Botox injections, also known as “beauty injections” are almost the most popular cosmetic procedure. Millions of women (and men) all over the world have resorted to it, knowing that it is absolutely safe. But there are a number of opinions and myths regarding the fact that after Botox you can’t do the usual things.
It scares many people and makes them change their minds to go to a specialist. But is there really cause for concern Does the procedure affect the subsequent quality of life
- How Botox injections work
- How is the procedure
- Botox injections in the summer
- Restrictions in the first hours after the procedure
- When bans end
- Ban on alcohol
- Why you can not visit the sauna and solarium
- Why you should not play sports
- Why you can not be in the sun
- Prohibition of dental procedures
- Why you can’t fly in an airplane
- What medications should not be taken
- What foods should be excluded from the diet in the early days
- Facial after Botox injections
- What can be done after the procedure
- Refusal of cosmetic procedures
- Video on the topic: what can and cannot be done after Botox injections
How Botox injections work
For the first time, US doctors began using Botox back in the 1970s. Then this procedure was of a slightly different nature. They resorted to injections solely on the recommendations of the attending physician. Patients were people with real health problems.
Botox was treated with strabismus, torticollis and other diseases. Only at the beginning of 2000, such injections began to be used in cosmetology without the appointment of a specialist.
The injected drug can be called differently. The “working” names of a substance are:
- Botox (Botox);
The basis of all is the substance Butulinotoxin type A. Each manufacturer uses its own methods of cleansing products and excipients. Hence the difference in the final composition of the substance that is used for injection.
But, despite the differences, the basic principle of action remains unchanged: through an injection, an effect on the muscles occurs. Neuromuscular connections are blocked, because of which they cease to contract, are at rest. As a result, facial wrinkles are completely smoothed out.
How is the procedure
Firstly, the procedure can be carried out only after prior consultation with a cosmetologist. On it, the specialist will study the patient’s request in detail and voice possible solutions to the problem. Also, at the patient’s appointment, a personal card is started, in which the whole history and procedures will be described in detail.
Before you start an injection, you need to calculate the amount of the drug. Botox has its own unit of measure – units.
The approximate amount of the drug needed to treat a certain area of the face:
- Horizontal folds on the forehead: 10-30 units.
- Crease in the interbrow space: 10-25 units.
- The area called the “crow’s feet”: 5-15 units.
- Wrinkles over the upper lip: 2-4 units.
- Corners of the mouth: 4-6 units.
The average approximate indicators are given. Specific volumes are determined by a specialist based on patient data.
Stages of the procedure:
- Disinfection . The entire surface of the face is pre-treated with a special antiseptic.
- Anesthesia. It is used exclusively at the request of the client. For this procedure, local anesthesia is used. The areas where the drug will be administered are treated with a special cream, gel.
- An injection. For him, the doctor uses a special syringe and needles, a thickness of not more than 0/32 inch.
- At the end of the session, the skin is again treated with an antiseptic and a cooling agent, in order to dull any painful sensations.
The whole process, as a rule, takes about 5-10 minutes. At the end, a description of the procedure and the drug used is entered in the client’s card. This name, batch number, expiration date. After Botox, you can’t do certain things, but it’s also important to pay attention to the fact that there are prescriptions before the procedure.
- At least 3 days before the procedure, antibiotics should not be taken. And also avoid taking medications that interfere with blood coagulation.
- For 1-2 days, you should stop drinking alcohol.
- Before the procedure, it is undesirable to engage in physical activity. Intensive house cleaning is also prohibited.
Also, before the procedure at the treatment center, the patient must be tested for contraindications, including an allergy to the drug.
Such recommendations should be voiced by a specialist at the first consultation.
Botox injections in the summer
Summer is the time for vacations and a golden tan. Many representatives of the fair sex, about to conquer hot countries, are preparing “in full”, without losing sight of any cosmetic procedure. Botox injections including.
Experts unanimously say that summer is almost the best time for injection. But in order for the result to exceed even the highest expectations, you should carefully approach the procedure. However, such advice is valid at any time of the year.
The main advantage of botulinum therapy in the summer is an even tan. In the sun, even the darkest goggles do not eliminate the “work” of facial expressions. People frown, and often on the face there are stripes at the bend of the skin (forehead, nasolabial folds, fold of the eyebrow space). To avoid this, it is worth taking an injection before leaving for hot countries.
However, you should not appoint a cosmetologist a few hours before departure.
It is recommended to carry out the procedure at least a month before the start of the hot season. This time is enough for the drug to evenly distribute, freeze and begin to perform its functions.
Restrictions in the first hours after the procedure
Once the procedure is completed, the following restrictions take effect:
- it is forbidden to lie, sleep, take a horizontal position in the first 4-5 hours;
- it is undesirable to once again touch the injection site;
- Do not use makeup;
- Do not tilt your head down for 2 days;
- you can’t drink on alcohol;
- it is forbidden to take medicines that affect blood coagulation;
- a trip to the sauna, bathhouse can be planned no earlier than in 10 days;
- trips to the solarium, to the beach and a long pastime in the h
eat under the influence of hot air are also excluded;
- airplane flights are prohibited;
- no sport and other physical. load;
- control (if possible minimize) the amount of fluid you drink.
When bans end
It is important to understand that not all bans hold the same amount of time. For example, flying on a plane is allowed after 2-3 weeks. But you can be painted after 1-2 days. This is due to the fact that a favorable outcome of the procedure depends not only on the experience of the master and the quality of the drug used.
It takes time to evenly distribute the product. To do this, it is necessary to exclude any negative impact both from the inside and from the outside. On average, all restrictions end 3-4 weeks after injections.
Ban on alcohol
After the injection (as well as a few days before) you can not actively drink on alcohol . The fact is that alcohol is the cause of the development of acid imbalance in the body. Also under its influence, the expansion of blood vessels occurs. A similar state of the body can entail the ingress of a foreign substance (in this case, butulotoxin) into the blood.
It is worth taking into account that the drug in the first few days is not frozen, it is still distributed among the treated areas. Therefore, the risk of getting into the vessels takes place after 2-3 days at the end of the procedure.
However, some experts do not recommend too much focus on this point. They believe that it is perfectly acceptable to drink a strong drink in a small volume. For example, a glass of dry red wine the next day will not cause undesirable reactions . However, this issue is better to discuss immediately before the injection, in consultation with a cosmetologist.
Why you can not visit the sauna and solarium
A visit to the sauna also provokes profuse sweating and excretion of the resulting substances. In addition, a long stay in a place with high temperature (the same applies to a solarium) helps to accelerate the blood circulation.
This in turn can affect the uneven distribution of the drug and its entry into unplanned areas. You can visit the sauna and solarium after 10 days.
Why you should not play sports
Sports activities provide an increased load not only on the muscles, but also on the body as a whole.
During training, there is an “acceleration” of metabolic processes. Together with sweat, not only toxins are removed from the body, but also other substances obtained.
After getting into the muscle, an unnecessary amount of the drug is naturally excreted.
Additional “stimulation” can lead to the fact that the entire composition can leave the body, nullifying all the work of the cosmetologist that was done earlier. You can start training after 3-4 weeks.
Why you can not be in the sun
After the Botox injection procedure, pastime in direct sunlight is also excluded. At first, you can’t sunbathe, as sunbathing (as in the case of a bathtub and a solarium) can lead to an unplanned distribution of the product and its entry into undesirable places.
In addition, a tan determines a long lying position, which is highly not recommended after the procedure. You can bask in the sun after 7-10 days.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Prohibition of dental procedures
A trip to the dentist is characterized by 2 points:
- long stay with head bowed;
- an injection of painkillers.
After Botox, you cannot plan an appointment with the dentist, since the composition of anesthesia can adversely affect botulinum toxin. Teeth can be treated no earlier than after 14-20 days.
Why you can’t fly in an airplane
Firstly, any flight is stress for the body. Like, in fact, a Botox injection, which, despite the safety and painlessness of the procedure, is an atypical condition for the body, and therefore – stress.
Additional pressure and emotional tension can lead to vasodilation and a rush of blood. Therefore, it is worth taking tickets for a flight no earlier than 3-5 days.
What medications should not be taken
As in the case of preparing for the procedure, and after it, you can not abuse drugs. Pills can provoke undesirable reactions, the most harmless of which is the absence of any result after the injection. The interaction of Botox with a certain group of drugs can cause the development of paralysis.
- antiarrhythmic drugs (alkaloid quinidine);
- tetracycline antibiotics;
- magnesium sulfate;
- antibiotics included in the group of lincosamides and polymyxins.
Intramuscular injections of vitamins B1 and B2 should also be avoided.
After the procedure, the specialist should list the list of prohibited drugs. You should be attentive to the list and if there is an urgent need – be sure to consult a doctor.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
What foods should be excluded from the diet in the early days
In the early days, you should also slightly review your diet and limit your intake:
- liquids, including soups;
- hot dishes;
- food that promotes the active retention or elimination of fluid visas;
- salt and salty foods;
- very spicy food;
- large food, which involves the active work of the jaw. It is recommended to eat small pieces.
Facial after Botox injections
As mentioned earlier, it is not recommended to touch the face a lot and use decorative cosmetics in the early days.
er Botox, you can not do facial massage in the first 3-5 days. Distribution of the composition may be accompanied by unwanted edema.
1-2 days after the injection, it is allowed to use a cooling mask to improve the condition of the skin . It is advisable to use fabric masks, as they provide the most gentle contact with the skin surface. You can also use your favorite folk method – walk through the swelling with an ice cube.
A few recommendations for facial skin care after Botox injections:
What can be done after the procedure
Botox injections do not mean that you can forget about daily care. It should, as before, take care of the skin, but cosmetics (especially in the early days) should be as gentle as possible.
- All stages of care (cleansing, moisturizing, toning) should occur with mild means, without the use of cosmetic brushes;
- It should be washed with summer, cool water;
- In order to “invigorate” the skin and even out the complexion, one does not need to resort to a contrast shower. It is enough to use your favorite folk method – to wipe your face with a cube of ice.
Refusal of cosmetic procedures
The first time after “beauty injections” the following procedures are contraindicated:
- Rigid cleansing of the skin with coarse products (peeling based on stones or containing large granules).
- Go to beauty salons for various skin care treatments.
- Chemical or laser peeling. You can use the service in 14-30 days. In no case should you resort to the independent conduct of this procedure!
- Injections with other drugs (hyalouranic acid, fillers).
- Mesotherapy, biorevitalization.
- Ultrasound and other procedures of this type of exposure.
After Botox, you can not neglect the recommendations and you can not close your eyes to the prohibitions. Botulinum therapy, although a fairly simple procedure, does not exempt from the implementation of a number of recommendations.
The client’s face is not only the responsibility of the doctor, but also the client himself.
The beautician is responsible for what happens in the office. What can happen outside its walls is controlled exclusively by the person himself.
Video on the topic: what can and cannot be done after Botox injections
What can not be done after Botox: recommendations of specialists: