Proper care of curls provides them with health and beauty. Effective procedures, including masks for strengthening hair, can be performed at home using natural ingredients.
Essential oils, decoctions, infusions of herbs, vitamin complexes will help restore the hair structure, strengthen them and give a beautiful appearance.
- Rules and recommendations for the care of weak hair
- Firming masks for dry hair
- Masks for strengthening oily hair
- Masks for strengthening hair mixed type
- Onion juice mask to strengthen hair roots
- Natural oils for strengthening and hair growth
- Egg Yolk Masks
- Bee honey for hair beauty
- Strengthening hair with kefir, sour cream and yogurt
- Fruit and vegetable masks
- Masks with cognac and beer
- Gelatin mask for strengthening hair
Rules and recommendations for the care of weak hair
Professional stylists say that curls need constant care, and at the same time it must be performed taking into account the following recommendations:
- Weakened curls need to be washed no more than 2-3 times a week, this will save them shine and density.
- It is better to use the shampoo that meets the requirements of the hair, and also has strengthening and healing properties.
- Massaging movements during shampooing enhance blood circulation, which provides additional growth of curls.
- It is better to wash the weakened hair with cool water, boiling water negatively affects the skin and can provoke the loss of curls.
- It is necessary to naturally dry the hair, if you need a hair dryer, then it is recommended to use it for a short time, so as not to overdry the already weakened curls.
- It is better to choose a wooden comb, which will provide additional head massage.
- Several times a week it is necessary to make healthy masks that will help strengthen the hair, make them more dense and shiny.
Firming masks for dry hair
Dry curls require special care. If they become brittle, they must be strengthened using natural ingredients: bananas, sprouted wheat, cognac and burdock root.
The use of any recipe is as follows: the hair is soaked in the resulting mass, it is recommended to cover the head with a bag and a scarf, after 30 minutes the mask is washed off with shampoo.
Banana mask : banana, yolk, honey product (1 small tablespoons), sour cream (2 large tablespoons).
With sprouted wheat : 1 large tablespoons of chopped sprouted wheat, 3 large tablespoons of cream and 1 small tablespoons of lemon juice.
With burdock root . First you need to prepare a decoction: 1 large tablespoon of the dry root of the plant is mixed with 8,45 fluid ounce of boiling water and heated for 7 minutes, then filtered and cooled. 6 large tablespoons of the prepared broth are combined with 1 large tablespoons of cognac and 4 large tablespoons of onion juice.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Masks for strengthening oily hair
For oily curls, experts recommend using such natural ingredients: chicken yolk, cognac, mustard, green parsley and a honey product.
They not only heal the hair, but also remove excess grease.
The exposure time is 40-60 minutes, the head must be wrapped up, it is recommended to wash off the mixture with warm water and shampoo.
- 1 yolk is mixed with cognac, lemon juice and carrots in the amount of 1 large tablespoons of each product.
- Raspberries, strawberries, cherries (optional) are mixed with 1 large tablespoons of honey or vegetable oil.
- Mix 1 large tablespoons of vodka, 1 yolk, 1 large tablespoons of aloe juice. After applying the mask, ringlets need to be rinsed with a decoction of chamomile or nettle.
Masks for strengthening hair mixed type
When the hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends, you should carefully select the components for a firming mask. At home, you can use products such as flax seeds, honey, medicinal herbs, aloe juice.
The procedure is best done 30 minutes before shampooing, while it is recommended to wrap your head at this time.
Herbal mask . Mix 0.5 tablespoon of dry marshmallow roots and nettle leaves, flax seeds with a glass of boiling water, let the mixture brew for 1 hour.
With honey and aloe . 2 large tablespoons of honey to combine with the juice of 1 lemon and 2 large tablespoons of aloe juice, if the mass is thick, then you can dilute it with a small amount of clean water.
Egg mask . Separate the yolk and protein of 2 eggs. Beat the protein and grease the hair roots with it, and the ends with the yolk. You can use the whole egg: beat it well and apply on curls.
Onion juice mask to strengthen hair roots
For hair, experts advise using onions. This product strengthens the roots, makes the curls thicker, stimulates their growth, moisturizes and nourishes the skin. The mask in question is recommended for all types of curls, make it after 2 days for 2 months.
The only drawback of such a tool is an unpleasant smell. However, you can easily get rid of it if you rinse your curls with cool water ( 0,3 gallon) mixed with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (1 large spoon) after the procedure. In addition, the mask should be kept no more than 40 minutes and it is recommended to apply it only on the root zone.
Recipes of a firming onion hair mask for cooking at home:
- 1 large onion is crushed with a blender or grater, squeeze the juice through cheesecloth (it is necessary to filter it so that it does not contain particles of the product). The prepared juice is rubbed into clean and dry skin of the head, wrap. After 40 minutes, wash off with acidified water. To onions, you can add decoctions of medicinal plants (sage, nettle, burdock) in the amount of 1 large spoon
- In the prepared onion juice, add a little warmed sea buckthorn (burdock) oil and honey (1 small spoonful). Use the mask as in the previous recipe. Experts recommend applying a good balm after removing the mask, mixed with a few drops of any essential oil.
- 2 large tablespoons of dry yeast are combined with 1 small tablespoons of liquid honey and left to swell. Then add 2 large tablespoons of oil (burdock or olive) and 4 large tablespoons of onion juice, all mix well. The mask flows quite strongly, so it is recommended to keep it under the film and the scarf.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Natural oils for strengthening and hair growth
For hair, experts recommend using the following oils: burdock, castor, sea buckthorn, olive, mustard, almond, peach, jojoba. Each product has its own characteristics, so you need to use it strictly according to the recipe, so as not to harm the curls.
Burdock oil . It is rich in vitamins, mineral salts, proteins and acids.
Application: the product in a heated form (37–38 C) is rubbed first into the roots, and then distributed over the entire length, insulate the head for 1 hour, rinse with shampoo. To enhance the action, the considered drug is recommended to be combined with honey products, pepper tincture, mustard in a 1: 1 ratio.
Castor oil . It has strengthening properties, in addition, it stimulates the growth of curls. Use the product both independently and as part of masks. Before use, it is recommended to warm the oil a little, apply it only to the root zone, wrap your head for 1 hour, then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Integrated tool: 0.5 tablespoon. heat kefir, mix with 1 small tablespoons of oil, usd the mixture into the roots of the head for 30 minutes.
Mustard oil . Suitable for oily curls, as it normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands. In addition, it prevents hair loss, stimulates their growth. 1 large tablespoons of the product are mixed with 2 large tablespoons of your favorite balm, smeared with the resulting mass of the root zone, wrap your head with polyethylene and a scarf for half an hour, rinse with shampoo.
This product combines well with essential oils: tea tree, ylang-ylang, rosemary, lavender, mint, eucalyptus.
Jojoba oil . It is rich in vitamin E – a natural antioxidant – which has a rejuvenating effect. Recommended for all types of curls. The oil is first heated, then the root zone is lubricated with it, and then distributed along the entire length. Head wrapped for 1.5 hours, rinse with shampoo.
The product in question combines well with other oils: olive, burdock, almond (combine products 1: 1).
Sea buckthorn oil . It is rich in vitamins, amino acids, incorporates carotenoids, phytosterols, phospholipids. Use the product in a small amount (2 tablespoon are enough) in a warm form.
Rub the product into the root zone, wrap the head for 1.5 hours, rinse with a mild shampoo. Experts recommend the oil in question to be mixed with liquid vitamins A and E (2 large tablespoons of the product 2 drops of vitamin).
Egg Yolk Masks
Egg yolk is rich in vitamins of groups B, A and E, it contains beta-carotene, macro- and microelements. This product heals curls, strengthens, activates their growth, they become soft and obedient.
Masks for strengthening hair at home:
- To nourish curls and skin: mix the yolk, 2 large tablespoons of honey and a small onion, grated on a fine grater. Duration: 1 hour
- For dry: 2 yolks are mixed with burdock oil and arnica oil (2 tablespoon). Exposure time: 40 min.
- For fatty: the yolk is mixed with 2 large tablespoons of water and 0.5 small tablespoons of camphor oil. Action Time: 5 minutes
- For normal: 2 yolks are mixed with 40 g of cognac diluted with water (1: 1). Exposure time: 20 min.
The mask is applied to clean curls, first on the root zone, then on the remaining length, the head is wrapped. Wash off the product with shampoo.
Bee honey for hair beauty
Masks based on honey are considered the most effective in the treatment of weakened curls. The product in question is rich in vitamins, elements, amino acids. Since honey products are allergens, they are not recommended for allergy sufferers.
Firming mask . In a deep dish (not metal), combine 1 large tablespoons of liquid honey, 1 small tablespoons of propolis tincture (alcohol), 2 tablets of mummy and 1 yolk. Grease the roots with the main part of the mass, distribute the rest along the entire length, wrap the head for 30–40 minutes, rinse with non-hot water.
For the growth of curls . Combine warm burdock oil, honey (liquid consistency) and mustard powder in equal amounts. Lubricate the roots, wrap your head for 15-20 minutes. If the product will burn strongly, it is recommended to wash it off before this time, and put less mustard in subsequent times.
Mask with pepper tincture . 2 large tablespoons of honey product, 2 large tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 large tablespoons of pepper. Apply to roots, wrap head for 30 minutes. If the product burns strongly, wash it off before the specified time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Strengthening hair with kefir, sour cream and yogurt
Sour-milk products (kefir, sour cream, yogurt) provide care for dry and brittle curls. Cosmetic products based on them nourish the hair, and also create a protective film on them, protecting it from the negative influence of external factors.
- Stir the fermented milk product (3 large tablespoons), olive oil (1 large tablespoons) and 1 chicken yolk.
- Beat 6,76 fluid ounce of kefir (yogurt) with 1 egg.
- Connect 0.5 tablespoon. fermented milk product, 1 small tablespoon of honey and 20 g of fresh yeast, let it brew until the yeast “plays”.
- Stir the yolks of 2 eggs with 2 large tablespoons of sour cream.
When applying any of these masks, it must be remembered that the exposure time is 30-40 minutes, the head is wrapped with polyethylene and a scarf, and the mixture is washed off with shampoo.
Fruit and vegetable masks
Fruits and vegetables are sources of vitamins, macro- and microelements, amino acids, which allows them to be used to improve weakened curls. Experts recommend consuming these products not only as food, but also making various masks on their basis.
The most popular products at the same time are: lemon, apples, kiwi, banana, cabbage, carrots and others.
Lemon, apple, kiwi : 2 large tablespoons of the juice of these components, 2 large tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 large tablespoons of mayonnaise. First, the roots are treated, the exposure time is 20 minutes, then usd the mass into the skin and leave for another 5 minutes, rinse with shampoo.
Lemon and cranberry . 3 large tablespoons of cranberry juice, 2 large tablespoons of lemon juice, 5 large tablespoons of olive oil – mix, slightly warm. Leave on the roots for 10 minutes, then massage the skin and rinse.
Cabbage and starch . Cook and chop 2 sheets of cabbage until puree, add 2 large tablespoons of starch and 1 small tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mixture on curls, hold for 30 minutes, rinse.
Masks with cognac and beer
Alcoholic beverages – cognac and beer – are widely used to enhance hair growth. The alcohol in their composition irritates the skin of the head, increasing blood flow, providing nutrition and improving metabolic processes.
Cognac solves such problems as dandruff, excessive greasiness, improves the overall health of curls:
- 1 part alcoholic beverage, 4 parts onion juice, 6 parts decoction of burdock roots: filter onion juice, add the remaining ingredients. Apply the mass as a hair dye – to the roots with a brush, then massage the skin, wrap the head with polyethylene and a scarf. If the curls are fat / normal, the exposure time is 1 hour, for dry 30 minutes. Wash off the product first with water, and then with an acidified solution (with lemon or apple cider vinegar) to remove the smell of onions.
- 2 large tablespoons of cognac, 1 large tablespoons of ground coffee, 1 egg: beat the egg, add the remaining components. The locks are impregnated with the resulting mass, then they are wrapped in a head for 1 hour, washed off without additional funds.
Beer is also used for weakened hair; the following masks can be made on its basis:
- 200 g of rye bread is poured into 0,3 gallon of drink, insisted for 2 hours. The resulting mass is applied first to the root zone, then distributed over the entire length, head wrapped for 40 minutes. Wash off without additional funds.
- Beer and a fermented milk drink (0.5 tablespoon. Each) are mixed, applied over the entire length, the head is wrapped with a film and a scarf, left for 30 minutes, washed off only with water.
Gelatin mask for strengthening hair
Gelatin contains a lot of protein, amino acids, collagen and various elements, so this product is used to strengthen hair. The effect of such a mask can be compared with the lamination of curls : they are characterized by smoothness and shine.
At the same time, experts do not recommend using the drug in question often: it makes curls heavier and can provoke their loss. To avoid this, it is enough to do 8-10 procedures per season.
At home, a gelatin mask for strengthening and hair growth is done as follows:
- Mix 1 large tablespoon of dry gelatin with 3 large tablespoons of water and allow to swell (40 min), then heat the mixture over low heat to a uniform consistency.
- In a warm solution, put 3 tablespoon of a good balm and beaten yolk, then 1 small spoonful of colorless henna and mustard powder.
- Use the mass on clean, damp curls, wrap your head for 30 minutes, rinse with shampoo.
In order for your hair to be healthy, you need to not only wash it, but periodically indulge in masks with natural ingredients: honey, onion juice, fruits, various oils and other products. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the type of curls, so that they are only useful.
Video about how to prepare masks for strengthening hair:
Video about masks for strengthening hair at home: