The Cascade haircut, which appeared more than 30 years ago, does not lose its relevance. She radically changes the image, demonstrating well-groomed hair. Recommended cascade for long hair or medium length for women who want to change the image, but do not want to part with the length of the hair.
- Features haircuts cascade
- Who suits and does not fit
- Advantages and disadvantages of the cascade
- How to make a haircut cascade
- Cascade version with straight bangs
- With oblique bangs
- No bangs
- Haircut Cascade
- Haircut bob cascade
- Graduated (ragged) cascade
- Cascade Phasing
- Asymmetric cascade
- Double cascade
- Extended cascade
- Cascade on thin hair
- Cascade on curly hair
- Straight hair
- On thick hair
- On dark hair
- On fair hair
- On red hair
- Cascade stacking
- Medium Hair Cascade Video
Features haircuts cascade
The haircut cascade is similar to the “Ladder”: in both cases, hair of different lengths is cut. It’s all about technology. In a ladder, the master processes only the ends, in a cascade the hair is cut along the entire length.
Features of the cascade:
- A haircut is not suitable for those who grow their hair, it will take a lot of time to compare the length;
- Constant adjustment is required to maintain shape;
- For owners of thick hair, a haircut will add extra splendor;
- The strands visually look voluminous, light, natural;
- The shape of the face is adjusted;
- Ideal for women with thin or curly hair.
Cascading haircuts are done by cutting hair from the crown or lower to create a softer look. Due to its layering, the hairstyle is light and weightless.
Who suits and does not fit
A cascade of medium-length hair is suitable for women with any shape of the face.
The grooming and beauty of the hairstyle will depend on the technique of haircuts and further styling:
- Women with a round face shape perform a cascade of various asymmetries up to the chin with a side parting. Hairstyle covers the cheekbones, which are the widest area. Visually pulling a round face is capable of long bangs, straight and short in this case will not work. So that the face does not seem wider, the ends of the hair when styling are twisted to the face;
- The cascade is suitable for owners of a square-shaped face. A haircut will balance the massive jaw and make the image softer. Short and straight bangs, even partings and straight sections are not suitable. The strands are trimmed at or just below the temple to shift the emphasis to the top of the hairstyle. A zigzag parting and a long slanting bang will smooth out the angularity. Wave-laying completes the image;
- For the trapezoidal shape of the face, a shortened version of the cascade is used, the last sections reach the cheekbones. Women with this form require additional volume, with a haircut, emphasis is placed on the upper part;
- A cascade of medium-length hair for women with a triangular face begins in the area of the earlobes with a downward shift. When styling use a curl of hair outward from the middle of the length. A wide forehead hides a long bang;
- Representatives with an oval face shape will elegantly look a short cascade. Depending on the status and age of the woman, a bang is selected and further styling.
The cascade is universal, but the most advantageous hairstyle will look on blonde hair. On dark hair, the haircut may be lost, so it is better to highlight.
Advantages and disadvantages of the cascade
How to make a haircut cascade
A cascade is a stepped haircut, where each layer stands out distinctly.
Use 2 variants of the hairstyle technique:
- “A lock on a lock” – on the back of the head a control lock of hair is separated, the remaining hair is divided into levels. In turn, each lock is compared with the control and cut. The cutting comes from the back of the head to the forehead, and at the end the hairstyle is milled.
- “Control strand ” – the main strand of hair is distributed on the top of the head, stretched to the face. The rest of the hair is distributed into strands, stretched to the face and cut off according to the control lock.
Cascade version with straight bangs
A cascade of medium length hair with a straight bang is a win-win option, but on long hair it is used very rarely due to the heavier image. A long straight bangs corrects a high forehead and a low line of eyebrows, so it is great for women with an elongated and rectangular face shape.
With oblique bangs
- A cascade with a slanting bang looks great on girls who want to highlight lips or an eye section.
- The slanting fringe gives the image playfulness, the illusion of the absence of a fringe is created.
- This hairstyle is best for chubby women. A slanting fringe hides half of the forehead, thereby narrowing and lengthening the face visually.
- A variant of the cascade without bangs is used for different hair lengths.
- With a wide face, it is not recommended to make short locks on the forehead.
- The lack of bangs looks good with any face shape.
- To whom such a haircut is not suitable is women with a high forehead.
- A short cascade rack creates an emphasis on the cheekbones, so it is suitable for women with an elongated oval face. If the shape is round, then the square is performed to the shoulders.
- Hairstyle adds volume to thin hair, and slightly curly curls will become more obedient in styling.
- It is not recommended to choose a 4-stage cascade for owners of curly and thick hair.
- The fashion trend is a combination of clear contours and torn strands.
- Kare-cascade looks advantageous on highlighted and fair hair.
Haircut bob cascade
- Bob cascade is recommended for hair of different lengths. Additional volume is achieved by cutting hair in the crown area.
- On medium-length hair, a haircut looks feminine and elegant, especially suitable for creative women.
- One of the advantages is the ability to create various styling – ruffle curls, lift, give a different direction or separate some of them.
- A bob haircut visually lengthens the neck.
Graduated (ragged) cascade
The ragged cascade consists of several steps, the ends of the strands of which are cut at a certain slope.
Hairstyle emphasizes cheekbones and helps to look younger.
- A graduated cascade is performed on all types of hair, but is ideal on thick and thick curls.
- Hairstyle will lose shape with too thin hair.
- A win-win haircut looks with a straight and oblique bangs.
- When drying, the tips are twisted with a round brush, thereby giving the hairstyle the correct styling.
- When using cascade milling, all the irregularities of the haircut are smoothed at the ends of the hair.
- The technique visually increases the volume and reduces the density of the hair.
- Thinning for thin and brittle hair is dangerous, as well as for curly hair. It makes hair fluffy and in some cases it turns out an untidy image with tangled hair, so this haircut is suitable only for owners of thick hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
An asymmetric hair cascade for medium length is performed in an elongated version. Lovers of experiments can complement the image with a short cut or shaved temple.
Features of the asymmetric cascade:
- hair of different lengths on both sides;
- tips of strands with beveled sections;
- alternate long and short hair.
Hairstyle adds volume, removes excessive pomp and is suitable for any age. You can create a playful look on medium hair with a long oblique bangs.
With a double cascade, the hair is cut all over the head, creating a voluminous hairstyle.
- This haircut is best for thin hair, women with a massive chin or long nose.
- The multi-stage haircut looks perfect with straight and oblique bangs.
- A double cascade is recommended for women with an elongated, square and angular face, not suitable for chubby girls.
- It looks interesting on streaked hair and dark brown hair.
An elongated cascade starts from the middle of the head or below. Looks advantageous on long hair with a long oblique bangs of an oval-shaped face. Hair can be cut from the top of the head, from the middle of the hair or only at the ends. Women with a square or triangular face shape are better off choosing a different haircut option.
Cascade on thin hair
The cascade is ideal for thin hair, it adds the missing volume to the hairstyle due to its layering. Suitable for girls with a rectangular shape of the face with short and medium length hair.
Thin hair looks more voluminous due to frequent and shallow steps. Curls are twisted inward with a massive chin, and outward for visual expansion of the face. Visually add light shades of hair volume.
Cascade on curly hair
Curly hair trimmed in a cascade creates a romantic look; a haircut looks especially advantageous on long hair. A hairstyle is suitable for women with different face shapes, it all depends on the embodiment.
A narrow face will become more harmonious with voluminous curls in the area of the cheeks and cheekbones. The long bangs trimmed with “feathers” will complement the whole image. For women with a round face, a cascade is done at the top of the head. Hair frames cheekbones and covers cheeks.
A cascade of straight hair looks equally good at different lengths. The peculiarity of the hairstyle is that it does not require styling. The structure of the haircut on straight hair is clearly visible, which allows you to experiment on a haircut. To do this, it is enough to dry the hair with a hairdryer. For straight hair, a ragged cascade looks interesting when the locks are located on one side of the head or along all hair.
On thick hair
The cascade is universal in that it adds volume to thin hair, and on thick hair, on the contrary, it helps to cope with excess saturation. It is not easy to make a haircut on thick curls, but it is the cascade that can facilitate the hairstyle, without reducing the volume. Hair must be healthy, the ends do not split. Otherwise, it is better to cut the ends or make a short cascade.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
On dark hair
The cascade is performed on hair of different colors, the hairstyle looks good on curls of chocolate shades, highlighted, colorized or gradient way of coloring.
On very dark hair, the cascade is lost, it is better to use the ombre dyeing technique, when there is a smooth transition of shades from dark to lighter. You can highlight individual strands, color only bangs or hair ends.
On fair hair
The cascade is created for hair of light shades, which are naturally devoid of volume. Especially good looks hairstyle with smooth sections. An effective cascade on hair is the color of ripe wheat and light blond shades.
On red hair
Red-haired girls cascade is better than another hairstyle, especially if the hair is slightly curly. On copper shades, the haircut looks spectacular and stylish. The hairstyle is suitable for all types of lengths and for different ages.
When laying the cascade, focus on the tips and volume. Laying does not require much time and tools.
To create a business everyday look:
- Wash hair, blow dry slightly with a hairdryer, starting from the roots, creating a volume.
- Using gel or wax, lay the tips in the correct order (or mess).
For a festive look:
- Wash hair, apply foam, with a hairdryer and comb to dry curls, directing air from the roots;
- The tips fit outward or inward depending on the desired effect.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
The cascade is combined with almost any staining technique; the most popular methods remain:
- Accentuation of strands – due to multi-layering, a very different effect is obtained;
- Highlighting – strands are painted in a color different from natural, usually the technique is performed along the entire length;
- Ombre – the lower part of the curls is painted, suitable for dark hair. The transition is noticeable, the hair above is dark, the bottom is lighter;
- Bronding – hair is dyed in the same way as in the ombre technique, only the transition is more noticeable;
- Shatush – imitation of burnt hair in the sun. The most natural look is dyeing on dark brown hair.
Cascade is a universal hairstyle that can hide the irregularities of the shape of the face. The cascade on long hair and medium length is especially good.
Stylish coloring and proper styling helps to enhance the effect of haircuts.
Medium Hair Cascade Video