More recently, a new service called carboxytherapy has appeared in beauty salons. What kind of procedure is this and how effective it is, you should understand before resorting to its help. This technique relates to anti-aging cosmetic manipulations.
- What is carboxytherapy
- Types of carboxytherapy
- Indications for the procedure
- Is anesthesia required
- How is the procedure
- How long does the procedure take
- How many sessions are required
- How often can i do
- How long does the effect last
- Benefits of the procedure
- Possible complications
- Procedure cost
- The opinion of cosmetologists
- Apparatus for carboxytherapy
- How to carry out carboxytherapy at home
- Non-invasive carboxytherapy agents
- What is better ozone therapy or carboxytherapy
- Video about carboxytherapy
What is carboxytherapy
Carboxytherapy is intended for rejuvenation, removal and correction of cosmetic defects, eliminating problems with joints. According to expert reviews in the field of cosmetic medicine, this procedure is more effective than mesotherapy, which consists in the introduction of fortified solutions, since it is cheaper and the result is more pronounced.
Carboxytherapy (what it is – it will be clear after reading the article) helps to saturate the tissues with carbon dioxide, due to which the metabolism improves in the treated areas, in particular, fat deposits break down, the outflow of lymphatic fluid improves, which contributes to more intensive elimination of decay products and cleanses the body of toxins .
Exposure to carbon dioxide provokes collagen production, as a result of which a rejuvenating effect is observed.
The essence of the procedure is that as a result of exposure to carbon dioxide, the body experiences stress, as a result of which blood circulation is activated, which is the main impetus for positive changes. Carbon dioxide itself is eliminated from the body after 30 minutes. But the transformative healing processes at this moment have already been launched and they will continue for some more time.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Types of carboxytherapy
There are two types of carboxytherapy:
- Injection It gives a noticeable effect. It is used to rejuvenate the skin of the face. The procedure is performed using a thin needle by which the skin is entered clinical CO 2 . The duration of therapy will be about 30 minutes, it depends on what area of the skin is processing and what is its area. To achieve a noticeable effect on the eye, you will need to go through several procedures.
- Non-invasive or non-infectious technique. The procedure is painless, since the needles for introducing carbon dioxide under the skin are not used. The technique consists in using a special mask containing carbon dioxide. It is applied to the skin in a dense layer. The upper layers of the skin are saturated with carbon dioxide, which causes oxygen starvation. The brain, receiving the appropriate signal, mobilizes resources – blood saturated with oxygen and nutrients enters the treated area.
Indications for the procedure
Carboxytherapy (what it is by the end of the article will be discussed in detail) is carried out for cosmetic and medical reasons.
Cosmetic indications include:
- Sagging skin. 2-3 carboxytherapy procedures contribute to the elimination of this deficiency, if sagging has arisen on the face. To improve the condition of the skin on the arms and legs, up to 10 procedures are required.
- Stretch marks. After the procedure, stretch marks do not disappear without a trace, but become much less noticeable.
- The age spots after the carboxytherapy procedure gradually disappear.
- Xerosis of the skin is a pathology that is expressed in dry skin, due to insufficient activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Cellulite Carboxytherapy will help get rid of mild manifestations of cellulite in limited areas.
- Double chin. Lost muscle tone will tighten, and the second chin will go away.
- Scars and scars . The same principle of saturating the skin with carbon dioxide is in effect, due to which the influx of oxygen-enriched blood to the treated area is activated. This helps to increase the speed of regenerative processes, and scars, scars become less noticeable.
- Bags and bruises under the eyes will become less pronounced, since the carboxytherapy procedure contributes to a thickening of the skin layer.
For aesthetic reasons, it is recommended to turn to carboxytherapy from the age of 30.
The medical indications for carboxytherapy are as follows:
- Arteriopathy. This is any pathology associated with the arteries of the lower extremities.
- Psoriasis is a non-infectious autoimmune skin disease, manifested by specific plaques.
- Ulcers resulting from varicose veins, most often appearing on the lower extremities.
- Raynaud’s syndrome also refers to vascular diseases, the essence of which is a sharp narrowing of the vessels of the peripheral parts of the body due to stress or exposure to cold.
- Periarthritis affects joints, tissues, ligaments and tendons. The disease is characteristic of people over 40 years old.
- Epicondylitis The essence of the disease is inflammation of the soft tissues, tendons of the elbow joint.
- Erectile disfunction.
- Degenerative osteonecrosis. Carboxytherapy allows you to stop the death of cells in the bones, leading to the destruction of bone tissue.
Is anesthesia required
Gas injections themselves have analgesic properties, so anesthesia is usually not required. Reduce the pain and allow special nozzles on the needles.
How is the procedure
The injection procedure is carried out as follows: first, the gas pressure and its dose are individually selected. The skin area that will be treated with gas is cleaned and disinfected.
A thin needle inserted into the diffusion gun is inserted under the skin. Using a pistol, carbon dioxide is injected under the skin. Thus, each square inch of skin is chipped. The depth of administration is dermis (to stimulate collagen production) or hypodermis (for obesity, cellulite), depending on the indications. Overdose is excluded.
Before carrying out the procedure in a non-injection way, the face must be thoroughly cleaned with cosmetics. Then a warming compress is applied to the face, then a gel containing carbon dioxide, and a fabric mask on top. As a result, a reaction begins with the release of a large amount of carbon dioxide
The effect after non-invasive carboxytherapy is less pronounced. It is recommended to apply to the procedure after other cosmetic procedures, for example, cleansing, peeling, in order to enhance their effect.
How long does the procedure take
The duration of the carboxytherapy procedure is from 20 to 60 minutes in one session. But in order to get a visible effect, you need to go through several sessions.
How many sessions are required
The number of necessary procedures depends on the problem, its location and the individual reaction of the body to manipulation:
- Dark circles and bags under the eyes are removed in 6 sessions (injection depth 1/32 – 3/32 inch).
- To increase skin turgor and enhance collagen production, 5-6 sessions are necessary ( 1/32 – 3/32 inch injection depth).
- Cellulite – 10-18 treatments. Carbon dioxide is injected into the skin to a depth of 5/32 – 13/32 inch. It is recommended to combine the procedure with liposuction, supplementing it with carboxytherapy before and after.
- Scars, scars – from 8 to 12 sessions. The depth of gas injection is 6/32 inch. It is recommended to combine the procedure with peeling and laser resurfacing for a more pronounced result.
On average, 4-12 procedures are needed.
How often can i do
The frequency of sessions is prescribed by the cosmetologist. On average, it is necessary to carry out the procedure from 1 to 4 times a week.
How long does the effect last
To maintain the effect of carboxytherapy, supportive procedures should be performed after the first such course is completed. Beauticians recommend contacting this remedy again after 6-8 months.
Benefits of the procedure
After carboxytherapy, the following effect is achieved:
- The internal resources of the skin are activated, due to which their own collagen fibers begin to form. As a result, the skin acquires firmness and elasticity.
- Since the procedure helps oxygenate the tissues of the face, which is brought in with a blood stream, wrinkles are noticeably smoothed, both age and expression lines.
- Blood circulation improves, an intensive process of regeneration of skin cells starts. She becomes younger, becomes more elastic, smooth.
- Long-lasting tightening effect. It is achieved through the production of collagen compounds.
- By weight loss.
Carboxytherapy (what is it in fact, can be read above) can not be carried out:
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- with exacerbation of inflammatory processes in the body;
- with local inflammation on the skin;
- those diagnosed with hypertension;
- with hemophilia;
- having a heart attack;
- with violations of the kidneys and liver, cardiovascular system;
- epilepsy and mental illness;
- in combination with anticoagulant drugs;
- with exacerbation of herpes.
When planning the procedure, it is necessary to inform the beautician about chronic diseases, medications taken, as well as allergies to medications.
According to experts, side effects rarely develop after carboxytherapy, since carbon dioxide is absolutely natural for the body, has no toxic effects, does not accumulate in the tissues, and is excreted from the body through the lungs.
Allergic reactions are absent. Complications may arise if the principle of sterility is not observed: the procedure is carried out in a contaminated room, the master does not change gloves after each client, or does not conduct or poorly performs antiseptic treatment of the patient’s skin before the procedure.
From individual reactions it is possible:
- the appearance of a slight burning sensation;
- trembling in the extremities, which is the result of a sharp expansion of veins;
- increase in body temperature;
- a feeling of heaviness in the limbs;
- crackling with deep gas injection.
All these symptoms are short-lived and disappear within a few minutes. After the procedure, hematomas may form at the injection sites. They pass on their own for 5 days. Edema of the face after the procedure, if this zone was selected, also disappears on its own.
In order to minimize the likelihood of complications, it is necessary not to expose the treated surface to water for 6 hours and to avoid hypothermia and overheating 2 days after the procedure.
The price per session varies depending on the methodology, treatment area, and city where the clinic is located. On average, the cost of processing a zone of 7’9 x 7’9 inch is about $ 34.
|Processing area||Cost in usd|
|Face + Neck + Eyelids||3400|
|Belly + sides||3800|
|Hips + buttocks + belly||5700|
For the effect to be noticeable, you must undergo at least 4 procedures. If you need to achieve a pronounced result, then an additional course of procedures may be required.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
The opinion of cosmetologists
Not all cosmetologists agree on carboxytherapy. Actively using carboxytherapy in their work, cosmetologists believe that this procedure is harmless, effective and suitable for all skin types. According to them, when following the procedure, you can get the result from the first session, and the effect will remain on average for 2 years.
Other cosmetologists are cautious about this technique, as they consider it insufficiently studied, new. They say that side effects may not occur immediately after the procedure, but after some time .. In addition, relatively serious cosmetological defects carboxytherapy is not always able to correct.
There were cases in cosmetology practice when carboxytherapy did not produce a significant effect. In addition, cosmetologists note that after the procedure it is necessary to solve the problem of dry skin, swelling.
In any case, you must carefully select the clinic for the procedure and responsibly approach the choice of the master. At home, injecting carboxytherapy is not recommended, since it is difficult for an amateur to follow the protocol of the procedure, to ensure complete sterility.
Apparatus for carboxytherapy
The carboxytherapy device is selected, taking into account two prerequisites:
- the use of the device must be absolutely safe for the client;
- The tool should be convenient for the beautician.
In its most general form, the apparatus for carboxytherapy includes the following structural elements:
- The screen is a liquid crystal. It displays everything you need to control the device.
- The cart is a stand under the device to unload hands.
- The needle holder is a soft tip, due to which the discomfort when injecting is reduced.
- Polyurethane tube – connects the diffusion gun and display.
- Adapter – required to connect the device to a carbon dioxide cylinder.
- Reducer – with its help, the gas supply intensity is regulated, and gas is supplied with the necessary pressure.
Instruments for the procedure can be portable and stationary. The stationary device moves on a trolley, and the gun has a sight, which regulates the depth of puncture of the skin. A portable device is a gun that is packaged in a case. A tube is required to connect the instrument to a gas cylinder.
|Device name||The average cost in usd.|
|Carboxytherapy device INCO2||90000|
|Carboxytherapy device INCO2 + gearbox + clutch||110000|
|INCO2 carboxytherapy device with acupuncture applicator||106000|
|Apparatus for carboxytherapy INDAP INSUF||157000|
|Shockwave therapy device with infrared radiation, acoustic wave, diode laser, carboxytherapy PRO2SON||440000|
|Carboxytherapy device INCO2 with an applicator for carboxotherapy + foot control + Reducer + clutch + trolley||175000|
|Carboxytherapy device INCO2 with an applicator for physiotherapy + Reducer + Clutch + Trolley||136000|
How to carry out carboxytherapy at home
- Before carrying out the procedure, it is necessary to clearly determine whether there are contraindications to its implementation, as well as assess the condition of the skin.
- Face skin before applying the drug should be cleaned thoroughly with makeup removers, and it is not recommended to use those that contain soap or alcohol.
- In order for the mask to act more actively, it is necessary to apply a hot compress to the face. This helps open pores.
- After completing the preparatory operations, a gel containing carbon dioxide is applied to the face. This should be done with a brush or cosmetic spatula, according to the massage lines. The layer should be thick enough. The composition does not solidify for a long time, so you can distribute it on the surface of the face with an even layer.
- The mask can be applied to the skin of the lower and upper eyelids, the area around the lips, if you want to achieve a tightening effect in these areas. The lower eyelid is covered with the composition right up to the eyelash growth line. On the upper eyelid, gel can be applied only to the fixed part.
- After the gel is distributed, the face is covered with an activating mask. This is a fabric mask that helps absorb the gel into the skin. It must be pressed tightly with your hands. The fabric maintains the required concentration of carbon dioxide, prevents its evaporation.
- Keep the mask about 20-25 minutes. The exact time is indicated in the instructions for use. Every 5 minutes, it is necessary to press the mask so that it fits snugly to the skin and lightly massage the face through the tissue.
- After the allotted time, the mask must be removed from the face using a special foam. Normal water for washing off the mask is not suitable. Foam is applied to the face for 5 minutes, and then proceed to the removal of the composition. To do this, you can use a spatula, which was applied gel. The hardened mixture must be pry off from the edge and gradually removed.
- But even after removing the c
omposition, the remains of the drug still remain on the skin, so you need to permanently remove the composition with a soft sponge and water. After that, the skin is treated with a tonic using a cotton pad.
- After these manipulations, the skin needs to be moisturized. To this end, moisturizing serum and a cream selected according to the type of skin are applied to the skin.
- The skin after the mask with carbon dioxide looks fresh, well-groomed, it becomes smooth.
Non-invasive carboxytherapy agents
The most popular drugs for non-invasive carboxytherapy include the following:
Carboxy Seaweed Mask (powder / gel) . The product is based on Eclonia seaweed, emitting CO 2 . In addition, the composition contains hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamins E and C and other components.
The mask has regenerative, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging properties.
It can be produced in the form of a dry powder, which must be diluted before use, or a finished gel. The effect of rejuvenation is noticeable after one procedure.
Centrellah EGF (serum). The preparation contains a protein that stimulates cell division, as well as extracts of licorice, Asian centella, grape seed, aloe, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E. This mask is especially recommended for use with atopic dermatitis, post-acne, age spots.
It should be used after chemical and laser peeling, injection cosmetic procedures to restore the skin and improve the effect. The skin after serum looks moisturized, fresh.
Regenerating Decon Gel (gel). The composition of this gel is similar to serum. It also contains beta glucans, centela extract and grape seed. The composition of vitamins is different. The drug contains vitamins K, B5, PP, azulene. All this in a complex helps to relieve skin irritation, strengthen the capillary walls, and skin immunity.
The above drugs do not contain harmful, toxic substances. They do not contain preservatives, flavorings or colorings. Therefore, an allergic reaction is possible only in case of individual intolerance to natural components.
What is better ozone therapy or carboxytherapy
Carboxytherapy (what it is described in detail above) and ozone therapy are ultimately used for one purpose – to saturate certain skin areas with oxygen. During the ozone therapy procedure, ozone is introduced under the skin, which is a triatomic oxygen molecule.
Expected effects from manipulations:
- skin saturation with oxygen;
- activation of regeneration processes;
- stabilization of metabolic processes in tissues;
- splitting of subcutaneous fat;
- binding of toxic substances and their removal from the body;
- neutralization of toxins;
- beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system with ischemia and other diseases associated with insufficient nutrition of the heart muscle;
- relief from trophic ulcers and varicose veins;
- relief from diabetes and pain in the extremities associated with it.
The disadvantages of ozone therapy:
- pain of the procedure – bruises remain more often than after carboxytherapy;
- The mechanism of action of ozone therapy is not natural for the body.
Carboxytherapy, what it is and how it is carried out, is now clear, more effective if necessary:
- eliminate small wrinkles, circles under the eyes, recent striae;
- improve trophic tissue;
- eliminate cellulite;
- to lose weight;
- correct the shape of the face.
Ozone therapy works best to eliminate post-acne.
There is no unequivocal opinion about carboxytherapy among specialists. But practice says that this procedure will help not only to make an aesthetic correction of the face and body, but also restore health. The technique can be combined with many cosmetic procedures, such as chemical and laser peeling, hardware procedures and injections to rejuvenate the appearance in cosmetology.
Video about carboxytherapy
How does carboxytherapy go: