To have an excellent figure, it is not necessary to visit expensive fitness clubs. There are exercises available to all for effective muscle gain in normal home conditions. This requires only a competent approach to the formation of a system of training, nutrition and recovery.
- Features of home weight training
- What you need for home training
- Basic exercises for beginners
- Mass Exercises for Intermediate Professionals
- Training for professionals
- Weight Dumbbell Exercises
- How to increase the effectiveness of weight training
- How to recover from a workout
- How to eat
- Muscle Building Exercise Video
Features of home weight training
A unique feature of the exercises necessary to gain muscle mass, which are used in training at home, can be called the lack of great diversity in sports equipment. This is a factor that does not allow increasing loads on a regular basis.
However, it is not necessary to purchase expensive simulators, you can do it with improvised tools at the initial stage, and then gradually acquire a minimum set of dumbbells, bars, bars, and, if possible, a bar. In any case, you can make a very effective home gym and save a substantial amount of money without going to a fitness club.
What you need for home training
Due to the lack of trainers at home who would monitor the correctness and effectiveness of training, you should approach this process yourself.
- First of all, it is necessary to make all workouts regular. With sporadic training and the absence of a complete system, it is impossible to achieve even a slight increase in strength and endurance, all the more unrealistic to build muscle.
- You should abandon bad habits that distract from sports. This applies to smoking and taking alcohol. Well-known scientists have found that after consuming only 50-100 g of strong alcohol, the whole positive effect of mass-gaining training disappears.
- Before each lesson, you need to warm up. This rule is observed even by professional athletes with a high level of training. Otherwise, any, even the simplest, exercises will lead to injuries. The duration of the warm-up is usually 10-15 minutes, during which warming up muscles and ligaments are performed.
- You can’t overwork. Professional trainers and fitness instructors recommend setting the training time at home in the of 1-1.5 hours.
- For effective muscle gain, you should take long breaks between sets. Unlike endurance training, in which the break is approximately 30 seconds, during mass-gaining exercises this value should be increased fourfold.
- Any workout should be completed with a hitch. This will avoid heart problems and improve recovery. A standard stretching, running or exercise bike, if available, is best.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Basic exercises for beginners
Exercises for gaining muscle mass at home for beginners should be selected taking into account physical fitness. In the fitness club, she makes a program for the client and in the future the trainer monitors and controls all the processes, at home everything needs to be done independently.
The effectiveness of muscle growth and the safety of ligaments and joints directly depend on how correctly and accurately approaches are made. It is important to consider that women and men have different physical abilities, respectively, for the weaker sex, in each exercise it is necessary to reduce the number of approaches and repetitions by 20-50%.
- The most important exercise that will increase muscle is simple push-ups. You should start with 3-4 sets of 10-15 push-ups at a time. Hands can be placed close to each other or, conversely, widely spaced. In this case, different muscles are involved in the process of doing the exercises.
- The next basic home exercise is pulling up on the horizontal bar. You should also do 3-4 sets of 7-12 times. Grip greatly affects which muscles are worked out. With a broad, first of all, the back develops, with a narrow grip, triceps, and with the opposite – biceps.
- Another indispensable exercise is twisting. It must be done correctly, otherwise the efficiency drops to 0. Lying on your back, you should slowly lift the upper body, which should gradually take a rounded shape from a straight position. Important! At this point, many make the mistake of simply raising the straight upper body and trying to touch the forehead of the knees. In this case, the muscles of the press are almost not involved, the back muscles work. To control the execution of the exercise, you can place your fingers just above and below the navel, and with proper twisting, they will gradually come closer to each other. You should do 3-4 approaches at a slow pace of 15-20 repetitions. A larger number will increase stamina rather than muscle size.
- Squats are required. Hands behind the head, the back is straight, you need to lower as much as possible, and then slowly return to the starting position. 3-4 approaches should be performed 20-30 times.
All of these exercises with the development of strength and endurance should be complicated. This is done by increasing the number of repetitions, approaches and the introduction of weights.
Mass Exercises for Intermediate Professionals
Exercises for a more effective set of muscle mass for an average level of training at home are expected to become more difficult. The approach to their implementation is changing. Already mandatory requires the presence of at least a minimum set of sports equipment.
It is necessary to create a full-fledged program, which, depending on the day of the week, will offer training for the upper or lower body. Fitness club instructors recommend that on Monday and Thursday pay attention to the muscles located in the upper body, and on Tuesday and Saturday, respectively, in the lower. All other days should be devoted to rest and recovery.
During training of the upper part of the body, it is necessary to use equipment whose weight should not cause excessive tension in the muscles after the first approach. Unlike fat burning workouts, the exercises described below should not be performed in a circular fashion. Only after completing all approaches of one, should we move on to another.
- The most important thing is biceps training. Dumbbells or barbell rise from the lower, most relaxed position to the shoulders, elbows are not parted, no jerking. It should be performed from 3 to 4 sets of 18-25 times.
- After that, they proceed to triceps training by performing the French bench press from a prone position , the safest for joints, in contrast to a standing and sitting position. Hands are at an angle of 90 degrees, smoothly straighten, elbows must remain in place, no jerking. It is necessary to perform from 3 to 4 approaches 10-18 times.
Finally a barbell or dumbbell bench press. In this case, you should use the usual grip at sh
oulder level. The inventory is pulled to the chest, not lowering on it, in order to avoid injuries. Hands straighten smoothly and without jerking. You must complete at least 3 approaches 6-8 times. Necessarily, as for all exercises, the last approach should be carried out until failure and burning in the muscles
During the study of the lower body, one exercise after another should also be performed as slowly and smoothly as possible.
The latest approaches are carried out to failure and muscle pain:
- The most important exercise is regular deadlift. It is advisable to perform it with a barbell. The back should be flat, the deviation is fraught with damage. At the same time as the body is tilted forward and slightly down, the arms with the bar slide smoothly below the knees. In this case, the approaches should be 3. For one approach, you should not perform too many repetitions, because this exercise is insidious and dangerous – it can cause unexpected damage.
- Squats with a barbell. The back is straight, the bar is located on the shoulders and is held by hands. The deepest squat is carried out smoothly, and then a smooth rise. No jerks, otherwise there will be no muscle growth. There should be at least 4 approaches, with the number of squats at a time about 8-10 times.
- The third most important exercise of the complex is the usual lunges. As with all lower body exercises, it is strictly forbidden to bend your back. Instead of a barbell, it’s easier to use dumbbells. A step and squat is made until a right angle is formed in the leg. Then they return to their original position and change their legs. It should be performed from 3 to 4 sets of 12-14 lunges with both legs at a time.
Training for professionals
The principle of the exercise program for gaining the necessary muscle mass in professionals is very different from those described above. The system even at home resembles a full workout in a fitness club. Each lesson is dedicated to a separate muscle group. This allows you to effectively combine heavy exercises and much-needed rest.
On Monday, you should do the following exercises on the muscles of the hands, the weight of the equipment is heavy:
- Lifting the barbell for biceps. The back is straight, arms should be relaxed and stretched as much as possible when returning to the initial position. 4 approaches are carried out, during each of which the inventory rises 7-8 times.
- Triceps exercise with french bench press. Due to the large weight of the inventory, for the safety of joints it is recommended to perform from a prone position. 4 sets of 6-10 repetitions are performed.
- Complete the set with biceps exercise, but with dumbbells. Dumbbell lifting is performed alternately with each hand. The total number of approaches is 4, and the number of repetitions is from 10 to 12.
On Tuesday, exercises work out the muscles of the chest, the weight of the inventory is heavy:
- The first and most important exercise is the classic bench press. The number of approaches is 3, in each of which 12-15 repetitions should be performed.
- Push-ups with weights. 3 approaches, perform at a slow pace to failure.
- Complete the set should be a bench press with dumbbells. 3-4 approaches are carried out, everything should be done to failure. Perform at least 10 repetitions at a time.
On Wednesday, give rest to all muscle groups. Without proper recovery, muscle growth rate will drop to minimal levels and may even be negative.
On Thursday, focus on the muscles of the back, the weight of the inventory is heavy:
- The main exercise is the tilt of the barbell. 3 approaches are performed, with a total number of repetitions in one step from 8 to 10.
- Then it is necessary to carry out inclinations with a barbell on the shoulders. It is strictly forbidden to bend the back, which is fraught with injuries. 3 approaches are performed, with the number of repetitions from 10 to 12.
On Friday, doing exercises on the shoulders, the weight of the inventory is heavy:
- Dumbbell wiring is in progress. If the exercise is done in the upright position, then the front and middle deltas are trained, if tilted forward, then, respectively, the rear deltas. Perform 4 approaches, with a total number of repetitions at a time from 10 to 15.
- Perform the so-called “Arnold bench” or, in other words, the dumbbell bench press up. 3 approaches are made, with the number of repetitions at a time from 12 to 15. The exercise is carried out to failure.
- Shrugs with a barbell or dumbbells. The total number of approaches is 3, and the number of repetitions is from 8 to 10.
On Saturday, leg exercises are done, the weight of the inventory is heavy:
- Squats with a barbell or dumbbells. Approaches – from 3 to 4, repetitions – from 6 to 9.
- Deadlift. Approaches – from 3 to 4, repetitions – from 6 to 9.
Lunges with dumbbells or barbell
. Approaches 4, repetitions from 12 to 15.
Sunday must be done on a day off, without any activity.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Weight Dumbbell Exercises
For any exercise for an effective set of muscle mass, the use of certain equipment is necessary, and this does not depend on where the training takes place, in the gym or at home. The most affordable for purchase and use are ordinary dumbbells.
Exercises with dumbbells aimed at increasing muscle mass can be divided into two categories:
- Basic exercises.
- Isolated exercises.
The basic exercises include:
- Squat with dumbbells. Quadriceps and buttock muscles develop. Dumbbells – in each hand, a full squat is performed with them and a slow return to their original position.
- Deadlift. The body is initially inclined forward. A deflection is made in the lumbar, and the body descends further forward and down. Hands must be parallel to the legs and lower just below the knees. It is forbidden to bend your back, which is fraught with serious injuries.
- Lunges. Alternate steps are taken forward with the legs lowered into the squat. The back is straight, arms with dumbbells are lowered along the body.
- Climb to the bench. You should alternately with different legs step onto a bench or any other surface. It is forbidden to take the knee out of the foot.
- Dumbbell Bench Press. It can be carried out in sitting or lying provisions. The hands in which the dumbbells are taken are on the same level and at the same time rise up, and then lower to their original position.
Basic exercises involve many different muscle groups at the same time. However, the greatest efficiency in the development of muscle mass allows you to achieve the alternation of both basic and isolating exercises , indicated below.
- Lifting dumbbells for biceps. It is carried out in a sitting or standing position. Hands with dumbbells are lowered, from this position slowly, without jerking, they rise to the shoulders, and then come back.
- French bench press lying or standing on triceps. Hands with dumbbells are raised up, then slowly lower back to an angle of 90 degrees, then return to their original position.
- Breeding dumbbells to the sides on the deltoid muscles. It is performed in the upright position, in which the front and middle deltas are training, or in the forward tilt position, in which the rear deltas are training. Hands with dumbbells are lowered, and then simultaneously rise to the formation of a straight line with the shoulders.
How to increase the effectiveness of weight training
In order for training to increase muscle mass, regardless of whether they are carried out at home or in the gym, to be as effective as possible, much attention should be paid to rest, during which muscle recovery and proper nutrition are carried out, without which muscles are not able to grow. Without careful adherence to these conditions, success is unrealistic.
How to recover from a workout
Any exercise in physical activity requires a good rest. In the process of rest, all bad habits should be abandoned. They are incompatible with a healthy lifestyle. In addition to smoking, drinking alcohol, you should avoid night parties, as well as watching TV and using gadgets before going to bed.
You need to sleep a lot, especially at night. This is due to the fact that during this period of time chemical processes are carried out associated with the restoration and construction of muscles. New fibers are formed, damaged ones are repaired. This is a fact that has been proven by sports physicians and relevant scientists.
How to eat
In addition to rest, an essential factor in muscle recovery and growth is proper nutrition. During the day, a person who is actively training should eat 5 to 7 times. Everything should be clearly calculated and planned.
Food should have a high level of nutrition, without this, the body will simply destroy all the calories during exhausting workouts, in other words, the number of calories consumed should exceed the amount spent.
There are several mandatory rules, first of all, you should almost completely get rid of junk food that interferes with muscle growth:
- flour products;
- canned food.
Any products that are eaten must contain the necessary nutrients. It is important to maintain the correct balance of the BJU. The amount of protein per 2 pounds of weight for the successful growth of muscle tissue should be at least 1.5-2 g.
The best product is boiled chicken breast. Protein shakes can also help achieve this. Carbohydrate intake should be tried to be carried over to the first half of the day.
They must be slow and have at least an average glycemic index. The most optimal choice, according to professional bodybuilders, is oatmeal. Thin people also need an additional charge of the right carbohydrates that are contained in the gainers. Be sure to include a lot of greens and vegetables in the diet. This will improve digestion.
Summing up, it should be noted several quite unambiguous conclusions. Exercises for an effective set of muscle mass can be used both during training in a fitness club or gym, as well as in normal home conditions.
Muscle Building Exercise Video
Basic exercises for gaining muscle mass:
TOP 5 exercises for weight gain: