In the upcoming season, shallow highlighting does not go out of fashion and is still relevant. Glare on brown hair, smooth transitions of tones emphasize the naturalness and femininity of the image.
- What shades are used for brown hair
- Pros and cons of fine highlighting
- What techniques involve highlighting small strands
- Fine highlighting on dark brown hair – features
- On light brown hair – features
- Frequent highlighting on short hair – Bob haircut, to the shoulders
- Fine highlighting on long hair
- Fine highlighting on the upper layer of hair
- Rare thinning in thin strands
- Foil Technique
- Technique with a hat
- Toning after shallow highlighting
- Hair care after highlighting
- Video about fine highlighting on brown hair
What shades are used for brown hair
Before starting the procedure, you must carefully select the appropriate shade, which would be combined with the color of the skin, eyes. Owners of brown hair belong to 2 color types: “spring” or “summer”. Women of the “spring” type will suit various shades of warm and cold tones. Intermediate shades also favorably emphasize their femininity.
“Summer” women should make sure that the shade of hair is not warmer than skin tone. Cold and neutral colors are great, but you don’t want to allow bright contrast. The winning option is multifaceted complex combinations. For women over 40, platinum or ashen gamma is ideal, which allows you to hide gray hair.
Pros and cons of fine highlighting
Advantages of fine highlighting:
- gives extra brown hair and well-groomed appearance;
- the main volume of hair is not involved in the procedure, respectively, a small amount of curls is exposed to harmful effects;
- correction can be carried out in 10-12 weeks;
- if the final result is not satisfied, then you can always return to the original color;
- paints gray hair.
But there are some disadvantages:
- duration of the procedure;
- difficulty in highlighting at home;
- the condition of the hair will worsen, so the use of special tools is mandatory.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
What techniques involve highlighting small strands
Experts have developed many techniques for highlighting small strands:
- Californian. Using this technique, the effect of sunburned hair is achieved. The strands are lightened by 1-2 tones, while the roots are not stained. The result will please the woman with naturalness – a smooth transition between tones gives the hair a radiant and natural look.
- Venetian. This type of highlighting is preferred for owners of a dark blond shade of hair. In this case, professionals choose chocolate, golden, cognac tones. The paint is applied to the middle and ends of the strands, after which it is shaded with a brush.
- French The final result of the French highlighting is similar to the California technique. Individual strands are lightened with a special composition that does not contain ammonia, and, accordingly, is harmless. This technique is used only on light brown hair. On dark hair, the effect will not be noticeable.
- Ombre. The essence of this technique is a smooth transition from dark roots to light ends. Due to the light tips, the hairstyle visually acquires additional volume.
- Blonding. The essence of this technique is the combination of dark and light strands. When booking, there are no transitions between shades. Masters advise to use no more than 3-4 shades to achieve the most favorable effect.
Fine highlighting on dark brown hair – features
Fine highlighting on brown hair of a dark shade can be done by pre-lightening the strands. If before the procedure begins, traces of the previous dyeing are visible on the hair, the hairdresser achieves an overall uniform shade. For owners of dark blond strands, caramel shades, golden wheat, copper and dark cocoa are perfect.
The most advantageous looks zonal highlighting strands. In this case, the paint is applied to single strands of the upper layer of hair. The occipital part is not touched or subjected to minimal staining. The width of the strands depends on the wishes of the woman herself.
Contrast highlighting will emphasize the volume of the hairstyle, give the image freshness.
On light brown hair – features
On light brown hair, all highlighting techniques look advantageous, except for the crank. You can choose different colors: from shades that differ from the main color by 1-2 tones, to contrasting strands.
Owners of light brown curls should emphasize the natural color, so you should pay attention to California or French highlighting. These techniques focus on the original transition of shades, the depth of the natural color of the hair.
One of the advantages of fine highlighting on brown hair is the visual effect of the density and well-groomed hair. This dyeing technique is indispensable for owners of natural thin strands.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Frequent highlighting on short hair – Bob haircut, to the shoulders
Special highlighting on short brown hair is recommended by experts only in salons and hairdressers. The difficulty is that you need to carefully select the tones and areas for staining. But any fantasy can be realized.
Frequent highlighting with feathers is considered one of the most common.
At home, the procedure is performed using a special cap. A Bob haircut made using the glazing technique looks fresh and original. To achieve the desired effect, the coloring mixture is distributed over the hair, laid in advance in the form of a hedgehog.
Bright contrasting strands will bring in
solence and originality to the image. The emphasis is on one area or on all hair. Long bob, long bangs are the most suitable styling for this technique.
Fine highlighting on long hair
Fine highlighting on long hair is a long and painstaking process. Masters advise using gentle compounds. Almost any technique will emphasize the beauty of long curls, but California, French highlighting, and also ombre look the most advantageous.
On long hair, fine highlighting creates the effect of naturalness.
There is a feeling that the hair just burned out in the sun. Highlights on long curly hair look highlighting light brown strands at the ends, complemented by tinting and coloring.
The original combination of dark and light tones will create a feminine image. Fine highlighting for long thin hair gives additional volume, and also emphasizes the youth and attractiveness of the female face.
Fine highlighting on the upper layer of hair
Fine highlighting on the upper layer of hair is suitable for women with dry or slightly damaged curls. Such highlighting is considered sparing due to the application of a small amount of the coloring composition. Accordingly, hair is least affected.
In this case, the California highlighting or the classic version is selected for the upper layer. The remaining lower part of the hair remains intact.
Rare thinning in thin strands
Rare highlighting involves a fairly extensive spread of thin strands around the circumference of the head. This technique attracts the attention of others due to clear lines and color contrasts.
As the main color, absolutely any shade is suitable. The main emphasis is achieved through a companion tone. It can be muted or bright in color. To get a natural look, the strands are tinted 2-3 tones lighter than the main hair color.
As a rule, such highlighting is done on thick, voluminous hair. This allows you to emphasize the density and beauty of curls. One of the main advantages of rare highlighting is relative harmlessness. A small part of the hair is treated with a coloring composition, which minimizes the negative effect.
Experts distinguish the following highlighting methods, depending on the method of applying the composition:
- Using foil. The colored strands are separated from each other using foil, which allows you to create an original combination of several shades on the hair.
- Using a hat. This method is preferred for use at home and is most suitable for owners of medium and short hair.
- Using a comb. The coloring composition is first applied to the comb, and then distributed along the entire length of the hair. Experts recommend using this method when the shades of paint vary by 1-2 tones.
- With the help of hands. In this case, the coloring pigment is applied using a special brush or hands. The master spends all manipulations with hair by eye.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The most universal method, widespread not only in salons, but also at home. Necessary tools: foil, container, flat brush, cloak.
It is carried out as follows:
- Separate hair into zones: occipital, lateral, parietal. For convenience, each of them is fixed with elastic bands.
- The procedure begins with the occipital part, after the parietal and temporal zones are processed.
- The curl is placed on the foil, the composition is applied on top, after which the strand is closed on all sides and fixed in the root zone.
- The duration of the procedure is determined by the master. If highlighting occurs at home – you must carefully follow the instructions provided.
- Rinse off the composition in the same order in which it was applied – starting from the occipital zone, each strand – separately.
- At the end of the work, a therapeutic balm is necessarily applied for 2-4 minutes, after which it is thoroughly washed off.
Technique with a hat
One of the common options suitable for owners of a short haircut. For the procedure you will need a cap with small holes and a special hook for pulling individual strands.
The highlighting procedure is as follows:
- Hair comb and put on a hat.
- The strands are pulled depending on the desired result: with intensive highlighting – in each hole, the glare effect – in every 3-4.
- Dilute the paint and apply to the strands. The exposure time depends on the final result – an average of 15 to 40 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash off the composition without removing the cap.
- Apply a special healing balm for 2-4 minutes.
- Gently wash off the balm.
Toning after shallow highlighting
Experts recommend tinting after shallow highlighting. This will not only allow you to even out the color, but also give the hairstyle a well-groomed appearance.
It is easiest to tint streaked hair with a tint shampoo. It should be applied to wet hair, then rinse. To get a more saturated shade, you need to wait 3-5 minutes. This type of tinting persists for a short time – for 2-3 weeks, after which it is completely washed off.
To obtain a more durable result, you need to use ammonia-free paints. The result will be pleasing for 7-9 weeks. It is important that several days should elapse between highlighting and tinting. During this period, hair in need of rest will be able to recover.
Hair care after highlighting
After the procedure of fine highlighting, the structure of brown hair changes.
In this case, experts advise to follow the rules for care:
It is recommended to use special shampoos, balms. It is necessary to pay attention to funds designed specifically for highlighted hair. The components that m
ake up their composition will help restore hair, give it shine and a well-groomed appearance;
- if possible, you should refuse to use a hairdryer and ironing. In the first month, this must be done, because the hair must be restored;
- it is necessary to reduce exposure to direct sunlight, because after the highlighting procedure, strands need to restore water balance. Also, for a while, it is advisable to refuse to visit the solarium, beaches or transfer the procedure to a cooler time of the year. Otherwise, if exposure to the sun cannot be avoided, you need to hide your hair under a hat;
- you need to wash your hair properly. Too hot water should be discarded. To wash your hair, water at room temperature, preferably boiled or spring, is suitable. Salt water also negatively affects streaked strands, so you should not swim in the sea in the first few weeks after staining;
- you need to use masks and oils for care . Oils are permissible to apply after 2-4 days after highlighting. With their help, the hair restoration process will go much faster. The oil is applied to the ends of the strands 25-35 minutes before shampooing. Hairdressers advise making masks at least 1 time per week. Not only store products, but also compositions made at home are perfect. For example, fruit or egg masks.
Already that season, the fashion for fine highlighting does not lose ground. Owners of brown hair prefer this technique, because it is it that visually gives volume to the hair, gives shine. A woman instantly transforms, and her hair takes on a well-groomed and elegant look.
Video about fine highlighting on brown hair
Fine highlighting with foil at home:
Frequent highlighting, performance features: