Papilloma is a formation on the skin and mucous membranes that develop in the presence of the human papilloma virus (HPV). The growths can be located on any part of the body (face, trunk, limbs) and cause both cosmetic discomfort and cause the formation of cancer cells.
Therefore, it is recommended to examine the papillomas (especially if the formation causes severe itching, changes color or increases in size) and, if necessary, remove.
- Types of Papillomas
- Locations on the face
- How to distinguish from warts and moles
- What is the danger of papillomas
- Drug treatment
- Drugs to enhance the natural functions of the immune system and antiviral effects
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Topical preparations
- Vitamin complexes and diet therapy
- Removal of papillomas on the face with hardware methods
- Radio wave method
- Surgical removal
- Features of eye removal
- Features of removal near the lips
- Features of facial removal during lactation and pregnancy
- Recovery period, complications
- Folk remedies for neoplasms on the face
- Video about the removal of papillomas on the face
Types of Papillomas
Papillomas, both on the face and on any part of the body, are divided into 3 main types:
|According to the degree of danger of formations||By color characteristic||In appearance|
|Benign. There is no likelihood of HPV degenerating into cancer cells. These formations deliver only discomfort. You can eliminate it by all possible methods.||White. Appear in the presence of a violation of pigmentation of the skin or in the presence of HIV infection.||Flat. This form barely protrudes above the skin and has blurry edges, so it is difficult to eliminate. After manipulations, a small scar may remain.|
|Medium hazard. The risk of degeneration of papillomas into oncological formations is 15-20%. Recommended removal of growths by hardware or surgical method, followed by drug therapy.||Pink. This color is characteristic of young neoplasms, which may initially merge with the tone of the epidermis.||Spiky. Externally, papillomas are similar to the crest of a rooster. This species is most often degenerated into oncological formations. If available, hardware or surgical removal is required. The use of folk remedies is not recommended.|
|Malignant. The probability of growths of growths in cancers is 70%. An urgent removal of papillomas is required by any of the possible methods, also combined with taking medications. Further, observation by a specialist is required, since papillomas may appear again.||Brown. They can be from light shade to dark. Color changes mainly due to the influence of ultraviolet radiation on neoplasms.|
|Black. This color can characterize both the death of the papilloma, and its degeneration into a malignant formation. Therefore, an urgent examination by a specialist is important.||Threadlike. These neoplasms have a kind of leg, so they are easy to eliminate, scars do not remain.|
In this regard, before eliminating the growths, it is important to first determine the malignancy of the formation. Otherwise, therapy may not give the desired result.
Locations on the face
Removal of papillomas on the face can be done using medications or using a hardware method. The choice of manipulations depends on the degree of danger of the formation and its location.
The main places of localization of papillomas on the face are:
- eyelids and near the eyes . Mostly filiform and peaked growths are noted;
- eyebrows . Near the eyebrows can be localized any kind of papillomas. The danger lies in the likelihood of injury to them during cosmetic procedures;
- cheeks . Flat formations prevail, which can be located both on the outer surface of the cheeks and on the inside. Growths on the mucosa are dangerous by regular injury during eating;
- forehead . In this area, papillomas of any kind can be located. The most dangerous place of localization is along the hairline. Since when combing, they can be regularly injured, which can lead to degeneration of formations;
- chin . Outgrowths of a flat or peaked appearance are noted. It is recommended for the male sex to eliminate these growths immediately, since they will be constantly injured, in the process of shaving;
- near the lips . Pointed and flat papillomas predominate, which attract considerable attention, creating aesthetic discomfort;
- near the ears . In this area, flat papillomas are more often noted. Their location near the ear canal is dangerous, since they can be injured during hygiene procedures;
- in the nose . Formations of any kind can be localized. Their presence causes severe psychological discomfort.
The growths on the face can be located either one at a time or in groups. Numerous formations, after their elimination, can leave scars on the face.
How to distinguish from warts and moles
On the skin in the form of growths can be not only papillomas, but also warts and moles. Therefore, before choosing a treatment method, it is important to first determine the type of formation on the epidermis.
Distinctive features of formations:
|Build-up surface||Soft, friable||Dense, solid.||Rough and keratinized.|
|Blood supply||They are located close to the blood vessels, so they bleed when injured.||Are absent.||They can be with and without blood vessels.|
|Color spectrum||Mostly light shades.||Dark colors predominate, since the birthmark is characterized by the accumulation of melanin.||Can be flesh or dark brown.|
|Localization||Mostly in areas of increased sweating.||On any parts of the body.||On the limbs, head and genitals.|
|Boundaries of education||The borders are slightly blurred. Small sizes prevail (no more than 1. 2 inch). But they can grow during rebirth.||Clear. Spots can be in diameter from 1/32 inch to several inch.||Clear, flat forms prevail. They have dimensions no more than 0’8 inch.|
|Soreness and itching||The growths can become inflamed and cause itching.||Are absent.||With pressure on the formation, pain is felt.|
|Appearance time||They occur with a strong weakening of the immune system.||May be present at birth or appear during the first 3 years of life.||With a weakened immune system and infection in the body.|
It is possible to more accurately determine the type of neoplasm after examination by a dermatologist.
What is the danger of papillomas
Removal of papillomas on the face is required without fail when the formations change color, size, itching, and also if the growth is located in a danger zone where it is subjected to regular injuries.
In the absence of therapy, the following complications may develop:
- the most dangerous is the degeneration of formations into malignant tumors with the subsequent development of metastases;
- with the location of the growth in the eye area, it can disrupt the review, as a result, visual impairment is noted. Additionally, with the localization of the formation on the eyelids, they can interfere with blinking (that is, moisturizing the mucous membrane) and completely closing the eyes for the period of night rest;
- with trauma, infection can occur with subsequent suppuration and the spread of the pathogen throughout the body.
Additionally, when located on the face, papillomas cause aesthetic discomfort, therefore, need to be eliminated.
The diagnosis of the type of education is carried out by the specialist in stages:
- Conversation with the patient . It is made with the purpose of revealing: predisposition to cancerous formations; when and under what conditions the growth appeared or began to change external characteristics; what are the limitations when choosing a method of therapy.
- Visual examination : the doctor determines the type of growth (wart, papilloma or mole) by external characteristics; reveals the presence of additional symptoms (peeling, itching); determines the degree of danger by the type of papilloma (flat, spiky or filiform).
- Testing and PCR . Allows you to determine the general condition of the body and the immune system, as well as to detect the presence of a virus in the body.
- Tissue collection to determine the oncogenicity of education.
Further, depending on the type of papilloma, treatment is prescribed by a dermatologist or oncologist.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Papillomas of a benign nature can be removed with the use of medications. It is important that medicines cannot be selected without consulting a specialist, especially when localizing growths on the face.
Drugs to enhance the natural functions of the immune system and antiviral effects
Papillomas are formed on the skin when the papillomavirus infection is activated or enters the body, and mainly with a strong weakening of the immune system. Therefore, the use of antiviral and immunomodulating drugs is necessary in combination with any type of therapy.
List of recommended drugs:
|Name of the preparation, form of release and conditions of sale||Active substance and principle of action of the drug||Application rules||Contraindications and possible negative reaction|
|Herbal teas (dog rose, nettle, thyme). Are in free sale.||Herbs are rich in useful ingredients that make up for the lack of vitamins and minerals and normalize metabolic processes. As a result, the immune system is strengthened.||Steam 1 sachet per 189/32 inch of boiling water. Let it brew for 0 minutes. Take 2-3 times a day. It is allowed to sweeten tea with honey. The drink must be taken between 1 and 3 months.||Tea is not recommended for use with hypersensitivity to the composition and with an exacerbation of pathologies in the digestive tract.
In rare cases, tea can cause an allergic reaction.
|Immunal (solution and tablets). Sold without a prescription.||The main element is the juice of the herb Echinacea, which has an immuno-strengthening effect due to the activation of the activity of leukocytes and phagocytes (substances that contribute to the destruction and elimination of infection from the body).||Immunal in the form of a solution is prescribed 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce 3 times a day or 1 tablet 1-3 times throughout the day. It is important that taking the drug for more than 8 weeks can lead to the development of leukopenia (a decrease in white blood cell production).||The drug is prohibited for use in autoimmune diseases, AIDS and under the age of 1 year.
The course of admission can cause the development of allergies.
|IRS (spray). Sold without a prescription.||The active substance (bacterial lysates) helps to strengthen the immune system and prevent the spread of infection.||IRS must be injected into the nasal passages at the 1st press 2 times a day. The duration of therapy is selected individually.||The drug is not prescribed for autoimmune pathologies, intolerance to components and under the age of 3 months.
The composition can cause the development of an allergic reaction, abdominal pain and impaired activity
|Kagocel (tablets). When buying a prescription is not required.||The main component of kagocel has an immunomodulating, antiviral and antimicrobial effect, due to increased production of interferon.||The dosage and course of the drug are selected individually.||Tablets can not be used during pregnancy, up to 3 years and with increased sensitivity to the components.
Taking the drug in rare cases can cause the development of allergies.
|Cycloferon (tablets, solution in ampoules and limited). Sold without a prescription.||The active element (acridonoacetic acid) has an antiviral, anti-inflammatory and immuno-strengthening effect, due to increased formation of interferons.||Cycloferon is contraindicated in violation of the liver, intolerance to the composition and under the age of 4 years.
Taking the drug in rare cases can cause the development of allergies.
|Amixin (tablets)||The main substance (tilorone) activates the production of interferon, providing enhanced immunity and elimination of viral infection.||Amiksin can not be used up to 7 years and with intolerance to the components.
The use of funds can cause allergies.
Since drugs are used in complex treatment, it is important to consider their compatibility with other drugs. Therefore, the choice of medications should be carried out only by a doctor. Additionally, the specialist adjusts the dosage and course according to the general condition of the patient.
Antiviral agents are prescribed by a doctor if there are symptoms of inflammation in the papilloma area.
The most effective are:
Wobenzym . Tablets are multicomponent drugs and have an immuno-strengthening, anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effect. It is prescribed to use from 3 to 10 tablets 3 times a day for 30-90 days. The drug is prohibited for use with a predisposition to the development of bleeding and under the age of 5 years. The use of tablets can, in rare cases, cause an allergic reaction. Sold over the counter;
- Lycopid . Tablets contain the active substance lycopid, which has an immunomodulating and antitumor property. The drug is required to take 1-2 mg 3 times a day for 10 days. The tool is contraindicated in case of intolerance to the components, the presence of autoimmune pathologies and under the age of 3 years. The use of pills can cause an increase in body temperature. When buying a prescription is not required;
- Ibuprofen . It is produced in the form of tablets, ointments and suppositories. The active substance has an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. The dosage and course of use of the drug are selected individually by the doctor. The drug contains a large list of contraindications and side effects, therefore it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the instructions before use. Sold without a prescription.
The need to take these drugs is determined by the doctor.
They are considered the most effective medicines, since they affect the papilloma locally, in addition, the drugs do not penetrate the digestive tract, therefore they have a smaller list of contraindications and side effects.
To eliminate papillomas, external follow-up remedies are recommended:
- Salicylic ointment has anti-inflammatory, disinfecting and softening effects. The composition is required to be applied to the formation 3 times a day under a bandage. The duration of use is not limited (until the growth is eliminated). The tool can not be used with hypersensitivity to the components and under the age of one year. When using the drug in rare cases, the development of allergies is noted. When buying a recipe is not needed;
Aladara . Cream with immunomodulatory effect. The composition must be applied to the skin under a bandage for 10 hours. Use 4 times in 7 days for no more than 4 months. The drug is prohibited for use with hypersensitivity to the components and up to 18 years. Using the drug can cause itching, redness and peeling of the skin. Sold by prescription.
- Superchistotel . The solution corrodes the formation along with the root, preventing its development or degeneration. To eliminate papilloma, it is required to apply a drop of the composition to the growth. If the procedure is ineffective, repeat is allowed no earlier than 7 days later. The process of tissue death is accompanied by itching. When using the product, you need to make sure that the composition does not get on a healthy area of the skin, as well as familiarize yourself with the existing contraindications and side effects. Sold without a prescription.
When using external funds near the eyes, mouth or nose, it is necessary to ensure that the composition does not get on the mucous membrane.
Vitamin complexes and diet therapy
The use of vitamin complexes and proper nutrition can further strengthen the immune system, as a result of small size papillomas and benign nature they can resolve on their own.
When choosing vitamin preparations, you need to pay attention to the composition, it must contain vitamin A, C and D. Vitamins A and D prevent the ingress and development of HPV, and vitamin C helps strengthen the immune system. The most recommended are the vitamins Aevit, Vitrum and Perfect.
Diet therapy for papillomas consists in a variety of menus with the mandatory presence of fresh fruits and vegetables.
And also in the absence of harmful foods in the diet that disrupt the digestive tract, the result is a decrease in the body’s defenses. In addition, it is necessary to consume at least 0,4 gallon of pure water per day (accelerates the removal of toxins and toxins from the body).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Removal of papillomas on the face with hardware methods
Removal of papillomas on the face with the use of equipment allows to eliminate education with high efficiency.
The benefits of the procedures include:
- minimal violation of the integrity of the skin, which ensures high safety;
- education can be eliminated in 1 session, which lasts about 20 minutes;
- during manipulations, the patient practically does not feel pa
- short rehabilitation period;
- lack of scars at the site of formations.
To eliminate papillomas on the face, the procedures described below are used.
Removal of the growth is carried out using a laser beam, which leads to the destruction of cells in the neoplasm. After the procedure is completed, a crust forms at the site of the papilloma, which disappears on its own within 5 days.
During the recovery period, it is necessary to avoid prolonged exposure to the floor by sunlight. The likelihood of papillomas reappearing in this zone is excluded.
The procedure consists in freezing papilloma tissue with liquid nitrogen. As a result, the cells die, and the formation disappears (approximately 7 days after the manipulations). During the recovery period, it is required to disinfect the treatment area with antiseptic agents. There is a likelihood of recurrence of papilloma (with incomplete destruction of tissue formation by nitrogen).
Radio wave method
Papilloma removal is performed using a laser knife. This method allows you to keep the growth in integrity, for further research is not its malignancy. An additional plus is the possibility of applying the method to sensitive areas of the body. The likelihood of new formations in the treatment area is excluded. The recovery period is about 7 days.
Elimination of papillomas is achieved due to their burning out by high-frequency current, therefore the procedure is prohibited for holding in the eye area. The manipulations are quite painful, so it is recommended to use painkillers.
The recovery period can last up to weeks (you need to use disinfectants). The procedure is dangerous by the appearance of scars at the site of skin treatment.
It is used in rare cases (in the presence of large papillomas, when other manipulations have failed or are contraindicated). The disadvantage of this procedure is the formation of a scar at the site of the removed growth, as well as a long recovery period and the likelihood of infection of the wound.
Features of eye removal
In the presence of papillomas in the eye area, not all methods are suitable for removing growths. There is a possibility of impaired vision quality in case of accidental mucosal injury. Therefore, the use of aggressive chemicals is ruled out.
It is recommended to use immuno-strengthening, antiviral and anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as the laser method and surgical removal. It is important that the removal of papillomas in the eye area with folk and medication at home is strictly prohibited.
Features of removal near the lips
Very sensitive skin is located in the lip area, so not all methods are also suitable for removing papillomas.
Experts recommend using cauterization with nitrogen, high-frequency current or surgical removal. Aggressive chemicals are prohibited due to the likelihood of getting on the mucosa with subsequent ingestion and poisoning of the body.
Features of facial removal during lactation and pregnancy
During pregnancy and lactation, hormonal failure occurs in the body, as a result, papillomas can form on the skin. It is not recommended to remove them during this period, the probability of independent resorption of formations after the hormonal background is restored is high.
If there is an urgent need to eliminate the growth (there is a high risk of shedding), it is allowed to use laser and radio wave methods, and nitrogen cauterization.
Recovery period, complications
Removal of papillomas on the face with a hardware and surgical method is accompanied by a recovery period.
At this time (about 14 days) is required
- the use of painkillers and disinfectants, which are prescribed by a doctor;
- avoid prolonged exposure to the sun;
- Do not wet the treatment area;
- do not use creams for care and decorative cosmetics;
- independently tear off the formed crust.
Also, until the skin is completely restored, prolonged mechanical stress is not allowed (scratch, use hard towels to wipe the face). Additionally, the use of immuno-strengthening drugs is recommended.
After removing the formations by hardware methods, if the doctor’s prescriptions are not followed, or due to insufficient specialist qualifications, it is possible to form scars on the site of the growth, impaired integrity of nearby tissues, as well as infection under the skin with subsequent suppuration.
Folk remedies for neoplasms on the face
You can eliminate benign papillomas at home using folk recipes, but only after consulting a dermatologist.
The most effective and popular recipes:
- the garlic . Grind the cloves of garlic to a mushy state and combine with baby cream in a 3: 1 ratio. Apply to the papilloma, at night, using a bandage. It is required to use until the education is eliminated. Garlic can be replaced with celandine leaves;
- aloe vera . Grind the leaves of the plant and squeeze the juice from the pulp. Soak a cotton wool in the juice and attach to the growth, fix with a plaster, stand for 30 minutes. Repeat 3-4 times a day. Before each procedure, prepare fresh juice;
- wormwood . Cook 15 g of dry grass in 8,45 fluid ounce of water over low heat for 7 minutes. Strain the broth. Wet cotton wool as part of the composition, fix with a band-aid and stand for 30 minutes. Perform the procedure 1-3 times a day for 3 weeks;
- put onion peel in vinegar 9% and insist 10 days. After this, it is required to apply onion peel to the growth for 7 seconds 2-3 times a day, until the papilloma is completely eliminated.
Papillomas on the face are not only aesthetic discomfort. These formations can be dangerous by degeneration into a cancerous tumor. Therefore, it is important to examine any neoplasm with a dermatologist (especially with severe itching, unnatural color, or painful). Importantly, malignant growths, as well as papillomas located in places of frequent injury, must be removed immediately.
Video about the removal of papillomas on the face
3 effective ways to quickly remove papilloma at home: