Cascading haircuts became fashionable in the early eighties and since then have been dominant on the catwalkss. For long hair, the cascade becomes a salvation, allowing you to preserve the hair length and at the same time give the curls a dynamic and modern look.
- Who suits haircut cascade for long hair
- Classic cascade for long hair
- Cascade haircut options
- With elements of a ladder
- Double cascade
- Cascade on long hair with bangs
- Cascade without bangs
- Cascade on curly long hair
- Cascade for various face types
- Cascade for oval face
- For round face
- For a square face
- For a triangular face
- Styling haircuts cascade on long hair
- What color to choose when cascading a haircut
- Video of cascading haircuts for long hair
Who suits haircut cascade for long hair
Do not choose a similar hairstyle if a list of obstacles is noted:
- Curly or too wavy hair. Trimmed in a cascade, they give the head a groomed look. Sticking out locks will spoil appearance and mood.
- Too thin, soft hair . The cascade provides for cutting strands. On exhausted, sparse hair, the haircut will not play, will not decorate the girl. On the contrary, the hair will lose volume, hang.
- Too thick, elastic hair. This option is also not suitable for a cascade. The haircut will add volume, as a result, the head will look disproportionate to the body.
Cascading is good because it allows you to adjust the contour of the face, so there are no special requirements for the outlines of the cheeks and cheekbones. The main condition for choosing is the excellent condition of the hair structure. The peculiarity of the haircut is that it is the edges of the slices that form the hairstyle. With high porosity, the hair begins to delaminate, and the ends are split, giving the haircut an unkempt look.
Classic cascade for long hair
A similar haircut made on long hair implies layering and gradualness. It is difficult to find a master who can complete the classic cascade, given all the requirements for creating an image.
The reason is the need to create soft transitions between the layers of hair when cutting strands.
Classics are timeless and ageless, therefore, a similar hairdress option will suit many and will look modern and fresh.
The classic cascade is devoid of signs of the present – there are no torn strands, screaming asymmetry.
In the haircut, sharp transitions between strands are not allowed, exceptionally thin, multi-row thinning of each individual strand is performed, especially on the crown.
The result of hairdresser’s work is an exciting air volume that gives visual density to even weak hair. It is no coincidence that the execution of the classic cascade on long hair refers to labor-intensive procedures.
Classic haircut technique:
- Allocate the parietal zone with a U-shaped parting. The border of the U-shaped parting is determined by the shape of the face.
- To avoid confusion, it is necessary to fix the hair with clips.
- You can start cutting from the back of the head or from the crown.
- Comb the first strand from the face, pull the bangs up a bit and cut it off. Take the next strand, cut along the control strand. Until the end of the parting, they advance by the method “lock by lock”.
- For verification, you can pull a strand along the central vertical parting and compare – the line should be flat.
- Next, take strands from the temporal zone and pull up to the extreme strands of the p-shaped parting. Now shear with a blending method or “lock to lock”. All hair, lock by lock from the temple, is pulled to the control lock and cut off the excess. The control strand is unchanged.
- Do the same with the occipital area. At the border, a control strand is separated. Comb the lock on the back of the head and pull the hair to the control – cut again.
- Then work out the corners. Comb the hair up and cut off the extra “ponytails”.
- Next, perform the edging. A distinctive feature of the cascade is that the front part is a horseshoe. They begin to perform it with a bang. Cut the desired length. Then a parting is made from the top of the bangs, extending to the back of the head, separating near-face strands. Hair unfolds vertically and pulls to the nose. Oriented by bangs.
- At the end, trim the edge on the back of the head.
- Drying begins with the crown zone, lifting the hair at the roots of the comb “fish bone”.
- For dry hair, you can additionally thin out on the back of the head for extra volume.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Cascade haircut options
The torn cascade is faster and does not require so much effort from the master to create smooth transitions. This type of haircut is more in demand in the salons and is more often chosen by young girls. A minimum of formalism and a maximum of freedom and self-expression – this is what attracts them to the torn cascade for long hair.
Depending on the degree of inner courage, the girls choose sharp or soft transitions, graduations starting from the crown of the head or near the back of the head. Often the tips of the strands are milled to such a state that they resemble feathers. This type of haircut perfectly conceals face imperfections in the cheekbones and chin.
So brave women are thirsty, eager to attract glances, to be in the spotlight.
An asymmetric cascade implies uneven strands, a different length of curls on the right or left side of the face, sometimes even a shaved temple. After 4 years of oblivion, such experiments returned to fashion again.
The haircut looks finished exclusively when making the beveled edges of the strands, like plucked curls. Professionals advise avoiding such haircuts for those women who have difficulty fixing hair.
Asymmetry is always demanding on styling and will not tolerate negligence.
A feature of this variety of hairstyles is the formation of locks in the form of a Latin numeral 5 – V. Layered hair cutting is carried out from each side and back below. The transition between the layers is usually smooth. On thick hair, a haircut looks like a cap, but thin curls give the necessary volume, allowing you to demonstrate their length.
Due to the high or low calibration, the considered haircut option allows you to fix the oval of the face. For visual expansion of the cheekbones, the shortest strands are placed on the face above the line of the chin. To narrow the face, graduation should be completed below the mentioned boundary.
With elements of a ladder
Cascading haircuts for long hair are sometimes called haircuts. There is a difference between the hairstyles, however, they perfectly complement each other, which sometimes causes confusion.
It is convenient to form a short flight of stairs on long strands, and steps can be cut like this:
- with a sharp transition;
- direct gradation.
Typically, the master enters the ladder into the cascade in the middle of the strands or closer to the ends of the hair. A haircut is suitable for both women who are calm in nature and young rebels, it all depends on the method of forming the tandem of two haircuts.
Otherwise, a haircut modification is called a structured cascade. The name reveals the meaning of the efforts of the hairdresser: in the hairstyle there are only two levels of location of the strands: upper and lower. In front, the double cascade looks like a haircut made on medium hair. However, behind is the second layer of long strands.
The smoother the transition between levels, the more modern the haircut looks.
If the top layer looks like a magnificent hat, then the hairstyle is stylized in the eighties of the 20th century. This is the only cascade variation addressed exclusively to young girls – because of the direct reference to disco times on older women, this haircut option looks old-fashioned and adds a few unnecessary years to age.
Cascade on long hair with bangs
As a rule, a cascade of long hair is complemented by a bang. This element is considered the main in the hairstyle, makes the image complete. Due to the various fixation of the bangs – from left to right, or vice versa, with combing back, with curled or straightened – the haircut looks different every time, and the palette of various styling options is amazing.
Bangs are welcomed different:
Bangs always become a lifesaver, allowing you to refresh and decorate any haircut, most importantly, choose the one that suits your face. Women with soft, thin, graceful facial features should not choose hard, ragged, highly graduated bangs.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Cascade without bangs
If a woman does not want to cut the front strands, you can perform a cascade with strands shortened in front. In this case, the side curls will take on the role of a long bang, and laid on one side and fixed, for example, with a colored varnish, will become the accent of a stylish evening hairstyle. Cascades without bangs are especially recommended for girls with thin light hair.
Straight partings returned to fashion, so a cascade without bangs will meet the requirements of the style and interests of the woman.
Cascade on curly long hair
Curls poorly demonstrate the beauty of a cascading haircut, so hair is rarely performed on a similar hair structure. However, an experienced master can restrain a curly wave: if a hairdresser focuses on structurally trimmed locks, a cascade is quite possible.
In this case, the strands are cut selectively, usually the top of the head is not touched, straight sections are not performed, a pointed shape is preferred. They do not make a cascade with short bangs on wavy hair – an exceptionally long modification is welcome.
Cascade for various face types
Cascade for oval face
The parameters of the oval face are considered basic, classic. Women with this face shape are lucky, they have any hairstyle. Cascade is no exception. Performing thinning or shifting the graduation of strands up or down, the stylist will emphasize facial features: attractive lips, bright eyes, beautiful eyebrows.
For an oval face in the cascade, you can let an unusual exception to the rule for this haircut – a straight bang. Parting looks good on an oval face, oblique or straight.
For round face
Forming the correct features of a round face, bringing them closer to ideal, is very convenient with the help of a haircut cascade. It is better to focus on the front strands, while the leading side strands are preferable to cut on the chin line or slightly lower – but not higher. A chubby cascade is very suitable for chubby beauties.
If you choose models with bangs – it is recommended oblique, ragged, any shape with a clearly visible structure. Short bangs are forbidden, square cuts are not allowed. The ends of the strands, slightly curled inward, will focus on the features of the face and distract the look from the full cheeks. Hair styling for chubby girls is undesirable.
For a square face
A cascade for owners of a similar face shape should begin either with a line in the cheekbones or at the middle of the neck.
If you cut the side locks along the line of the chin, the face will look even more disproportionate and square. It is better to prefer asymmetric bangs. Exactly trimmed strands will make facial features heavier.
For a triangular face
Owners of triangular faces are free to choose any option of a cascading haircut for long hair. Especially harmonious and piquant look on girls haircuts with elements of asymmetry, slanting bangs.
The gentle outline of the cheekbones and chin is favorably emphasized by a two-level cascade. Strands on the sides are recommended to be trimmed on the line of the chin, creating additional volume in the narrowest part of the face.
Styling haircuts cascade on long hair
The charm of the cascade is in a multilevel arrangement of strands, so there are innumerable options for styling on long hair. With such a haircut, you can daily surprise others with a new hairstyle.
- Drying the cascade is required by bending the body down and tilting your head. Drying begins with the roots of the hair, with the tips stacked in a straightened position, depending on preferences.
- Twisting the ends of the strands inward, the woman will hide the imperfect zones of her face, and correct his oval. Such styling visually rejuvenates.
- The tips, curled outward, expand a narrow, elongated face, create splendor.
- Corrugated styling gives the hair the look of a sheaf, and the image – emancipation and youthful enthusiasm.
- If you walk along the long curls with an iron, a direct cascade will visually add nobility to the face, and harmony to the whole figure.
- It is easy to lay any cascade asymmetrically, combing the hair on its side and fixing with styling tools. The hairstyle will add dynamism to even a conservative image.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
What color to choose when cascading a haircut
For such multilayer haircuts, it makes no sense to choose a single color. The structure of the strands will be emphasized by exquisite highlighting: balayazh, batatyush, bronding. The flutter of stained strands will create a unique illusion of overflow of color. If you want to stand out from the crowd, a clearly delineated ombre will come to the rescue.
Tip: if you perform bleaching on long hair framing your face, then a cascading haircut will rejuvenate any woman.
Cascade – a real platform for experimenting with hair and dyeing. This haircut, due to the variation in performance, is suitable for many girls, women, regardless of face shape and age.
Video of cascading haircuts for long hair
Haircut cascade for long hair: classic version:
Haircut technique cascade on long hair: video tutorial: