Protein food is an important condition of the proper nutrition system, as it is necessary for healthy, developed muscles and strong bones. Protein (protein), unlike carbohydrates and fat, does not accumulate in the body, so you need to take care of its sufficient intake with food. The following is a list of the most protein-rich foods, their calorie content and consumption rate.
- Functions and the role of protein in the body
- Protein function
- The norm of protein in the daily diet
- Calculation Examples
- Causes, symptoms of lack and excess protein in the body
- Symptoms of Protein Lack
- List of protein products of animal origin, the amount of protein in them
- Table of Plant Protein Products
- List of the most protein-rich foods
- Protein products for gaining muscle mass in combination with training
- Protein products for weight loss
- Slimming diets
- Common Protein Diets
- Dr. Ducan’s diet ration
- Haley Pomeroy Diet
- Atkins Diet
- Protein-rich recipes
- First meal
- Second courses
- When you should not abuse protein and the consequences of excessive consumption
- The danger of excess protein
- Video on the topic: protein food, product list
Functions and the role of protein in the body
Protein is the building block for shaping the human body. The state of all cellular systems and vital functions of the body depends on its quantity.
In the human body, decay processes constantly occur. Protein, falling into the digestive tract, breaks down into “bricks” of amino acids (lysine, methionine, valine, tryptophan and others), and they are already used by the body for cellular construction by fasting. It acts as the basis for the construction of cells, including blood cells, antibodies and hormones.
Due to the fact that a person does not produce this substance during the life process, you should worry about the fact that every day the menu contains protein products.
Protein food, the list of products will be given below, can completely restore order in the body.
Functions of protein in human organs:
- Muscle fibers and cells. It is the construction basis for cells, which ensures normal development in childhood and adolescence, and also ensures fetal growth during pregnancy. Protein is essential for athletes, as it provides muscle building, and helps the accelerated recovery of damaged muscles.
- Metabolic processes. Enzymes responsible for the processes of digestibility and absorption of nutrients also have a protein structure.
- Hormones. The pituitary gland produces hormones that are built from protein, and play a significant role in the general condition of the body, blood sugar levels, secondary sexual characteristics and mood.
- Circulatory system. Proteins provide unimpeded transportation of vitamins and nutrients to the most remote corners of the body. Also, the protein opens up the access of oxygen, carbohydrates, chemical elements and drugs to the cells.
- The immune system. Protein allows tissues to have their own characteristic structure. If the structure is modified, then new unchanged ones are automatically added. This is immunity, which provides powerful protection for health from the effects of negative external factors.
An important factor is that after entering the body, proteins are not stored in extra pounds, and are not converted into energy. These substances work as amino acid reducing agents for damaged organs and systems.
The norm of protein in the daily diet
There is a simple form of calculating your daily protein intake. This is a multiplication of body weight by a certain coefficient, which varies depending on physical activity and health.
On average, the recommended dose of protein is 0.8 g / 2 pounds of body weight per day. Vegetarians and the elderly require a slightly larger dosage – 1-1.1 g / 2 pounds of weight due to the low digestibility of vegetable protein.
For a woman weighing 154 pounds. 0.8 g / pounds * 154 pounds = 56 g of substance.
Note. If the girl is in a state of pregnancy, but the daily dose of protein intake should be increased by 1.5 times, since the substance is necessary not only for the mother, but also for the fetus developing inside her.
For a man, a vegetarian with a body weight of 176 pounds. 1.1g / pounds * 176 pounds = 88 g.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Causes, symptoms of lack and excess protein in the body
Protein food (the list of products will be described in detail below) should be present in the diet of each person every day, since a lack of protein is a pathology that adversely affects the general state of health.
Causes of protein deficiency:
- Deficiency (primary) – appears with a lack of substance use with food. It is observed in countries with a low standard of living, as well as among people who refused meat for various beliefs.
- Secondary deficiency – caused by internal diseases: narrowing of the esophagus tube, ulcer, atrophy of the gastrointestinal tract, metabolic failures.
- The predominant catabolism is a situation where the processes of decay prevail over the processes of synthesis. It is observed with burns of large percentages of the skin, oncology, serious injuries and other diseases.
Symptoms of Protein Lack
Deficiency of this substance may not manifest clinically, only affect excessive prolonged lethargy, fatigue and decreased performance.
- weakness of the body;
- muscle tremors and impaired coordination;
- headaches, insomnia;
- tearfulness, irritability, causeless anxiety;
- pallor and dry skin, rash;
- swelling first on the legs, and then on the hands and face;
- unevenness of the nail plates and hair loss;
- delayed wound healing;
- decrease in useful muscle mass;
- interruptions in the work of the heart: arrhythmia, tachycardia.
List of protein products of animal origin, the amount of protein in them
The effect of animal protein on human health and life is still being studied.
List of the most abundant animal protein foods (produc
t weight, g / protein fraction, g):
- Gelatin powder (100/85) – and is almost pure protein.
- Eggs ( 100/12 ) – in this dietary product all the substances necessary for a person are collected together: protein, enzymes, vitamins D, A, B and other substances. Eggs are leaders in terms of nutrient content and digestibility. For lovers of raw yolk: for disinfection, sprinkle it with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Dairy products. Cottage cheese (100/18, depending on% fat), different types of cheeses (100 / 24-27), cow’s milk (100 / 4.3), condensed milk, cream in powder and any sour-milk derivatives. An exception to consumption can only be lactose intolerance and allergies. Only in processed cheeses does the protein fraction decrease significantly due to exposure to high temperatures in the production process.
- Meat products. Beef and turkey (100/20), lamb and chicken (100 / 19.8), horse meat and veal (100 / 19.7), rabbit meat (100 / 21.1). The leader is natural ham (100 / 22.6).
- Seafood. Pink and chum salmon (100/22), red caviar (100 / 31.6), pollock roe (100 / 28.5).
Table of Plant Protein Products
Protein food (the list of products is attached) can be exclusively vegetable.
|Name of plant product||Protein fraction, g / 100 g of product|
|Dried Pumpkin Seeds||30.2|
|Fried sunflower seeds||20|
|Dried Basil and Tarragon||to 22.8|
List of the most protein-rich foods
Protein food, the list of products can be somewhat supplemented, provides a normal process of life and well-being.
List of the most protein-rich foods:
- Beef steak. It is also useful for the almost complete absence of carbohydrates and fats in the composition. That is why beef is prescribed for athletes and losing weight people.
- Chicken fillet. This is a diet menu, especially the sternum, as there is practically no fat in it.
- Rabbit meat . The meat is similar to chicken, but it has a little more fat.
- Tuna. Helps gain muscle mass.
- Salmon . Contains proteins and unsaturated fatty acids. The composition is rich in minerals and vitamins.
- Anchovy. It is better to eat them whole, since this fish is small in size. Anchovy has a positive effect on the strength of bones, and gives the body vitamins B, A, E.
- Cottage cheese. It is better to choose a low-fat option, and not flavored it with sugar and sour cream, but if desired, throw greens.
- Egg. Quail is better, as it is more useful. The white part is more useful in the chicken egg.
- Nuts. Hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, sunflowers and others. The nuance is that in addition to protein, the composition contains a high fat content.
- Soya. It is considered a vegetable substitute for meat.
Protein products for gaining muscle mass in combination with training
When drawing up a proper diet, one should take into account the costs of energy and fluids during intense sports. For muscle drying, experts do not recommend adhering to a carbohydrate-free diet with a focus on proteins. Complex carbohydrates should be left in the diet: pasta from durum wheat, porridge steamed on water, wholemeal bread.
Products that must be included in the menu for gaining muscle mass:
- low fat cottage cheese;
- steamed skinless poultry meat;
- low-fat marine fish varieties;
- boiled egg whites;
- different types of nuts;
- sugar free yogurt and kefir;
- oatmeal and buckwheat;
- cabbage, carrots, peppers, green apples, citrus fruits and other fruits, except bananas and pears.
An important factor is the regularity of food intake. Norm 5-6 times a day or every 3 hours.
Protein products for weight loss
Protein food boosts metabolism, which enhances weight loss and pacifies appetite. Further, the functions of protein in losing weight and a list of the right products that help maintain muscle tone and lose extra pounds.
How protein helps to lose weight:
- deep cleansing of the intestine from toxins and toxins occurs;
- the heart works better as sugar levels go down;
- optimization of insulin functions, which leads to active burning of glucose absorbed by muscles;
- removal of excess fluid;
- muscle tone support;
- metabolism is accelerated;
- hunger dulls due to prolonged digestion of foods.
- egg whites (boiled);
- boiled or bak
ed chicken breast;
- oatmeal steamed in boiling water;
- cottage cheese with 1-2% fat;
- parmesan and yogurt;
- milk without additives (1 small spoonful of honey per glass is possible);
Common Protein Diets
Composed of many protein diets, which differ in the percentage of proteins and fats. You can choose the right one, taking into account personal preferences and health status.
For example, diets:
- Atkins. He promises to lose 13 pounds in 7 days with a slight relaxation in the form of carbohydrates.
- Kremlin. Weight loss without giving up meat, fish and dairy products. Loss of 11 -15 pounds in 7 days.
- Egg Allowed to feast on citrus and black coffee for breakfast. The basis is cottage cheese, eggs, fresh vegetables, meat without fat. Duration – 2 weeks, for which you can lose 15 -31 pounds.
- Kefir. One of the toughest diet. It allows you to lose 18 pounds per week, and provides a diet in the form of kefir with chicken, cottage cheese, vegetables, except bananas, beets and grapes.
Dr. Ducan’s diet ration
Losing weight “according to Ducan” has been fashionable for many years. Reset and stabilization of weight occurs in 4 stages. The basis of the menu is protein products with a decrease in carbohydrate and fat intake. An example of a balanced menu for losing weight for a week later.
- breakfast: fried eggs of 3 proteins with turkey breast, coffee is weak without sugar;
- lunch: fish soup with crucian carp or salmon, bran bread slice;
- afternoon snack: a glass of 8,45 fluid ounce of yogurt or kefir 1%;
- dinner: veal baked in foil, a decoction of St. John’s wort.
- breakfast: cottage cheese with honey and berries, chamomile unsweetened tea;
- lunch: soup with lean beef and half a quail egg;
- afternoon snack: yogurt without fat and sugar;
- dinner: sea fish stewed with a fry of vegetables.
- breakfast: 2 slices of slightly salted mackerel, fried eggs 2 eggs, coffee;
- lunch: chicken balls without additives from bread and onions, baked in the oven, a cup of yogurt;
- snack: a glass of 1% kefir;
- dinner: boiled squid or beef (medium rare) steak.
- breakfast: a whole grain slice sandwich with Dutch hard cheese and herbal infusion;
- lunch: soup with slices of salmon or salmon;
- snack: weak tea with casserole from cottage cheese, raisins and honey;
- dinner: boiled beef tenderloin, chamomile tea.
- breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 8,45 fluid ounce of low-fat kefir;
- lunch: 2 fish cakes without additives, a cup of yogurt;
- snack: a cup ( 6,76 fluid ounce) of warm milk with bread rolls or biscuit cookies;
- dinner: baked chicken breast in a sleeve, a glass of ginger tea.
- breakfast: fried eggs with tomatoes, tea;
- lunch: soup without potatoes with meatballs;
- snack: oat bran, yogurt;
- dinner: stewed mussels and tea.
- breakfast: a plate of cottage cheese and unsweetened coffee;
- lunch: soup with chicken breast, yogurt without sugar;
- snack: cottage cheese casserole with vanilla and tea;
- dinner: beef cutlets and herbal broth.
Haley Pomeroy Diet
Nutritionist Haley Pomeroy suggests losing weight without starvation and poor diets.
- the diet is selected correctly, and only from healthy low-calorie dishes;
- only a positive attitude without panic and anxiety;
- not to starve;
- drink 0,5 gallon of purified water per day in small sips, starting with a glass in the morning on an empty stomach;
- dinner no later than 1.5 hours before going to bed;
- mode: 3 meals and 2 light snacks.
Basic dishes (can be supplemented):
- boiled chicken breast without salt;
- soup with any vegetables with frying;
- baked veal tenderloin;
- stewed fruit or dried fruit;
- cabbage salad;
- steamed fish or stewed with cabbage;
- boiled asparagus;
- chicken broth;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- whole grain breads with butter;
- lean pork;
- ripe avocados;
- pistachios and coconut milk.
Detailed description of the Hayley Pomeroy diet:
According to this method, stars such as Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Aniston lost weight.
The principles of diet:
- 1st stage. Induction – 11 pounds loss in 14 days. Any protein products (except nuts) are allowed, and 100 g of green vegetables 3 times a day.
- 2nd stage. Weight loss is the main period of weight loss. Similar to phase 1, including nuts, berries and fruits.
- 3rd stage. Preparation for weight stabilization – the body is getting used to the new principles of nutrition. Products with starch are introduced: potatoes, beets. Allowed cereals and all ingredients from past menus.
- 4th stage. Support – power on a new menu. Food from the proposed components, but with a variety of combinations of components for long-term use.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
High protein foods can be not only healthy, but also tas
ty and varied.
The first dishes will help saturate the body with protein, and will please you with a pleasant taste.
Mushroom soup with cheese
? pounds of chicken breast boiled in 1,1 gallon. water, while foams are removed with a slotted spoon. ? pounds of champignons is cut into quarters, and sent to the broth, 4 processed cheeses (not “cheese products”) go to them.
The meat is minced and again thrown into the pan. After 30 minutes, the dish cools and is blended in puree. Season in a plate to taste.
200 g of turkey fillet cooked in l of filtered water. The meat is removed, cooled and chopped into slices, then sent back to the broth. A pack of 300 g of spinach is poured into a dish and cooked for 5 minutes. 1/3 cup of fresh milk is added there, and the soup is interrupted by a hand blender. Spices and salt are optional.
1 pounds of chicken fillet is chopped into small pieces, 1 carrot is rubbed, 1 onion is chopped. All components are poured into a multicooker bowl, flavored with 1 small tablespoons of salt without a slide, pepper and 0,3 gallon of water. The “stew” or “soup” program is installed. After 40 minutes, the dish is ready.
The mass of second courses will allow the menu to be boring and very tasty.
Chop 1 medium onion finely, cut 1 pounds of chicken into 0’4 x 0’4 inch cubes or smaller. Mix, beat a couple of eggs and 1 large spoonful of low-fat mayonnaise. Salt and pepper lightly. Put on a baking dish, and send 180 degrees into the oven.
For the marinade, 1 large spoonful of low-fat sour cream is mixed, 1 small spoonful of grated ginger root, 2 garlic cloves squeezed out by pressing, 1 large spoonful of extra virgin olive oil; by small spoons of chili powder, caraway seeds and herbs of Provence. You can throw thyme.
Steaks 300 g of any uncooked fish are sent to the prepared aromatic mixture for pickling. Finished steaks are wrapped in foil and baked in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Garlic Dressing Beans
300 g of beans is boiled. 1 ripe tomato and 1 bell pepper are cut in even slices. The onion is sliced in half rings, and 6 cloves of garlic are chopped with slices or a small cube. Vegetables are poured into a roasting pan, and stewed at a minimum fire power of 20 minutes.
It goes on a small bunch of cilantro and dill, finely chopped. For the sauce in a blender bowl, whisk 2 tablespoon of dry white wine, a glass of water, a handful of crushed walnuts and garlic. Beans are laid out for a vegetable fry, poured with sauce, salted and seasoned as desired. It languishes for 5 minutes, and you’re done.
Options for protein snacks for quick snacks.
Curd and watermelon
Mixed in a bowl or whipped with a blender cups of low-fat cottage cheese, 1 cup of chopped watermelon pulp and 2 small spoons of natural honey.
An incomplete glass of your favorite berries, a third glass of almond milk, an incomplete cup of Hercules, 2 small spoons of liquid natural honey and a handful of chocolate chips are mixed in a container. The mixture is placed in the microwave for 1 minute, and the hearty dish is ready.
This snack is a worthy substitute for sugar for morning coffee. Connecting together glasses of peanut butter,? cups of whole oats or chopped almonds, 2 large tablespoons of chocolate cream, and 1 small tablespoons (to taste).
The mixture is divided into identical small balls, which are rolled in almond crumbs or in oats. The appetizer is stored on the refrigerator shelf.
When you should not abuse protein and the consequences of excessive consumption
The normal functioning of vital systems of the body without proteins is impossible, but there are certain points when it is better to reduce their consumption.
Protein intake should be limited:
- with diseases and disruptions of the kidneys;
- with liver failure and cirrhosis;
- with atrophy or narrowing of the esophagus tube.
The danger of excess protein
The body is designed so that it only assimilates the right amount of protein. Optimum – 30 g per meal.
Therefore, you should eat often and little by little. Excess protein consumed with calcium is processed, and when calcium is not enough, it is extracted from bones and connective tissue. This can lead to disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
The congestion of the kidneys and liver, which are involved in the process of excretion and excretion of decay products, is increasing. For diseases of these organs, it is better to revise the diet, and reduce protein intake.
Shop meat is often chopped with antibiotics and other chemicals, so it is better to purchase products from trusted farmers , and pay attention to the variety of plant proteins.
Protein food provides normal life and development of the human body, is involved in the regeneration of muscle fibers, metabolism and muscle building. The presented complete list of products that contain valuable protein will allow everyone to diversify their diet in accordance with gastronomic preferences.
Video on the topic: protein food, product list
Protein food, a list of products for weight loss:
Protein diet: food alive and dead: