can be 0/32 – 13/32 inch, depending on the variety. A characteristic difference of papillomas is that they do not disappear by themselves, but only multiply, capturing all large areas of the skin.
The likelihood of infection increases in public places with high air humidity: pool, sauna, bathhouse. Papillomas prefer to develop in secluded places on the body: genitals, armpits, near the mammary glands.
A thoroughly distinguished papilloma from a wart can be distinguished by an experienced specialist and only on the basis of the examinations. Before proceeding to the removal of neoplasms on the skin at home, it is necessary to conduct a preliminary consultation with a doctor to make sure the growth is good.
What causes papillomas and warts
The main reason for the appearance of warts and papillomas is considered to be a malfunction of the immune system in the body, as a result of which it becomes susceptible to the causative agents of papillomovirus.
Most often, the transmission of infection occurs through direct contact with the carrier of the disease through shaking hands, as a result of the use of general hygiene products, sexually. The baby can become infected during childbirth from the mother.
In addition to the main reasons, experts identify provocative factors that contribute to the further development of infection:
- excessive physical activity;
- regular nervous shocks;
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol);
- hormone abuse;
- inflammatory pathologies of a chronic form;
- ignoring the rules of personal hygiene;
- uncontrolled intake of antibiotics.
Description of the drug Celandine
The remedy Celandine from warts and papillomas is able to effectively cope with growths on the skin. You can buy the drug in a pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription. The celandine has a mummifying and cauterizing effect, and in addition, the constituent components act as antiseptics, which prevents infection from entering the wound after the procedure.
Celandine, the instruction for use of which contains all the recommendations for using the product, allows you to get rid of any kind of papillomas or warts.
In particular, the use of the drug will be effective in the following cases:
- small growths of 0/32 inch in size, it is enough to process it once;
- medium and large formations up to 13/32 inch in diameter are recommended to be treated with the agent up to 5 times, with a break of 3 days after each procedure;
- plantar growths should be treated about 10 times.
In fact, Celandine is an alkaline solution that exfoliates and has an antiviral effect, the regular use of which not only stops the further spread of the virus, but also completely eliminates neoplasms in the form of papillomas or warts.
The drug is recommended exclusively for external use.
Celandine has the ability to cause a chemical burn due to the corrosive substances that make up the composition. Following the instructions for use, within a few days you can completely remove the growth.
This will require the treatment of education means, excluding getting on healthy tissue.
The composition of the funds
The drug Celandine has a safe and gentle effect, because in comparison with the plant of the same name does not contain organic acids and alkaloids. The main active ingredient of the drug is sodium and potassium hydroxide.
The following components complement them:
- sodium chloride salts;
- distilled water;
- soda or sodium bicarbonate.
Substances of the main action cauterize the papilloma and wart, while deadening their cells, while auxiliary substances soften the aggressive effect.
The tool is able to effectively soften the keratinized upper layer of neoplasms, and also contributes to the rapid exfoliation of dead tissue and cell regeneration.
Celandine has certain advantages over similar means:
- fast reaction;
- short-term therapy;
- preventing the further spread of the virus;
- ease of use;
- does not require additional preparatory procedures;
- affordable price.
In addition to the advantages, the tool also has some disadvantages that should be studied in advance:
- when using a liquid solution, an overdose is likely;
- when applied to education, a burning sensation is felt;
- in case of contact with healthy tissue, scars and scars may remain;
- has a number of side effects;
- contains restrictions and contraindications for use.
The main indications for using the drug are the following types of growths:
- dry corns;
- molluscum contagiosum.
Celandine, according to the attached instructions for use, has a number of contraindications that can not be ignored. Before starting therapy with this drug, you should familiarize yourself with them in advance.
Do not use if:
- neoplasms on the face, genitals, mammary glands and near the mucous membrane;
- if the growth is located near an open wound, ulcer or crack;
- lesions of more than 20 square foot. see skin patches;
- the presence of skin pathologies (psoriasis, eczema, scabies, mycosis);
- disorders of the nervous system;
- pregnancy and
- violation of the integrity of the neoplasm;
- individual hypersensitivity to the component;
- under 5 years old.
Celandine, the instruction for use of which contains acceptable dosages, should be used with the permission of the doctor, since the drug can cause adverse reactions in the case of non-compliance with the rules of use.
If one of the following symptoms appears, you should immediately stop treatment, rinse your skin with water, and in a particularly serious case, seek medical help.
These signs include:
- itching, allergic rashes, hyperemia;
- deep scar or scar;
- inflammation of adjacent tissues to form;
- the reappearance of papillomas or warts in the same place;
- inflammation of the growth after treatment.
Preparation for use Celandine
There are no special preparatory procedures before using the drug. But certain recommendations should be followed, as they can accelerate the process of cleansing and healing of the skin.
Before applying the product, it is recommended:
- pre-steam out the growth, which will improve the susceptibility to the action of the drug;
- remove remaining moisture with a paper towel;
- grease adjacent tissues with plenty of petroleum jelly or any other greasy cream;
- if desired, you can use a patch to isolate a healthy surface, having previously cut a hole to the size of the neoplasm.
Celandine, according to the attached instructions for use, is intended purely for outdoor use. The entire procedure for treating papillomas and warts lasts 2-3 minutes, including preliminary preparation. A means in the amount of 1 drop is applied to each formation.
After this, you should wait until the drug is completely absorbed into the skin. Covering with a band-aid or dressing is not recommended. Subsequently, the growth will begin to darken and a burning sensation will appear, which is considered an acceptable phenomenon.
The first positive treatment result can be seen in the next 2 days. The top layer of processed formations will begin to peel off. The subsequent effect can be observed 3-6 days after the procedure. During this period, small papillomas with a diameter of about 0/32 inch can fall completely.
In case of repeated processing, the procedure should be carried out 3 days after the previous one. The rules of use and dosage of the drug are the same for removing papillomas and warts.
It is not recommended to use Celandine on your own to get rid of formations on the genitals, near the mucous membrane and on the face. This can only be done by an experienced specialist and if other methods of therapy have not brought the proper result.
You can use the product for no more than 5-6 growths at a time. If the drug has got on other skin areas, immediately rinse them under running water for 15 minutes. Then treat with 5% citric acid solution.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Use for papillomas
Celandine when removing small filiform papillomas up to 3/32 inch in diameter gives a positive result after a single use. To combat large specimens, the application is possible within 3-4 times with a frequency of 3 days. In this case, the dosage of the drug is 1 drop for each growth.
You can not remove genital papillomas with the help of Celandine at home, since there is a high probability of developing side effects. Removal of this type of growths should be carried out by an experienced specialist.
Usage for Warts
The action of Celandine to eliminate warts is similar to papillomas. That is, growths no larger than 3/32 inch in diameter can be removed in one treatment. To do this, apply 1 drop of solution to each copy.
Larger growths can be bred during 4 procedures with a mandatory break of 3 days after each time. Observing these simple rules, a positive result will be achieved without much effort.
Before applying the product to dry corn, pre-treatment should be carried out to improve the sensitivity of the skin. A few hours before the procedure, the formation is recommended to be lubricated with 10% salicylic ointment. After that, apply compression paper or plastic film on top and fix everything with a gauze bandage or adhesive plaster.
After 2-3 hours, remove the product and steam the corn in a soapy solution for 15 minutes, adding an additional 1 s. l soda per 0,3 gallon of water. When the keratinized layer softens, it should be carefully cut with scissors or rubbed with foam. When the skin dries, the growth should be treated with Celandine, at the rate of 1 drop of the agent per 1 dry corn. For complete removal, repeat the procedure 3-4 times.
Use from polyps
To remove polyps on the skin using Celandine can be purely on the recommendation of a doctor. This procedure is no different from the removal of warts and papillomas. It is enough to process small formations with the agent once, observing all the rules of use. And large formations of more than 3/32 inch will require 3-4 procedures, observing a frequency of 3 days.
Features of application on the feet
You can remove the formation on the feet according to the principle of dry callus removal:
- 2 hours before treatment, apply salicylic ointment of 10% concentration to the formation;
- put a plastic film on top and fasten with a bandage;
- after time, steam up the upper coarse layer of skin in a soap-soda solution for 15 minutes;
- when the skin dries, apply Celandine on the formation at the rate of 1 drop per instance, after lubricating the adjacent tissue with a thick layer of petroleum jelly.
The procedure is recommended to be carried out at the weekend, so that the foot recovered over these days.
Features of application on the palms
The principle of using the product on the palms does not differ from other areas of the skin:
- steam out the growth in hot water for 10 minutes;
- dry the skin with a paper towel;
- grease abundantly with petroleum jelly or fat cream on adjacent tissues;
- apply the agent on top of the formation at the rate of 1 drop per instance;
- Do not cover with plaster or bandage.
In case of an
overdose of the drug, an allergic reaction, itching and hyperemia appear. A burning sensation in the treated area is enhanced, which leads to the formation of a burn. In this case, the skin should be washed under running water for 15 minutes. After that – get wet with a napkin and apply Panthenol or Levomekol.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Celandine, according to the attached instructions for use, excludes the use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation , since a serious hormonal restructuring occurs in the woman’s body. Therefore, treatment is recommended to be postponed until full recovery after childbirth.
Use for children
The use of funds to remove warts and papillomas in children under 5 years is not allowed. This is due to the strong susceptibility of the child’s body to the active components of the drug, which leads to the formation of burns. Therefore, it is recommended to use gentle means recommended by the pediatrician.
When using the product, it is recommended to observe the following precautions:
- do not cover the treated growth with a plaster or dressing;
- avoid contact of treated leather with synthetic materials;
- do not use the drug to remove warts and papillomas in the skin folds and in areas with strong sweating;
- the treated growth should dry naturally, and it is also not recommended to wet it for the next 24 hours;
- in case of contact with healthy skin, rinse thoroughly with water and treat with 5% citric acid solution;
- avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
Interaction with drugs and cosmetics
Studies have not revealed a negative interaction of the drug with other drugs and cosmetics. But mix Celandine with other drugs is not worth it.
Storage rules and expiration date
Keep the product out of the reach of children at room temperature. Shelf life is 3 years from the date of issue. After this time, you can not use Celandine.
The opinion of qualified dermatologists about Celandine:
- Celandine has established itself as an effective remedy for papillomas and warts. But the drug is aggressive. Therefore, before use, you should carefully read the instructions and contraindications.
- You can not use the drug to remove neoplasms on the face.
- If you ignore the permissible dosage and rules, scars remain on the skin. Therefore, it is better to use the drug to remove papillomas and warts on the feet and legs, where the skin is rougher. In other cases, you need to use drugs of gentle action to avoid the appearance of side effects.
- Celandine gives a positive result, subject to the rules for its use. Low price and ease of use makes the tool popular for the elimination of papillomas and warts. But you should not experiment with the drug in areas with delicate skin, since aggressive components in the composition can cause an allergic reaction of the body.
If in doubt about the right choice, it is better to visit a doctor and consult.
Preparations of a similar action
The drug has analogues that have a similar effect and help remove neoplasms on the skin:
- Lapis pencil;
|Celandine||$ 0,27||$ 0,88|
|Lapis pencil||$ 1,7||$ 2,24|
|Collomac||$ 3,94||$ 4,76|
|Silcoderm||$ 5,44||$ 7,75|
|Kondilin||$ 6,8||$ 10,47|
Celandine is considered an effective drug in the fight against papillomas and warts, but only with all the recommendations set forth in the instructions for use, you can achieve the desired result and avoid side effects. In situations of doubt, the drug is recommended to be used after prior consultation with a doctor.
Video about wart removal, instructions and methods
Preparation of ointments to eliminate warts at home: