Acne on the face often appears unexpectedly and at the most inopportune moment. If there is no special antibacterial agent nearby, and you need to get rid of them as soon as possible, then ordinary toothpaste will come to the rescue, which stands on a shelf in the bathroom.
- Does Toothpaste Help Acne
- Due to what helps
- How much to keep
- Can I leave overnight
- What toothpaste to use
- How to smear acne: instructions
- How to quickly remove acne with toothpaste
- Mask with aspirin
- Soda and Toothpaste
- Salt and toothpaste
- Toothpaste with salicylic-zinc paste
- Precautionary measures
- Is it possible for pregnant women to remove acne with toothpaste
- Video: Acne Facial Toothpaste
Does Toothpaste Help Acne
Numerous reviews suggest that this method really helps if you have time to apply the composition to the red spot that has just appeared. If the pimple is already ripe, squeezed out, or is deep under the skin, the toothpaste will be powerless.
Due to what helps
Toothpaste allows you to quickly get rid of acne on the face due to the fact that after drying it forms a dense crust, thereby blocking bacteria from access to air.
In addition, it contains a number of substances that have an antibacterial effect – soda, triclosan, essential oils of medicinal plants, menthol. The microorganisms that cause inflammation under such conditions multiply much more slowly, so the pimple is noticeably reduced and dried in a short time.
How much to keep
The effectiveness of toothpaste will increase several times if applied to a pimple that has just appeared. It is recommended to leave the product on the face for 30-40 minutes, this period of time will be enough to stop the inflammatory process.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Can I leave overnight
Leaving the product on your face all night is not recommended. it can cause itching, burning, redness, and excessive dryness of the skin. If the pimple was discovered immediately before bedtime, and there is no way to wait for the recommended period of time, it is allowed to leave the product overnight, observing the following precautions:
- the composition is applied pointwise, healthy skin should not be affected;
- it is verified that there is no allergy to the components of the paste used.
Owners of dry, sensitive skin should not leave a paste on their face all night under any circumstances.
What toothpaste to use
Not all toothpastes can be used without fear from acne on the face. Only those that meet the following characteristics are effective and safe for the skin :
- have white color;
- have propolis, extracts of medicinal plants (mint, medicinal herbs);
- does not contain fluoride (there is a danger of burns);
- does not contain carbamide peroxide (there is a danger of burns);
- does not contain a substance called bromelain, which breaks down protein molecules.
Pastes with a gel-like texture, colored stripes, blotches, microparticles are not suitable for the treatment of acne. Do not use whitening pastes. They include substances that can cause skin burns, change pigmentation.
Many plant components with antibacterial properties, contains paste “Forest Balsam.” This includes, for example, chamomile and oak bark extracts. Splat Healing Herbs contains extracts of chamomile, sea buckthorn and others. Lacalut Activ Herbal contains chlorhexidine, bisabolol – known antiseptics and herbal extracts.
How to smear acne: instructions
The effectiveness of this method of treating acne will increase following a simple instruction:
- It is necessary to previously clean and prepare the skin: remove cosmetics with a special tool, wipe the face with a cotton pad with a cleansing lotion.
- Toothpaste is gently applied with a small cotton swab only to the site of inflammation, avoiding its contact with healthy areas. Do not use for the area around the eyes.
- The product is left on the face for 40-60 minutes, then gently washed off in warm water with soft circular movements with your fingers or a soft sponge.
- The final step is to gently pat your face with a towel or napkin. If after the procedure there is a feeling of dryness and tightness of the skin, it is recommended to apply a light moisturizer.
If necessary, the procedure can be repeated after 2-3 hours.
How to quickly remove acne with toothpaste
Acne toothpaste on the face will help as quickly as possible if:
- apply the product to the skin as soon as the pimple has manifested itself (itching, redness);
- repeat the procedure after 2-3 hours;
- use a substance with substances that enhance anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects – aspirin, soda, salt.
Mask with aspirin
Strengthen the action of the components of toothpaste in the fight against acne can be done by adding aspirin to it in tablets , which has a strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect. It dries well the site of inflammation, inhibits the further growth of bacteria, promotes exfoliation of dead cells and faster skin regeneration.
Mask recipe : crush an aspirin tablet in a mortar, squeeze 1. 2 – 0’8 inch of toothpaste into the resulting powder, mix thoroughly until a homogeneous composition is obtained.
- The resulting product should be carefully applied with a cotton swab or stick on the inflamed areas of the skin, leave for 10 minutes. With profuse acne, the mask is applied in a thin layer over the entire affected area without affecting the area around the eyes.
- The mask is carefully washed off with warm water and a soft sponge or with light finger movements.
- Then you need to gently pat your face with a towel, apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Soda and Toothpaste
Soda combined with toothpaste is an effective remedy for acne, black spots and enlarged pores on the face. It gently exfoliates keratinized particles, cleanses the sebaceous glands, opening access to oxygen, normalizes the pH level and eliminates oily sheen.
For the procedure, you need to mix 1 small tablespoons of baking sod
a with the same amount of toothpaste, mix well.
- It is recommended that you first clean your face from cosmetics and then steam it over a container of hot water.
- The next step is to apply the resulting product with gentle massaging movements without touching the eye area. The composition is left on the face for 5 minutes.
- Gently wash off the product with gentle movements. Blot the face with a napkin.
- Apply a moisturizer.
To clean the skin and prevent the appearance of black spots, this procedure is recommended to be repeated every week.
Salt and toothpaste
Toothpaste in combination with salt is another effective remedy for blackheads. Salt effectively cleanses and disinfects pores, and also helps maintain moisture in the skin.
To prepare a cleaning agent, salt (regular or sea) and toothpaste are taken in equal amounts, mixed to a homogeneous mass. If it turns out to be too thick, you can add a few drops of water and mix well.
- The face cleared of cosmetics is steamed over a container with hot water.
- Means of salt and toothpaste are applied by massaging movements on the skin, avoiding contact with the area around the eyes, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- The mask is washed off with water using a soft sponge or cloth.
- In the end, it is recommended to apply a moisturizer or nourishing cream suitable for the type of skin.
Such cleaning can be carried out up to 2 times a week.
Toothpaste with salicylic-zinc paste
The components of salicylic-zinc paste have an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect, they dry the foci of inflammation, stimulate the regeneration of damaged areas, avoiding the appearance of scars after treatment of acne.
Salicylic-zinc paste can be used both in pure form and in combination with other components that enhance the action of its components. For example, in the treatment of acne, a mask made from a mixture of salicylic-zinc and toothpaste is effective.
They are mixed in equal proportions and applied to problem areas of the face, left for 15-20 minutes, and then washed off with warm water. Toothpaste in this composition enhances the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect of salicylic-zinc paste.
Toothpaste is not originally intended for cosmetic purposes, so there are a number of precautions that must be observed when using it to treat acne.
- Before applying the product to the face, it is worthwhile to test for an allergic reaction: spread a small amount of paste on the elbow, leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Only after making sure that there is no allergy can the product be used on the face.
- Do not apply toothpaste to squeezed acne and skin areas with wounds, cuts and other similar injuries, as its active components may cause additional irritation.
- It is not recommended for cosmetic purposes to use fluoride-containing toothpaste, as this component can cause burns on the face. The same applies to whitening pastes.
- Toothpaste on a pimple should be applied as carefully as possible, without affecting healthy areas of the skin and the sensitive area around the eyes.
- Frequent application of toothpaste to the skin of the face can lead to its dryness and peeling.
It is strongly not recommended to use toothpaste to treat acne on the face:
- with sensitive, dry skin;
- if you are allergic to the components of the paste;
- with skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema, etc.).
Is it possible for pregnant women to remove acne with toothpaste
Toothpaste is not a cosmetic product, therefore, experts have not conducted studies on the penetration of its substances into the body of pregnant and lactating women with external use.
Doctors and professional cosmetologists, in turn, do not recommend using unverified means, including toothpaste, during the period of gestation and lactation, because body reactions and consequences can be unpredictable.
Toothpaste can really quickly help with acne on the face. However, its direct purpose is completely different, therefore dermatologists strongly do not recommend the use of toothpaste for cosmetic purposes on an ongoing basis. It is advisable to resort to this method only in those cases when acne appeared suddenly, at the wrong time, and there was no special tool at hand.
Video: Acne Facial Toothpaste
Myth or reality. Does toothpaste help with acne:
Does the toothpaste help with black dots: