Stretching is a type of fitness aimed at stretching muscles and strengthening ligaments. This direction of aerobics allows you to keep the body in good shape, stay in a good mood and excellent health.
- What is stretching
- The difference between stretching and other fitness systems
- Main types
- Passive stretch
- Resistance stretch
- Static stretch
- Ballistic stretch
- The benefits of stretching
- Exercise Rules
- Warm up
- Main complex
- A set of exercises for beginners
- Stretching for children
- Lessons from Ekaterina Firsova
- Can I do stretching during pregnancy
- Exercise effectiveness
- Related videos: Stretching
What is stretching
Stretching is such a trend in fitness, which appeared in the 50s of the 20th century, in Sweden, for the development of muscle elasticity and a careful attitude to ligaments.
The name of the workout comes from the English word stretch. This exercise system was developed in order to relax the muscles after exercise and prepare for them. Muscles get microtraumas from playing sports. In order for them to heal faster, it is necessary to stretch them.
Stretching is used in:
- strength exercises;
- cardio training.
Stretching is a direction that can be practiced at any age. So that muscles do not hurt after training, it is enough to stretch for 10-15 minutes. at the beginning and at the end of the lesson. If the goal is to stretch the muscles as much as possible (for example, to twine), then you need to give stretching at least 2 hours a week.
Stretching should begin with a warm-up (warming up the body) so as not to injure the ligaments. During training, muscles and ligaments are stretched, relaxing the whole body. Exercise affects all muscle groups.
- Stretch to the maximum, but not to pain.
- Relax your whole body.
- To give elasticity to muscles, joints – mobility.
- Strengthen the muscles of the whole body.
- Keep the body in good shape.
- Regularity is the key to a flexible, flexible body.
A training session may consist of exercises:
- isometric (per muscle group);
- isotonic (for several muscle groups);
- stretching (for muscle elasticity).
All exercises are a delay in a certain position. They are selected according to the level of training. First, you can not master all the provisions. But with the development of flexibility, it is possible to master a pose of any complexity.
The difference between stretching and other fitness systems
Stretching is such a direction in fitness that is fundamentally different from other programs because:
- Develops flexibility, stretches tendons and muscles;
- Relaxes the whole body;
- There are no restrictions on age and physical fitness;
- The whole body is involved;
- Static and smooth movements.
As you can see, this trend in fitness plays an important role. It is of great benefit to man. But do not confuse it with yoga, as this is a separate direction. Yoga focuses on the general condition of a person in a particular position, deep breathing and meditation. Stretching is aimed at stretching the muscles, and yoga – the healing of the whole body through physical and spiritual practices.
Stretching is a stretch with the mind. For a specific purpose, there are various types of this direction.
Stretching can be of several types:
- with resistance.
The choice of type of stretching depends on the desire and on the degree of physical fitness.
This type of training is carried out with the help of a trainer / workmate or special items.
It consists in the fact that you need to take the necessary positions, relax. The partner will stretch. No effort is needed.
Stretching with resistance is carried out using an expander tape. Taking any position and stretching with the expander, the tape is resisting. So the muscles not only stretch, but also resist. Tension increases, muscles contract even more.
This type of stretching involves stretching in a specific position. Taking it, you need to stretch as much as possible and stay at the maximum point for 30-60 seconds. This allows you to relax and feel the muscles. It is important to breathe calmly and not to bring pain.
Ballistic stretching is an active stretching. Muscle stretching occurs in a sharp movement (in jumping, squats, swinging legs / arms, bends). Its purpose is to increase the range of motion. This allows you to strike harder, jump higher, and the range of motion also increases. This stretching technique uses all the muscles to the maximum.
Ballistic stretching does not allow you to relax and can often lead to injuries. On the contrary, it keeps muscles in tension, developing a stretch reflex.
The benefits of stretching
Stretching is very good for health:
|Tones up muscles, gives vigor||Stretching keeps all muscles in good shape, improves mood and invigorates.|
|Improves blood circulation||This contributes to the development of muscles and their faster recovery. Tightens the entire body, makes the skin supple.|
|Improves balance||In stretching, there are many exercises in which you need to “spring” and maintain balance.|
|Develops flexibility, plasticity, joint mobility and muscle elasticity||This reduces the risk of injury. For older people, stretching is a great opportunity to become more mobile.|
|Develops stamina||Each exercise involves a specific muscle group, due to which you can stay in the accepted position.|
|Speeds up metabolism||It is good for health and fat burning.|
|Relaxes and sharpens the mind||Stretching teaches you to control your body: strain and relax, balance, breathe correctly.|
|Controls stress tolerance||Stretching muscles helps relieve physical and mental stress.|
No matter how useful and
enjoyable occupation stretching is, it still has contraindications.
They can not deal with people who are sick:
- inflammatory, chronic, mental illnesses;
- thrombosis, atherosclerosis;
- frequent dizziness;
- flat feet 3 degrees;
- tuberculosis of bones, joints;
- diabetes mellitus;
There are also restrictions:
- critical days;
- osteochondrosis, various diseases of the spine.
Having decided to do stretching, you need to ask your doctor about the restrictions.
To correctly perform the stretching, you need to know some rules:
- Beginners should not get involved in ballistic and dynamic stretching. During the exercise, you can’t spring up and put pressure on the muscles. Stretch out gently and smoothly.
- You cannot stretch through pain. Ligaments and tendons should not be injured. They need to be gradually stretched, giving more and more elasticity with each occupation.
- Watch your breath. It should be calm. Dyspnea excluded.
- Stretch only on hot muscles. Stretching cold muscles can lead to sprains.
- For a flexible body you need to do 3 times a week.
Adhering to these rules, the training will be held competently and the first results will not be long in coming. It is also important to take all the positions correctly and reach the maximum point.
Clothing for stretching can be both loose and fitted. The main thing is that she does not limit her movements. Such clothing is stretched, consists of elastin and natural thread.
You can engage in:
- knee pads.
Stretching in such clothes is very convenient.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Warm-up before stretching is as important as before any workout. It warms up muscles, increases flexibility, and reduces the risk of injury when stretched.
During the warm-up you can:
- jump (in various ways, including with a jump rope);
- run (around the perimeter / in place);
- to lunges, swing arms / legs;
- do circular rotations with the body, inclinations, lifts on socks.
Duration – 10-15 minutes. Usually, this time is enough to feel the “hot” muscles.
The main stretching program runs for the whole body.
- consists of tilting the head to the sides. It is necessary to linger in the slope for 30-60 seconds. Hold your head with your hand.
- hands behind your back, grab your wrist at the level of the lower back, bend your elbows, or take the opposite elbow, press your shoulder to yourself, stretch up / down.
- hands in the lock, pull back. Raise to the maximum point. You can spring or stay in this position;
- hand in front of you (at eye level), pull the brush toward you;
- to fold hands “in the lock”, hands in front of you, pull forward;
- to put a hand by the head, hold by the hand, pull to the side (repeat on both hands);
- fold the lock on the back.
Stretching the back, sides, abdomen:
- bend to the sides with outstretched arm above the head;
- bend standing back;
- exercise “Cat”;
- lie on your stomach, put your hands under your shoulders, raise your body, raise your head, pull your back to the maximum point;
- adopt the position “Dogs face down”;
- lying on your back, raise your legs, put behind your head. Socks must reach the floor;
- kneeling, bend back, with your fingers to reach the heels / floor;
- lying on your back, bend your legs, lift them, one leg to put behind the other;
- sitting on the floor, bend one leg and bring forward yourself, the opposite to bring back (straight). You can sit upright or lean forward. Tilting will complicate the exercise.
Stretching the front of the thigh:
- standing upright, grab the ankle, squeeze to the buttock, stretch;
- lying on his stomach, grab the ankle, squeeze to the buttock, stretch;
- kneeling, grab the toe, pull the heel to the buttock.
Extensor Muscle Stretch:
- Performed in a deep lunge. First, you can make a springy lunge (behind the standing leg rests on the toe). And then lower your leg.
Stretching the back of the thigh:
- stand straight, lean forward, stretch your fingers to the floor. Then with palms. Next, you need to get your hands on the heels;
- stand straight, tilt with a flat back (parallel to the floor), hips go back;
- spread legs very widely, fold arms, try to reach the floor;
- stand straight, put your foot in front of you, tilt the body (parallel to the floor);
- standing up straight, join the heels, trying to get the floor;
- sitting on the floor, put your legs in front of you (together), try to reach your knees with your chest
- from the same position, leave one leg extended, put the opposite foot on the knee, stretch the chest to the knee;
- from the same position, take one leg back (bent), draw the leg forward, stretch the chest to the knee;
- on the back, lift one leg, pull towards you. You can help yourself with a ribbon expander.
Stretching the inner thigh:
- lying on your side, pull your straight leg toward you;
- on the back, raise legs, pull to the sides;
- make a “lunge to the side”, stretch your leg, linger / spring;
- standing up straight, raise your leg to the side, put on some surface, pull;
- sit on the floor, spread your legs as wide as possible, lean forward, stretch your arms in front of you, stretch your chest to the floor;
- lean your hands on the floor, spread your legs apart, linger.
- Butterfly exercise
- sitting on the floor, bend your legs, connect your feet, stretch your chest to the floor. Try to get the floor with your palms or elbows;
- on the stomach, bend your legs, spread as much as possible to the sides, linger;
- perform the same exercise, only with the leg extended to the side.
This set of exercises is the main. It takes about 40 minutes. Each exercise should be kept for 30-60 seconds. and reach its maximum point. Before stretching, it is important to warm up.
The complex uses the whole body, develops flexibility, improves posture, prepares muscles for more complex gymnastic exercises.
With each training, the maximum point will increase. Sensations of pain are excluded.
A set of exercises for beginners
Exercises for beginners do not make any difficulty in doing:
- Stretching the front of the thigh. Standing straight, feet together. Bend your leg, take it back. Grasp the ankle, pull to the buttock.
- Stretching the back of the thigh. Standing straight, lean forward. Stretch your fingers to the floor.
- Stretching the inner thigh. To do alternate lunges to the sides. Muscles should be felt.
- Stretching hands. Clasp your hands “into the castle.” Take back. Then raise above the head, pull.
- Stretching calves. Stretch your leg in front of you, stand on your heel. Pull the sock towards you, chest stretch to the floor.
Stretching for children
Stretching is useful not only for adults, but also for children. Stretching in childhood is important. She develops joint mobility. Stretching classes for children are carried out in a playful way. The training is conducted to music and accompanied by an interesting story. It develops the attention, concentration, imagination of the child. Children’s stretching is based on static exercises. They are performed at a moderate pace.
Its benefits are:
- improving joint mobility;
- development of muscle flexibility and elasticity;
- improving activity;
- the formation of proper posture.
So that the child does not get bored, the lesson lasts 35-40 minutes. The number of repetitions of each exercise varies by age. In 3-4 years, repeat 5 times, in 5 years – 7, in 7 years – 10. All exercises are quite simple.
Thanks to a system such as a fitness tale, children will become sturdy, flexible, agile and healthy.
Game stretching for children:
Lessons from Ekaterina Firsova
Stretching lessons from the popular fitness trainer Ekaterina Firsova can be easily found on the Internet. Each video lesson consists of various exercises for the whole body. At the beginning of the lesson, a smooth warm-up of all parts of the body is carried out. It is simple to perform and does not cause discomfort. The video lesson lasts about an hour.
Trainer Ekaterina Firsova shows and explains each exercise in detail. This complex consists of 54 lessons. Each of them has twine exercises. This set of video tutorials on stretching will prepare for longitudinal and transverse splits, will develop the flexibility of the spine.
Can I do stretching during pregnancy
Pregnant stretching is very good for health. From him, health will improve, vigor, lightness and a surge of strength will appear. Before training, you need to warm up. Hold the pose for 10 seconds. On the floor you can only engage in the first trimester. Before class, you need to warm up your hands, shoulders, pelvis.
In the second trimester, training is already less active. It has a lot of easy exercises. The lesson consists of stretching the sides, back, legs, arms. Classes on the floor should be performed only those in which there is no discomfort.
In the third trimester, you need to do every day. Proper breathing is the key to successful training and preparation for childbirth. Exercises are aimed at training the uterus, abdomen and breathing techniques. Inhale for 2-3 seconds, exhale for 5-6 seconds. Perform all exercises smoothly.
- improves blood circulation;
- develops muscles;
- prepares for childbirth;
- cleanses the body;
- improves mood;
- relieves stress and edema.
Stretching is contraindicated in:
- diagnosis of miscarriage / premature birth / weak cervix;
- abnormal placenta previa;
- drawing pain in the lower abdomen;
- back pain.
When performing exercises, regardless of the trimester, you must listen to yourself and observe your well-being. At the first symptoms of malaise or discomfort, exercise should be discontinued. It is recommended to conduct classes in a group, under the supervision of a coach. It is advisable to pre-coordinate the classes with the doctor observing the pregnancy.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Stretching is such a direction in fitness, one of the most effective. With it, you can completely improve the body. This type of fitness perfectly brings the body into tone.
The advantages of stretching:
- Stretching can be done as a warm-up for cardio or cardio workout, as well as to be done separately.
- Stretching allows you to relax your muscles. When combined with strength training, stretching allows you to build muscle. Exercises tighten the whole body, develop flexibility and plasticity. By doing stretching, you can master the gymnastic elements (twine, bridge).
- Stretching also develops endurance, joint mobility. The gait becomes easy, graceful, the body taut. The figure takes on beautiful contours and bends.
- Psychological relaxation, mood improvement, and development of stress resistance are another plus of stretching.
- Stretching strengthens muscles, ligaments, tendons, improves posture. Stretching teaches balancing. Many poses are based on maintaining balance.
- Stretching helps to lose weight, improve the heart and blood vessels. During exercise, metabolism is accelerated, blood circulation improves.
The effect of classes is visible after a week. With each lesson, stretching will improve.
The load should be increased only after the full development of the basic exercises.
Training has no age limit. Grace and ease of movement, a good figure, physical endurance, proper posture is far from an incomplete list of all the benefits of stretching. In addition to this, you can add pep and good mood. Stretching is an activity that will please everyone who cares about their health and appearance.
Related videos: Stretching
Stretching for beginners at home: