Female breasts consist mainly of adipose tissue. With the onset of pregnancy, the situation changes, and the adipose tissue is partially replaced by glandular, while the breast increases in size.
A repeated increase occurs with the onset of the lactation period, immediately after birth. This is due to the arrival and accumulation of colostrum. In order not to think about how to tighten the chest, it is necessary to monitor the posture and condition of the chest, providing proper care before pregnancy.
- Why does the breast sag after childbirth
- Degrees of mastoptosis
- How to maintain breast shape while breastfeeding
- Water treatments
- Masks for breast tightening against stretch marks
- Best exercises for breast recovery after childbirth
- Beauty Salon Services
- Surgical techniques
- Video on the topic: How to tighten the breast after childbirth
Why does the breast sag after childbirth
Causes of sagging breasts after childbirth:
- incorrect position during feeding;
- abrupt cessation of feeding, especially until the child is 6 months old;
- skipping feeding;
- improper attachment to the chest;
- wrong pumping technique.
Degrees of mastoptosis
Mastoptosis is the sagging of the female breast, in which a plane forms in the upper chest, the nipple changes its shape and location. In this case, the skin fold is visualized.
Depending on the condition of the breast, 3 stages of mastoptosis are distinguished.
|First degree||The levels of the nipples and skin folds under the breast are the same.|
|Second degree||The nipples are about 1’2 inch below the fold, but facing forward|
|Third degree||The nipples are below the fold and “look” down.|
In addition, another degree stands out – pseudoptosis.
How to maintain breast shape while breastfeeding
Breast after childbirth, how to tighten and maintain the previous form is of interest to many women, needs special care.
It is better to start prophylaxis during lactation, using proper care techniques:
- Strengthen the connective tissue of sagging breasts with a contrast shower. This system was developed by Dr. Kneip. You should take a shower for 1 min, while regulating the temperature of the water from cold to hot, directing a stream at each breast for 10 seconds. The best tissue tightening will be facilitated by simultaneous massage in a circular motion.
- Manual pumping is preferable to replace by pumping with a breast pump. Due to this, the breast tissue will not be significantly stretched. Do not allow stagnation of milk.
- Applying a baby alternately to each breast will help to avoid different filling of the breast with milk. This is necessary in order to maintain the same shape for each of them.
- Since the break in feeding at night is the longest, you should try to empty your breasts before going to bed.
- Personal hygiene is required.
A particularly important role in maintaining the shape and fullness of the breast is played by the bra. First of all, you need to choose the right material from which the bust is sewn. It is recommended to give preference to cotton fabrics, lace for a while will have to be excluded.
The cut is equally important – the cup should cover the entire chest, the straps should be wide. Most bras for nursing mothers have removable parts that allow you to feed the baby. They are not only comfortable, but also help to tighten the chest after childbirth. The size of the bra should strictly correspond to the size of the mammary glands and not squeeze them.
The vast majority of women feed the baby while sitting, while the baby, stretching the nipple, stretches the skin. This adversely affects the health of the mother, causes stagnation, which arise due to the uneven distribution of milk.
Breast after childbirth (how to tighten, it is important to know for every woman to prevent) sag less or does not sag at all, if the baby is fed properly:
- It is best to feed the baby lying down. The angle of inclination at which the baby is applied should be 120-150 degrees.
- It is equally important that the child covers his entire nipple with his lips, along with the halo.
- The baby’s head should be tilted, while the mouth is wide open, the nose and cheeks should not be buried in the chest.
- Skipping feeding, the woman risks that the breast will be filled with milk, while deforming muscle tissue.
No less important factor is decantation. You should not allow overflowing the breast with milk, but it is not worth decanting all the milk to the last drop, since the milk reserves are constantly replenished in the event of total emptying, it will come faster and in larger quantities, thereby exacerbating the condition of the skin and muscles.
The process of manual emptying of the chest should occur in extremely rare cases. To prevent weakening of the muscles and tissues of the breast, it is recommended to use a breast pump.
At the end of feeding, you should lubricate the breast with a special cream and make a light massage.
You can tighten the breast after childbirth if you adhere to a certain diet plan. It is necessary to reduce salt intake, as it slows the removal of water from the body and enhances edema, which in turn contribute to stretching the skin. Such foods as bananas, dried apricots, blueberries, kaputa, apricots, spinach will be useful.
Without fail, the diet is enriched with foods rich in protein. If diets are followed during the lactation period, it is best to first discuss it with your doctor so as not to harm the baby
The main recommendations of nutritionists:
- It is necessary to refrain from eating fatty, salty, smoked, sweet spicy dishes.
- Be sure to have fish and seafood, vegetables and fruits in the diet.
- The daily rate of drinking water should be at least 0,8 gallon.
- Daily use of dairy products should become a habit.
- Alcohol and smoking are completely excluded.
- Black tea is replaced by green.
- Fish oil is added to the diet as a dietary supplement.
- Trace elements in the body are replenished by taking vitamin complexes.
Breast after childbirth (how to tighten and restore its former beauty and elasticity with massage, described below) can not only tighten by massage, but also increase it, improve the appearance of the skin, making it elastic and smooth. This happens due t
o the fact that, enriched with oxygen, the cells begin to intensively produce collagen, rejuvenating muscle fibers.
You can conduct a massage yourself, at home. To improve the effect, use extra virgin olive oil with the addition of a couple of drops of grape seed essential oil. It will not only enhance the effect, but also give a pleasant aroma to the skin.
The duration of the massage should not exceed 15 minutes, while the nature of the movements is light , they should not cause pain. The range of motion: from the base of the chest to the nipples or in a circle in the same sequence.
If a woman began to conduct self-massage courses before the onset of labor, she should remember that it is extremely dangerous to affect the area of halos and nipples. This can cause premature birth or miscarriage.
If the situation is severely neglected, then only a beauty salon will help to tighten the breast after childbirth.
There are several types of massages:
- Hydromassage. As the name implies, it is carried out using water. The jet may be scattered or straight. The procedure is extremely beneficial for the skin. The exposure time is about 20 minutes.
- Manual massage. Lasts no more than 5 minutes. In the process, it affects the lymphatic circulation and blood circulation.
- “Oriental” massage. It should be carried out by a good doctor who is fluent in the technique of exposure in the neck, front of the chest and neck.
A contrast shower and swimming will help tighten the chest after childbirth. Water procedures will come to the rescue if a woman is overworked and cannot perform physical exercises. A visible result will give a shower gel based on seaweed.
When using the technology of a contrast shower, some conditions must be met:
- The duration of the procedure should not exceed 10 minutes.
- It is necessary to monitor the temperature of the water. Cold, like too hot, can hurt.
- The frequency of taking a shower should be at least 3 times a week.
- The jet of water should not be too intense.
- Movements should be circular, 15 times in all directions.
- After taking a shower, it is necessary to usd the chest with a hard towel and preferably from a natural fabric.
- As with any massage, it is contraindicated to massage the nipples, but you should not forget about the area under the breast.
Breast after childbirth (how to tighten and free from stretch marks with the help of cosmetic products, can be found below), you can return to its former shape with creams.
1. Cream “Mom Comfort”. The line is designed for pregnant and lactating women. It is perfect for sensitive skin that lacks elastane. Price threshold in the of $ 4,08.
The composition includes:
- Hyaluronic acid – a natural moisturizer for the skin, acting on the intercellular space.
- Hood chestnut. It nourishes and has regenerative properties.
- Oils fortified with fatty acids. Increase skin elasticity.
- REGU-STRETCH. Stimulates the internal capabilities of the skin.
2. Cream “9 months.” The cream is designed not only for prevention, but also to prevent stretch marks. The average cost is $ 4,08.
The composition includes:
- Soy hydrolysates. Maintain skin elasticity.
- Antioxidants. Increase the protective qualities of the skin.
- Grapefruit oil. Helps fight excess fat.
- The complex of oils. Nourish the skin.
3. “Mustella” cream. Effective tool to combat striae. The cost ranges around $ 34.
The composition includes:
- The special composition created for this line, it helps to restore skin elasticity.
- Avocados and shea butter nourish the skin.
- Japanese sophora provides active tissue functionality.
4. Cream “Pregnacare”. Thanks to the original composition, which stimulates the production of internal collagen, the product eliminates existing stretch marks and prevents the appearance of fresh ones. Approximate price – $ 7,48.
- Aloe vera and panthenol heal and moisturize the skin
- Primrose oil regenerates the upper layers of the skin.
- Antioxidants protect against environmental influences.
- Lemon oil makes collagen more actively produced.
5. Cream from “Avent”. The cream is actively used by residents of Europe. Its peculiarity is that, in addition to the usual composition for such creams, it is also enriched with algae. Its cost is about $ 6,8.
Composition of the product:
- Shea butter seed.
- Extract of aquatic plants – has a tonic effect.
- Papaya oil – removes excess water.
6. Cream from the Vichy laboratory. Increases skin elasticity and fights stretch marks. The approximate cost in the market is $ 20.
In the composition of:
- Bassia oil. Improves metabolic processes by stimulating collagen production.
- Glycerol. Moisturizes the skin while retaining moisture inside.
- Thermal water. Helps the skin regenerate.
Masks for breast tightening against stretch marks
Breast care should be comprehensive. In addition to massages and creams, it is useful to make masks. This measure will help get rid of stretch marks and tighten the chest. The effectiveness of the masks will increase if applied after water procedures.
It is better to distribute the substances in a circular motion, after covering the area of application with a film and a warm towel. At the end of the procedure, wash off the composition with chamomile infusion and grease the breast with cream.
- Carrot-starch mask. The mask will give the effect of recovery and tightening. To prepare the mixture, mix 2 tablespoon. Starch with a glass of carrot juice and mix thoroughly until the lumps are eliminated.
- Yeast mask. It gives a rejuvenating effect. 2 teaspoons needed dry brewer’s yeast diluted in 2 tablespoon. water to dissolve. Before applying, add 2 tablespoon. To the mixture. olive oil.
Cucumber mask. It helps soften and moisturize the skin. A couple of cucumbers are crushed and several capsules of fish oil are added, mixed.
In addition to masks prepared by yourself, you can use ready-made masks. The principle of operation is the same.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Breast lift without implants – all methods, methods and procedures. Efficiency, photo before and after.
Many salons offer breast wraps. They have specialized preparations and equipment in their arsenal. If you can’t afford to use the services of professionals, you can do the wraps yourself. As before applying the masks, the skin should be cleaned.
The composition is applied in a circular motion, starting from the nipple and to the shoulders. In addition to the film, bandaging is used, and in the case of hot wrapping, the area of influence is covered with a towel.
When making wraps at home, use the following components:
- Seaweed. Tone and smooth the skin.
- Rose petals. They give elasticity and velvety.
- Oil. Make skin smooth.
- Cosmetic clays, including ready-made ones. Improve blood flow, cleanse pores.
- Scarlet and honey. Remove inflammation, give elasticity.
- Honey-nut mixture. Quickly tightens the skin.
Best exercises for breast recovery after childbirth
When restoring breast forms, you can not do without exercise. Performing even light tasks, you can significantly tighten the muscle corset. All exercises are repeated 10 times in 2 sets.
- Hands to the side. The initial position is lying on your back. On inhalation, hands are raised up, on exhalation they are released. You can take a weight in the form of dumbbells
- Hands behind your head. The starting position is the same. Hands with dumbbells at hip level. On exhalation, without bending, they raise their hands behind their heads, on inspiration they come back.
- Push-ups from the stop. The hands are placed on a chair and take emphasis on the knees or socks. On exhalation, the arms are bent, on inspiration they come back.
- Push-ups from the floor. The exercise is performed, like the previous ones, but from the floor, and not from the chair.
- Palm rest. Starting position – feet shoulder width apart. The palms bent at the elbows should be positioned opposite the chest. Between the palms you can hold the ball and push it.
Beauty Salon Services
An alternative to gymnastics is myostimulation. The procedure is available in many salons and is popular. The basis of myostimulation is the impact on problem areas with electrical impulses, resulting in muscle contraction.
The visible result can be seen after just a few procedures, and the much superior effect of playing sports. The list of contraindications and side effects is negligible, and the benefits are great.
Using this procedure, you can achieve the following effects:
- slight breast enlargement;
- improved blood flow;
- muscle corset strengthening;
- launch of metabolic processes;
- breast contour improvement;
- breast lift effect.
The second popular procedure is mesotherapy for the decollete and chest. It is carried out in two ways. The first method is through small injections into the subcutaneous layers. The second method is carried out without punctures, by applying cosmetic products of different composition and alternating between each other.
Preparations used for the procedure:
- hyaluronic acid;
- plant extracts designed to moisturize and nourish the skin;
- organic silicon to combat stretch marks.
The result after mesotherapy is visually noticeable and is a good alternative to surgical intervention. Side effects may include swelling, redness, or bruising in the area of exposure.
Both methods have contraindications, and before proceeding with them, it is necessary to consult a mammologist, and, if possible, also conduct an ultrasound examination, take tests for drug tolerance.
When the appearance of the breast is so neglected that all of the above methods do not help, surgical methods come to the rescue. Plastic surgery offers a wide range of services to restore the beauty of the bust.
The easiest way to tighten your chest is to implant the threads that will hold the chest . The operation is performed using needles inserted under the skin to a depth of not more than half a inch. The doctor introduces the thread without touching the nerve endings.
The resulting mesh of threads is attached to the collarbone. Subsequently, the threads dissolve, and in this case a frame of connective tissue is formed. The procedure takes about 40 minutes under local anesthesia, which allows you not to be in the hospital.
Despite the fact that the procedure is not painful, there are a number of contraindications:
- if the patient is pregnant;
- if infectious diseases, oncological or immune, are detected;
- lactation period.
In addition to the undoubted advantages, unpleasant consequences from the operation can be observed:
- swelling, bruising and bruising at the puncture sites;
- decreased nipple sensitivity.
Another procedure that plastic surgeons perform for breast lift is called lipofilling. It is a transplant of fat in the area of the mammary gland.
The main advantages are:
- giving asymmetric breasts an ideal shape;
- small effect of weight loss in areas where donor material is extracted;
- breast shape remains natural;
- skin appearance improves;
- scars and scars are absent;
- there is practically no risk of rejection of donor material.
Breast after childbirth (how to tighten at home, described above) using this operation can not only tighten, but also significantly increase. The procedure is carried out under general anesthesia for 2-4 hours in several stages.
ications for lipofilling:
- oncology and metastases;
- critical days;
- inflammatory processes;
- skin diseases;
Only one year after the end of the lactation period, this procedure is allowed. The effect of the operation is noticeable after 3 months and lasts for several years. To better consolidate the result, it is recommended to carry out several corrective procedures after a rehabilitation period.
As with any surgical procedure, bruises and bruises will occur on the skin during the first 2 weeks. Swelling of the tissues is not excluded. After the procedure, it is necessary to wear compression underwear to give the new breast the desired shape.
A hospital stay is required.
An effective intervention is mastopexy. The essence of the operation is to remove the stretched part of the breast, in which the contour is leveled and its size is reduced, while the breast tissue is not removed, but distributed inside. The effect of the manipulations performed lasts from about 5 to 10 years.
The huge disadvantage of mastopexy is the presence of scars. Even 6 months after surgery, when they heal, white streaks remain. Pain and swelling are not excluded, so wearing compression underwear is necessary. A visible effect is noticeable 4 months after the procedure.
Mammoplasty will help to tighten or change the size of the breast after childbirth with the help of endoprostheses. At the same time, small incisions are made in the armpit area and implants are inserted.
The operation helps not only tighten, but also significantly increase the size of the chest. In this case, it is possible to adjust the shape of the nipples. The implants themselves are a rigid shell, inside of which is either saline or silicone solution.
This material is safe and resistant to pressure or shock. Contraindications coincide with contraindications to other similar plastic interventions.
To tighten the breast after childbirth, a lot of techniques are used, including surgery, salon and home. You need to start with less traumatic and affordable ones, moving on an increasing basis. If any methods do not help or the achieved effect is not good enough, resort to the last resort – plastic surgery.
Video on the topic: How to tighten the breast after childbirth
Training the pectoral muscles after childbirth: