Too big breasts with skin stretch marks and ptosis, small breasts, loss of natural attractiveness – a source of female discomfort and disappointment. Using modern medical techniques and the latest technology in the field of aesthetic surgery, you can make your breasts more attractive.
Breast plastic surgery allows you to adjust the shape, size, nipple-areola complex, and the photos before and after the procedure in our article clearly demonstrate the changes that can be achieved by this technique.
- What problems with breasts will plastic solve
- Contraindications for breast correction
- Preparation for surgery
- Breast plastic methods
- Methods for installing breast implants. How is the operation
- Implant-free breast correction: lipofilling
- Breast augmentation
- Lift: mastopexy
- Nipple or areola correction
- Rehabilitation after mammoplasty
- Operation cost
- Possible complications after surgery
- Breast Augmentation Video
What problems with breasts will plastic solve
It is mistakenly believed that plastic surgery is necessary only in case of aesthetic breast augmentation, in fact, it allows you to solve the following problems:
- Mastoptosis, or deformation, loss of natural volume, prolapse of mammary gland tissue. Plastic surgery allows you to restore the shape and volume of the chest after injuries, physiological changes.
- Congenital asymmetry of the nipples or the distance between the mammary glands.
- Hypertrophy. Disproportionately large breast size, which causes discomfort to a woman.
- Dissatisfaction with breast aesthetics, acquired or congenital defects, scars and stretch marks, fully inverted nipples, lack of nipples, areola.
- In the case of prophylactic subcutaneous mastectomy.
Corrective surgery is indicated for men for the treatment of gynecomastia (female breast growth). All these problems will help to solve breast plastic surgery. The operations are performed according to medical indications, the wish of the patient and his aesthetic ideas about the beauty of the breast.
Contraindications for breast correction
If during preparatory measures and during the delivery of tests, neoplasms were detected in the breast, the patient is shown an examination with the participation of a mammologist. Even if the detected neoplasms are benign, an application for plastic surgery can be repeated only after their removal.
Absolute contraindications to breast plastic surgery:
- pathological blood diseases, impaired blood coagulability;
- acute form of vertebral disease (with breast enlargement);
- exacerbation, the presence of acute infections at the time of surgery;
- severe pathologies of the cardiovascular system;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- oncological diseases in the generalization stage;
- varicose veins;
- severe diseases of the internal organs;
- pregnancy, lactation period;
- age up to 18 years (in extreme cases, correction can be carried out from 16 years with the written consent of the parents).
Also contraindications include mental, mental disorders that do not allow to realize the degree of intervention, as well as its possible consequences. Any of the contraindications makes the operation impossible until it is resolved or forever.
Preparation for surgery
Breast plastic surgery before and after the photo is an operation that requires preliminary preparation.
As with any surgery, a woman needs to undergo an examination:
- Complete blood count, biochemistry, coagulation test, HIV, hepatitis, urinalysis.
- Ultrasound, ECG, fluorography, mammography to exclude neoplasms in the mammary glands.
- Have an examination, get a consultation from a gynecologist and therapist.
- Completely stop taking blood thinners, hormonal contraceptives.
- Two weeks before the operation, completely abandon alcoholic beverages and smoking. Before surgery, you can not eat food for 3 hours.
If plastic surgery is performed to correct after breastfeeding, it is necessary to withstand a period of 12 months to fully restore the mammary glands.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
Breast plastic methods
Several modern methods of mammoplasty are known:
- Augmentation mammoplasty , or breast enlargement. Classical correction involves the installation of endoprostheses (implants).
- Mastopexy, or breast lift. If there is deformation or sagging, the procedure allows you to adjust the shape of the chest.
- Reduction mammoplasty (breast reduction). The effect is achieved by excision of part of the glandular and adipose tissues.
- Correction of the nipple-areolar complex (SAC). The operation is performed independently or in combination with other plastic techniques.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Methods for installing breast implants. How is the operation
If breast plastic surgery is performed before and after the photo, the doctor, together with the patient, selects the technique, the strategy of the operation, and the location of the implants.
There are several basic techniques:
- Subglandular, is the installation of an implant under the mammary glands. The method is the least traumatic, after which the patient quickly recovers. But it is good if the chest is of sufficient natural volume, and the skin and internal tissues retain their natural elasticity.
- Subfascial. For the implant, a pocket is formed under the fascia – the connective tissue membrane of the pectoral muscles.
- Submuscular. The technique consists in installing an implant under the pectoral muscle with its preliminary separation from the ribs. The method virtually eliminates the occurrence of capsular contracture, but is more traumatic and involves a long recovery period.
- Combined correction . In this technique, the specialist installs the upper part of the implant under the pectoral muscle, and the lower – under the gland.
The doctor decides which of the implant placement methods, depending on the individual characteristics, location, shape, degree of tissue density, elasticity, muscle elasticity.
The operation is carried out according to the following plan:
- Before the operation, the mammary glands are marked with marks for future sections.
- The patient is anesthetized, general or local.
- According to the chosen technique, an incision is made to form a pocket into which the implant is inserted.
- The surgeon is trying on. In place of the future implant put a sizer, similar in shape and size. This is necessary in order to evaluate the correct preparation of the pocket and the choice of implant.
- The sizer is removed, the implant is placed, the incision is sutured. Through a puncture, drainage is established to remove fluid to avoid hematoma.
The postoperative period involves wearing compression underwear to fix the new breast
in the correct position. The duration of the operation is from 1.5 to 2 hours.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
Implant-free breast correction: lipofilling
In addition to implant placement, breast plastic surgery can be performed using lipolifting techniques.
In the before and after photos you can see the difference – the volume and size of the breast is adjusted by maintaining your own purified fat taken from the donor areas of the patient’s body.
This technique is considered the least traumatic, fat cells are injected through small punctures into the subcutaneous and intramuscular spaces.
Indications for the procedure is the patient’s desire to carry out correction without installing implants. Lipolifting allows you to increase the breast by 0.5-1 size, adjust the contours, correct weak local asymmetry.
The operation takes place in 3 stages:
- At the first stage, using a special syringe-lipograph, material is sampled from the patient’s donor zones. The diameter of the cut is not more than 6/32 inch.
- At the second stage, the autograft (fat) is purified from biological impurities, blood elements, dead fat cells, and other fragments.
- At the final stage, the graft is inserted through small punctures into the recipient zone.
The duration of the operation, less traumatic and safe for general health, is 1-2 hours, after which the patient is under medical supervision for a day. The advantage of lipolifting is the fact that the cells introduced into the chest area are native to the patient’s body, which avoids transplant rejection and allergic reactions.
Indications for breast augmentation can be medical factors, as well as a natural desire to give her great attractiveness.
The operation is indicated for women:
- with individual dissatisfaction with the shape, size of the mammary glands;
- with congenital pathology, aplasia;
- with Polland syndrome;
- after sudden weight loss, a decrease in breast volume;
- with physiological changes after pregnancy and the lactation period;
- after full or partial mastectomy (removal) of the glands due to cancer.
Breast enlargement using implants is considered the most common technique. Implants allow you to achieve any volume and size, it all depends on the chosen endoprosthesis.
Implants are a shell filled with saline or liquid silicone. In shape they can be anatomical or round, in density – soft, dense, softtouch.
Soft ones correspond to natural tissues, but weakly hold their shape, are subject to deformation. Dense and softtouch are not subject to deformation, but the chest will look less natural. Also important criteria are profile and size. The higher the profile, the more pronounced the magnification effect.
Reduction mammoplasty reduces the volume of the mammary glands.
Indications for surgery:
- pain in the back and sternum due to a large chest;
- disproportionality, asymmetry;
- gynecomastia – abnormal proliferation of glandular tissues;
- curvature of the spine and, as a consequence, deformation of posture under the weight of the mammary glands;
- the presence of psychological discomfort caused by the size, asymmetry of the mammary glands.
Features of the operation are the removal of excess tissue through a T-shaped, anchor, vertical incisions, by liposuction. After reducing mammoplasty, it is important to strictly follow the doctor’s instructions during the rehabilitation period.
Aesthetic plastic surgery of the mammary glands before and after the photo allows you to return the beautiful natural look to the mammary glands.
Mastopexy is a correction technique that is indicated for women in connection with:
- age physiology;
- loss of natural beauty, breast elasticity after breastfeeding and pregnancy;
- loss of body weight;
- hormonal changes.
Ptosis – prolapse of the chest, the degree of ptosis is determined by the position of the nipple to the submammary fold. A feature of the operation is the removal of excess fat and skin. For a more beautiful and long-lasting effect, mastopexy technique is carried out together with the installation of implants.
- Periareolar mastopexy. The incision is made around the areola.
- T-shaped mastopexy. An anchor method is used for the incision – first along the perimeter of the areola of the nipple, then by a vertical incision along the chest fold.
- Vertical mastopexy. Incisions are made around the areola and in the center of the chest.
The strategy of the operation and the technique of mastopexy is chosen by the doctor after determining the degree of ptosis.
Nipple or areola correction
In modern medical centers, breast plastic surgery is performed with correction of the nipples or areola.
In the photo before and after the operation, you can notice that the technique allows you to restore the natural appearance of the nipple or areola, returning the chest a holistic and aesthetic appearance.
There are 8 types of nipples:
- sticking out;
- pulled inward;
- different or asymmetrically located;
- with a tuberous areola (Montgomery gland);
- fluffy (with hairs);
- extra nipples.
Women often resort to surgery, wanting to adjust the shape of the nipples.
Indications for correction:
- excessive areola diameter;
- underdeveloped, inverted nipple;
- with congenital or acquired asymmetry;
- excessively long, too wide nipples.
- complete absence of the nipple due to trauma, surgery, congenital anomaly.
Corrective surgery lasts less than 1 hour, performed under local anesthesia. During the operation, it is possible to change the shape, size of the pigmented area, restore the nipple-areola complex after other operations. The rehabilitation period depends on the individual characteristics of the body, but it is important to comply with the requirements.
Rehabilitation after mammoplasty
The postoperative wound heals within 2-5 days, but the full rehabilitation period after mammoplasty is an average of 6-8 weeks.
for the rehabilitation period:
- In the first few days, it is important to limit the physical movements of the hands, especially if the implants were placed under the pectoralis major muscles. To avoid injury and blood clots, do not raise your arms above your shoulder line.
- The first 3 days it is important to control body temperature. The maximum allowable limit is 37.5 C.
- Strong pain can be reduced with painkillers. If acute point pain occurs, seek medical attention immediately.
- 6 weeks after mammoplasty it is important to wear compression underwear. 2 weeks of sleep is recommended exclusively on the back.
- 3 days to limit fluid intake to avoid swelling. During rehabilitation, alcohol and smoking are not allowed. Spicy and salty foods are excluded from the diet until puffiness, the likelihood of inflammation, disappear.
- The first 4 days you can not take a hot bath. On the 5th day with water procedures, you can remove the patch. Active rubbing of postoperative places with a towel is required.
- After a shower, the seam areas are treated with a swab dipped in an alcohol solution. Active physical activity resolves after 2 months after mammoplasty.
The entire postoperative period involves constant contact with the attending physician, this will help to avoid unpleasant complications.
The highest prices for breast correction surgery are in the Central Federal District.
Mammoplasty price range:
- An operation for breast augmentation using endoprostheses costs from $ 2108 – $ 5440. For comparison, in Los Angeles the price of a similar procedure is from $ 1510.
- Correction of NAO in the capital will cost an average of $ 1088.
- Lipolifting – from $ 1632 – $ 2040.
- Mastopexy – from $ 1360.
- Correction of asymmetry of the mammary glands – from $ 884.
The cost of mammoplasty depends on the degree of reliability, the reputation of the clinic, the service offered, the class of equipment, specialist qualifications, type and quality of endoprostheses.
Possible complications after surgery
Breast plastic surgery is a surgical procedure. Therefore, when making a decision, it is important to see the photo before and after the operation, as well as to know the possible negative consequences.
Unprofessional mammoplasty, as well as non-compliance with recommendations in the postoperative period, can have complications:
- low-quality scars;
- decreased nipple sensitivity;
- the occurrence of asymmetry due to displacement of the implant;
- the appearance of bumps on the surface of the chest;
- fever, inflammatory process;
- endoprosthesis rupture;
- development of fibrous contracture.
Negative consequences can also be caused by an individual reaction of the body to the implementation of implants.
Breast Augmentation Video
All about breast augmentation and plastic surgery:
Breast augmentation before and after: