The causes of exfoliating nails in adults and children can be both external (ecology, quality of products used in the diet, etc.) and internal factors signaling the general condition of the human body.
- Main reasons
- Diseases, infections
- Nervous overload
- Unbalanced diet
- Lack of fluid in the body
- Mistakes in the choice of cosmetics
- Nail plate injury
- The influence of household chemicals
- Causes of exfoliating nails in children
- Recommended pharmacy products
- Healing mud
- Nail Wax
- Healing varnishes
- Cosmetical tools
- Effective Multivitamins
- Menu correction
- Folk remedies
- Compresses – “thimbles”
- Beautician Tips
The appearance of the nail is an indicator of human health. If the nails on the hands are folded, this is a sure sign that you need to be more attentive to your health, or to review some habits.
Any disease or infection that the body’s immune system could not cope on its own is reflected not only on the skin, but also on the nails.
Exfoliated fingernails indicate diseases such as:
- Onychomycosis (fungus) is a common infectious disease that leads to brittleness, destruction, stratification and deformation of the nail plate.
- Parohinia – an infectious disease that affects not only the nail, but near the nail space, contributes to strong stratification.
- Psoriasis, eczema, lichen – there are many causes of these ailments, but in most cases they affect not only the skin, but also the nails.
- Anemia is an iron deficiency in the body that provokes deformation and brittle nails.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys and liver do not allow the beneficial substances to be absorbed from food, thereby worsening the nutrition of nails.
- Diseases of the endocrine system, when such a malfunction appears in the body, the redistribution of vitamins and minerals in the body changes, and all useful substances are sent primarily to the maintenance of vital organs, bypassing the nails.
- Any chronic diseases in the active stage lead to depletion of the body and exfoliation of the nails.
Most of the diseases listed above are serious and need to be consulted by a doctor. The prescribed treatment is combined with care for exfoliating nails, which is done at home, so that the result is not long in coming.
Regular mood swings, lack of appetite, decreased immunity. Food is poorly absorbed, and with it microelements – all this can cause delamination of the nails on the hands.
At home, the best thing that can be done is to try to observe the daily routine and sleep for at least 8 hours. This time is enough for the body to recover and relax. You can also drink the entire group of vitamins B, they help the body overcome stress.
Vitamin deficiency is a deficiency of vitamins in the body caused by an improper diet, poor digestibility of trace elements or a chronic disease. One of the first signs of this deficiency is brittle and exfoliated nails. In this case, experts advise, get a good balanced vitamin complex.
A balanced diet is the key to a healthy body. If the food is not rich enough in proteins, carbohydrates and fats, this can lead to a lack of substances that form a healthy nail plate.
It is necessary to enrich the diet with products containing such substances as:
- Retinol (A) – carrots, pumpkins, apricots, parsley and all red berries. Whole milk, butter, cheese, cream, liver, egg yolk and fresh sea fish.
- Niacin (PP) – peanuts, sunflower seeds, mushrooms, sesame seeds. Chicken, turkey, rabbit and beef liver meat.
- Tocopherol (E) – most types of vegetable oils (sunflower, corn, olive, sesame, almond and wheat germ). Sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, cedar, peanuts, olives, spinach, avocado, eggs and salmon.
- Calciferol (D) – fatty fish (salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, halibut), cod liver, butter, whole milk, seafood.
- Calcium (Ca) – cheese, butter, sour cream, whole milk, cottage cheese. Green vegetables.
- Ascorbic acid (C) – dried rosehip, cabbage (white, colored, red), bell pepper, potatoes, strawberries, grapefruit, orange, mandarin, kiwi, black currant, sea buckthorn.
- Vitamin B group (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7) – potatoes, tomatoes, apples, currants, plums. Oat, buckwheat, millet, cottage cheese, eggs, meat and fresh fish.
- Silicon – beans, peas, asparagus, sesame, corn, broccoli, avocado, strawberries, melon, pineapple, unpolished rice, oatmeal, barley groats and millet.
Lack of fluid in the body
The lack of moisture in the human body affects the health of nails. With a moisture deficit, nails lose their healthy shine, exfoliate and become brittle.
To restore water balance, you must drink at least 3 – 4 pint of clean water per day.
The body of a pregnant woman gives the “lion’s share” of protein, calcium and potassium to build muscle and bone tissue of the unborn baby. Mom lacks these substances, and her nails become fragile, exfoliate and turn yellow.
In this case, a nutrition adjustment is necessary in favor of dairy products and fresh vegetables. And the right care for the folded fingernails, which mom will do at home to stay beautiful.
Mistakes in the choice of cosmetics
The regular use of nail polish, gel polish, gel or acrylic nail extensions often cause exfoliating nails. These coatings are worn for a long time from a week to a month, not giving the nails access to oxygen. Need to take breaks. Use quality materials for manicure.
e the manicure, do not use products with acetone and toluene, which aggressively affect the nail plate.
It is not always possible to understand whether the coating is suitable until it is applied to the nails. When removing, it is worth paying attention to the condition of the nails, if they are stratified and become thinner, it is better to abandon the subsequent colored manicure and make a medical coating.
Nail plate injury
Bruising, squeezing, scrapping and dissection, is not the whole list of how to damage the nail. Subsequently, hematoma may form and it will take a long time to restore the nail platinum. The adult’s nail is updated on average within 6 months.
The influence of household chemicals
The use of aggressive detergents for cleaning negatively affects the condition of the nails, contributing to their exfoliation and yellowing.
As an alternative, you can use detergents labeled Bio, they use gentle active substances, and they delicately affect nails. But it is better to always use rubber gloves.
Causes of exfoliating nails in children
Exfoliation of nails in children is not less common than in an adult, only in this case it is necessary to analyze the baby’s lifestyle, diet and habits.
The most common causes of nail problems in children are as follows:
- Vitamin deficiency and anemia – the stratification of the nails of both hands, indicates a lack of vitamins and minerals necessary for the body. Changing the diet and enriching the diet with dairy products, fruits, vegetables, cereals and fresh fish will help.
- Fungus – if the nails on the whole hand flake, it can be a fungus that the child could become infected in the pool or public transport. The best solution is to consult a dermatologist.
- Mechanical trauma – any severe bruise can affect a child’s fragile nail. In this case, you need to wait until the nail grows and recovers.
- Mental disorder – a child bites his nails or sucks his fingers. This disorder is neurotic in nature, it is characterized by poor sleep, tearfulness and isolation of the baby.
It is necessary to build a trusting relationship with the child, and find out what worries him, tell him about his understanding and support. To teach you how to deal with difficult and stressful situations. Then it will be possible to begin weaning from this bad habit.
Recommended pharmacy products
When exfoliating nails, pharmacies offer vitamin complexes and mono-vitamins of foreign and domestic manufacturers, strengthening enamels and varnishes, nourishing creams and oils, various types of salts and preparations for healing the fungus.
Therapeutic muds are peat, silt and hay.
Before use, the dirt must be heated in a water bath or microwave.
- Peat – have a pronounced bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect. Applications on the hands and nails, have a good effect on the nails in the treatment of bending and other infectious and inflammatory diseases.
- Silt – contains algal deposits, rich in iron and mineral salts. Effectively used in the additional treatment of nails with anemia, vitamin deficiency and for recovery after pregnancy.
- Sopochnye – a discharge of mud volcanoes, rich in iodine and bromine. Well suited for the treatment of nails with eczema, dermatitis, injuries and help with diseases of a nervous nature.
A procedure called “nail sealing” successfully fights with delamination and brittle nails.
Wax fills small cracks in the nails, restoring and giving a healthy sheen to the surface.
For polishing, you will need wax and a polishing file.
The stages of the procedure are as follows:
- Make a manicure: remove the cuticle, file nails.
- Polish the surface of the nails with a polishing or suede file.
- Coat the nail surface and periungual area with wax. Hold for 5-10 minutes.
- Rub the wax into the nails with a polishing file.
- At the end of the procedure, dip your hands for 1-1.5 minutes in cold water, allowing the wax to harden and grab onto the surface of the nail.
The most common and convenient tool for the care of hands and nails is cream. It is important to choose the right cream, taking into account the desired result – therapeutic or prophylactic.
Creams from exfoliation are of different actions:
- Moisturizing – well suited in the warm season, with dry hands and a nail plate.
- Nourishing – suitable for the cold season, has a nourishing effect by softening the hands, cuticles and filling microcracks on the nails.
- Water-repellent-protective is the best tool for the winter season, for people who have frequent contact with water, it will also be useful for spending a lot of time on. It neutralizes the destructive effect of cold, water and aggressive environmental influences on nails, preventing them from exfoliating.
- Restorative – has a rather oily texture, has healing substances in its composition. Such as allantoin, lanolin and wax. Seals nails, giving them a healthy shine and elasticity.
- Firming – used for age-related changes in the nails and skin of the hands. Softens and smoothes the skin, increases the elasticity of nails. Often contains collagen and keratin, which strengthens the nail platinum.
It is important to choose the right cream, taking into account the desired result:
- Mavala Nailactan – repairs damaged 1320? Nails.
- Belweder for nails and cuticles – compacts the nail plate, combats brittleness.
- Nuxe for hands and nails – nutrition, hydration and active regeneration. From 1100?
- Green Mama nails and cuticle – firming with chitosan and seaweed. From 200?
- Planeta Organica cream for strengthening nails and softening cuticles – with macadamia nut oil. From 100?
- Neutrjgena cream – care for hands and nails. It has a protective effect in the cold season. From 260?
- Dr. Sea – multivitamin cream. Contains vitamins B, C, E. Nourishes and moisturizes nails and skin. From 260?
To cure exfoliating nails at home, you need to purchase an effective therapeutic varnish. The variety of brands offered can make selection difficult.
But there are the most popular and proven brands:
- Clever enamel is a professional therapeutic series of cosmetics for the care of problematic nails. In addition to treatment, all varnishes contribute to the rapid growth of nail platinum. From 120?
- Eveline – effective Polish drugs, at a reasonable price. They have excellent reviews from customers. From 150?
- Sally Hansen – high-quality varnishes, which include only safe components. They have in their spectrum remedies for any imperfections in nails. From 290?.
- Trind – well established in this line, a preparation for fragility of nails. Quickly restores exfoliated nail plate. From 320?
- ORLI is a popular brand, actively used by manicurists in beauty salons, for the treatment of nails. From 390?.
- IBX – a medical complex consisting of two varnishes, often used to treat and strengthen nails in beauty salons. Nails are leveled and strong. From 1700?
- Oflomil, Loceryl, Batrafen – the most effective drugs in the fight against nail fungus. They treat the largest number of types of fungi, but long-term use of 6 to 12 months is necessary. From 890?
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Most cosmetic products for nails are available in the format of varnish or pencil. An agent for intensive treatment, a gel with penetrating effects, moisturizing serum, a pencil to strengthen the structure – this is not a complete list of the panacea for exfoliation on the market.
Cosmetics for exfoliating nails:
- Malava Scientifique is a firming, penetrating effect. Prevents delamination, treats soft nails. From 750?
- Kiss Broadway Nail Hardner – a tool for strengthening weak nails. From 300?
- Orly Nailtrition – for exfoliating and brittle nails. Moisturizes, restores water balance. From 590?
- OPI Sensitive and Peeling Nail Envy – for sensitive and exfoliating nails. Composition without formaldehyde. From 970?
- Frenchi G3 is an acrylic based regenerator. The drug for the regeneration, restoration of brittle nails. From 300?
- La Ric – firming pencil for nails. Restorative and firming composition, with oils and vitamin E. From 1000?.
- Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener – a formula with peptides and amino acids, to protect against delamination and cracking. From 360?
Strengthen nails from the inside, prevent brittleness and delamination, a high-quality multivitamin complex of directed action will help.
Effective proven complexes are:
- AlfaVit Cosmetics – high-quality and very rich composition, 12 vitamins and 13 trace elements. From 460?.
- Complivit Shine – the best version of the American production. They contain 11 vitamins. From 310?
- Dopelherz beauty for strengthening nails – the British complex, with a convenient reception, once a day. From 450?
- Vitrum Beauty – Supplements – contains amino acids, improves the structure of nails. From 840?
- Perfectil is a complex for improving the condition of nails, hair and skin. From 450?
- Pentavit is a budget option for people with vitamin B deficiency. From 120?.
- Solgar Skin, hair and nails – excellent composition, the drug is available in dark glass. Suitable for vegetarians. From 1600?
Refusal from excessive consumption of fried, smoked and salty foods in favor of dishes with minimal heat treatment, in which there are more nutrients, will positively affect the health of nails. Fresh sea fish, seafood are the best products for this purpose.
And products containing calcium such as hard cheese, cottage cheese, butter, milk (fat content not less than 2.5%) will strengthen and increase the elasticity of the nail plate. Eating seasonal fruits, vegetables and berries will also help to improve your health.
Many popular methods pass from mouth to mouth, again and again proving their effectiveness.
When stratifying nails, there are also time-tested useful formulations:
- Recipe number 1. Grate the eggshell, and eat one teaspoon per day. Efficiency will increase if you take fish oil with shell.
- Recipe number 2. Apply nail platinum 3% iodine solution once a week will be enough.
- Recipe number 3. Trays of yogurt for nails are very useful. Preheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, and lower your fingers there for a quarter of an hour. After the procedure, rinse your hands with warm water.
- Recipe number 4. Mix baby cream with red pepper in a ratio of 4 to 1. The resulting mixture, heat in a water bath, and apply on the nails, hold for 15 minutes. Repeat no more than 1 time per month.
When the nails on the hands are folded, many people think that mak
ing baths at home is most useful, pleasant and simple. Having most of the ingredients on hand at home you can spend time pleasantly and with a pose.
The main thing is not to forget a few rules:
- it is necessary to remove the coating from the nails;
- before the bath, do not trim manicure so as not to damage the skin;
- water should be warm 36-40 degrees.
Baths can be made with sea salt, honey, oil, gelatin, soda, glycerin, red wine, milk, herbs, iodine and vitamins A and E.
Almost all of these ingredients are combined with each other.
The most nutritious oils for the nail plate, they can simply be rubbed into the nail, or you can add cream or wax, enriching the basic composition. In addition to fatty oils, some essential oils will be useful, but they are not used in their pure form (except tea tree oil), but a few drops are added to the bath, cream or wax.
Base Fatty Oils:
- Apricot and Shea Butter.
Bergamot, thyme, ylang-ylang, myrrh, cedar, rosemary, sandalwood, tea tree (can be applied in its pure form, disinfects and is useful in the treatment of fungus).
Compresses – “thimbles”
To folk recipes can be attributed compresses – “thimbles” of natural beeswax, which should be used before bedtime.
What do we have to do:
- in the beeswax melted in a water bath, the lower phalanges of the fingers are immersed;
- letting the resulting “thimbles” dry, you must leave them overnight;
- remove wax in the morning.
It is enough to do a compress once a week.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
- Periodically do self-massage of hands, stimulating blood circulation.
- Use high-quality manicure scissors that cut rather than break the nail plate.
- Do not use metal files, preferably glass, if the nails are strong, then you can use sand and sapphire type files.
- Saw nails in one direction, from edge to center.
- Do not use acetone remover.
When the nails on the hands are folded, you need to remember what you can do at home. Restoring nails, an integrated approach is effective, combining external care with the internal effects of proper nutrition or drugs.
Useful video on the prevention and treatment of stratification of fingernails
Video clip on strengthening nails at home