The system of physical exercises, meditation, harmonizing the mental state of a person, are combined in the totality of actions and philosophical principles of yoga. Yoga Challenge for two is one of the most popular currents of ancient teachings. It is necessary to engage in exercises, adhering to the recommendations and photos of the complex in order to bring maximum benefit to the body.
- What is yoga challenge
- Number of participants and interaction
- Health benefits
- Contraindications and possible harm
- What you need for classes
- Yoga Challenge for One Person: Poses
- Yoga Challenge for Two
- Exercise Examples for Three
- Yoga Challenge for Kids
- Importance of breathing
- Yoga Challenge Asanas Video
What is yoga challenge
The combination of classic Hatha Yoga, traditional Thai massage techniques, meditation and breathing techniques formed the Yoga Challenge. Such a system of knowledge implements the principle of “the wish of happiness to one’s neighbors, gives rise to all the happiness of the world; and all world suffering is generated by the wish of happiness only to one’s self. ”
Pair yoga is aimed at gaining confidence not only in your body and soul, but also in the inner world and the body of a partner. It’s important to know! Pair yoga is built on full trust and cooperation between the participants. Rivalry of the type “who is more flexible or stronger” is not allowed.
Number of participants and interaction
Yoga Challenge requires two participants, but you can do the exercises with the 3 of us. If a partner is busy, one can perform asanas to improve physical fitness. Asanas and photographs of special strengthening exercises for one person, two and 3 participants are performed according to certain rules.
Smooth, simultaneous movements of partners supporting each other’s stances form a harmony of unity between them, which distinguishes the yoga of trust from the traditional Indian technique of physical and spiritual development.
In the process of joint overcoming difficulties, personal qualities of participants grow and improve, new facets of their spiritual capabilities develop:
- There is a release from the energy blockade leading to physical illness.
- Improving human health.
- The mind gets rid of anxiety.
- The body with the mind is immersed in a state of harmony.
Partners, in the process of performing asanas, learn to trust and rely on each other. Thanks to joint efforts, the speed of mastering new positions increases and the technique of performing exercises improves. A close physical and emotional connection is formed between the participants. In group lessons, time is interesting and fun, communication and interaction skills between people develop.
Anyone can practice yoga of trust, people with different levels of physical development are able to perform asanas suitable for them. A classic couple for exercises consists of a man and a woman, mother and daughter, a child and a parent can also work together. People unfamiliar before in group classes calmly find a mate.
It’s important to know! Yoga Challenge allows you to create trusting relationships not only with your loved one. It allows you to establish good relationships with friends, learn to understand your children.
Yoga Challenge for two, photos of which demonstrate the technique of performing exercises, is training of strength of mind and body for both partners. The man and woman in the pose “Boat” preserved the moment of peace and joy of partners during the asana.
There are 2 aspects in practice – these are:
- physical, mastery of body control;
- spiritual, submission to the mind and gaining inner harmony.
Improving these interrelated skills allows you to climb the ladder of a person’s spiritual development.
The benefits to the body from training are as follows:
- With a systematic and disciplined exercise, body flexibility develops, and the ability of muscles and ligaments to stretch increases.
- The metabolic rate rises, providing a decrease in body weight and consolidation of this effect.
- Excellent posture is formed, curvature of the spinal column is corrected, spinal muscles develop.
- The development of arthrosis and osteoporosis is prevented, bone fragility is eliminated.
- The work of the heart, vascular and immune systems is normalized.
- The production of stress hormones is normalized.
- The vestibular apparatus and the ability to clearly control the body are developing.
The development of the mind and strengthening the psyche is ensured by:
- Mastering the technique of meditation, which allows you to control and manage pain.
- Achieving harmony within oneself.
- A feeling of true happiness and freedom.
- The knowledge of one’s own spiritual nature.
- Reducing stress and improving sleep.
Contraindications and possible harm
Diagnoses in which yoga is contraindicated:
- Mental disorders.
- Chronic diseases of the functional systems of the body.
- Various acute infections.
- Severe spinal injuries.
An untrained person should not take traumatic asanas.
When a sharp pain or worsening of well-being, yoga training should be stopped. Performing exercises, the trainee should not experience sharp pains. The load should be increased in stages to prevent injuries.
Advice! You should start exercising after eating only after two hours. After visiting the bath, postpone the start of classes for 4 hours. It is better to conduct classes in the morning.
What you need for classes
Yoga – a challenge for two, photos of which demonstrate the technique of performing exercises – trains willpower. The main condition for starting the development of confidence yoga is a mutual desire and a good mood. Before starting classes, you need to study the theoretical part together with your partner, or by contacting an instructor.
Clothing for classes should be comfortable, made from natural materials that provide air to the skin. Classes are held barefoot on gymnastic mats. For maximum immersion, you should choose calm music or sounds of wildlife.
Yoga Challenge for One Person: Poses
Asana is a “balanced stance” in which the body is in harmony with the mind. The ability, for a long time, to concentrate on maintaining the position of the body with fixing the consciousness on specific points of the body (chakras) is needed to perform meditation.
Asanas are the basis of all the following spiritual technique.
Advice! Before the start of the lesson, one should stretch oneself and warm the muscles of the body proper
ly. For this, in yoga there is a special complex of asanas. They are made separately. When performing asanas, one should concentrate on the body, relaxing, throwing out all troubling problems from the head, completely immersed during meditation.
Asanas need to be done smoothly and slowly, feeling your breath. Proper breathing helps to relax the muscles of the body, clarify the mind – this is the main secret of the effectiveness of these exercises.
The time to complete the exercises depends on the degree of preparedness of the student, should start from 20 seconds and seeks to increase the time to 1 minute. The maximum recommended retention time of asanas is 5 minutes.
- Pose “Mountain” (Tadasana). To stand on a rug with a straight back, shoulders are straightened, the press is tightened, the gaze is directed forward. The area of the feet is closely pressed to the surface of the mat, the weight of the person is evenly distributed over their outer part. In order to increase the complexity of the position, you need to rise on toes and stand, while maintaining balance.
- Pose “Tree” (Vrikshasana). From the position of the Asana asana, smoothly go to Vrikshasana, bend one leg at the knee joint, lift up along the opposite thigh, lean your heel in the groin area. To calmly raise your arms above your head, combine your hands with your palms. Stand with balance at the highest point. Do not bend your back, strain the abdominal press. Change legs and repeat the exercise.
- Pose of the “Triangle” (Trikonasana). The initial position – the legs are wider than the shoulder girdle, set the supporting foot at right angles to the axis of the body. Tilt the body to the side of the leg, which holds the weight of the body, place your palm on the floor or lower leg. Raise the second brush above the head, place the palms of two hands along the same line.
- The Side Angle Pose (Utthita parshvakonasana). From the “Triangle” pose, go to the next asana, bend the supporting lower limb in the knee joint to an angle close to the straight line, and straighten the other, leading back. A hand raised up should create an imaginary line with a straight leg.
- Pose of the “Warrior” (Virabhadrasana). Slowly move from the previous position to the new one, raising the supporting arm above the head and turning the torso towards the supporting leg. Hands raised above the crown, hands touching palms. The foot of the supporting leg is aligned along the axis of the body, the second foot is deployed 10 degrees.
- Pose “Reach the Foot” (Prasarita padottanasana). Put your legs a little wider than the shoulder girdle, turn the socks a little inward. On exhalation, tilt the body forward, the legs remain straight. Lean with your hands on the floor surface, along one imaginary line with your legs, try to reach with your head the floor plane in the area of the hands, in the lowest position. If there is insufficient muscle tension that does not allow the hands to reach the floor surface, grasp the shin with your palms.
- Pose “Stretch your back” (Uttanasana). From the “Reach the foot” asana, perform the following actions. To calmly connect the legs, the sternum touches the hips, hands as far as possible to take back behind the legs. Stomach press to tighten for deep breathing. Round your back.
- Pose “Dog face down” (Adho mukha schwanasana). We flow from position 7 to position 8. The palms rest on the floor surface, the feet are carefully pressed to the floor plane, but at the level of the shoulder girdle. It is necessary to maintain a right angle between the torso and legs. Bend in the back, neck relaxed.
- The closed angle pose (Baddha Konasana). This asana is similar to the Butterfly exercise. Take a position while sitting, knees bent, feet are reduced. Seek to relax the muscles and press the outer thigh against the floor.
- Pose of the “Hero” (Virasana). Stay sitting, buttocks rest on the surface of the heels. Put your palms together.
- Pose “Straight Staff” (Dundasana). Sit on the floor plane, lower your arms along the torso and rest your palms on the floor surface. Press the abdomen retracted, keep your back straight. Perform deep breathing.
- Pose “Heads to the Knee” (to Jan Shirshasan). Sit on the floor area, one leg is straightened, the other is bent at the knee joint, the heel rests against the groin. Make inclinations with the body forward, trying to touch the chin of the place behind the kneecap. Palms clasp a foot and pull the body on themselves.
- The pose “Head on your knees” (Pashimotasana). Sit on the training mat, fold forward, so that the sternum is pressed to the knees, and the nose to the lower leg. Hands reach forward.
- Pose “Corner in a sitting position” (Upavishta konasana). Stay on the floor area. Spread straight legs in different directions to the entire width possible. Keeping your back straight, you need to tilt the body and strive to reach with your palms to the toe of your feet.
- The pose of the “Sage” (Bharadwajasana). Sit on the floor, socks look forward, take two legs bent at the knees to the right to the buttocks. Turn the body to the left by 45 degrees. The straightened right hand lies on the left thigh, palm pressed to the floor surface. On the exhale, insert the left hand behind the back, the left palm captures the right forearm above the elbow joint. Turn your head to the right, eyes look in the direction of the right shoulder.
- The Pose of the Bridge (Setu Bandhasan). Lie on the floor plane. Raise the buttocks up, Do not bend the legs, with your hands support the body at the lower back.
- Pose “Inverted Lake” (Viparita Karani). To do the “Birch” stand, straight legs are brought together and directed vertically upwards, the back is bent, palms rest on the lumbar and support the pelvis.
- Pose of “Serenity” (Shavasana). Lie on a training mat. The body is relaxed, arms are slightly apart, legs are slightly apart. Focus on heaviness in the muscles of the body. On inspiration, imagine that energy rushes into the body and accumulates around the navel, while exhaling spreads throughout the body.
Yoga Challenge for Two
Pair yoga classes develop the body, strengthen health and relationships with your partner. Each couple should choose such poses that they can perform without straining and with pleasure. There are a large number of paired exercises, both for beginners and for masters of learning.
The main thing to learn this science should be gradually, slowly, complicating the intended goals, during each lesson. Yoga Challenge for two – photos of asanas show racks that you need to take when doing the exercises correctly.
Pose “Double breathing”. Companions take a position, sitting facing each other, then turn their backs. You need to relax and feel your body, concentrate on your breathing, and then on your partner’s breathing. The first participant takes a breath, the other exhales synchronously. Then the seque
nce changes. This position should be kept for 4 minutes.
- Pose “Twisting around a partner.” Companions sit in the lotus asana, cuddling their backs. You need to tune in to the breath of a companion. At the same time, as you exhale, together with your partner, reach for the top. Slowly, one of the participants turns to the right and places the right hand on the left knee of the companion, and puts the left hand with the palm on the right knee. The second partner changes the position of the mirror. The position is held for 4 respiratory cycles, slowly return to the original position and do the exercise in the opposite direction.
- Pose “Double dog face down.” Stand in front of the companion’s back, bend the body to both participants, maintain a right angle between the torso and legs, legs and arms remain straight. The front participant, in turn, slowly sets the feet on the lumbar of the companion. Hold the asana for 2-4 minutes. Return to the original rack, catch your breath. Companions swap places.
- Pose “Inverted Triangle.” The couple is in a position with their backs to each other. Set your feet about a foot wide. At the same time as the partner to make a pulling movement with his right hands to his left leg, palms rest against the floor surface behind the feet. Raise your straight left hands up, look at them and lock in. Hands should be placed along a straight line.
- Pose “Standing forward tilt.” To stand with one’s buttocks to each other and slowly lean forward, hug the companion’s arms with his shoulders, the partner repeats the movements synchronously, stay in this stance for 4 minutes
- The pose “The pose of the tree.” Partners stand side by side to each other, hold hands. Leaning on the brush of the stalls, transfer the body weight to the foot opposite to the companion, turning the other leg to the maximum to the side and bending it at the knee. The heel of the bent leg rest against the groin area. Hold asana for 4 minutes. Take a break and turn around.
- Pose “Tilt to the feet.” Stand back to back, snuggle tightly. Slowly bend forward, touch your feet with your hands and gently hug your companion by the knees.
- Pose “Dancing Shiva.” Stand in front of each other. Combine your own palms in a prayer gesture at chest level. Raise one leg, smoothly bend it at the knee joint and cross it with the bent leg of the partner, hold position 2-4 of the exhalation breath. Repeat the asana with the other leg.
Advice! When performing asanas, it is not allowed to talk with each other. This disrupts breathing and concentration. You need to control your emotional mood. Expression turns meditative efforts into hooliganism and pampering.
Exercise Examples for Three
Yoga Challenge positions for 3 people require a serious degree of physical readiness and a trusting relationship between the participants.
Positions for beginners:
- The first asana is done standing, all partners stand in a row. Raise the hands above the crown of the head, and hold each other. Bend the right leg in the knee joint and rest in the thigh in the groin area of the other lower limb, balance on one supporting leg, concentrating on breathing.
- The first partner rests on the floor surface with his hands, between the torso and lower legs to withstand an angle of 90 degrees. The second companion repeats the position of the first, only his feet do not rest on the floor surface, but in the lower back of the first participant. A prerequisite – the bodies of the participants must be bent at an angle of 90 degrees. The third participant takes a similar pose, the second partner serves as a support for him.
Advice! For yoga classes you need to bring a bottle of water with you. During training, there is a serious energy expenditure, and water helps maintain vigor.
Yoga Challenge for Kids
Experts say that children from 5 years old can start practicing pair yoga. The main condition for conducting an effective workout is to choose the right postures for classes.
Challenge for children has 3 goals:
- To unite parents and children to achieve one goal, which creates an excellent opportunity for spending time together and creating trusting relationships between participants.
- Generate children’s interest in yoga and physical activity in general.
- To promote the socialization of children, to identify for them new opportunities for interaction and communication between children of different ages.
Yoga Challenge for two. Photos of the racks demonstrate the correct position of the bodies of the participants when performing asanas.
Children’s paired asanas “yoga challenge”:
- Instructions for performing the double asana “Inverted Triangle” are given above, in the section of the Yoga Challenge for Two article.
- Asana “Back to back.” One partner sits on the surface of the floor, his legs are straight and stretched forward. Keep your back straight. An inclination is made forward to the stop of the sternum in the patella. Another participant slowly lay down with his shoulder blades on the partner’s back, arms open to the sides, legs do not bend. The body is stretched along one line.
- Asana “The Boat”. Children are sitting on the floor, feet are touching, back is straight. Raise legs from the floor, rest them in the feet of a partner. Companions hold hands and remain stable in this position.
- Asana “Sipping or double sandwich.” A pose for relaxation. Sit opposite, snuggle tightly in your feet. Hands grab the companion’s elbows and slowly reach, the head bends to the knees. Do not bend your legs.
- Asana “Heart”. Standing back to back, children hold hands. Bend your back, leaning forward. Seen from the side, it looks like a stylized image of a heart.
- Asana “The Temple of Two Hands.” Children stand opposite each other. Between partners there should be a distance equal to an outstretched arm. Raise your hands, connect them together with your palms. Slowly lean forward, partners’ hands glide over their shoulders. The back should be bent. The movement ends when touching the foreheads of the guys.
Trust yoga develops awareness among children of cohesion, responsibility, understanding skills and the ability to interact in a group.
Importance of breathing
The main factor in paired yoga training is uniform and proper breathing. Without focusing on breathing, workouts lose their meaning, becoming regular exercise.
< strong>First, in certain asanas, it is very difficult to jointly monitor the desired rhythm of breathing for partners. Over time, with the right exercise, you can learn to feel the inhalation and exhalation of not only your own, but also your companion. As a workout, you need to try to breathe in unison without performing postures.
Yoga – Challenge for two – a direct road to health and longevity. Classes will allow you to get rid of negative emotions, accumulated stress, will improve your mood and well-being, as well as please friends on social networks with unusual and original photos.
Yoga Challenge Asanas Video
Yoga for children: