Choosing an asymmetric haircut, a woman with short hair at the same time wants to get 3 advantages – it is advantageous to present the oval of the face, demonstrate the shine and strength of the hair and show others in a new look. At the same time, I want the haircut to retain its shape for a long time and even when hair regrowth allows interesting experiments with appearance to be performed.
- What is an asymmetric haircut
- Features of short hair cutting
- Asymmetry benefits
- Disadvantages of haircuts
- To whom a haircut is not suitable
- For round face
- For a triangular face
- For oval face
- For a square face
- Asymmetry for thick hair
- For thin hair
- Model with a short diagonal asymmetric bang
- Model with diagonal milled bangs
- Model with a long asymmetric bang
- Model without bangs
- Model with curls
- Asymmetric haircut with shaved temple
- Tomboy (“Tomboy”)
- Asymmetric Rhapsody
- Asymmetric Rack
- Graduated hairstyle
- For young girls
- For women 30-40 years old
- For women 50 and after
- How to care for asymmetry
- Hairdressing Tips
- Video about asymmetric short hair cuts
What is an asymmetric haircut
Asymmetric haircut came up with Vidal Sessun, the famous English stylist. Today, asymmetry is welcomed both as an element of a hairstyle (oblique bangs, styling on one side, single-sided highlighting or coloring), and as part of the image as a whole.
Such a haircut will never leave the catwalkss, because it is easy to perform, gives brightness to the owner and always leaves room for creativity.
Features of short hair cutting
Haircut asymmetry for short hair is loved by stylists for a number of positions:
- always rejuvenates a woman;
- gives the image freshness and dynamism;
- allows you to emphasize the dignity of the face;
- greatly facilitates hair care.
Short hair rarely splits – the reason for this is the frequent renewal of their ends. It is easier to apply masks, medical formulations on them, it is easier to color – not to mention the additional bonus in the form of savings on detergents and grooming systems.
Extremely rare are short hairs that are overdried by a hairdryer. Therefore, such haircuts always have a neat and well-groomed appearance, unless otherwise thought during styling.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Asymmetric haircut does not lose popularity for obvious reasons:
- thanks to the skillful handling of the instrument, the master places emphasis on the female face: with the help of asymmetry it is easy to emphasize the beauty of the eyes or lips, draw a look to the elegant neck, beautiful shape of the ear;
- asymmetry, in addition, equipped with elements of graduation, coloring, curling, always attracts the eyes of a woman, focusing on her attention;
- An asymmetric haircut made for short hair is difficult to spoil with an inept hand, since there is no uniformity in the execution technique. Therefore, the hairdresser’s punctures are invisible to others and vice versa – they can turn into a highlight of the hairstyle;
- such a haircut simplifies styling. Infinite invisibility, gum are a thing of the past. The time spent on preparing a presentable appearance is reduced.
Disadvantages of haircuts
Conditional disadvantages of an asymmetric short haircut:
- reduces the degree of pronounced femininity;
- limits styling options (you can not braid a braid, stab hair, make a tail);
- if you want to change your hairstyle, you have to wait a long time until the hair grows back;
- requires frequent updating, otherwise with the growth of strands, the contours of the haircut are blurred, the pile of hair begins to take on a sloppy appearance.
To whom a haircut is not suitable
The following factors will become obstacles to the realization of the desired Asymmetry for a short hair length:
- problem skin of the face. Short hair focuses on the specified area. With the tendency of the integument to redness, the presence of scars, spots, acne, all imperfections will be presented to others. This also applies to the color of tooth enamel, chipped teeth, etc. It is recommended to pre-perform nursing or hygiene procedures, then already demonstrate flawless skin with a short Asymmetry;
- excessive thinness. In combination with a short asymmetric haircut, the figure of a woman is more likely associated with the figure of a teenage boy. Sometimes a situation harms the structure of personal life, but this is a relative disadvantage;
- excessive completeness. Women with a large figure run the risk of upsetting by performing a short haircut. The head will begin to seem too small compared to the neck, shoulders and magnificent chest;
- blurry oval face . The outlined second chin or naturally smooth overflowing of the lower part of the face into the neck will seem to be disadvantages when choosing a short haircut, while long hair is ways to level out these features;
- an elongated face , a large nose also prohibit the use of the mentioned hairstyle options. Asymmetry will only strengthen these features;
- masculinity of facial features . A short haircut will multiply that impression.
For round face
To approximate the shape of the face to oval, it is worth choosing asymmetry “front-back”. Let the front strands remain elongated, reaching the maximum possible line (for example, to the clavicle), and the back of the head should be made shorter. It is also possible to correct facial features with a long slanting bangs.
For a triangular face
The features of a triangular face are imperfect, so it is important not to strengthen the existing imbalance, but try to mitigate it. Applying asymmetry in this case, do not get carried away by the hanging strands in front, make a thick heavy bang. Too short shaved nape will also serve poorly.
It requires soft transitions, barely noticeable, not conspicuous asymmetry: bangs laid on one side, uneven thinning strands.
For oval face
An oval face is considered ideal from the point of view of generally accepted proportions, therefore, its owners are allowed any experiments that do not harm the appearance.
It is permissible to shift the asymmetry back by making an ultra-short barbed bangs in a pixie haircut, or to shave the temple, leaving a pile of hair on the opposite side.
For a square face
This shape of the face requires softening the sharp outlines in the lower jaw. To smooth out the implied angularity, asymmetry with profiled strands, smooth transitions is welcomed.
It is imperative to avoid clear lines, straight cuts of strands. It is better that the curls lie slightly on the face in the area of the cheekbones, which visually rounds this area.
Asymmetry for thick hair
For a large group of women, thick hair is a matter of pride, which they grow, preferring to wear loose.
But if there is a desire to radically change the image, you need to cut your hair short taking into account some nuances: thick locks require careful milling, heavy curls need additional volume. Then the hairstyle acquires a beautiful look, and the head becomes easy.
For thin hair
Depleted, light and dry hair, in addition, easily electrified, it is difficult to grow, even contraindicated. Asymmetrically trimmed, they will give the image lightness, will acquire the desired volume. Short hair is undeniably easier to treat. An asymmetric haircut will hide the lack of splendor, hide the roughness of the face.
Model with a short diagonal asymmetric bang
A similar haircut is suitable for all types of faces, except for a triangular. Owners of curly hair should better avoid such a bang – without a straightener, it loses its shape, disappears from the face. It looks especially advantageous on dark hair. Perfectly complement Pixie and cascading hairstyles for short hair.
Model with diagonal milled bangs
Preferred for two opposite types of hair characteristics: thin and excessively heavy, thick.
In both cases, it will give the hairstyle lightness, in the latter case, the desired effect will enhance the coloring. Requires careful thinning.
Model with a long asymmetric bang
Haircut asymmetry for short hair, complemented by a long bang, is considered a good idea, looks good on all types of hair, except those that are quickly contaminated with sebum. Then the long bangs will make the whole hairstyle inaccurate.
Bangs starting from the crown are considered the undisputed dominant image. It looks harmonious, adds a number of options to the daily styling, making the woman changing, not boring.
Model without bangs
Asymmetry, devoid of bangs, is modeled in a unique way – by combing cut hair on a side part. Such a hairstyle is extremely difficult to wear, because the meaning of a short haircut with asymmetry is precisely the possibility of different grades of hair, including bangs.
Do not confuse a haircut without a bang and a haircut with a bang cut from the crown.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Model with curls
Curls can be done on straight hair, placing them on one side of the face. Thus, the asymmetry will increase as much as possible.
For curly and curly hair, a similar style is also considered acceptable, except that short bangs need to be avoided. Graphic, strict lines of asymmetry cannot be achieved, but in the curls of hair laid unevenly, there is its own charm.
A characteristic feature of the haircut is a cap on the top of the head. The duty of the stylist is to observe the length of the control strands. The softness of the carefully trimmed hair ends provides a simple and easy styling without the use of special tools.
With and without bangs, on straight and curly hair, with a raised head and a straightened, asymmetrical bean is considered the perfect haircut option for women of all ages.
The only drawback is the need for daily hair styling, a groomed hairstyle loses its shape and creates chaos on the head.
Pixie, out of the hands of a skilled craftsman, has no age limit. It is shown for thin hair: torn strands will add volume to the head, create an interesting texture. The simplest styling saves time. The hairstyle is demanding on the state of the head: an open forehead, ears and neck must be in excellent condition.
Like any graduated haircut, it requires daily styling, careful care, regular updates at the hairdresser.
Due to abrupt transitions, it is not recommended for women with a loose face – the contrast will enhance appearance defects. Dried hair or too greasy cascade will not stand.
A haircut is considered extremely difficult to perform, it requires a well-trained hairdresser, because the hairs are cut in perfect proportion. Asymmetric page short hair – a haircut is not for every woman. This is a model with a claim, loudly declaring itself. You can not wear an asymmetric page without makeup, a haircut requires a bright accompaniment.
Asymmetric haircut with shaved temple
This option of an asymmetric haircut will instantly turn the girl into a shocking and bright person. You can ask the wizard to shave the drawing. For those who are not ready for radical experiments, a haircut with a shaved temple and long bangs is suitable, and the hair on the temple does not have to be shaved to the very skin.
With a flick of the wrist, the bangs move to the shaved side and the degree of creativity is reduced.
A haircut is performed as a shortened Bob variant, suitable for women with thick hair. Designed to demonstrate mischief, youth, energy. It is considered anti-aging.
Styling is simple to the limit: apply wax on the palm of your hand, melt, ruffle your hair with your hands.
A haircut was developed for thin women of short stature. A feature is protruding locks on the background of other evenly cut hair, not to be confused with Cascade. Due to the layering, a basal volume is created, the hairstyle looks magnificent.
Step haircuts, in particular, Rhapsody, are torn, multi-layer hairstyles with protruding locks that were in demand in the disco era. Asymmetry will introduce an element of modernity into the indicated haircut.
Shortened Rhapsody with a long diagonal bang is relevant. Looks good on straight blond hair.
Four of a kind – another haircut from the category of ideal, suitable for women of any age and complexion . Model proposed by Sessun. Often performed with elongated bangs, which becomes part of the asymmetry. The most difficult thing for the master is to observe an impeccable gradient of strands so that the hairstyle retains the gloss and does not acquire excessive carelessness.
A graded haircut asymmetry for short hair is performed with a side parting. The master should not cut the crown too short – just the characteristic clipped locks will add sophistication to the image.
Preferred on straight hair. Easy to fit, quickly transforms both to create an image in a sports style, and for an evening holiday exit.
For young girls
Asymmetry, not burdened with formalism, will suit young girls. Stepped strands, obliquely clipped over the entire volume of the head, demonstrate boldness and willingness to experiment. She-wolf, Rhapsody, other graduated haircuts will reveal the full potential of youth.
For women 30-40 years old
At this age, a woman often has a stable job, creates a family, becomes a mother. Asymmetry during this period is preferred calmer, but interesting highlighting and significant differences in the length of the hair are still possible.
At this age, much is allowed: asymmetry with elements of Cascade, Tomboy, Page, Aurora and other stylish haircuts, which in a favorable light will present a wonderful image of a successful young woman.
For women 50 and after
Asymmetry perfectly rejuvenates, introduces youthfulness into the hair and is even recommended in adulthood. The main thing is not to cover your forehead with a long thick bang. For women over 50, stylists offer pixies with profiled bangs; asymmetric Bob and Kare are always appropriate.
Expressed wrinkles can be emphasized by hanging strands framing the face, so it is better to lay hair in waves or comb it from the face.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to care for asymmetry
Having decided on an asymmetric haircut, a woman assumes the obligation to care for short hair.
The principles of maintaining the lock on the head:
- regular use of styling products. Without them, it is difficult to maintain a haircut shape;
- the use of brushing during styling;
- a visit to the hairdresser at least once a month – one and a half to restore the hairstyle.
Having done graduated asymmetry or torn strands, you will have to use an iron. Therefore, hair will require care in the form of masks, balms and so on. In addition, you will need to wash your hair more often, because fat locks can no longer be hidden by wrapping curls in a roller or braiding a braid.
Stylists advise at least once in your life to try to make an asymmetric haircut, the length of the hair is not important. Asymmetry introduces a peppercorn into a familiar image, creates a feeling of lightness, looks young and dynamic. At the same time, daring to a bold model, it is recommended to remember – such a haircut needs styling. Therefore, saving on suitable funds will not work.
Short haircuts make it harder for individual women to choose a hat. This circumstance should also be taken into account. Meanwhile, the absence of a hat in cold or wet, dank weather will adversely affect the condition of the hair and overall health.
The last decisive argument is that short asymmetrical haircuts are more often preferred by women ons. Long-haired models walk on the catwalk, signing a contract prohibiting manipulation of hair. And in ordinary life, short hair has an advantage, allowing you to experiment more often and brighter.
Video about asymmetric short hair cuts
Creative short asymmetric haircuts:
Short haircuts for curly hair: