Total body fitness is a whole range of sports training aimed at combating extra pounds. The main thing in the complex is that strength exercises affect the whole body and include all muscle groups in the work.
- What is Total Body Fitness
- Features and rules of Total Body training
- What results can be achieved from regular classes
- Who is fit for Total Body classes
- Disadvantages of Total Body
- Contraindications to classes
- A set of exercises for beginners
- A set of weighted exercises
- Total Body Workouts with Inventory
- How long is the training
- Music as a factor increasing the effectiveness of training
- Tips from professionals: how to ke ep the results from training Total Body Fitness
- Video: Total Body Fitness
What is Total Body Fitness
Total Body – a type of training, which is characterized by high energy intensity of classes aimed at developing strength, body flexibility and endurance. Highly effective strength training helps to improve the condition of individual muscle groups and at the same time give a load to the whole body.
During Total Body Fitness classes:
- carefully worked out the muscles of the buttocks and legs, the press;
- excess calories are actively burned;
- posture improves;
- relief forms loom;
- the body is strengthened and good physical condition is maintained.
Classes are always accompanied by musical compositions that set the rhythm of movements. Strength training consists of a variety of techniques and approaches to performing exercises. The entire load on the body corresponds to the sports training of a person, which will be determined by a specialist – a fitness instructor.
To improve the effect of burning calories in Total Body Fitness training, use:
- shock absorbers;
- tools to smoothly increase the load and more quickly get the desired effect.
Features and rules of Total Body training
Depending on the physical preparation of a person, training can take place both in a group and individually. The main feature of the Total Body Fitness classes is that the exercise complexes work for the result: fat burns out, but muscle mass remains.
The main rule is the alternation of exercise modes, which can be:
Regular training visits will help:
- to lose weight;
- saturate the body with oxygen;
- improve the performance of the cardiovascular system;
- make the body embossed and beautiful;
- to be not only slim and healthy, but also calm, balanced.
The result of classes will be especially useful if in the complex:
- implement the right diet and drink;
- monitor the emotional stress of the body;
- enter daily air walks into your schedule;
- observe the regularity of attending classes;
- set aside time to relax.
In order to avoid injuries and consequences, training is carried out under the guidance of a trainer, especially when working with sports equipment. For classes you must have comfortable sports shoes and clothing.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
What results can be achieved from regular classes
Total Body fitness (what it is described above, and what results can be achieved below) is a type of sports activity, the results of which are manifested with each training session.
The combination of strength and aerobic types of exercises give a good result:
- Muscle corset is strengthened.
- Fats are noticeably burned and metabolic processes of the body are activated.
- Cardio loads train the heart muscle, endurance develops.
- Improves oxygen saturation of cells.
- The work of the nervous system is stabilized.
- The abdominal press is formed.
- Improved posture and flexibility of the spine
- Muscles become embossed.
- The figure becomes slim, fit.
- Metabolism is normalized.
The first changes are visible after a week of regular classes (3 times a week). There is a feeling of lightness, grace and confidence. A pronounced result becomes after a month of training and lasts a long time.
If a person has been engaged for 1 year and quit training, then the result remains for 3-6 months, depending on the individual characteristics of the body.
Who is fit for Total Body classes
Classes are suitable for almost everyone, regardless of sports training, if there are no medical contraindications. Total Body Fitness – a program aimed at total change.
A huge number of subspecies of modern fitness allows everyone to choose the feasible training:
- Functional training is a set of everyday exercises aimed at developing endurance, flexibility and speed. The meaning of a new stage in fitness is to teach a person the correct movements in everyday life. It is easy to get up and sit down, jump over a puddle, carry the child in your arms correctly, and make inclines when working in the country.
- Step aerobics is a gentle set of exercises for joints and cardio load. This type of fitness helps to maintain a healthy weight, develop stamina and increase bone density.
- Strength training with a fitball is designed for older people with injuries to the ankle joints or suffering from varicose veins and obesity. This type of fitness has a reduced load on the lower limbs.
Total Body fitness and all its directions provide a good result, which is important when doing this sport. Having tuned in to the program, I always want to train.
Disadvantages of Total Body
The main disadvantage of Total Body classes is the lack of professionalism of a trainer. A new and modern type of training requires special attention when working with clients individually. The incompetence of a trainer can become a health problem for those wishing to practice this sport.
Therefore, choosing a training room, you should learn in detail about the professionalism of the instructor of the lead lesson, specify the program of exercises and contraindications. Properly selected set of exercises is the key to a high result.
Contraindications to classes
Contraindications to classes has Total Body.
You should not engage in training with high intensit
y for people with such diseases:
- Arterial hypertension.
- Diseases of the heart and vascular system.
- Diseases of the spine and joints.
- Injuries and the postoperative period.
- Viral infections with fever.
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory system.
- Gynecological diseases.
- Neurological disorders.
Among the classes of Total Body there are always alternative options to strengthen and restore the body. All loads are negotiated with the instructor and the most gentle, but effective sets of exercises and programs are selected.
A set of exercises for beginners
Before starting Total Body training, it is first of all necessary to assess the physical capabilities and condition of the body. Fitness for beginners has its own list of recommendations and rules that will help a beginner avoid mistakes and injuries.
The main program should always include:
- training for the heart (walking, running);
- strength exercises (using sports equipment);
- exercises for flexibility.
The best starting exercises for beginners are:
- Muscle stretching. Position: feet shoulder width apart. Perform head tilts to the right, left, back, forward to the count of 30. Approach 2 times with a break.
- Pushups from the floor . To take the push-up position, you should lie on the floor, put your hands shoulder width apart and keep your body in a horizontal position. The main thing is not to bend your back and not stick out your butt. Slowly lower the body to 0’8 inch from the floor and, wringing out your hands, straighten your elbows. For a more simplified option, you can start classes by pushing up from your knees or against the wall. Perform 10 reps. The number of approaches is 4.
- Strap. The classic options for beginners is to exercise a static bar with emphasis on the forearm. Take emphasis, lying on your elbows. Legs shoulder width apart, knees straighten, back straight. Perform 3 sets of 30 s.
- Raising the legs while lying down. Lie with your back on the floor, put your legs together, pull the socks forward, and put your hands along the body with your palms down. Raise the legs up perpendicular to the floor, hold for 2 seconds and lower the floor without touching the floor. Repeat exercise 8 times. The number of approaches is 5.
- Swing feet. Take a position lying on your side. Take your upper leg high up and hold for a couple of seconds. Return to starting position. Perform 10 times on each side in 3 sets.
The main thing in the classes is a positive attitude, the right choice of the starting program and a competent instructor.
A set of weighted exercises
To achieve a perfectly pumped body, you should increase the effectiveness of training, giving preference to a set of strength exercises.
You can make standard exercises harder if:
- increase the number of repetitions of exercises;
- reduce rest between training blocks;
- add a number of approaches;
- combine some exercises into a complex;
- increase the duration of cardio load;
- introduce into the complex exercises with weighting agents.
Total Body Fitness (what it was said above) is a universal set of exercises that allows you to perform, in addition to standard aerobic exercises, power complexes with weighting materials.
Common weighting materials:
- The most common weighting agents for Total Body are bracelets weighing from 1 -11 pounds. They are put on hands and feet before doing exercises;
- The weight belt is a less popular fitness device, but it perfectly develops the body’s stamina;
- Bracelets and belts with sand – bulk models that are effective for hiking. For beginners, a weighting belt weighing up to 4 pounds is suitable.
The complex of weighted exercises includes:
- Raising your hands in front of you . Fix weight bracelets to your hands. Become straight, turn your shoulders, lower your arms. When you inhale, raise your hands in front of you and do the scissors exercises, counting to 20. Raising your arms above your head, do the scissors again. Slowly through the sides, lower the extended arms parallel to the body. Perform 2 sets of 15 times.
- Swing hips. Become sideways to a chair. Rest with your hand, and bend your other hand at the elbow and put on your hip. The supporting leg is placed on the side of the chair. Straighten the second leg and keep it in front of you. Lower and set aside. Change legs. Perform 20 times in 5 sets.
- Mixing and raising legs. Take a position lying on your side. Bend the lower arm at the elbow and rest your head. Bend the upper leg at the knee and lay on the floor. Raise and lower the lower leg. Change the side of the starting position and work with the other leg.
- Exercises for the waist . Take a position – the main stance, legs wider than shoulders. Draw in the stomach and do not relax. Bend your right hand at the elbow and put on the waist. Counting to 10, pull the left hand up as high as possible, the score is up to 10. Change the hand and perform the exercise 15 times in 2 sets.
Press. Lie on the mat and rest your elbows. The legs are bent at the knees and slightly raised from the floor. Strain your abdomen, and bend your
legs and pull them to your chest. Return to starting position, but do not put feet on the floor. Do 3 sets of 15 times
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Total Body Workouts with Inventory
Total Body Fitness – what kind of loads this is and what strength exercises you can perform, the instructor will explain. Aerobic and strength training is carried out under the supervision of an experienced professional to avoid injuries.
For classes Total Body uses such sports equipment:
- medical balls (medbol);
- large balls (fitball);
- gymnastic sticks (body-bars);
- platform step
It is possible to work out all the muscles of the body, learn the technique of execution, adjust the load and get the maximum effect from the training if you use sports equipment correctly.
Exercises with sports equipment:
- Bodybar Exercise. Modern sports equipment helps to strengthen posture and adjust the figure. Take a position – feet shoulder width apart, back straight. Bodybar weight, which the trainer recommends, put on the shoulders and grab the palms at the ends. Inhale – squat, try to keep your knees at 90 ?. Exhale – rise. Repeat 30 times in 2 sets.
- Exercise with a medball helps to develop balance. Medball is a round weighting device in the form of a ball. Its weight can be from 2 pounds to 44 pounds. To take a position is the main stance. Bend your left leg at the knee, and take medball in your hands. Extend your right leg back, and arms forward. Stand in this position for a couple of seconds and return to the starting position. Perform the exercise 10-15 times, alternating legs. The number of approaches is 2.
- Fitball exercises help strengthen the muscle corset and improve coordination. To do this, take the ball corresponding to the growth. Feet rest against the wall, and hips lie on the fitball. Hands to lock in the lock behind the head or cross on the chest. Lower and raise the housing, returning to its original position. Perform the exercise 15 times in 4 sets.
Mahi weight. Put your feet shoulder-width apart, grab a weight with both hands, lean forward and place it between your legs. Keep your back straight. Make a swing to the shoulder and tilt again. Repeat the exercise 15 times, the number of approaches is 3.
- Lunges with dumbbells. Exercise should be performed slowly so as not to injure the knee. Take a dumbbell in your hands and in the semi-squat position, put your left leg forward, and take your right leg back. Keep your knee on weight. Perform lunges alternately, changing stance. It is important to keep balance and a flat back. Perform 15 times, the number of approaches – 3.
How long is the training
Total Body Fitness is a workout for all muscle groups. The alternation of exercises of different strength shows that the result is a correctly calculated duration of the load.
The interval training method consists in repeating exercises after a certain time and the main principles of such training are:
- load and rest is duplicated up to 10 times;
- rest time is equal to load time;
- the duration of the exercise is 5-10 minutes;
- heart rate – 50% of the maximum rate;
- during training, always adhere to individual loads and the recommendations of the instructor.
Training blocks give your muscles maximum load. The calorie burning rate cannot be high if the workout is short. The minimum duration of classes should be 50-60 minutes, not more. The last 5 minutes go to restore breathing and holding stretch marks.
Music as a factor increasing the effectiveness of training
Music for sports is a matter of taste. Exercising to music and difficult exercises are easy. For different types of training, different musical accompaniment is used. Its main function is to create a favorable atmosphere and motivation to achieve performance.
Properly selected music invigorates, speeds up the heartbeat, helps deliver oxygen to the muscles, improves the performance of the set results. A correctly selected musical genre for endurance training increases this indicator to 10-15%.
For endurance training, genres with a fast pace are suitable:
- Hard rock;
Strength training goes well under the composition with a repeating rhythm:
- Hard rock;
- electronic dance music;
- electric house;
A block of exercises with low activity is good to perform to calm music without vocal accompaniment.
The following genres are suitable for these exercises:
- soft rock;
- indie rock.
The cardio training block is maximally effective if performed with musical accompaniment with a powerful and fast rhythm in style:
- electronic dance music;
- heavy metal genre.
Music sets the rhythm, helps to start, maintains speed and switches the body to effective work. It helps to focus on the result of training and various training zones require their own rhythm.
Tips from professionals: how to ke
ep the results from training Total Body Fitness
Total Body Fitness (what it is and the features of the exercises were described above) allows you to maintain muscle mass for a long period of time. The result of fitness classes is quick and lasts a long time, but the cessation of training leads to its loss in 3-4 months.
Changing the quality of physical activity, lifestyle, nutrition, can also cause a decrease in muscle mass.
The longer a person trained, the longer the volume and shape of the muscles remained.
You can save the result from training if:
- Eat a healthy diet. Protein foods, vegetables, and fruits benefit.
- Drink plenty of clean, non-carbonated water, and give preference to low-calorie drinks and herbal teas.
- Change the training mode – this is a step to consolidate the result. To support the muscular form, perform stretching exercises at home. Resting from power systems, you should do stretching. Stretching muscles, body, development of flexibility will extend the result of past workouts.
- A complete rejection of physical activity is unacceptable. Effective support for maintaining muscle volume will be walking, running, cycling, skating, skiing or jumping rope. Lesson time is minimal, but sufficient to support the form.
- Strengthen the result by taking the vitamin complex, especially in the transition period winter-spring.
The accumulated mass and terrain without the support of physical exertion will gradually change, so Total Body Fitness will help to maintain attractiveness.
The fact that this set of training will help to change not only the body, but also the worldview is a fact. It is suitable for people who strive for excellence, promoting health.
Video: Total Body Fitness
A full course of fitness training for girls at home:
Interval training Total Body: