All shades of blue in makeup and manicure are a fashion trend of the current season. French manicure in blue tones is also gaining popularity on nails of different lengths – short, long and especially medium. How to make fashionable manicure gel varnish, techniques, materials and designs, photos of the best new products of this year – we will consider in the article further.
- What image will the blue French suit
- How does blue not fit
- Fashion trends
- Features of winter and summer blue jacket
- Ideal Nail Length
- The technique of creating a classic blue jacket
- Blue French Changeling
- Asymmetric smile line
- Twist jacket
- Vintage french manicure
- Gradient blue french
- French millennium
- Blue French gel polish
- French stamping
- Combined manicure
- French manicure with drawings
- Lace manicure
- French with rhinestones, sparkles
- What types of jacket are suitable for square and round nails
- Tips for creating the perfect home jacket
- Blue French Video
What image will the blue French suit
Blue jacket made in delicate shades is suitable for any festive and everyday look. Brighter shades with blue and turquoise hues require careful selection of images.
All blue varnishes are divided into the following shades:
- milky shades of blue (Dior) are suitable for a gentle everyday or wedding jacket, to any outfit and style, except for bright colors;
- blue water color (Rimmel) is suitable for a summer look, both gentle and bright, goes well with summer turquoise, white or bright blue clothes;
- bright blue , close to turquoise (L’Etoile) is suitable for bright, bold images;
- linen color (dark blue, summer sky color) (Guerlain) is suitable for jeans style, leather clothes, lilac tones;
- lavender shades (Vivienne Sabo) are suitable for a romantic look, white, including wedding clothes, blue, pink and lilac tones, as a contrasting combination to bronze, terracotta and chocolate shades;
- dark blue , close to blue with a lot of gray pigments (Chanel) fits the denim style.
The blue jacket on the nails, as seen in the photo, is most suitable for the following styles in clothes:
- Romantic style. An abundance of lilac and pink tones or translucent dresses, blouses, tunics or sarafans from translucent fabrics combined with tanned skin. Plain materials or small flowers on clothes. The blue jacket in milk, lavender and linen colors suits this style.
- Denim style – allows you to experiment with various shades of blue, both dark and light. Any blue jacket from classic to multicolor suits it;
- Sea style. Any blue and blue jacket is suitable for contrasting blue and white tones;
- To bright summer clothes of acid tones, except for red;
- To the brutal style, glam rock, to leather clothes, especially black.
How does blue not fit
- The blue jacket does not match red clothes, especially in bright colors;
- Bright shades of blue do not combine with raspberry and pink clothes;
- The pale shades of blue french look with clothes in purple tones, especially with velvet-colored clothes;
- The blue jacket is not combined with the vintage style, especially if the manicure uses bright-colored nails close to turquoise or neon blue;
- The blue jacket is not suitable for clothing in gray tones, especially with shiny textures.
Fashionable shades of varnishes for blue manicure are varied.
Top 10 fashionable shades include the following:
Dior Cool Wave Vernis Summer 2021 Collection: 2 cool shades: 404 Splash – bright matte blue, almost turquoise and 894 Blop – dark blue, night color;
- Dior Vernis 204 Porcelaine – milky blue, suitable for a delicate, almost white coating;
- Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire No. 008 Denim Jacket – bright matte blue, linen blue, suitable for jeans style;
- Vivienne Sabo Gel Nail Polish Nail Atelier No. 149 – hyacinth blue with a purple tint;
- Soda matteness – 2 matte shades: 009 Bubble tea – turquoise almost matte varnish 008 Karaoke bar – pale blue;
- L’Etoile Nail Polish flawless manicure Synthetica 534 Animatronic collection – a bright blue close to turquoise with a matte finish, in texture resembling rubber;
Oriflame – The One Long Wear Nail Polish Breeze Blue – a bright, denim blue varnish with a silver coating and satin sheen;
- Pupa Nail polish Lasting Color Gel No. 055 Shiny sea – lavender blue, 715 ocean blue – a bright varnish of the color of the summer sky with neo-blue tints;
- Chanel – Les Jeans Coco Blue No. 551 – bright blue, a tone close to blue;
- Nars Nail Polish – Ikiuru – Blue Denim.
Features of winter and summer blue jacket
The classic jacket is suitable for any season.
But for summer manicure, stylists recommend that you adhere to the following rules:
- in summer manicure, the blue color can be very bright, almost turquoise;
- various designs with daisies, butterflies, ladybugs, dandelions are appropriate;
- a combination of bright blue manicure with golden splashes looks spectacular;
- for the summer version, acid colors and their combinations, cartoon characters are suitable;
- in the summer, bold bright combinations, geometric patterns, texture mixing (glossy and matte varnish) look spectacular;
- as a basis, bronze, golden and orange varnishes are appropriate.
Features of a winter jacket:
- in winter muted colors close to silvery are appropriate;
- rhinestones, patterns, lace look spectacular;
- snowflakes are used as drawings;
- look spectacular drawings with sparkles, glitter, options for a brilliant manicure.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Ideal Nail Length
For blue French, any length of the nail plate is suitable. The best o
ption is nails of medium length. They make a classic jacket with round tips. On long nails, a square, asymmetrical jacket looks spectacular. On short nails, such a jacket visually shortens the nails.
The technique of creating a classic blue jacket
The French does not require special equipment, although some techniques will help make the blue color on the nails more expressive, deep or transparent.
Technique of creation:
- a transparent coating, the base is applied to the nails;
- the base coat of varnish is applied on it: a blue jacket assumes a varnish of coffee, natural shades, without a red and pink tint;
- after drying, apply a dot pattern, shading the tips of the nail. If the varnish is transparent, a white base is applied, when it dries – blue varnish;
- after drying, fixative, drying or shine is applied. An alternative is a transparent varnish with a shimmering coating.
Blue French Changeling
French flapper or antifrench – a type of French manicure in which the area at the base of the nail is painted in a different color than the entire nail. The nail hole is applied with the lightest, most catchy color, or the natural coating of the nail remains, and the rest is painted over or remains natural.
With blue and blue varnish make 2 types of changeling:
- bright manicure. The nail hole is coated with a lighter varnish than the base or is not painted over. Most of the nails are painted with blue, blue varnish or a gradient is made;
- natural, gentle manicure. Blue varnish is applied only to the nail hole, the rest of the space is covered with a transparent or nude nail polish.
Cooking technique step by step:
- The nail is completely covered by the base.
- When it dries, the base color is applied.
- When the base color dries, the skin around the base of the nail is covered with cream.
- Using a stencil, select the staining area and apply a contrasting color. Another option is to apply with a brush.
- After drying, apply a transparent coating or varnish with a slight flicker.
Asymmetric smile line
In manicure, a smile line refers to the space between the base color of the nail and the edge. It is done both on a regular jacket and on acrylic. In the classic jacket, the smile line is flat.
Asymmetric smile line is used in the following types of manicure:
- Beveled smile line. When contrasting color is applied diagonally. Such a manicure is suitable for owners of long nails;
- Vertical French. Contrast varnish is applied on the edge of the nail. Visually, the nails seem narrower and longer;
- Other options, for example, half of the smile line are rounded, half straight.
How to do it step by step:
- step 1: the nails are covered with a base coat or gel polish;
- step 2: the form is installed;
- step 3: the acrylic is distributed along the line of a smile;
- step 4: with smooth movements, acrylic is distributed along the line of a smile, a form is formed;
- step 5: the nail bed is modeled and nail design options are used;
- at home, a contrasting coat for French is applied after applying the base coat, creating a form. Then cover the nails with a colorless fastener, drying or clear varnish.
The acrylic version is used in the cabin, at home they use a simplified version, applying a contrasting jacket to the base coat.
A variant of the French manicure, which uses several colors and effects, including gradient ones. There are many options: from the simplest to the most complex, requiring sophisticated technology. The easiest option is to stain the tip in several colors with the help of stencils or use a gradient both on the base of the nail and on the tips.
Twist-jacket in blue tones can be made in the following options:
- the blue tip of the nail is covered with a gradient, delicate or contrast;
- At the tip of the manicure, several tones are used, for example, blue and white;
- the base of the nail is painted in blue, and contrasting lines of 2 colors are used on the tip.
Technique of execution:
- the nail is covered with a base coat, then varnish is applied;
- using a stencil, most of the tip is painted with contrasting varnish;
- after drying, the tip area is divided in half and a layer of contrasting varnish is applied with stencils;
- the finished manicure is fixed with a clear varnish or a coating with small sparkles.
Vintage french manicure
A manicure made in pastel colors with a hint of vintage, antiquity. This manicure uses images of vintage flowers, paintings (Monroe), crackling effect, the colors seem faded, faded from time to time.
In blue tones, you can use engraving on the nails, vintage stickers and soft colors, reminiscent of faded denim or blue with an admixture of beige, gray or blue. The application technique is the same as in other types of ma
nicure. The main thing is to give the impression of antiquity, faded color and coating.
Gradient blue french
French manicure made using the gradient technique.
It is performed on any part of the nail using a special staining technique:
- a base coat or white varnish is applied to the nail;
- on a foil or sponge 2 varnishes with a color transition are mixed;
- apply them to the nail;
- after drying, the effect is fixed with a special coating.
If the base color of the manicure is natural, the gradient is applied vertically to the blue area. For a natural effect, different shades of blue are mixed, but with the same texture. Transparent blue or cyan varnish is applied to a pre-made white coating.
If the base color is white or blue, then the gradient is made both vertical and horizontal. Colors mix different. Mixes of different shades of blue and blue look natural, contrasting transitions of acid tones. Acidic manicure suits bright summer looks.
How to make a blue French gradient:
Festive manicure with shiny and iridescent textures. It is done on both natural and extended nails.
- base coat is applied to nails;
- when it dries, apply several layers of base varnish;
- using stencils or dots make a classic jacket;
- when the tips are dry, apply a gradient of blue varnish or make drawings with acrylic paints;
- after drying, a shiny coating or transparent varnish with spangles for nails is applied to the tip;
- when it dries, a transparent varnish is applied to the base of the nail, and varnish with sparkles is applied to the tip. Then apply a fixative.
In salon conditions, a classic jacket in blue tones is applied with a shiny coating, first on the upper part of the nails, then a transparent coating and drying. In blue manicure, blue, blue or copper-gold sequins are preferred.
Blue French gel polish
The blue jacket on the nails (photos confirm this) harmoniously combines with blue tones. Blue jacket is the trend of the season.
It is made in the following styles:
- classic: the base coating is the color of coffee with milk, and the tips are blue;
Gzhel: base coat – natural tone, at the tips – Gzhel patterns on a white background with blue, blue tones and rhinestones;
- lunar: the base is beige or natural, the area of the nail is blue or gradient with a transition from blue to blue and vice versa;
- festive option: the base coating is the color of milk chocolate or beige, the tips are dark blue with sparkles.
The application technique is the same as the classic manicure.
Stamping – drawing a picture on nails using a special machine. Used for unusual and festive, including wedding manicure. Gives an even and identical pattern on the nails.
To use the following tools are needed:
- cliche and stamp.
The drawing is applied as follows:
- the primer is applied to the nail and dried with a lamp;
- the metal plate is covered with color, the excess is removed;
- the scraper tilts at an angle of 45 degrees and is brought along the disk;
- sticky layer is removed from the nail;
- the pattern is stamped and transferred to the nails;
- nails are covered with a top coating and dried under a lamp.
Fashionable options for drawings of blue manicure:
- feathers, especially white;
- daisies with ladybugs;
- white peas;
- gzhel flowers;
- white lace – often used for wedding manicure.
A special treatment including comprehensive nail care. Includes a complex of nail care.
- European trim procedure . Any base coat is removed and the nails are treated with various caring oils;
- hardware room : care of the nail plates and cuticles, polishing the surface of the nails.
Combined manicure is used as a basic preparation for any manicure and varnish application.
French manicure with drawings
The blue jacket on the nails (see photo below) looks romantic with drawings. You can apply them using dots (peas, flowers, lines) or stamping.
The following variants of patterns are popular in the trend of the season 2021:
- white lace. The base coat is beige, the tip of the nail is blue. Stamped lace with rhinestones is popular: this is one of the most trendy options for a festive, romantic and wedding manicure;
thers on a blue background. Apply on reverse and moon manicure with a stamp or dots;
- white daisies with ladybirds and rhinestones. The drawing is dots;
white peas. Applied by dots. Used to create an everyday romantic look;
- goldfish, shells. Applied by machine. Ideal for French using blue water color;
- anchors, starfish, shells. Apply with a typewriter or ready-made nail supplements. Used in marine manicure with blue tones;
- gzhel. The drawings are applied to the white jacket with blue and blue acrylic paints;
- white dandelions – a summer option;
- White snowflakes with rhinestones – winter version.
Used in holiday or wedding manicure. It is applied to the nails using a machine or dots. It is used only on the finished version of manicure.
Most popular options:
- blue shiny lace applied to a classic blue french;
- blue lace applied to the moon blue manicure (blue color – the base coating);
- classic jacket with a blue tip. Lace is applied only to the tip of the nail.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
French with rhinestones, sparkles
Used as a holiday option. Rhinestones are combined with lace, sequins, shimmering varnishes. Stylists do not recommend applying a lot of rhinestones to the nails, if the manicure is not wedding. Large rhinestones are used on 1-2 nails, small rhinestones are used in the smile zone, they can be used along the entire length.
Rhinestones and sparkles are applied to the finished manicure when the fixing coating is not dry.
What types of jacket are suitable for square and round nails
The following options are suitable for the round shape of the nails:
- classic round French manicure;
- with blue painting over the entire surface of the nail, except for the tip;
- with painting over the tip.
The following options are suitable for the square shape of the nails:
- square, straight;
Tips for creating the perfect home jacket
The blue jacket on the nails, as seen in the photo, can be beautifully made at home, if you follow the following tips from professionals:
- only fresh varnishes are suitable for blue French coat, providing an even and shiny coating – on the jacket with blue varnish, all coating defects are visible;
- the base base is suitable without a pronounced pink or red pigment (coffee with milk, vintage rose, peach);
- It’s worth starting with simple options, without complicated drawings;
- the base is applied in several layers;
- dots draw a line of color transition;
- stencils are applied only to a dry coating;
- it is undesirable to use too dark tones;
- if the blue varnish is transparent, it is applied to a white coating;
- To fix the result, a transparent coating or varnish with small flickering particles will help.
French in blue tones can be made in different techniques that do not require special skill. Fashion trends of the current season are blue in pastel shades and deep options, as in the photographs above.
Such a manicure looks transparent, resembling a veil, providing a free field for any experiments with textures, drawings, rhinestones and colors. And the technique of applying gel polish is the same as with ordinary manicure.
Blue French Video
Photo examples of blue jacket on nails: