Microdermabrasion or diamond peeling allows you to maintain a young and healthy appearance of the skin, as well as get rid of skin defects as a result of an illness or injury (acne marks, small wrinkles, pigmentation, etc.).
- Diamond face peeling (microdermabrasion) – what is it
- What is the difference between diamond microdermabrasion and dermabrasion
- Diamond-vacuum peeling: indications
- Benefits of Diamond Peeling
- Diamond Peeling: Pros and Cons
- How to conduct diamond peeling in the salon: step by step
- Diamond Peeling Price
- Recommendations for the recovery period
- Possible complications
- Is it possible to do diamond peeling at home
- Which device to buy for diamond peeling
- Where to buy a machine to do diamond peeling
- Why Pristine Diamond Peeling Is Good
- How many procedures are needed
- Is it possible to do diamond peeling in the summer
- Is it possible to do diamond peeling in spring
- Why you can not do diamond peeling during pregnancy
- Is diamond peeling suitable for young skin
- What does a face look like after diamond peeling. Before and after photos
- Videos about face peeling diamond
Diamond face peeling (microdermabrasion) – what is it
Diamond peeling is a method of hardware grinding of the skin on the face and body, for which cosmetologists use a special device with various nozzles coated with diamond crystals.
Depending on the type of skin and the nature of the problem, the specialist individually selects a nozzle, with its help he “removes” the upper layer of the epidermis, thereby stimulating active regeneration processes.
During the procedure, a vacuum massage is activated, activating the processes of blood circulation and metabolism. Diamond peeling allows you to completely cleanse the skin of the stratum corneum, which leads to the saturation of its cells with oxygen and stimulation of collagen and elastin production.
As a result, wrinkles and scars are smoothed out, pigmentation decreases or completely disappears, the pores are narrowed, the skin takes on a healthy color and a toned look.
What is the difference between diamond microdermabrasion and dermabrasion
The name of the procedure is “microdermabrasion” (diamond peeling), and, in fact, what this is known to many modern women. However, special attention should be paid to the fact that in the list of salon services you can find similar names, but do not confuse microdermabrasion and dermabrasion. They have fundamental differences, although a diamond-coated device is used for both.
Dermbrasia is recommended by cosmetologists in complex cases, for example, in the presence of deep scars and scars on the skin . This procedure is quite painful, it involves penetration into the deeper layers of the skin and their injury, therefore, requires a week of rehabilitation.
Microdermabrasion, in turn, is absolutely painless, the skin after it does not look damaged, so only 2-3 days are enough for rehabilitation.
Diamond-vacuum peeling: indications
Professional cosmetologists agree that diamond-vacuum peeling is effective at any age. Particular attention should be paid to this procedure for girls from 25 years old, since it is at this age that the first age-related changes begin to appear.
Timely and constant care with the help of abrasives from diamond chips allows you to keep your skin young and healthy for as long as possible. Indications for microdermabrasion include:
- acne and acne;
- enlarged pores;
- age-related pigmentation, freckles;
- small facial wrinkles;
- scars, bumps, scars on the skin;
- flabby skin condition;
- unhealthy complexion.
In addition, the procedure helps to get rid of ingrown hairs, signs of cellulite, post-natal striae and body scars.
Benefits of Diamond Peeling
Diamond-based peeling has several advantages over other methods of cleaning and rejuvenating the skin:
- The diamond particles used in the procedure are so small that the peeling is completely painless, and therefore does not require any kind of anesthesia.
- Exfoliated particles, dust are instantly absorbed by the device, so their ingress into the respiratory tract of a client or a cosmetologist is completely excluded.
- The apparatus for carrying out the procedure is equipped with many nozzles designed to solve various problems taking into account skin types, therefore diamond peeling is relevant for women of different age groups.
- Injury to the skin does not occur, therefore, the post-restoration period is as short as possible, after the procedure, the patient can return to normal life.
Diamond Peeling: Pros and Cons
Having an idea of diamond peeling, knowing well what it is, it is quite easy to weigh the pros and cons. The painlessness of the procedure, its effectiveness and a noticeable improvement in the skin immediately after the peeling session are weighty arguments in favor of microdermabrasion.
The minuses of diamond peeling can be attributed only to a relatively high cost and some prohibitions that will have to be followed the first days after it (limited sun exposure, taboo on contrasting procedures and high temperatures, physical activity).
How to conduct diamond peeling in the salon: step by step
At the initial consultation in the salon, the beautician examines the condition of the skin for the correct choice of nozzle, and also asks questions for collecting the required medical history. This allows you to initially identify possible contraindications and avoid unpleasant consequences. The procedure itself includes several steps:
- Skin preparation: cleaning with special tools, steaming for better pore opening, applying nourishing creams.
- Diamond peeling itself (what is it): face treatment with one or more nozzles.
- Application of the mask according to the type of skin.
- Apply a moisturizer.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Diamond Peeling Price
There is no fixed price for diamond peeling; The cost of one microdermabrasion session depends on the, the professional level of the clinic or salon, the brand of equipment used, as well as the nature of the problem to be fixed.
The price range for the service is quite wide, in New York for one session of diamond peeling you will have to pay about $ 41 , in other the cost is lower, on average from $ 14 – $ 34 for a session lasting 30-45 minutes.
Recommendations for the recovery period
After the procedure, cosmetologists recommend that you follow several rules within one to two weeks:
- Use moisturizers (serum and cream), while abandoning cosmetics with ethyl alcohol in the composition.
- Before going outside in the daytime, use sunscreens and avoid direct sunlight.
- The ban includes a bathhouse, a sauna, a solarium, as high
temperatures can trigger irritation.
- It is necessary to avoid physical exertion, leading to severe sweating.
- It is worthwhile to refrain from using decorative cosmetics that contribute to the contamination of pores (powder, blush, foundation).
Due to the gentle nature of the procedure, the risk of any complications is minimal. Having previously familiarized yourself with the technical features of diamond peeling, having a full understanding of what it is, unpleasant consequences are very easy to avoid.
They can only result in ignoring contraindications, low qualifications of the clinic or cosmetologist, as well as non-compliance with recommendations for the recovery period. In this case, skin irritation or redness may appear at the site of the procedure.
Is it possible to do diamond peeling at home
The original peeling procedure using diamond crystals is carried out in salons using special equipment, and for its competent implementation you need to have certain knowledge and skills.
However, devices for microdermabrasion at home are presented on the modern market. They are small in size, equipped with several nozzles and are very easy to use.
Such equipment is perfect for preventive procedures and allows you to constantly provide the skin with full care without going to the salon.
Which device to buy for diamond peeling
Beauty experts believe that timely skin cleansing is one of the most important components of care. Conventional scrubs and cleansers perform this function superficially, and mechanical peeling provides the deepest cleaning. To conduct microdermabrasion at home, you will need a special apparatus.
When choosing it, you must pay attention to the following points:
- The kit must have several diamond and vacuum nozzles for different skin types.
- It will be most comfortable to use the device with the ability to control the suction power, as well as the duration of the procedure.
- Check the availability of replacement filters in the kit or the possibility of their purchase.
- Be sure to have detailed operating instructions.
All the described requirements are fully consistent with the device of the French brand Gezatone , which allows you to make diamond peeling at home.
What is it: a portable device, with which there are 3 interchangeable nozzles with diamond chips for different skin types, as well as 3 vacuum nozzles of different sizes. The device is suitable for use on the face and body, provides the ability to adjust the suction power, has a timer.
Where to buy a machine to do diamond peeling
You can buy proven brands of diamond peeling machines at home in the following ways:
- in popular online stores (Amazon.com);
- in online stores with medical equipment and products (INVITRO, Beauty Constellation);
- in large chain stores and pharmacies.
Why Pristine Diamond Peeling Is Good
According to professional cosmetologists, one of the most effective devices for home use is an Israeli brand Pristine device.
Complete with it nozzles are provided not only for different types of skin, but also for hard to reach places. With it, you can achieve an effect similar to salon procedures: smoothing the skin, getting rid of age spots and scars, smoothing wrinkles, etc.
How many procedures are needed
A full course of diamond peeling can consist of 2 to 10 or more visits to the cosmetologist, carried out with an interval of two weeks. The number of sessions is determined individually, depending on the nature of the problems and skin features.
The averaged data looks like this:
- Elimination of irregularities on the skin, removal of black spots, getting rid of enlarged pores – 2-4 procedures.
- Smoothing facial wrinkles – 3-7 sessions.
- Removing freckles and age spots – 5-10 procedures.
- The general anti-aging effect is achieved in 5-8 sessions.
- Scars, scars, stretch marks can be removed after 10-12 procedures.
Is it possible to do diamond peeling in the summer
You can often hear that mechanical cleaning of the face is carried out only during the off-season period. Do not think that this is such an unshakable rule for diamond peeling.
Experienced cosmetologists believe that in the summer microdermabrasion can be done, and in some cases even necessary (for example, for owners of oily skin type, as well as for severe acne).
In this case, it is only important to take into account that after the diamond peeling procedure the skin becomes thinner and more vulnerable , therefore, direct sunlight can provoke burns and inflammatory processes. In this regard, after the peeling, it will be necessary to carefully follow all the recommendations of the cosmetologist, so as not to cause the mentioned complications.
Is it possible to do diamond peeling in spring
The spring period is recognized by cosmetologists as one of the most relevant for preventive diamond peeling, because it allows you to effectively remove the overgrown stratum corneum, smooth the skin texture and get a beautiful uniform tan in the summer.
The diamond peeling procedure is prohibited in some cases, these include:
- the presence of fresh damage to the skin (wounds, scratches, burns, including sun);
- neoplasms on the skin (warts, moles, etc.);
- infectious and viral diseases, high body temperature;
- period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- allergic rashes and skin irritations.
In addition, it is not recommended to carry out the procedure during menstruation, as well as with an exacerbation of any chronic pathology and poor health.
ot miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Why you can not do diamond peeling during pregnancy
During pregnancy, significant hormonal changes occur in a woman’s body. Given this factor, doctors and cosmetologists with confidence recommend abandoning mechanical salon procedures, which include diamond peeling.
The behavior of the body during this period and its reaction to certain external influences is unpredictable , therefore microdermabrasion can provoke undesirable consequences, for example, increased pigmentation, allergic reactions, inflammatory processes, etc.
Is diamond peeling suitable for young skin
Beauty experts unanimously agree that diamond peeling is not only suitable for young skin, but also shown, especially for acne, scarring, post-acne, etc.
Diamond peeling – what is it, there is no better way to find out than to try it on your own, because if you carry out this procedure for prevention, starting from a young age, the skin will retain a fresh, toned look for many years.
What does a face look like after diamond peeling. Before and after photos
Videos about face peeling diamond
What is a diamond face peeling in detail from an expert:
The better diamond peeling compared to dermobraziya: